Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:25 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Digging Up the Past
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-14-2019, 09:38 PM Star  Digging Up the Past -->

I remember the first job I ever had, working as a janitor in a doctor's office. It started when I was 16, an eager young man trying to start early in building a good work ethic. For the few years, it wasn't too bad. Having to manage school with my job, I only worked a few hours a night for some spare cash. This lasted until I was 18 and began working full time, when I began to see the world for what it was.

Once I started spending eight hours a night at this place, I realized how shitty people could be. I'd wipe the windows and watch as parents walked along with their children, not having a care in the world about their angels printing up my freshly cleaned glass. They paid no mind to me or the fact I spent time making them look so nice, because their precious child could do no wrong. As far as they were concerned, it was my job to clean. It didn't matter to them it was rude to not teach your child they shouldn't do that, I meant nothing to them.

And don't get me started on the bathrooms. If people weren't stealing the toilet paper on a daily basis, they were trashing the place. Whether it was someone not flushing their disgusting shit or tossing paper towels everywhere EXCEPT the garbage. The mess would be so bad, it was impossible to NOT think it was being done on purpose. The patients and doctors alike constantly showed exactly what they thought about me. To them I was a replaceable grunt; no face, no name, just someone there to pick up after them like their mother would. It made me feel bad for their moms.

The worst of it came when I started cleaning a different area. Tired of the monotonous routine I'd been enduring for years, me and a coworker swapped floors. Relieved to have a change of pace, things seemed to be going in the right direction. The feeling didn't last long, as an incident on just the fourth night changed my life forever.

I was doing my usual cleaning job, going through the different exam rooms and getting them ready for the next day. Wipe the mirrors, check paper towels, clean the sink, and change the trash. As I entered this one particular exam room, I went about my business just as I had the previous twenty. I went to pull the trash of the garbage can and grabbed the side of the bag to keep it stable. Without any kind of pressure from my, all of a sudden I felt something prick my finger lightly. I pulled my finger away and saw a drop of blood begin to build up, before turning my attention to the bag. There I saw the one thing I feared most: a used needle.

My heart began to pound rapidly as I let out a scream. I quickly ran to my supervisor and let him know what happened. We went up to a nurse who was still there and told her what happened. Rather than showing care and concern like someone in her field SHOULD, she just told me to wash it with soap and water.

As I cleaned the puncture on my finger, my anger began to seethe. Someone tossed a fucking needle in the trash, instead of taking the proper precautions and disposing it into a biohazard bin. To make matters worse, nobody gave a fuck about the fact I could've just contradicted some sort of disease from one of their patients.

The next half a year was hell. I had to get tested every 3 months to see if anything had developed inside my bloodstream. It wasn't the needles that bothered me, or even the possibility of having a serious disease for the rest of my life. No, the worst part of the ordeal was how it was handled by those responsible. There was no apology, no sign of remorse from the nurse who so blindly tossed the needle away like a half eaten sandwich. Instead I was forced to go on with my life as if nothing happened, constantly questioning what I could've possibly done so wrong to warrant such treatment. The only crime I was guilty of was doing my damnedest to make sure their workspace was clean and ready to go for the next day.

I contemplated a lawsuit against them, but hesitated. While I felt I had enough evidence and witnesses to get them charged with negligence, I feared what suing them could bring. Sure, I could get myself some money for the pain and suffering they put me through, but I'd very likely lose mine and everyone else's job in the process. Considering I worked with members of my family, a big reason why I got the job in the first place, it wasn't worth risking all of their livelihoods. Even though I had been wronged beyond belief, I made the decision to stay silent and power on.

It was hard to work in that place after what they did to me. I tried my best to forgive and forget, but constantly seeing the bitch who was too stupid to follow Basic Nursing 101 and too horrible of a person to give a simple apology, got to me after a while. When you added in the fact these people were now trashing their bathrooms and leaving garbage on the floor NEXT TO their trash cans, it became too much for me. I quit and never looked back. All of my respect for doctors and nurses was gone, much like how they felt about me. The only difference was they had done a million things to earn my hate, whereas all I ever did was my job.

That moment was the catalyst that pushed me to step up my training to become a professional wrestler. I studied the business more than I already had been and signed up for a camp. The rest, as they say, is history................

Fast forward to today. I'm in a different business, dealing with the same old shit. Rather than nurses and doctors, though, this time it was wrestlers and fans. All I did was show up to work and give it everything I got, but all they wanted to do was take a dump on my clean floor. They weren't gonna respect me until they saw I was the absolute best XWF had to offer.

