Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:26 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Saturday's A Joke
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

05-06-2019, 06:08 PM

"Is this some kind of joke?"

I didn't know. There was a good chance the XWF brass was playing a prank on me. And it was also possible I was being punished for my loss against Lux. Whichever reason, it didn't matter, the fact was I was being shown the ultimate display of disrespect.

I stood there backstage, staring at the card for Saturday Night Savage. At least I THOUGHT it was the card. It looked like the card, smelled like the card, even tasted like the card(when no-one was looking, I had to do what I had to do). But it was just SO off, it was almost impossible to fathom what was going through management's heads.

On the previous edition of Savage, I had a thriller with the TV Champion that came down to the wire. Most people could agree it was anyone's match and Lux pulled through this time. Regardless of the result, though, it was a match the XWF fans would remember for quite some time. The type of match you would expect to have to shell out your hard earned cash to see on Pay-per-view. But it was a gimme, from both me and Lux.

After laying it all on the line and barely falling short, you'd think management would respect me and my work ethic. And while it's true I have an opportunity at Warfare to earn a #1 Contender Match spot for the Hart Title, it's being followed up with an absolute slap to the face match.

First off, I'm dropping from the Main Event, to opening the show. That one may have been my own doing by continuously pointing out that Big D doesn't open shows, he Main Events. I'll give management that one, probably trying to make sure the inmates don't run the asylum. Got it. While I can accept, to an extent, making me open the show; I can NOT understand the level of competition they've put me against.

First we have Snow. Not the worst wrestler to be face, but nowhere near the talent of Lux. Though Snow IS technically a murderer, I'm not worried about it. I'm not Kid Fool, I can actually handle myself just fine. I would also hope she wouldn't kill me for the fact her brother would be much more vulnerable at War Games if I'm not there to help watch his back. Even without that, I'm a far superior athlete and fighter than she is and that alone should be enough to defeat her.

But then there's my other opponent: Hootie H. Hootie. An owl. A fucking owl. It was one thing to go from a Main Event match to lower on the card, it was also another thing to be involved in a match with Snow. But having a third 'competitor's in the match that's an animal?!?? It's absolutely insane.

I walked around backstage after seeing the card. There was alot of emotions running through me at that moment and I didn't want to stand still. As I took my stroll I could feel stares from the wrestlers who'd seen the card. I didn't know what they thought, whether it was sad for me to be in this match, or sad that management had the nerves to even book it. Whichever the case, I didn't want to deal with this. Didn't want to deal with anyone, I just wanted to be taken seriously and it felt like that would NEVER happen.

"Big D?"

"Oh my God, Steve!" I snapped, hearing the XWF's resident interviewer extraordinaire from behind me. "Why do you ALWAYS have to bother me at the worst possible times?!?!" I angrily turned around and approached Steve Sayors, who was cowering with his microphone.

"I-I........"

"You what?!" I yelled. "Want an interview? You want to ask me some astounding questions about my stupid match on Saturday?!?!?!" I turn and see a cameraman recording everything I was screaming at Steve.

"Y-y-yes," Steve manages to cry out. I let out a sigh. Here I was, once again, picking on this weakling. All he wanted was to do his job and I was constantly raining on his parade. It was like when I used to be a janitor and people would use the bathrooms despite me putting a 'RESTROOMS CLOSED' sign in front of them. I was being just as bad as though morons.

"I'm sorry, Steve," I stated as I put a hand on his shoulder. "It's been a very frustrating week for me." Steve looked shocked to hear me apologize.

"T-that's quite alright, Big D," he says, trying to relax a bit more around me. "Your frustrating week is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. Maybe it'll help to get some things off your chest."

"Maybe."

"You haven't addressed your loss to Lux yet," Steve began. "It was quite the back and forth contest, with you falling just short of capturing the XWF TV Title. Has your opinion of Lux changed since suffering defeat at his hands?"

"My opinion of Lux is exactly as it was before," I said, looking towards the camera. "It was no secret that Lux is a talented fighter. I knew that going in, and I expected the match to be as close as it was. I also think Lux is a giant asshole, bigger than I am."

