Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:18 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Preparing for the future - PROMO #1 of 3
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-23-2019, 03:37 PM

OOC: For the next few promos I'm changing tact and trying something different in an effort to see how this goes. The reasoning will become clear as we go along.

MONDAY 5TH AUGUST 2019
NGAWHA MARAE
KAIKOHE, NORTHLAND
UPPER NORTH ISLAND
NEW ZEALAND

We pull up outside NgaWha Marae. We, being my wife Maria , who has been great in helping me deal with what has been an extraordinary week and a bit since getting back from the Leap of Faith pay per view. Also in the car was Blackie the XWF Camera Man who had been with me since I requested a camera man about a few days ago, so I can document my journey going forwards.

Maria looks across at me, gently grabbing my hand.

"Are you ready to do this?"

I look out the car window at the crowd that was forming to go onto the marae.

[Image: BztD45oCYAAQmTM.jpg]

"This is about my future, so I have to be..."

I look across to Blackie.

"You've never experienced a powhiri before, it can become so sureal, so you'll need to keep close to me. Luckily I've managed to get permission for you to film the ceremony."

"Yes sir,"

"Thanks to the latest technology I'm able to speak just to the camera on different parts of the ceremony, so that'll be good for our viewers,"

"Agreed sir," said Blackie

I sighed and looked back out of the window, and remember the events thay brought me to this place in time......

SUNDAY 28TH JULY 2019
LONDON, ENGLAND
AFTER THE LEAP OF FAITH PPV

I was limping from my temporary locker room to my car. I was totally exhausted after my rafter match, and I knew I now had just a tad over a month off because of my knee and my doctor saying I needed an enforced injury lay off.

Suddenly as I was nearing the car my injured knee gave way, and I went toppling to the ground. My staff who were hovering around the car, saw me fall, and they had horror looks on their faces. They all came running over but stopped as I put my hand up.

"Don't you all take another fucking step,"

I tried getting up, but my knee felt gone. I knew it was the damage that I took on that bloody rafter match. I also starting fearing for the rest of my career.

"Get out of here guys," came Quincy's voice, my U.K's personal assistant "We will meet you at the plane,"

Quincy waited until all my support staff got in their vehicles, hestantly, and drove off. Quincy, while he was waiting, had been texting my plane, to make sure my personal Doctor would be standing by.

Quincy walked up to me and smiled.

"You okay?"

I looked up at him in embarrassment, and shook my head. In silence he bent down and helped me up. Still in silence, I used his weight to get back to the car. As he helped me inside, I spoke.

"This could be my career, Quin,"

"Don't be so dramatic, 'M', it's probably some sort of reaction to how much energy you put into that stupid rafter match. I wouldn't worry."

"But what would I do if it indeed was the case? Look how bad I was in my semi retirement,"

"I'm sure something will pop up, but you aren't there yet, where's Maria?"

"I told her and the kids to go back to the plane, while I changed,"

We drove off in silence......

As we approached the plane, Quin looked over at me and smiled...

"How about going back to your job that made you millions in the first place?"

"I do that part time," I replied "But I find it rather boring, but that could be a possibility,"

"Well you know you have all the options in the world, you could even become a manager of some sort...."

I didn't know it then, but that word 'Manager' would stay in my mind going forwards.

"Maybe,"

As the car approached the plane, I saw Maria standing waiting, looking really worried, my doctor, was standing beside her.

"It's going to be okay 'M',"

"You don't know that,"

I felt my knee, it felt on fire, and that there was hardly anything there.

The car finally stopped outside the plane, and Quincy got out, and went around the other side, but Maria bet him to opening the door, and she popped her head in.

"What happened?"

"I was walking to the car, when my knee gave way,"

"Oh babe..."

I looked at Maria "This could be my career,"

"If that's the case, we can deal with it,"

She stood aside, to allow Quincy to help me out of the car, that's when the Doc came up, and knelt down and examined my knee.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS89QhJ910WowJIFJ1wIHT...AF8bvP9Zqw]

"It's on fire Doc,"

"That's a good sign," replied the Doctor "It just means it could be ligament damage, but not too much.... How does that feel?"

He moved his hands around my knee cap and I felt the pain.