This was why I was in an abandoned building, working myself to death. Whether it was lifting weights or running to the point of almost passing out, I was taking my training very seriously. While my opponents wanted to run their mouths and TALK about what they were gonna do, I was the only one actually preparing myself to back up my shit talk.

"Oh no........" I mumbled as I came to a halt from my current sprint session. Conditioning had never been my strong suit, whether in wrestling or high school football, but with the highest of stakes on the line I knew it was just as important as anything else. But I had overdone it and my breakfast refused to stay in the pit of my stomach.......... I threw up all over myself.

"Mother fucker!" I yelled with an exhausted gasp as I walked over to my towel and began to clean up the liquid mixture of Jimmy Dean sandwiches and orange juice(the ONLY juice I've ever taken in). "I guess Robert was right about me throwing up on myself. Luckily it wasn't EXACTLY like he predicted, seeing as how it wasn't in the ring....."

It may have been disgusting, but I knew it meant I was pushing myself to the limit. While Donovan Blackwater was busy doing CGI super power tricks and Robert Main did God knows what in his sex dungeon, I was making myself better. Being a former World Champion meant I knew what it took to not only get there, but STAY there, and Main's approach wasn't it. He could think he was good enough to stay king of the mountain, but with new climbers ascending everyday, one of them was bound to overthrow his reign. And that man was gonna be me, the person putting in more work than the Champion and Donovan Blackwater COMBINED.

I managed to clean myself up just in time as the camera crew I requested entered the building. They looked a little scared to be there; I wasn't sure if it was due to being in a serial killer-esque warehouse or fear of one of my 'boring promos.' Nevertheless, they made their way over to me.

"Hello," I greeted with a waive. "If you want to set up right there, that should work." I pointed to a spot a few feet in front of me and the crew obliged. They unloaded their stuff and began setting up.

"We brought a tripod like you asked," one of the men stated.

"Excellent," I replied. "Once you've finished setting up, I want you to hit record for me and then leave."

"You don't want us present to film you?" another one of the crew asked.

"No," I sternly responded. Even though I knew Donovan Blackwater had been making shit up about cameramen committing suicide, in the same way Robert Main lied about me taking steroids, I didn't desire a crew for my next promo. I was gonna do this plain old boring Blackwater style. Show them all how its REALLY done.

"Well, you're all good to go," one of the crew informed me. "Are you SURE you don't want us here to man the equipment?" I took a few steps toward this guy and got up really close to his face, as the other two shook in their shoes.

"If you and your buddies don't get out of here right now," I hissed very quietly. "I'm gonna give y'all some assisted suicide......." Without another word, the three cameramen took off for the door like a bunch of sissies. If anything was gonna kill them it was gonna be fear of a beating, not a marvelous Big D promo.

"Ladies and gentlemen, there is no need to adjust your TVs," I began with a finger held up. "This is not a stationary Donovan Blackwater vignette, no, this is a message from future XWF Universal Champion, Big D."

I paused for a moment, knowing everyone watching was bound to be laughing at that statement. They could make fun of me all they wanted to, once I was standing over Main and Blackwater with that Title held high, it would be ME who'd be the last one laughing.

"Ever since I arrived in XWF, all I ever heard about was this Robert Main guy," I continued. "Whether it was the fans, my colleagues backstage, or even management; EVERYONE was convinced he was the second coming of Christ. I never really questioned it at first, he held the belt and holding that meant you were the best the company had to offer; so I went with it for a while. But after seeing how seldom he would compete on shows, along with his cowardice in ducking REAL competition, I started to question this man's integrity. He chose to face Ned Kaye over competitors like Sarah Lacklan and Lux. Now, I will admit, Ned's grown on me quite a bit and he may very well be a future World Champion. But the fact of the matter is, his time wasn't then and everyone knew it. Hell, I bet even Ned did."

"Back to my point, though, Robert KNEW there was much more deserving wrestlers of a free Title shot other than Ned, and yet he took the easy road. Which brings me to my next point......."

I shot a victorious smirk at the camera, knowing the next bit of information I had recently unearthed was the ultimate exhibit of how 'great' Robert Main REALLY was.

"I wanted to learn a little more about our Universal Champion so I did a little Google search," I said with malice in my voice. "And what I discovered was a rather interesting fact about HOW your dear Champion won his Title........ You just couldn't beat the Engineer cleanly, could you Robert?"

I showed my teeth to the camera, overdoing my sarcastic smile.

