Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2019 RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft Deadline Return to Form
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

07-20-2019, 10:54 PM

July 15th, 2019

The shot fades in, the front of a soup kitchen is seen in center view of the shot. The front door opens, showing none other than Ned Kaye stepping out from the building, working a hair net off of his head. From inside the building, a voice is heard shouting.

"Hey, you better not go soft on those punks at that big show! We actually like seeing you win, Ned!"

Grinning as he rolls his eyes, Ned shouts back.

"You know, that's an interesting strategy! I never considered just winning!"

Laughing a bit as he walks away, he shouts, "See y'all next week!" Glancing down at his phone, his eyebrows dart up slightly.

"Just my luck..."

Inhaling deeply, he begins to run down the street, camera following close by, doing its best to keep up. Ned sprints forward, scanning his eyes over his surroundings whilst narrowly dodging pedestrians absentmindedly crossing his path. After a few close calls and surprising weaves, he jogs out of the range of the camera, disappearing behind a row of buildings.

--------------

Ned raises a loose fist, knocking softly against the door, yawning slightly. After a few moments of waiting, the door creaks open, silver eyes peering through the crack. Having gotten a good look at The Notorious One, the figure swings the door outward, revealing a short middle-aged woman with dark reddish hair, wearing some jeans and a plain blue shirt. The woman extends her arms out towards Ned, a wide grin stretched across her face.

"Ned! God, it's so good to see you! Why didn't you text me you were coming?"

Ned shrugs, giving the lady a quick hug.

"Well, I wasn't certain if I was going to be able to. My schedule is getting pretty tight as of late. Is Dad home?"

"Of course. There isn't much he can do out of the house..."

Her smile falters for a fraction of a second. Looking down, she seems to curse under her breath. Ned pats her on the back, sighing as he walks into his parents' home.

"I'm sure he'll find something. Besides, do you know if you two'll be able to make it?"

"No clue, but he's anything but the kind of person to lay down without a fight. He's just too damb stubborn. He wouldn't even dance with me for more than five minutes on our first date."

"Yeah, yeah. I know, Mom."

--------------

The scene cuts to inside, Ned and his mother sitting at a scarcely decorated dining room with Ned's father, looking severely thinner than he was last seen. The skin on his hands seems to be pressed directly against his bones as he lifts a small glass of sweet tea, hand trembling.

"It's always good to see you, kiddo. What brings you over today?"

Smiling somberly, Ned gazes inside of his own cup for a second before looking to his father.

"I was just wrapping up at the soup kitchen. I'm doing a grand opening of the gym today, with Ethan's assistance. I had a little bit of spare time, so I thought I'd come see you, considering..."

Ned pauses, his smile fading.

"...Considering I don't have much time left to..."

His father nods with a hint of understanding.

"Well, I know that if we have to stay home, we'll make sure to watch your match no matter what. You've been practicing, right? None of that self pity stuff again?"

With a chuckle, Ned shakes his head.

"No, no. I think I'm finally past the worst of it. I'm excited to get in there today. I'm feeling like myself again and I can't wait to see who all showed up."

"What time do you need to be there?"

"Around 3:30, give or take."

His mother leans in, a concerned look on her face.

"Ned... it's 3:27. Shouldn't you be on your way..?"

"Yeah... just wanted to get as much time as I could here. I can be a little late there. They'll understand."

Ned's father adjusts himself in the seat, looking into his son's eyes.

"You ought to be going, kiddo. I don't want you to compromise your gym's opening. Besides, you can stop by later this week."

The Notorious One nods, standing up with a delicate ease.

"You're right. I'll call later tonight when I'm free, but it'll be a bit. I'm expecting quite an influx this morning. People wanting to ask me how I plan on training for my titular Leap of Faith match. Folks stopping by just to try it out. Who knows?"

"Oh? You'll have to tell us about it next time you swing by unannounced."

His dad gives him a big grin, despite seeming so worn.

"I'll see y'all soon. Love you."

"Love you, too."

--------------

The scene cuts, showing Ethan in front of a fairly large crowd, checking his phone nervously. Behind him is The Notorious Gym, doors propped open to accommodate the influx of guests. As the shot rests on Ethan, you can nearly see his heart leap from his chest.

"Come on, Ned... Come on..."

His breathing intensifies, the pressure of the large volume of people in attendance beginning to fray his confidence. All of a sudden, a shout is heard from within the crowd.

"Excuse me! Pardon me! I am immensely sorry for the delay everyone!"

Ethan relaxes almost immediately as Ned emerges from the crowd, quickly making his way to Ethan's side. Before Ethan is able to speak, Ned addresses the guests in front of them.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the grand opening of The Notorious Gym!"

A short round of cheers and applause sound off from the group before quieting down.

"I apologize for the wait, but I cannot thank you enough for joining me here today! The truth is that without the support of this city, I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am. Without all of you, I couldn't be Notorious. Which is why this project has been so dear to my heart. Because this city- this community has given the world to me. And the absolute least I can do is try to give a little back."

"And without further ado, I present to you..."

A couple of staff wearing Kaye-blue T-shirts lay out a red carpet into the entrance of the building, the staff beginning to make their way in so that the guests can follow them.

"THE NOTORIOUS GYM!"

As the many people of the crowd begin to enter, Ned shakes their hands, high fives a few of them, smiling as wide as he possibly can. Ethan, to his left, smirks, nudging Ned with his shoulder, whispering to his friend somewhat.

"So, what took you so long?"

"Just wanted to catch up with Dad. Sorry I left you waiting. I wasn't trying to hang you out to dry or anything, my timing was just less than ideal."

Ethan laughs it off.

"Right, right... Hey, Ned?"

"Yeah?"

"I still can't believe you stole an ambulance."

"You know me. I tend to be very loyal to those who treat me the same."

"...Also, thanks for grabbing that "Get Well Soon" card."

Ethan's face shifts into shock from the concerning realization.

"W-wait, dude! Am I, like, an accomplice?"

Ned chuckles, patting Ethan on the back, who begins to weakly laugh himself.

"It's not funny!"

The two walk into the gym as the last guest enters, the door closing behind them.

TO BE CONTINUED

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-21-2019), Atticus Gold (07-21-2019), Barney Green (07-20-2019), Darius Xavier (07-21-2019), Drew Archyle (07-27-2019)