"There," I said

"Good, good, it doesn't feel broken, it could be a severe hematoma. Inner bruising, which means you need to get off of your leg. So luckily we have a 24 hour flight to get you rested."

I nodded.

"See, it's just a hematoma," smiled Quincy "You were being dramatic,"

"Still I know how my body is," I said "This is way different to any other injury that I have had,"

"Again there's no need to be so dramatic, isn't that right Maria?"

"We can deal with this," smiled Maria

The Doctor got up and moved out of the way, as Quincy helped me towards the plane, Maria and the Doctor followed.......

As I got settled on board in my chair, the Doctor put on a special ice pack, that I had to wear for the duration of the flight back home to New Zealand, he said that will really help the swelling.

For the rest of the 24 Hour flight from London to Wellington, I sat in my chair, with a nervous Maria sitting beside me, and I said nothing to anyone on the way home, as I contemplated what this could mean to me going forwards. I had negative thoughts racing through my mind as I slept......

You are over the hill....

You continue to lose all the time!

Your body keeps breaking down

You are a laughing stock in the locker room

Everyone wants to face you because you are an easy beat....

I woke up in a panic from all of those thoughts, and sat forwards... I could hear Maria, a couple of seats in front of me talking to someone on her phone...

"That's why I reached out to you, because I've never heard him this low before.... no not even in his semi retirement.... I know you've dealt with him back then... No I still think he has at least a couple of good years left in him.... that's why I'm ringing you so at least I know I am helping the best way I know.... yes.... that may be an option, but not yet.... yes.... even that might be an option in a year or so but he's best to fight back while he has what fight remaining in him.... yes I believe a month at home.... In a couple of days? Cool... seeing you will certainly help... I owe you big time.... no I will do for 'M'. Okay see you then..."

I heard her end the call, and I looked at my hands, my face had obviously been sweaty. I groaned.

"You are awake!" replied Maria

"I need to have a wash,"

"The doc said you shouldn't move until we arrive back in Welly,"

I sat back in my chair frustrated and closed my eyes. I saw what I had been hearing, flashing in the darkness.

Everyone wants to face you because you are an easy beat....

I quickly open my eyes struggling.

"Hold on hun, I have an idea,"

Maria got up and disappeared to the back of the plane. I looked across the aisle beside me to see Quincy not trying to look.

"What?"

"It's pretty clear you are struggling.... you've been talking in your sleep, "

"State the obvious," I replied grumpy

"You yold me to always speak my mind when you hired me!"

"I hired you to work as my U.K contact, so why didn't you stay there,"

"Stop being an ass," said Maria returning "Now apologize,"

I looked over at Quincy "Sorry,"

Quincy smiled "It's okay, sir,"

Maria sat in front of me with a bowl of hot water and a flannel. I looked at her with disgust.

"Don't be a baby,"

I shook my head as she washed my face with water. She loved taking care of me when I was sick or hurt, as I was now.

"Who were you talking to just a minute ago?"

"None of your business," replied Maria sternly

"Come on it clearly was about me,"

"I'm sorting through ways of dealing with the situation hun, the Doc checked your knee again when you were sleeping, the ice pack did it's job and the swelling has gone down. He reckons with a couple of weeks of physio, you will be good to go again. So I'm just looking at future options,"

I nodded. The knee felt a bit better. The news sounded good, but my doubts were still there.

"We will deal with this together," said Maria

I nodded again while she continued to wipe my face. I looked across at Quincy.

"If you tell anyone...."

Quincy lifted his hands in the air and smiled "I didn't see anything,"

RETURN TO
MONDAY 5TH AUGUST 2019
NGAWHA MARAE
KAIKOHE, NORTHLAND
UPPER NORTH ISLAND
NEW ZEALAND

I'm about to open the car door.

"May I ask a couple of quick questions before we do this thing?" asked Blackie, the camera man

I look back at Blackie "Sure, make them quick though, we can't hold up an official powhiri,"

"Since your so called career threatening knee injury, you have decided to take on a protege is that correct?"

"For the future, yes. For when I retire!"

"To me it sounds like you have made a decision on when that will be, am I right?"

"That's a pretty fair assumption," I replied "Yes I do know when i'm going to retire,"

"It has a lot to do with these people saying yes that you can train your protege is that what we are doing here?"

I looked over at Maria feeling pressured...

