Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
In Living Color
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-15-2019, 07:55 PM Star  In Living Color -->

WORLD 03 - LEVEL 1

We go to Earth, to a small home on a quiet street in California. Inside hidden from the sun we find Gabe Bachgan, founder of the now-defunct Funsoft and creator of Nirva's Sword and our heroes. He's elbow deep in his work, trying hard to work out the mess of coding on his PC; he frantically taps on his keyboard staring at the screen in frustration. Game Girl pops into existence behind him and her quirky smile fades as she looks at the mess in the dark room; it turns to disgust when she lifts her boot from the box beneath her, an old slice of pizza glued to the sole of her shoe. She peels it off with the sound of velcro and tosses it aside, she looks over to Gabe who is oblivious. GG strolls over and bends down, her head beside Gabes as his focuses on his work. Game Girl raises an eyebrow as she tries to make sense of the jargon, she points to the monitor.

[Image: ockNnw7.png?1]
"So is this my world?"

Gabe screams in panic clutching his chest before GG even finishes, he knocks over his chair and backs up in fear before realising who startled him.

"Oh, Game Girl, it's just you."

He puts his hands on his knees as he loudly huffs trying to calm his heart, GG greets him with a neutral gaze.

"Hey, God."

She says with a short wave, Gabe looks to her with a dismissive expression.

"Please don't call me that."

He gives a final exhale and picks his desk chair back up.

"Just Gabe is fine."

"Whatever you say, God."

She says with a kidding smirk, Gabe rolls his eyes.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"This is just a fly in visit, thought we could chat."

Gabe sits back down and offers a seat to mess filled couch, GG looks to it and back with a quick shake of her head.

"What do you need?"

"Well, first thanks for fixing my world."

"Partially, and honestly I wish I didn't bother now." GG looks offended, he stammers "Not like that, I'm so happy you're back but this whole fix is a headache. I'm just stressed is all."

"I get it. Second, any idea why Princess threw me in a dungeon?"

He pauses.

"... I'm sorry what?"

[b] "I said Princess threw me in a dungeon."

"I know, I heard you."

"Then why'd you ask me to clarify?"

"Because I was shocked."

"... Hu-mans are weird."

She mutters to herself.

"Hm, you know I found a few errors in the enemy index. It's possible that Princess saw you as hostile."

"Any explanation how that could have happened?"

"Only two that I can think of, the code was so messed up when I restored the game files so it's highly possible that you just got mixed into a few indexes that you weren't supposed to be in."

". . . I have no idea what you're talking about."

Gabe chuckles and fixes his glasses.

"No seriously, what if your god just started telling you about how it created grass and eyeballs and junk."

"I'm an atheist, actually."

"Semantics! . . . What's the other option?"

"That someone got on my PC and placed your names into the directory. Which is impossible since I'm the only one who has access to the game and my computer and I know I didn't do it."

GG scratches her chin with a concerned sigh.

"So its just a bug?"

"Yeah, I think."

"Okay, so can you fix it? Game Boy's currently serving a life sentence."

"Huh, I was wondering where he was. I didn't want to say anything in case he died again."

GG titls her head in disappointment at Gabe.

"But yeah, I should be able fix it. Wish it was as easy as lifting your names out of the list but it's sadly not, but it will get fixed."

"Neat, thanks Gabe."

"Hey, happy to help."

The two smile at each other.

"Cool, well I'm off to somewhere called O-randlow."

Gabe is puzzled.

"You mean Orlando?"

". . . Maybe?"

"Why you going there? Oh! You going Disney World!?"

"Dis-wha?"

"You're not in trouble over that Wreck-it Ralph movie are you? I knew they were going sue for plagiarism the first moment you showed up here."

"You keep talking but you keep making less and less sense. No, I'm going XWF to bop some girl in the snozz."

She says with pride, Gabe relaxes.

