Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:33 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Combat Championship (a side project posted with approval of Vinnie you fucks)
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-10-2019, 08:39 AM

https://globalcombatchamp.wixsite.com/home

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine has been working on launching a project, and I’ve been helping out very slightly behind the scenes with stuff like testing and getting it officially launched. Part of this has been talking to Vinnie about making this project an “affiliated partner” with the XWF meaning we’ll have links to each other on our homepage, we may run “commercials” for each other’s major events during shows, and I’m going to make a post about it here to see if anybody might be interested in participating. You’ve been warned, this is essentially an open invitation to a game separate from XWF and traditional efedding, so if you’re not interested just back out of this thread and nobody the wiser.

ANYWAYS…

The project we’re working on is an MMA simulation game, with a minimal roleplaying aspect and results that are done in a video format.

“WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN, RAVEN?!”

Well, it means this; we’re launching a mixed martial arts “company” where the results of each card are decided by a very intricate and detailed simulator rather than judged on the quality of RPs or anything like that. Upon joining you’ll be asked to fill out a questionnaire (roughly 20 questions and probably the most time consuming aspect of the game) that determines exactly how your fighter behaves and reacts in every aspect of a fight, and ranks the aspects of your game from strongest to weakest (jiu jitsu, wrestling, Muay Thai, boxing, etc.). Once you’ve submitted that form you’ll be added into the game and receive your full stat breakdown. Cards will be booked based on the fighters that have been added in, and we enter the “roleplay phase”. This is not nearly as detailed or time consuming as roleplaying in the XWF or a General Efed, we aren’t looking for promos or character development here. The RP aspect here is what we call “camp reports”. It essentially just tells the judges your plan for the fight, as you tell them what you worked on in training camp and what your strategy might be based on how your opponents skills match up with your own.

Important note; these camp reports do NOT decide the outcome of the match. The camp reports are scored on a five star scale, and the higher you score the more stamina and “special skills” you can enter your fight with. It is definitely possible to win a fight without submitting a camp report, even against someone who did, but it will definitely be an uphill struggle. These don’t have to be incredibly detailed either, the person running it estimates that people will only need to put 10-15 minutes into the game in order to participate.

Now what could be really fun about all of this is that results are going to be done in a video format, showing the game as it runs and generates the play by play of the fight and featuring a recorded commentary track over the top discussing the fighters and the bout, as well as timestamps that allow you to jump to specific fights if you’d prefer to skip around the show. Standard text results will follow afterwards, but I think if this ends up working the was it’s been described to me the videos will be pretty cool. The person handling this is very ambitious and creative with that sort of stuff.

So, they’re launching their first event soon which will feature two one night tournaments; one for women’s featherweight and one for men’s lightweight. Damage and stamina will carry over between fights, and title belts will be awarded to the winners. They have a couple of open spots left for each tournament so if this sort of thing seems like something you’d be interested in feel free to reach out to me or head directly to the site and register a fighter. I’m around to answer any questions you may have or explain anything else you might be curious about.

https://globalcombatchamp.wixsite.com/ho...keshi-kato

That’s the fighter I’m entering into the lightweight tournament, and his public scouting report. Someone start planning their training camp report and game plan to beat me. Lol.

After these tournaments the heavier weight divisions will open, and a regular schedule will start with the roster that builds up and the rankings that get established. If anyone wants to see how the first event goes and then jump in later that’s cool too, I know a few people I spoke to on twitter didn’t want to create a character for this but want to bring in their Efed character once heavyweights are eligible, so that’s no problem.

Ok. This post has gotten way too long. Thanks for anyone that’s read it, thanks to anyone interested/willing to jump in here and help get this tournament off the ground, thanks Vinnie for letting me post about this and most importantly thank all of you for being beautiful souls except those of you that aren’t.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like James Raven's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-10-2019), Tony Santos (07-10-2019)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-10-2019, 08:51 AM

Is this the same sim we have seen in other MMA feds? It looks pretty detailed and I have always been impressed by the Union GP stuff.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-10-2019, 09:02 AM

No, Union and the new 4CW fed use the same simulator which is pretty old and has a lot of chaos involved from what I’ve heard. Their overall presentation and graphic work is fantastic though, I really enjoyed being a part of it while I was there. This is using World of MMA by Greydog software which is much more detailed and a better overall program.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes James Raven's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (07-10-2019)
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-10-2019, 11:22 AM

I have something perfect for this which will help out both you guys AND my overall story arc. Heavyweight, though, so I have to wait for that.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lacklan's post:
James Raven (07-10-2019)
James Raven Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-10-2019, 12:25 PM

You’re alright, Lacklan. I don’t care what everybody else says about you. 😜

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

07-10-2019, 12:58 PM

You barely know the tip of the 'berg, J-Rave 😂

Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Sounds neat but a little intimidating because I know very, very little about MMA.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-10-2019, 06:02 PM

(07-10-2019, 04:23 PM)Lux Said: Sounds neat but a little intimidating because I know very, very little about MMA.

You should check it out sometime. I used to watch UFC alot because I had a buddy who fought amateur, but got out of it once we stopped being friends.

It's quite a spectacle for sure, more interesting than boxing.

I MIGHT give it a shot, but even as someone who DOES know quite a bit, seems intimidating.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-11-2019, 01:14 PM

To Lux and Big D, I understand. There’s a lot of information and a lot of statistics that make the whole thing seem much more complicated than it actually is. The rules are incredibly intricate (to try and answer a lot of questions in advance, not because there’s a massive list of things to do for each show) and the stats seem overwhelming because the game we’re using is so in-depth.

At the end of the day I’ll say this; the game features a lot of detail for those that choose to study and play with said details, but choosing to play at a surface level won’t be penalized for not understanding the finer points. As long as you have an idea of what you’d like your fighting style to be, and the ability to recognize things like “my guy is a wrestler, my opponent is a boxer, my gameplan is not to stand with him” you’ll be perfectly fine. I’m also more than willing to help anyone out with signups or spitball ideas for the first fight or two to get your feet under you. I’ve done a bunch of MMA feds like this and usually get at least one fighter to a championship, so I’ve got a decent baseline of knowledge on this.

In other news I’ve been told that 4 people from here sent in fighter applications after I posted, and were only a couple of spots from filling up both tournament brackets and getting underway, so thank you to those of you that jumped in and helped this off the ground.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

07-11-2019, 05:58 PM

Otay, I did the thing.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post