"How so?"

"Well, Steve, you took apart of those skits Lux did," I began. "And apparently everyone loves them, except me of course. But I couldn't love them, not because they were poking fun at me, but because of how wrong and irrelevant they were. If he wasn't trying to call me a liar, he was calling me desperate for defending my facts I provided or telling me he didn't care about the facts. Nothing he said or did made any sense."

"That's fair, I suppose," Steve responded. "Before you get mad at me, I pretty much do what people want me to. When someone says bark, I bark. If they want me to participate in a fake game show and get drunk for free, I'm gonna do it."

"What a sad life to live," I said with a shake of my head.

"...........anyway, moving on," Steve changed the subject. "You have two interesting opponents for Savage in Snow and Hootie H. Hootie, what are your thoughts on these two?"

"I have a lot of thoughts on those two," I snarled, getting irritated just thinking about it. "But I would rather give my thoughts on XWF management. You see, I don't understand why they feel this match is anything besides a horrendous idea. I've wondered whether I'm being punished for something or if they just think I'm trash, because booking a serious competitor against an owl is a great way to drive that wrestler to the competition."

"Are you saying just being booked in this match makes you want to quit?"

"A little, yeah," I stated. "I go from proving to everyone I can compete at THE highest level, and the next week I have to face the worst XWF has to offer. It's funny, though, because I'm in the running for a Hart Title shot and management might be making THEMSELVES look bad. I mean, what IF I somehow got pinned by this owl, and then go on to win the Hart Championship? I know that all sounds nuts, but the world of wrestling is a crazy one. I could become a champion who lost to a wild animal, and not even a threatening one. What would that do for the XWF, for the Hart Title? Maybe management should think about that shit before pulling this kind of shit on one of its best."

"Well, Big D, you certainly made it known how you feel about Hootie," Sayors said with a nervous chuckle. "What about your other opponent, Snow? Could this be a problem, knowing her brother is on your War Games team?"

"No, I don't expect that to be a problem," I said with confidence. "It's an unfortunate circumstance, but I'm sure Rain can understand that everything that happens in the ring is just business. I don't WANT to hurt my teammate's sister, but I also don't want to lose. And between those two choices, I'm gonna not choose losing. And it's just the way it is. IF Rain has a problem with that, then he can pull me aside and have a conversation with me like an adult and I'll repeat what I just said to him. He's a big boy, just like Snow is a big girl. If she gets hurt there'll be no-one to blame but herself."

"Strong words from Big D," Steve states. "Do you have anything else you'd like to say to your opponents or anyone else who may be listening?"

"Yes, but first could we zoom in on my face?" I asked, motioning towards the cameraman. "I want everyone in the XWF, and all the fans, to look at me. I need you all to understand the person you are looking at. I am the Captain of a War Games team. Former NWF World Heavyweight Champion. The man who came THIS close to pulling off the upset and winning the TV Title from Lux. Remember all of those things when you see me. Don't forget that the next time you want to make fun of my name, or my catchphrase, or my War Games team. You may not think that I am for real, might believe that I'm just a joke who lucked his way into a couple of Main Events; but you're wrong. Even though I have no choice but to go out there Saturday and beat up an owl and a lesbian, I'm going to put on a show for you all. I'm going to walk to that ring with my head held high, knowing I am above it. And after I'm done making quick work of them, I'm gonna run through the rest of the XWF on my way to the top. And that ain't no story, it's the Cold Big D Truth."

"Thanks for your time, Big D," Steve says before running away from me. There was no need to chase after him, I had no plans for harming him this time.

My mind was clouded by misfortune. Even though it sucks not being TV Champion, despite the fact my match Saturday is a joke, I had to keep my chin up. I WAS a War Games Captain, meaning I was a win away from a Universal Title shot. I was also two wins away from a Hart Title shot. If I could pick up the win Wednesday to advance, and then dominate Hootie and Snow, I'd be right back on track. A few wins and I'm exactly where I was before losing to Lux. And THAT was a good thing. No story about it.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Atticus Gold (05-06-2019), Darius Xavier (05-06-2019)