"You did organize this," started Maria "And you did ask to get it filmed, so you really have to answer the tough questions,"

My wife was right as per usual, I sighed and looked into the camera.

"I chose Manu to be my protege, yes. From a search I did once i decided what my next step was going to be. You have to understand, the kid is Maori, he's only 17 years old and he has a bright future ahead of him in the Wrestling business....

"He belongs to a tribe, for me to be able to train him as my protege I need to ask the tribe's permission him under my wing, if they say yes then great!"

"And if they say no?"

"I have to respect their wishes and I might have to look elsewhere,"

"Just like that?"

"You don't mess with Maori Lore. And i for one won't, are we done?"

"One last question!"

I sighed again "Ask it!"

"When is your retirement date?"

FRIDAY 23RD AUGUST 2019
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

The camera fades in to the Thinking Room of Mastermind, at his home in Wellington, New Zealand, and it finds him admiring the latest t-shirt he had made. He looks at the camera.

[Image: 5387523270%20Front.jpg]

"7 match losing streak is what I broke when I pinned Belladonna Lovely last Anarchy. That is my second worst streak of my XWF career after the 9 that I suffered in my early XWF career.

"You guys are probably saying blah blah blah we've heard this all before..... change your spiel, But why should I? None of you don't!!!!!

"For example Sarah keeps sprouting on about winning this...... winning that..... How she easily accounted for Noah Jackson this.... Noah Jackson that.... She has Noah Jackson on her mind for some reason...... Does she ever change her spiel? No fucking way...

"Or how about how Theo Pryce, who has returned by the way... never ever lets any forget that he is the co-owner of the XWF? He threatens people with his power.
Does he ever change his spiel? No fucking way.... Not that I am saying he shoud that's not the point....

"Or how about Noah Jackson, case in point forever saying cunt this cunt that..... Does he ever change his spiel? Again no fucking way......

"Or how about Fuzz another case in point.... He's forever reminding everyone that he was the big thing back in the day! He won this... He won that! Yet we haven't seen him win a damn thing since he returned..... Does he ever change his spiel? Again hell no.....

"You guys get the picture"

Mastermind smirks and gets up. The camera follows him from the Thinking Room to his Victory Clothes Line room. Where has placed all his victory t-shirts up from everyone who he has ever beaten. He places the latest t-shirt up on the line and puts a couple of pegs to hold it in position. He stands back and admires yet.

"Which brings me to my next subject but still on the same line of thought.... Next Wednesday Night Warfare I am in an elimination Triple Threat Match where the winner..... that'll be me by the way... that's just a spoiler alert for you... Hey if Paul Heyman can say it... surely I can too.... because hey that's part of his spiel.... Haha see what I did there?

"Where was I? Oh yes I'm in an Elimination Triple Threat match where the winner will go to Relentless to take on the X-Treme Champion the returning Unknown Soldier. He managed to fluke his way into winning the XWF X-treme belt from the not so smart Steve Justice. Hey Soldier, welcome back. I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with a fluke win, you were just there at the right time, to do it. I know you are our guest referee but I sure hope you play fairly like I know you should and will do.

"Anyway this isn't about you.... yet.... this is about getting to you, and standing in my way, are two competitors that I sort of admire. In Big D I do, but in Peter Fucking Gilmour I don't. And I'll explain why shortly....

"Fuck it let's do it now, and get you out of the way."

Mastermind walked away from the end of the line towards the middle of the row, and stopped at the t-shirt that he wanted the world to see....

[Image: 9219733218%20Front.jpg]

Mastermind smirks at the camera.

"Peter.... I have a little bit of respect for you but that's just it. I always harp on about how I can beat you in normal matches but when it comes to team matches, you buddy, use your 'friends' to level the playing field.

"In the two matches that we have faced off individually I have beaten you both times... Hence this t-shirt, and come next Warfare it's going to be third time lucky when I eliminate you...... I'm going to make sure I eliminate you first...."

Mastermind looks back at the t-shirt and smiles, before heading towards the door.

"You are a crazy mofo Peter. We all know it.... You are the biggest one here for saying the same shit.... sorry... same spiel over and over again... yet you've done wonders and have done what no one else has done..... changed appearances..... You gone from tubby to thin. Yet you still speak the same old spiel..... So why should I stop with my so called 'boring' old spiel. Na... not going to happen. I'd prefer you as Mr Tubby, Peter.... Maybe you will have a change of fortunes...... Being Mr Thin..... Maybe just maybe this might help you beat me....."

