Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 01:32 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2019 RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should have, could have, would have but didn't - now look to the SKIES - PROMO #1
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-17-2019, 12:28 AM

RAPID CITY, NORTH DAKOTA
SUNDAY 14TH JULY 2019

The camera fades in to an unnamed gym in Rapid City, North Dakota to see Mastermind sitting in the middle of a ring with his head down looking at the floor. He is surrounded by 5 Dummies all with the faces of his opponents in the upcoming Leap of Faith Rafter Match; BigD, Notorious Ned Kaye, Donovan Blackwater, Brian Storm, and Robbie Bourbon.

[Image: latest?cb=20150701223807]

[Image: 121817_wrestling_wwe.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg][Image: screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-6.29.46-am.png...600&crop=1] [Image: methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fde4...resize=685]

[Image: Roy-Nelson.jpg] [Image: raidenkofxii.jpg]

From the sound system in the gym we hear a repeat of the ending to Mastermind's last match, and while that is playing Mastermind is seen shaking his head and holding up 1 finger....

vs TOMMY WISH Said:Mastermind grows in anger and headbutts Wish!

The champ leans back about to fall.

Mastermind comes in close with a charge to knock Wish away!

BUT WISH COUNTERS!

PC: "HIDEYAFACE!!!"

HHL: "OFF THE TOP OF THE FREAKIG LADDER!!!"

Mastermind is gone!

Wish looks to the lights, his back in agony but he gets to his feet!

He goes to climb!

He gets halfway!

Mastermind stirs!

Wish trips but keeps going!

Mastermind doesn't know where he is!!!

Wish get to the top!

HE GETS A FINGERTIP ON THE BELT!

Mastermind crawls and grabs Wish's ankle!!!!

BUT FALLS BACK!

WISH GRABS THE XTREME CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

A second recording is soon heard, and Mastermind raises two fingers before shaking his head.

vs ZANE NORRISON Said:Zane flips backward and drills Mastermind down with In The Wake Of Death, his trademark skywalker maneuver. Mastermind is stunned, and Zane rolls him over for a cover.

1!

2!!

Mastermind kicks out!!!

Zane can’t believe it, he thought he had the Master of Minds down for the count. He stands and pulls at his hair, then waits while Mastermind slowly drags himself back to a vertical base. Mastermind looks like he’s got nothing left, but he’s a game fighter and he lunges at Zane with his fists up… and Zane catches him in a pop up powerbomb!

Vinnie Lane: “Doomed Nation! That’s got to be it!”

Zane looks both perplexed and impressed by the fight Mastermind brought to him, then collapses onto the battered New Zealander.

1!

2!!

3!!!

Winner by Pinfall - Zane Norrison

A few seconds of silence passes before another match is heard on the sound system and Mastermind is seen sticking three fingers in the air and shaking his head very disappointingly.

vs SLOAN TAYLOR Said:Lucky: "Taylor back up, stepping through the ropes and out to the apron. She's climbing to the top rope… Skyfall!"

Chaos: "And the cover!"

ONE!!!!!

TWO!!!!!

THREE!!!!!

Lucky: "Mastermind got his shoulder up, but it was just after Hazel's hand hit the mat for the third time! This one is over!

Mitchell Dennis: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this match… and advancing to the next round of the Wrestlestock Open Invitational Tournament… SLOANE TAYLOR!!!!!"

Lucky: "Ladies and gentlemen, I have barreled down Niagara Falls, I have seen the Loch Ness Monster, and I've witnessed the man beside me drink an amount of alcohol that would kill ten normal men. But never in all my years have I witnessed something this improbably, as seeing the plucky Sloane Taylor chop down the large oak of a man known as Mastermind."

A couple of more reflective seconds goes by before another recording is heard. This time with one hand Mastermind puts up 4 fingers in the air, and with the other hand places it on his injured knee.

vs NOTORIOUS NED KAYE Said:Mastermind repeatedly refuses to quit with John Bihl asking him half a dozen times. Ned doesn’t relent, as he keeps adding more and more pressure and using the steel ladder to really dig into Mastermind’s body. They appear to be at a stalemate until Ned gets another idea and drags MM to the corner, then walks up the buckles similarly to how he did outside the ring earlier. He pushes his feet against the top turnbuckle and folds Mastermind nearly in half in the Boston Crab, and soon a pop like a gunshot echoes through the arena. Mastermind shrieks and grabs at referee John Bihl’s shirt as the official puts the mic in front of him.

“I QUIT! I QUIT!”

The referee calls for the bell and Ned lets go. Mastermind immediately cradles his left knee to his chest and Ned is waving at the back to send medics to the ring, as he checks on his injured opponent.

