Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The journey to hell and back continues - Promo #2
Mastermind Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

05-10-2019, 01:11 AM

PREVIOUSLY

After finding out that all his concussions and early injuries was basically because of mental issues, a young Mastermind now has to face a mental coach (therapist) while he is recovering from his hamstring issue.

and now the continuation:

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
OUTBACK JACK'S TRAINING FACILITY

DAY 2 CONTINUES

Mastermind is shown into an office and told to wait before being left alone. He soon begins to pace backwards and forwards.

10 minutes later the door opens and in walks what appears to be a young guy who doesnt look anything like a therapist. He looks at Mastermind and holds out his hand.

"Hi my name is David, you are 'M'?"

Mastermind shook David's hand.

"I am."

"I was told you suffered a hamstring tear, you need to sit down and stay off that leg."

Mastermind gave David a semi smile and sat down on the couch. While David sat down in the chair.

"So you're wrestling name is Mastermind. That's quite ingenius. How did you come up with the name?"

"I always wanted to go from Amatuer wrestling to Pro Wrestling so I needed to make sure of a name even before I got there."

"That's being meticulious in your planning from an early age."

"Like I said I wanted to make the jump from amateur to pro as quickly as I could so I needed to be ready "

"So why the name Mastermind?"

"Why not?"

David felt that although he had got Mastermind talking early, ge had clearly caught on and had built up a wall.

"Can I ask a question?"

"Sure fire away?"

"That little exchange that we just had means we've started, and you are now judging me?"

"I'm not judging you, what makes you think I'm going to judge you."

"Because Outback Jack said that my injuries and concussions are caused by my mental problems which are caused by my childhood. I don't want to be judged on my childhood."

David put up his hands to stop Mastermind from speaking. He was trying to calm him down.

"First of all you are not being judged, second of all Outback Jack is worried about you. He of all people knows what holds his students back and at this stage you are still a client. Therefore he wants to help find a way to help you out. If you don't want to talk about your past you don't have to."

"But that's what Outback Jack said I have to do in order to continue my training."

"At the moment I'm the one who is in charge of if you are able to continue your training or not but at the moment you have a hamstring issue which means you cannot train. Which means we will be working together 3 times a day for the next two weeks and then assess it from there. What I say goes not Outback Jack. He's placed you with me."

"So basically he's washed his hands of me,"

"I didn't say that and that isn't what is meant. He can't focus on you if you are injured, thats why he brought me in to help on his behalf."

"Yeah okay," replied Mastermind sitting back with his arms folded

"Do you feel people wash their hands of you?"

"Forget I said anything,"

"But you said it,"

"Forget it leave it alone please,"

Obviously Mastermind was feeling the pressure.

"Okay,"

For the next half an hour they sat in silence with Mastermind brooding and David had gone to his desk and had grabbed some paper and returned to his chair. Mastermind watched him intently.

After just a tad over 35 minutes of not speaking, Mastermind finally broke the silence.

"I don't trust shrinks,"

David looked up "That's good because I'm not a shrink!"

"Then what are you?"

"I'm a mental coach!"

"That's another word for a therapist "

"I don't see it like that,"

"Another word for a therapist is a shrink."

"Like I said I'm no shrink."

"Right, whatever."

David felt he had had enough for one session.

"Okay I think that's enough for now. How about we start again straight after lunch?"

The look on Mastermind's said it all. He looked deflated.

"Shrinks exploited my situation in my past. Basically told me what happened was my fault."

David smiled on the inside, he got Mastermind to talk without him even realising.

"Let's explore that shall we. If you don't agree with what shrinks said in the past, tell me why you KNOW it wasn't your fault?"

By saying KNOW instead of THINK or FEEL would make Mastermind think that David was on his side which he basically was. He knew it was either make or break at this particular point because if he continued to be closed off there wasn't any way David could help him.

Mastermind sat there staring at David trying to figure out if he of all people could be the only 'shrink' that he could trust.

T.b.c

PRESENT TIME
WEDNESDAY 3RD APRIL 2019
WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

PREVIOUSLY

Having returned to New Zealand after successfully winning back the X-treme title for the third time in his career, Mastermind took a call from his younger brother about his estranged father being in hospital and things looked bad. Mastermind didn't want to know about it.

So the brother rang Maria back, Mastermind's wife and put her in a difficult situation of trying to talk her husband into seeing his father.

And now the continuation:

Mastermind was walking to his car which was on the tarmac, and his wife quickly caught up to him.

"So he rang you?" Mastermind asked staring ahead

"Yes he did," replied Maria honestly "I said I'd try talling to you about it, this is me trying to talk to you about it."

They got to the car in silence where the driver took their things and placed them in the boot. Mastermind and Maria got in the back.

"It'll be good to see the kids," said Maria trying to change the subject quickly

"Indeed it will be," replied Mastermind

The driver got into the front seat and drove to the V.I.P Custom section where they were officially cleared to proceed after returning from overseas.

The driver then drove on in silence towards the Mansion. Maria hated the fact that some members of Mastermind's family can be very upsetting to him and he would usually shut off like he was doing now.

"Did he say how bad it was?" asked Mastermind suddenly from out of the blue whilst looking out of the window.

