Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 05:20 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need some honest feedback on my promos with Lackland
BostonBruiser02128 Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

05-14-2019, 10:52 AM

Hey somebody do me a solid ( what the hell did I just say?) and give me some feedback on my RP's to Lackland over the last 24 hours. Now by honest I don't mean be an asshole. If I wanted to be insulted I would talk to my wife. Tell me where I went wrong or where I need to improve.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like BostonBruiser02128's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-15-2019), Drew Archyle (05-14-2019), John Whyte (05-14-2019), Rain (05-19-2019)
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-14-2019, 09:02 PM

I'll take a looksee and get back to you. Where might I locate these rps?

[Image: hZM7vS3.jpg]

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post
Zane Norrison Offline
The Post-Mortem Punk

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-15-2019, 03:23 AM

Okay, I think I figured out what you meant, lol. You're talking about the Federweight title stuff. I read the thread "Third Times A Charm" and I thought your material was great. Aside from a few minor writing errors, which can be chalked up to normal human oversights. Something everyone; including myself, has been guilty of at one point or another. I think your material is pretty damn good.

Also throwing this out there, your pin attempts on Zane have been wonderful, lol. I look forward to more.

[Image: hZM7vS3.jpg]

1x X-Treme Champ
1x Hart Champion
1x SOTM November 2018
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Zane Norrison's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-15-2019), BostonBruiser02128 (05-15-2019), Rain (05-19-2019)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-15-2019, 04:23 AM

Well, you get an A for effort that's for sure.

You're another one that it's tough for me to truly expound on what you can do better because it's tough to describe. I honestly think you have a very good foundation to build from, and you put forth a lot of work in that series with Sarah (who, BTW is one of our best trash talkers at present so I wouldn't be too upset about the loss). The best I can say is that some of your barbs landed and some seemed kinda ho-hum. My best advice would be to try to avoid cliche's (if you've heard it said a bunch of times before, it's probably not all that effective). The thing that wins trash talk battles is the ability to be witty, biting, and innovative. Using unique turns of phrase or truly nailing somebody on a character weakness is the way to go.

Like I said, I think you have a good foundation, just try to cut out the more well worn insults and I think you'll do well.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Corey Smith's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-15-2019), BostonBruiser02128 (05-15-2019), Rain (05-19-2019), Tony Santos (05-20-2019)
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

05-19-2019, 03:30 AM

I used to be pretty damn good at trash-talking, but over the years [20 or so] I've kinda lost the touch. But you seem like a great prospect... good luck, m8.

[Image: Dahvie-vanity-botdf-crew-31823997_zpsgzuqvwx0.gif]

iAm fluid... my gender, my sexuality, my personality...
as fluid as the drops of water pouring down upon us from the heavens above

Former 24/7 Xtreme Champion [x1]
Born: 10.31.89 -- Died: 09.13.13 | ReBorn: 08.11.2014 | #emoHero | #BROKEN

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post