Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-06-2024, 03:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Yay! I can get interviewed too! Now my opponents and I have something in common.
Decker Hollis Offline
I've got a magnetic personality

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-07-2019, 10:10 AM

[Image: OM1A6DW.jpg]

Micajah "Cager" Viteri

The Xwf's newest employed interviewer and most cheerful man on the planet, stands in front of the camera. Huge smile plastered across his face, he awaited the signal from the camera man, indicating that he indeed started filming. Once Micajah received that, he directed his attention straight into the camera in such a way, it seemed as though he was focused, right at you. Staring straight into your very soul. Eyes practically unblinking, it's actually fairly unnerving but we'll chalk that up to nerves and give him a pass on the creepiness factor. This time. Shuffling in place a bit, he found his voice and then, with a quick clearing of his throat, he began to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Boys and girls. Pets and houseplants of all varieties. Inanimate, animate objects. I stand before you, pleased to announce that I am now... a fully paid employee of the Xwf and second hardest working interviewer in the company cause lets face it, no one works harder than Steve Sayors. Anyway, I am here to take on my first official assignment, when I welcome Mr. Decker Hollis to my set."

"Decker hails from Savannah, Georgia although he currently resides in Manhattan, New York and he is scheduled to take on Steve Justice and StigMartyr on Saturday Night Savage in a triple threat match. Two other newcomers to the business that both have promising futures here in the Xwf... as long as they're not facing my next guest. Haha! I kid! I kid! Please welcome my next guest, Decker Hollis!"

Decker Hollis, walked out in front of the camera and gave an awkward, goofy sort of grin before reaching out, in order to shake Cager's hand. The gesture is brief but friendly, then the two take a seat, on a pair of chairs that have been swiftly brought out by a couple of stage hands.

"Decker! I've got to make a point of saying this! You are a giant, my man! Kinda makes me feel like a midget in comparison."

Instant laughter. Decker shook his head and sorta slouched down a tad in his chair. At six feet, six inches tall, he was considerably taller than Cager, who stood at a mere 5'3". That's more than a foot taller!

"Is that better?"

"Eh. It's a start. It's a start. Nah man, I'm only messin' with you. I gotta get used to this. I'm working in an industry full of giants. Just need to get used to looking up all the time. Start doing some neck exercises or something."

"Or you could invest in a step stool."

"There you go. I'll make a mental note to do that. Stop off at Ikea on my way home tonight."

"Hah! That's fantastic. A stage hand can run out with it, every time you interview someone. You can be like... hang on a second and hold up a finger, then step up onto it, so you can make proper eye contact. It'll be great."

"That'll definitely give me an aspect over my fellow reporter."

"Steve Sayors. The hardest working reporter in America. I don't know. I think you might just have to accept second place. Y'know, until he drops dead."

"Yeah... I won't hold my breath on that one, I think he might be an android of some sort. We'll all be old men living in retirement homes and Sayors will still be running around, interviewing wrestlers and nervously twitching."

"Can an android nervously twitch?"

"Maybe? Wylie Sinclair is a robot and he seems to have human characteristics."

"Well, Wylie is half cyborg, half A.I. Technically, he's not completely a robot. More like flesh and human dna melded with machine."

"You know Wylie Sinclair?"

"For sure dude, I know everyone in the Elite."

"Really? Do you go out on missions and stuff like they do? Patrol the city and protect the planet from the forces of evil?"

"Sometimes. It depends on the night and if I'm scheduled that evening or not but I've gone on my fair share of missions. Mostly I work on stuff at the Citadel. Repair the machines and make sure the training area is running smoothly, without any errors or glitches. That place gets its wear and tear on pretty quickly, what with all the training folks do to keep themselves in top shape, ready for action. Just last night Griffin and I had to repair something like a dozen droids and two large floor cannons."

"Two large floor cannons?"

"Training can get intense. The team likes to be kept on their toes. Prepared for anything. It can get crazy out on the streets sometimes. Ya gotta stay at your prime. Otherwise you suffer the consequences. Everyone has their own set sequences that were designed to test their specific abilities to the max. For instance, my powers involve magnetic manipulation. Magnetism. So my exercises deal with a lot of moving metal, warding off impending attacks or avoiding projectiles, whether it's from droids or various weapons that will sporadically spring to life. A ton of fast paced, quick thinking goes into my training."