Maria looked across to her husband "It just sounds not very good,"

"I'm heading to Dunedin to take on Zane Norrison in a non title match in what will be XWF's final New Zealand event. I guess I will have to visit him on the way through."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

Mastermind sat there deep in thought looking out of the window.

T.b.c

CURRENT DAY

EN ROUTE TO ALBANY, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES

The camera fades in to the cabin of Mastermind's private jet as its on its way to Albany, Georgia in the USA for Mastermind to defend his X-treme title against Zane Norrison, in what will be their 2nd match against each other in a month.

The camera shows Mastermind watching a replay of the ending to their first match.

Match Replay Said:The two face each other, Mastermind doesn't know where he is! Zane stands and comes to a kneeling Mastermind, he attempts an enziguri but Mastermind with a burst of energy rolls under Zane's foot and goes to the ropes, Mastermind jumps up to the top turnbuckle and spins, leaping off for a flying clothesline! But Zane ducks! Mastermind rolls to his feet once more, turning and sprinting right into...

DOOMED NATION!!!

Zane covers!

3!!!

He watches it twice more before turning to the camera.

"So Round 2 of Mastermind versud Zane Norrison is this coming Saturday and of all things its a last man standing match. Zane has said he will just keep standing up and coming at me.

"That's good and all that him being a so called 'zombie' can just keep getting up and coming at me the same will be said for me.

"I'm not going to be the one who will stay down, that's not me and that's not in my nature. I don't have to prove myself to you, Zane. I won't lay down for no one and give up. So we will see who will blink first but I'll guarantee you this now, it WON'T be me."

Mastermind goes back to watching the ending of the match. He then looks back into the camera.

"After you won, you inserted yourself in the Fatal Four Way, you had 25 percent chance of making it back to face me, and to be honest, I was choosing anyone else but you, including NAZI, of all people, to face me. But good on you for doing what you did and winning that match. You made me sit up and take notice, not that I wasn't noticing before, but I had to totally focus on you now. I have to take you seriously. Because you want what I value the most at the moment."

Mastermind lifted up the x-treme title belt and showed it to the camera.

"This. You want this! I have it! I won't be giving it up without a massive fight. I failed to stop you in our first meeting, But I won't be making that mistake a second time around."

Mastermind went back to watching the replay. He watched it twice through again before returning to the camera.

"When I won this, I won it at the pay per view after a torrid week in New Zealand when we had our first ever terrorist attack which killed 50 people. It has since risen by 1 to 51, but that showed the fight in me, from an emotional week. You don't feel emotions Zane, because you said it yourself, you are dead. So I'm going to use those emotions that you can't use to make damn sure you are not going to get back one at least once during the match, and that's the very end where I will keep my title heading into the War Games Pay Per View.

"War Games isn't here yet, but I think people will see a lead up to War Games with a war between us on Saturday. No one wants to back down, no one wants to stay down, no one wants to lose, but there will be a loser on Saturday and it isn't going to be me."

Mastermind watched the replay one last time before turning back to the camera again.

"So I've seen where I made the error which I allowed you to win, so it won't happen again on Saturday. So if you want this title," Mastermind holds up the title again "And you are prepared for war, then you best bring everything you got, because I will, and everything you got won't matter because our second meeting will be mine for the taking, and it will be you looking back trying to find what the hell happened, and all it takes is one small period where you won't be able to get back up, and that'll be me winning the match once and for all.

"So come on Zane, let's finish this."

Mastermind goes back to watching the replay, as the camera fades out.

Overall - 60 Wins 102 Losses 8 Technicals 2 Draws 1 No Contest
Comeback Record - 10 Wins 24 Losses 1 Draw
7th Year Record 2023 - 5 Wins 16 Losses
6th Year Record 2022 - 5 Wins 8 Losses 1 Draw
5th Year Record 2020 - 7 Wins 12 Losses 1 No Contest
4th Year Record 2019 - 12 Wins 1 Draw 21 Losses
3rd Year Record 2018 - 6 Wins 2 Losses
2nd Year Record 2015 - 1 Wins 9 Losses 2 Technical
1st Year Record 2014 - 24 Wins 34 Losses 6 Technicals

February 2020 Star of The Month
November 2014 Star Of The Month

Former XWF Thursday Night Anarchy Champion - 2022 - 1 Successful Defence
Former Three Time X-Treme Champion
Former Television Champion - 129 Days (Just the 4th TV Champion to break 100 days, and now 4th on the all time list)
Former Two Time Ark of the Covenant Champion
Lost in the 1st Round of the Woodstock Open - Wrestlestock 2019
Semi Finalist in the XWF King of the Ring 2020

50TH CAREER WIN vs TOMMY WISH - Wednesday Night Warfare - 2ND SEPTEMBER 2020

100TH CAREER LOSS vs BOB D - Weekend Warfare - 12TH AUGUST 2023

150TH MATCH vs HGH
100TH MATCH vs LUX - FOR THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
50TH MATCH vs DUNCAN B DEADLY

HAVE APPEARED IN 21 PAY PER VIEW MATCHES IN XWF HISTORY

Check out my page for victories and losses

UPDATED

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PA...CTILrW/pub

[Image: misfits.png]

[Image: Misfits2.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Mastermind's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-10-2019), Zane Norrison (05-10-2019)