Mastermind shakes his head again, before holding up 4 fingers and 1 thumb as the next recording starts..... He is still looking down at the floor.

vs LUX Said:Lux tries once more to drag the massive Mastermind to the center of the ring, but once more his dead weight and the ropes prove too much. She's exhausted, having faced more of an onslaught from Mastermind in half a match than she's faced from many others in a full 15 minute bout. She collapses a few feet away from Mastermind to take a breath, waiting as he eventually stirs and rolls himself back into the ring proper. Lux gets to her feet, ready to make another stand. Mastermind staggers slowly to a vertical base, clutching the top rope desperately.

Lux stares at Mastermind!

Mastermind stares at Lux!

Lux smiles, and Mastermind sprints across the ring at he- NO! He tries to rush the Television champion but his leg gives out and he collapses to his knees in the center of the ring! He looks up at Lux who bows her head to him ever so subtly, and applauds his efforts, then unleashes a brutal buzzsaw kick! "DIE"!

HHL: OH MY GOD!

PC: He's out! He's out cold!

Lux makes the cover!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Winner and STILL XWF Television Champion - Lux!

There was no movement for a couple of minutes as there was awkward silence until the final recording started. Mastermind raised his entire left hand plus 1 finger of his right hand.

vs FUZZ Said:Mastermind tries to get to his knees which is his fatal mistake. Fuzz's eyes gleam brightly as he knows he has Mastermind right where he wants him, and he gets set for the DREAMWEAVER. He sneaks up behind Mastermind, and as Mastermind finally manages to get to his knees and steadies himself, Fuzz goes for the DREAMWEAVER... a.k.a DRAGON SLEEPER, and connects. He locks it in. Mastermind struggles with the remaining energy he has left, which isn't very much, but finally it's all too much, and he lets go...... succumbs to the DREAMWEAVER.... by falling unconscious, that the referee has no choice but to lift his arms....

Once........

Twice..........

THREE TIMES A CHARM.

"So here I am," finally started Mastermind "On yet another bad run of form in my career, after a successful come back from my semi retirement. So my biggest losing streak in the xwf is 9, I'm currently on 6.

"You all might be thinking I'm looking for sympathy? Fuck no. That's the last thing I need is a pity party from you people. I've never asked for one. I've created this mess for myself, and like before I'll get myself out of it. A loss or a win is about inches or timing.

"I was mere seconds away from ending Tonmy's reign when I made a small mistake which gave Tommy the momentumn shift he needed. I also stuffed up against Zane which he always takes advantage of, just the simpliest of mistakes. As for Sloan Taylor, I was too over confident against the so called rookie, and well she basically made me pay. As for my 'I quit' match with Notorious Ned Kaye, both of us got to our breaking points but it wad I who unfortunately blinked first. As for Lux and Fuzz, they are both good at turning the slightest mistakes into their biggest opptorunities to take control and end their matches. So as you can see it's timing, mistakes, and mere metres that has fucked me, so I have to find ways to improve that. And I will I'll make fucking damn well sure.

"I can see it now, my opponents at Leap of Faith are going to say: 'You're a loser Mastermind! You don't belong in this match Mastermind! You are a weak link Mastermind! You should reconsider changing your style, it doesn't work! You aren't any good at mastering minds! You haven't mastered my mind! Do I need to go on? No I fucking well don't.

"My reply to you all is..... fuck you all.... I am Mastermind, I am who I am because I AM the original one out of the lot of you. The rest of you are copy cats..... fucking copy cats and you don't have one ounce of originality in your fucking bodies and I'm here now to expose all of you.... so sit right back and shut the fuck up and listen. The truth will set you all free."

Mastermind finally looks up from the floor and stands. He starts walking around the circle of dummies with the faces of his opponents at Leap of Faith. He stops at........ .

ROBBIE BOURBON

[Image: raidenkofxii.jpg]

"Lets start with you Robbie because after all you are everyone's favourite to win this thing, after what you have managed to do lately. What's that that Robbie has done lately, some people may ask? You did very well in the efed crossover competition by getting to the Final of the Woodstock open, but you lost to Sloan Taylor, my first round opponent. And then there was that victory against The Queen of the XWF, Sarah Lacklan, which for about a week made her go quiet.

"But this isn't about Sarah, this is about you Robbie. Everyone knows you have a vile mouth and that's why I consider you a copycat because you use that vileness to be a bully. Just like Sarah, just like Lux, just like many others before you.

"Don't get me wrong, if I was able to use verbal bullshit like the rest of you I would but I wouldn't use it to be a bully. So keep on being the copycat of a bully Robbie because it fits in with your personality so well,"

Mastermind walks over to the side of the ring and grabs what looms like to be a chain and puts it around the Robbie Bourbon dummy. He then hoists it up into rafters where one of his helpers grabs it and puts it in place.

Mastermind walks around the small circle of dummies again and chooses.........