"Oh, you know I talked to someone at XWF actually. Seems... Unique, like you! So hey, perfect match I guess."

"That's sweet."

He smiles.

"I'm gonna shoot, I might be hanging out on Urf for a while bee tee dub. At least until you make Narfinex fun again."

"How is it nor fun?"

"It's a uh story for another time, I wanna check out the competition at XWF first. Later, God!"

GG quickly whispers to herself.

"I said stop calling me."

She vanishes with a whoosh, Gabe pauses and smirks.

"That."

He taps his knuckles on his knee and spins the chair around, going back to his PC.

"Hey Jessalyn!"

"Cool name."

"Uncool personality."

"Y'know, I recently found something out about closure myself. You see when I came to visit Gabe, I wanted to find out why my world was fixed and yet, still broken at the same time. All I got was words I don't understand and the explanation that weird things happen because someone didn't program them properly and they made bugs. . . Not much for a meaning answer. I mean, I dealt realising I was just a character inside a video game because I always thought I was part of something bigger, and I am. Doesn't make me feel little or meaningless when I'm stronger and faster than most humans, doesn't make me feel sad that my sole purpose was to save the world and entertain hu-man beings. In fact, knowing I had a reason made life worth living."

"But to have that reason boiled down to programming sure is a kick in the head."

"But hey, no need to be glum chums. There's always something worth fighting for, in this case a grand prize and a sense of acheivement which is exactly what I'm looking for."

"Now, Jessalyn I don't know you personally, we have never said hello before face to face so I don't know if you're a good person. However, due to a bit of research and, well, having common sense I feel like I have a pretty good grip on your character. First, if you say you and VV (hey VV!) won the tag team championships and you and VV (hey again VV!) lost those titles when it's very clear to everyone looking that VV won those belts and dragged you through a fight, in fact, VV had to work harder just so you wouldn't get her another loss."

"For example against the Job Bers, VV was in a 2 on 1 the entire match and fought really hard and really well before you came in and got yourself pinned easily! And there are several accounts of this! It's ridiculous! You're meant to be a teammate, a friend! And all you do is cause problems and act as a liability. Now, I have a best friend who is an idiot and annoys me to heck, but I admire him and I know I can count on him for anything but if VV were to be asked, is Jessalyn Hart reliable? The answer would be a sad no. VV likes you, loves you maybe but even the admiration and respect she has for you can't hide the fact that you've been nothing but a hindrance for her since the day you tagged together."

"I don't want to be mean here, I really don't, but I've found it better to be honest so people can better themselves. Sure, I could just mindlessly insult my opponent instead of trying to teach them a lesson or just be real with them like you and so many others do here but what does that achieve? Just calling someone a bad word or trying to belittle them doesn't make you appear better, it makes you look silly for not scouting out obvious weaknesses to attack. Heh, the big bad evil bosses don't have big glowing spots for decoration! They're a point to attack, utilise that. Instead, you just make generic, vague quips like 'I don't know her' and 'insert generic video game reference here'."

"What does that achieve?"

"Nothing. It just makes you another face in the crowd. Jessalyn, I have a long history in the XWF (with a longer break lol) if you just searched my name and looked at just one video I've created, you would know just who you're dealing with. You could learn how to attack me and break me, but no. Just like in every match you had with VV you hoped someone else would pick up the slack and do your work, sadly you're on your own now and only you can realise that you have slept through your abysmal career here and learn how to wake up and do things for yourself."

"What do you hope to achieve?"

"Skip round one and get knocked out round two after a poor performance? Because that's what's happening."

"And, it all could have been avoided if you just worked harder. It's sad and disappointing and I truly hope that when we go into our match and you get KOed you'll look back at this experience and learn something from it."

"Good luck, have fun!"

EVERYONE IS SAFE, ALL IS WELL.

WORLD 3 - LEVEL 1 COMPLETE![

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Game Girl's post:
James Raven (03-15-2019)