"Griffin and Wylie designed the program, so I couldn't memorize the order of things. Recently, they added a new part where the floor, literally gives out randomly, right as something is launching an attack. It definitely isn't a walk in the park to train there. Everyone has their own thing though, that's merely one example out of many. I think Azrael's is probably the most insane out of anybodies. However they're all pretty nuts and hectic."

"The Elite like to be kept on their toes."

"That they do, Micajah... that they do."

As a smirk slid into place on Decker's face, he released a chuckle.

"Still didn't stop me from getting kicked in the fuckin' head by a horse in my first match."

A look of shock, accented Cager's expression and he let out a gasp, showcasing his feelings about that previous event.

"That's right. You got kicked in the head by a horse. Dude. That was unreal. Are you okay? I mean, I would think something like that happening, would be enough to crack open a skull."

Decker gave a slight shrug and smiled as he tilted his head.

"I'm not going to lie, it did some damage but I'm fine now. I had to get cleared by a doctor to wrestle again but that's about it."

"What was going through your mind when it happened?"

"Honestly."

Snickering softly to himself, Decker lifted his hands in a sort of sheepish manner as he raised his eyebrows.

"I don't even remember it happening. It all went down fast and the impact knocked me out, cold. All I remember is being conscious, getting tossed around like a rag doll and then everything, went black. I woke up on a gurney in the back, with a massive headache and a dent in my head. My skull might have been cracked. I dunno. I was really out of it and disoriented at that point. Zane was there, freaking the fuck out. I remember that much. It's funny cause he's this undead abomination and there he was wide eyed, nervously pacing and making phone calls."

"A dent? In your head? Well damn, I would have been losing it too. How do you walk away from something like that, let alone get cleared by a doctor to wrestle?"

"The advancements in medical technology that The Elite has readily available is outstanding. I got a shot of some fast working nano tech. Mini robots that take care of injuries and ailments and then dissolve in your blood stream. Wylie Sinclair and Kelvin Watts developed them for members of the team that don't have the luxury of a regeneration factor. They work wonders. Seriously. I feel great right now. Fantastic. Like a new man, ready to kick some ass and claim a victory."

"Just as long as there aren't any horses involved."

"Exactly. Although, truth be told, I was kinda holding back in my first match. Wasn't really ready for the level of intensity of the fight and Brian seized the opportunity. I don't hold anything against the man. Brian's a good guy, he did what he had to do in order to win and I can't blame him for that. He did what anyone would do in that scenario. He used his assets to his advantage and it taught me a valuable lesson."

"Don't hold back or underestimate your opponent.

"That's correct. When I take on Steve Justice and StigMartyr in our match, I intend to bring everything I've got and do all that's within my power to take that victory. Within reason. I actually have a clause in my contract that limits the use of my abilities, so if I use them, they have to be rationed out and timed perfectly. Keeps things fair. Since most of the wrestlers in the Xwf are average, typical humans."

"And what are you?"

"Oh, I'm human... except, I'm what they call an advanced human. I got my powers during the big lightening storm, back in the fall of 2013. A bunch of people got struck by lightening... I was one of them, and when we all woke up, we eventually found out that we could do things that others couldn't."

"What caused that to happen?"

"Azrael imploded and when that occurred it brought on a freak lightening storm. He ascended when he rematerialized and gained a whole bunch of new powers, it was almost like an upgrade of sorts and that's when he went from calling himself, Mr. Satellite to Mr. Supernova."

"Course I didn't learn about that till much later, when I met him and the others and we were all comparing stories. He listened to everyone and then exclaimed excitedly out of nowhere... oh, that must have been when I imploded! Then he told his story and we were all like... damn! It definitely made sense and filled in the blanks. So in a way, it's like the advanced human population, got their gifts from the spaceman. Actually, it's precisely like that. I'd probably be a regular guy right now, if it wasn't for that lightening storm."

"How many advanced humans are there?"