"I get it, a win's a win," I went on, throwing my arms in the air. "But there's no denying your tactic for winning was low, even for someone like myself! At least I beat 2 other men in the same night to earn MY World Title reign, what did you do? Throw a temper tantrum worse than the President and beat the shit out of an already battered Champion. And yet you have the nerve to question MY career, to tell me you're looking right past Blackwater and I?! Robert, you can't cheap shot your way to victory Wednesday. No, you're gonna have to fight me and Donovan like a real man, something I doubt very much you're capable of."

"And I can already hear your excuses," I continued with a Lacklan-like roll of my eyes. "That was months ago and since you're still Champion, you've proven yourself by holding onto it all this time, right? I'm sorry, Robert, but defending against the likes of Ned Kaye isn't proving anything. You may have gotten away with defending against the worst XWF has to offer, but that was before I arrived! And even then, you still avoided forcing this former World Champion to put his money where his mouth is, well thank God the choice isn't up to you anymore! I busted my ass working multiple shows a week just to get SOMEONE to notice me, while you stood around and circle jerked with your Apex buddies. And the moment I mention to management that I might not compete on a Warfare show, you decide to criticize me for it?!?! Look in a fucking mirror! I may not have the best win/loss record in the company, but dammit, it isn't for a lack of trying. I could make excuses like having ring rust or being burned out from working so much, but it doesn't matter because I'm in the exact position I said I would be. Once I've beaten you, a moment that will go down in XWF history forever, the losses don't matter. Tapping out to Mastermind won't be the thing I get remembered for, it'll be ending Robert Main's reign before he could upend Vinnie's record! And when that happens, I get the feeling Chris Page will be the last thing on your mind. And that ain't no story, it's the Cold Big D Truth!"

I went to go switch the camera off, but remembered there was another opponent in our match. It was easy to forget about Donovan Blackwater, he had been rather quiet since his initial promo. While I could respect someone not running their mouth too much, the fact he opened his to begin with wasn't something I was gonna let go.

"Speaking of people who love to do cheap shots," I began. "Donovan, I hope you know your brothers won't be locked in the Cell with us come Wednesday night. I saw your attack at Anarchy and quite frankly, it looked like a desperate attempt to establish relevancy. It's really sad when you have to ambush someone like the Boston Bruiser to make a name for yourself. It says to me that you don't expect to stand a chance come Warfare, so you had to find some other route to engrave the name 'Brothers Blackwater' into the minds of the fans."

*tsk*

"This is the guy who claims he'd fight half the lockeroom if he were Champion?!" I asked with a confused look. "What are you gonna do, attack them all backstage and drag their lifeless corpses to the ring for an easy victory? Well if that's the case then I'm glad you WOULDN'T include me with them, because I'd rather lose with dignity than win like a pussy."

"You and Main can talk all the shit you want about me, I don't care. Sticks and stones are what breaks these bones, and there ain't enough of those in the world to keep me from becoming Champion! I may have tapped out at War Games so I could live to fight another day, but what ya'll don't realize is our match IS that day! And if you think for a second I'm willing to give up when we step inside Hell in a Cell, you've got another thing coming! Both of you will have to kill me, LITERALLY put me 6 feet under with no heartbeat before I leave that ring empty handed!!! Donovan Blackwater wants to talk about predictions, well what about what I said?! The whole point of coming out of retirement was to be in this exact match, competing for XWF's top prize, and winning it. I'm not gonna let two punks with no respect for me and what I've accomplished stand in my way."

"When I hear people ask 'when are we gonna get Santos vs Main?' or see Chris Page calling me a fruitcake and talking about facing Robert for the belt before my match has even taken place, it drives me further than anything in my entire career," I snarled in anger. "There is nothing I want to do more than walk into Leap of Faith as Universal Champion and screw up everyone's plans. This business is usually pretty predictable, but next week I'm gonna throw a wrench into it. Vinnie better start making some plans, because Main vs Page is going on the undercard where it belongs, while Big D defends the Title against someone who deserves to be there. And that, once more, is the Cold Big D Truth and if you don't believe me, check again after Warfare!"

With a parting middle finger, I walked off out of camera view. My entire career had been full of big matches, some for belts and others for pride. But none of them came even close to what was on the line Wednesday. All my life people had no respect for me, whether it was as a janitor or my accomplishments between the ropes. A win at Warfare would surely have to change that perspective forever. It just had to.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Corey Smith (06-15-2019), El Príncipe (06-16-2019), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (06-17-2019), Tony Santos (06-16-2019)