Mastermind starts laughing as he gets back to his thinking chair.

"On second thoughts that is never going to happen..... In normal matches, you aren't got a prayer in the world.... Even though you call yourself Mr X-treme..... You've won the Title how many times? 13 times plus? That's impressive. When did you last hold the belt? Way back in 2013.... What year is it now? 2019... 6 years Peter between drinks..... 6 years.... And you call yourself Mr Xtreme. You should call yourself Hasbeen Xtreme....."

Mastermind starts laughing again.

"Hasbeen X-treme I like that one..... I come up with some funny shit every once in a while.... That there takes the chance. Don't get me wrong Peter, we all know how good you are being in a team situation.... The last time you held the Tag Team titles was last year. Kudos for you. But this ain't no tag team match.... This ain't no team match either.... This is a elimination Triple Threat match where everyone goes against everyone else.

"The chances of you going to Relentless to take on Soldier.. Zilch.... It'll be me who will be doing that.... Me I tell you........ Because Peter.... You don't stand a fucking chance Mr Hasbeen X-treme Gilmour.... How do you like them apples?"

Mastermind sits back down in his chair.

"Now this brings me my final opponent..... BigD..... We haven't met one on one yet... you've been ducking me.... Na I'm kidding that's a lie, we just haven't been placed in a one on one match before..... Big group matches we have, and team matches. Yes I know my team lost to your team at War Games.... But who the fuck was it that pinned you to eliminate you? Who was it BigD? That's right it was yours truly.... Let's take a line from your spiel seen we're talking spiels today.... It was yours truly who pinned you at War Games... And that's the Cold Big D Truth..."

Mastermind smirks at the camera.

"Oh and what happened at Leap of Faith.... Yes we both lost that rafter match to Ned, but what happened BigD? I got highest than you did and won the 2nd Briefcase, and all you did was win a louzy 3rd Briefcase and not much more other than a big fall..... That's no lie there either it's the Cold Big D truth..."

Mastermind starts chuckling to himself.

"Gee I'm on fire tonight...... The Cold Big D Truth is your spiel? I'll give you that.... Are you going to change your spiel? Hell fucking no you aren't... because look at where it's gotten you.... Into all sorts of messes..... Some where you have managed to get out of.... Others that you seemed to talk yourself into..... And we all know what we are talking about.... You are just like another Ned...... Come into the company expecting everything to handed to you on a plate and going after it, and failing at it.... At least Ned wins.... Sorry had been winning until this past Warfare.... And that's the Cold Big D truth there true.....

"Alright I'll stop saying your favorite line because it's not part of my spiel.. I'm a 3 time Former X-treme Champion...... How many times have you won it? Nada.... Just like Peter.... Likes to talk the big talk but when it comes to walking the walk you come up zippo...... Zippo Zippo where are you going to go e oh? No where.

"Because come next Wednesday, I WILL be eliminating Peter, and then it'll be you and I in the fight for a taste of being at Relentless in a title challenge..... It'll be you and I and I'm sure we'll both make sure it'll be us last too because Peter is a hasbeen and doesn't deserve squat.... I've beaten him twice.... I've pinned you... Gotten higher than you..... Heck won more titles than you..... And well I am ready to go to Relentless, and you can talk the talk again all you want.... But when it comes down to it we all know that I can walk the walk because out of the 3 of us.... I'm the most capable........"

Mastermind sits forward in his chair.....

"I'm coming to Wednesday Night Warfare, to Belfast, Northern Ireland, to firstly take Hasbeen Gilmour out, and then I'm going to take you out.... And guess what guys...... I will then go to Relentless to take on Unknown Soldier, to reclaim my X-Treme Title...... and you both know what? I wouldn't MasterMIND that at all......"

Mastermind smirks and winks at the camera, as if he's winking to someone in particular. The camera fades out.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub

[Image: misfits.png]

[Image: Misfits2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Mastermind's post:
(08-24-2019), Atticus Gold (08-23-2019), B.O.B. D (08-26-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (08-24-2019), Theo Pryce (08-23-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-23-2019)