"I'm not going to lie. A lot. With new ones being discovered everyday. Ezra Blackwater developed a program that can pick up the signature energy spikes that are given off when an advanced human uses their abilities and the team has been tracking them down ever since. If only to reach out and tell them they aren't alone and offer a means to help them learn how to properly wield and control their powers. That's only if they want help. Nothing is forced, it's simply an offer. So far, everyone we contacted has accepted and in return, they lend their services to aid The Elite's efforts of keeping the world safe. Sorta like one hand washing the other, in that regard. It can be scary realizing that you can do things that others can't. Society isn't always willing to accept folks that are different or unusual."

"Fear and hate tend to come more readily and it isn't society's fault, that's how they were raised. To shun what scares them, what they don't understand. We're a bunch of freaks and weirdos to them and the fact that we can do things that they can't, well it makes them feel powerless, so they rise up and act aggressively. Much like what was seen recently in the Xwf when The Boston Bruiser wanted to purge the industry of us and others like us. Never underestimate the frightened and ignorant, especially when they can form large groups of fellow minded followers. Fear begets fear though and when people lash out or attack others because they're different, it incites a defensive reaction."

"When The Elite reaches out to individuals with abilities, we give them a sense of safety and belonging, they no longer feel as threatened or afraid. That's important because we don't want our kind to live up to the false expectations of the public, we want the public to see us for what we truly are... just a part of the population. The same as everyone else, when it comes down to the bare basics of things. We might be able to do stuff that most can't but that doesn't mean we're monsters. It merely means we're different; however, that doesn't also equate to us not having any feelings. At the end of the day, we all have fears, sorrows and joys, we can get hurt or feel pain. Just as much as the next man or woman."

"Azrael Erebus is probably one of the most powerful beings in the universe and he still goes to sleep at night, like anybody else. He still deals with ordinary issues and problems. Still does normal, everyday, mundane things. Every Sunday night he has dinner with his family. Much like any father, attends dinner with their kids and grandkids."

"That definitely gives you something to think about."

"I gotta be truthful and say, wanting to destroy the misconceptions, won't stop me from having some fun during my match. It's great to be able to bust out my powers on the unsuspecting, especially in this sorta setting. Even if there are restrictions."

"Won't that incite the fear that you want to avoid? The kind that inspires a revolt. You said it yourself, when people see that you can do things that they can't, it makes them afraid and often the reaction to that fear is to lash out."

"True. But what I'm talking about is goofing around, harmless fun. I'm not going to go full on, Magneto on someone. Mixing things up and messing around. That's all I'm talking about. Still Steve Justice and StigMartyr won't know what to do when I raise my hand and give the entire ring a shake. It's the expressions, that's what will be priceless."

Feigned shock and purposeful, over-exaggerated, deep, tough guy voice.

"Woah. What's happening? Is there an earthquake going on?"

Then a snicker.

"Funny stuff."

Clearly amused, Decker crossed one leg over the other as he settled back in his seat.

"And if such a thing also happens to give me an extra added advantage over the situation, that is a plus too."

Sigh.

"God bless old school wrestling rings that are still constructed with metal parts. Heh. The day that the Xwf starts making us wrestle in plastic boxes, I'll be screwed."

"It's doubtful the company will put up funding for that."

"Yeah, I didn't think they'd pay for such a thing either. They don't give us insurance or even have an official doctor. The physician is a homeless dude, who operates free and loose with his clothing attire. I can't tell you how many times I seen the guy, stumbling around the halls, totally pantsless. Full on beating his junk, while he munches on an apple. It's disturbing. Truly. The worst is when you're the only person in the hall and he's walking in the opposite direction, towards you. When he locks in a direct stare, looks right at you and makes eye contact. I'm a six foot, six inch tall dude and I get chills. I can't imagine how some of the smaller ladies handle it."

"I know. I've seen him. He's always leering at the younger members of the Xwf too. It's not right. Someone is liable to wind up getting assaulted and then Vinnie Lane is going to get hit with a lawsuit."

The two share a knowing nod.

"Anyhow, I think I've got enough for now, would you be willing to do another interview sometime?"

"Absolutely Micajah. Thanks for having me on your show."

"Trust me. The pleasure is all mine, Decker."

With that the cameras cut off and this interview is over.

[Image: 4DZMdk8.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Decker Hollis's post:
bRiaN sTorM (07-10-2019)