Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 08:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking the red carpet
BoxOffice_Brian_OHaire Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-12-2019, 03:49 AM

(A large crowd is gathered at either side of a red carpet. Flashbulbs go off as a limo pulls up and a glamorous female steps out and walks down the carpet to the sound of cheers. She walks slowly down the ramp with two men in tuxedos at either side holding an earpiece into their ear with one finger. Young people attempt to take selfies with the female in the background, as she continues down the carpet towards a step-and-repeat where television cameras await her. Various people holding microphones clamour for position as she stops to answer questions. Another limo pulls out and an athletic looking man steps out wearing a tuxedo. He has long hair tied back and a little bit of rough stubble. He walks down the carpet again to the flash bulbs and cheering. He is smiling, but it looks slightly forced. He makes it to the step-and-repeat and gives the woman a smile and a hug as they pose together for some photos, the clicking of the cameras becoming more intense. The female kisses his cheek and continues onward towards the building at the end of the ramp as the microphone wielding people now clamour for position in front of the tuxedo clad man...)

"Brian... Brian... BRIAN" - A man in a white tux holding a microphone with a box around it reading "Moviemax.com" gets close to the athletic gentleman

(The athletic man smirks)

"hah... Yes man"

"Brain O'Haire, Tonight is the premiere of your latest blockbuster, "Kung-Fu Swashbucklers". It's been described as the perfect mix of action, and comedy... But some people are saying that while you have been at the top of your game, you look as if you are yearning for more... This comes at a time when rumours are flying that you've signed a contract with the XWF. A wrestling company. I have to ask, are the rumours true? Are you leaving hollywood behind for the squared circle?"

(The tuxedo clad man, who we now know is "Box Office" Brian O'Haire, chuckles slightly and shows a wry smirk.)

"Leaving is a word I don't like to use. I'd describe it as scratching an itch. There's things in life that sometimes you want to do, and wouldn't forgive yourself if you never gave it a go. THIS is one of these moments."

(The interviewer laughs)

"Hah, I get that. But some people are saying that this, well, is a case of you trying to have all your eggs in one basket. There's claims that scripts are drying up, and that production companies are favouring streaming series rather than the big hitters at the box office. Are you just trying to keep an income?"

(Brian look a bit miffed by this line of questioning.)

"Excuse me?"

"I'm just saying, this is a bit of a sideways step. Usually movie stars move INTO the movie industry after the ring. Why do you think THIS is the right move?"

[[i]b](Brian moves closer to the face of the interviewer)[/b][/i]

"Listen. I don't need people like you telling me HOW IT IS. I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. And infact..."

(He pauses, and smirks)

"... Infact, I'm doing better than I ever have."

(The interviewer steps back slightly.)

"Some are saying that given your recent... um... Issues, that maybe that sort of industry isn't right for you?"

(Brian clears his throat, and a pensive look comes across his face.)

"Issues? What issues?"

"It's just that.... well... Your well publicised career break... Didn't you..."

"Look. It's been agreed that we don't go there right..... All you need to know is that I'm in as good a place as I've ever been. We don't discuss... THAT. OK"

"You're not really doing much to dispel the thought that it's not a right time for you, you've got yourself in a good place. Your career has sorted itself out after the.... unpleasantness... and well, why jump into something new now?"

(Brian looks angry)

"I'm... FINE.... This is the right move. And really, haha, I'll say this. There's no better way of relieving some....er... tension than kicking the head of someone. So, really. How anyone can say this is a bad move for me... pah... I doubt it. Infact, this might be the best damn thing I've ever done..."

(He moves into the interviewer's face again with a look of intensity)

"Maybe... I should show you just what I am capable of... Maybe you should see what the real Brian O'Haire is all about. MAYBE I SHOULD DEAL WITH YOU."

(He twitches and laughs, and a wry smirk again goes across his face)

"Or maybe... Maybe this my best role yet."

(Brian pats the interviewer on the shoulder, walks off leaving the Interviewer looking perplexed. Almost as if nothing happened Brian continues to mingle amongst the flashbulbs).

-FIN-
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like BoxOffice_Brian_OHaire's post:
Corey Smith (08-12-2019), Michael McBride (08-12-2019), Ned Kaye (08-12-2019), The Truth (08-14-2019), Theo Pryce (08-12-2019)