DONOVAN BLACKWATER

[Image: methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fde4...resize=685]

"The suave and the sophisticated Donovan Blackwater, leader of the Blackwater clan and former Television Champion, and someone who I've never beaten but drawn with once.

"You my slippery customer, are the prime example of a copy cat because you and your brothers have had it inbred in you from the get go, don't say that you haven't because you often use your father, Azrael Erebus, as an example in whatever achievements that you can bullshit your way out of. Azrael was the epitome of exellence a few years ago.

"You will always be in his shadow, you try to be better than him but you can't and won't because your copycat ways is what is keeping you back."

Mastermind walks over to the ropes and grabs another set of chain, walks back and places it around the Donovan dummy, before hoisting it into the rafters where one of his workers sets it in position.

Mastermind then resumes walking around the dwindling circle until he comes to......

BRIAN STORM

[Image: Roy-Nelson.jpg]

"THE Brian Storm is what I feel like I should be saying when speaking about you, and I can't put my finger on why.

"I don't know much about you as you are quite new. You have been around a few weeks. But from what I've researched about you, you well and truly come under the banner of copycats. How? I hear you rebutting. You basically describe yourself as a country hick. And what famous country hick wrestlers do we all know?

"Oh I don't know.... how does Hillbilly Jim and Outback Jack sound? They are both fun country bumpkins who uses country spiel in their brands much like you do Brian so copy cat much?"

Mastermind smirked his infamous smirk as he walks over to the ropes and grabbed another set of chains and placed it around the dummy of Brian Storm. He then hoists it up into the rafters, where one of his men places it into position.

He then walks around the last two dummies before stopping in front of..........

BIGD

[Image: latest?cb=20150701223807]

"The truth will set you free won't it BigD? That's your motto isn't it? It's the Cold BigD truth that is more your style. The truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth. You can't handle the truth.... See what I've done, basically made you look a complete copycat for saying stupid fucking lines like that.

"Not only that but the way you portray yourself as Mr Tough Guy, BigD, you should be discredited even more so. You lost a few fights that you should have won but didn't. I know I'm one to talk
but basing yourself on your tough guy image you should be ashamed."

Mastermind shakes his head as he walks over to the ropes, grabs wnother set of chains, places it the around the BigD dummy and hoists it into the rafters where one of his men places it into position.

This only leaves the dummy of.......

NOTORIOUS NED KAYE

[Image: 121817_wrestling_wwe.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg]

He walks around it three times without speaking. He even felt his right knee on one of the walk arounds.

He finally spoke.

"I did not deliberately leave you for last Ned. It just happened to work out that way. Yes I respect you and what you have done, and I will continue to do so but you are just another fucking participant in this match which means.... you are fucking fair game....

"It's because of you, that once Leap of Faith is over, my doctor has told me I need to take a month off because of my knee, so let it be known that I am coming after you first and foremost whether you like it or not.

"You base yourself on being a fast moving highflyer, which is basically copycat material. You are basically like those Mexican luchadores, but you haven't got a mask. But you still act like them and that is why you are a copy cat, just like the other four."

Mastermind grabs the last of the chain and puts it around the dummy Ned, and hoists it into the rafters, where one of his men places it into position.

Mastermind looks back at the camera.

"This after all is my very first Leap of Faith rafter match, and I'll show you all what I expect to do when i get there, and I'm not afraid of showing you all now because after all I'm NO COPY CAT!"

Mastermind climbs out of the ring, and heads over to a ladder. He begins climbing.

The ladder is the tallest he could find to get to the rafters. It takes him 5 minutes to reach the beam that is supposed to correspond to the one that will be used at the PPV.

One of his staff members hands him a rope to tie himself to. He looks down and yells.

"Hey this is my promo, I can do whatever, so watch up I'll be doing this to my opponents for real so I can win a briefcase."

He countered himself in and using his own speed, he went from dummy to dummy using different techniques to knock them off of the rafter.

First he crane kicked the Robbie Bourbon dummy off of the rafter and it crashes onto the floor below.

Mastermind then superman punches the Brian Storm dummy and it ends up smashed down on the floor below.

Against the Big D dummy he uses the safety of his rope to execute a standing drop kick, and the dummy crashes to the floor below.

And then he clotheslines the Donovan dummy off of the rafter and that crashes to the floor below.

And then finally he pretends to sneak up on the Ned Kay dummy and he acts like he is using a sleeper hold.... his MIND SLEEPER move to drag it around, before approaching the side and dropping the dummy to the floor below.

Mastermind then sits down on the side of the rafter and looks at the camera one last time.

"It's that simple. I should have, could have, would have won my last 6 matches but didn't. But I'll guarantee you all I WILL WIN the Leap of Faith rafter match because that's my Leap of Faith,"

And with that the camera fades out.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub

[Image: misfits.png]

[Image: Misfits2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mastermind's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-17-2019), Ned Kaye (07-17-2019)