Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 03:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Why does the XWF only have one reporter?
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-15-2019, 10:29 PM

Firsts. Everyone remembers their first... fill in the blank. Tonight, I will be partaking in my first official XWF interview, conducted by the only reporter employed with the company, Mr. Steven Sayors. Weird but real question, why does the XWF only have one sole, singular reporter? I mean, I know that my father killed Liz Weinberg but seriously, they couldn't hire a replacement? They have a revolving door policy for general managers but the reporters, that's where they have a strict regime regarding who's allowed? It's odd. Just about as odd as Shane being the one that brought my brothers and I, into the XWF. Don't believe me? Check my references. I defy you to say otherwise.

In the meantime, I'll go on and wonder why my father is the reference for Griffin MacAlister, Wylie Sinclair and Decker Hollis. Oh wait. How about whatever happened to the allusive Luca Arzegotti? The dude that I supposedly look like and yet, when I do the effort of researching him, I see that he's some with face tattoos. That's the person that I've been accused of looking like. Right. So apparently having a working brain is a super power in the XWF. I guess that's why they only have one reporter. The over worked and underpaid, Steven Sayors. Who's been busting his ass since the days when Centurion and Cyren were around. Yeah Centurion. The guy who shot promos like they were a diary. Cause that's super entertaining. Steven Sayors was going to interview me tonight. The man who interviewed the likes of Weapon Ashen and Omega. Who the fuck is Omega? Ah well, you don't know your XWF trivia, now do you? Next you're going to ask who's The Hired Sword? Or what the fuck is a Blair Sully? Who the heck is Neptune? Faceless? Krusher? Legion? K Money? The point is that Steven Sayors has been around for a long time and now, he finally gets the honor... nay, the privilege of conducting an interview with me. Yay!

He arrives at my apartment in the classic Steve Sayors tradition. Sweaty and nervous. Fidgeting and anxious. When I shake his hand, I almost expected it to be moist. Still doesn't remove the repulsion when it occurs though. Smile and pretend it didn't happen. Much like what I do, when it comes to half of the shit that goes on in the XWF. What the whole federation does collectively when Peter Gilmour opens his obnoxious trap.

"Steven Sayors. As I live and breathe. I thought you were a myth. The XWF's single, solitary reporter."

My candid words draw a laugh from him.

"No, I'm real."

Stepping aside, I grant him access to my lovely abode. He walks in and I shut the door, following closely behind him.

"May I interest you in a beverage?"

"Water. If you have it. Thanks."

I fetch a bottle of water from the refrigerator and join Steven in the living room. He has already made himself comfortable on the sofa. After I hand him the bottle of water, I drop down into a sitting position in the leather recliner that's stationed across from him. He takes a generous swig from the bottle of water before speaking.

"Sorry, this is the first time that I've gotten around to talking with you, things have been hectic."

"It's fine. So long as you haven't interviewed Ezra and Raph before me."

It's a joke. Sort of.

"No, I haven't interviewed them yet."

"Good."

Big, warm smile.

"So... shall we begin?"

"Yes, of course."

Steven shuffles about and produces a tape recorder. Drawn from his suit jacket's pocket, he places it on the coffee table that dwells between us. A quick tap applied to the button that records and this interview clearly begins.

"Tell me Donovan... why did you join the XWF?"

"Revenge."

A laugh.

"Originally. It was for revenge. My brothers and I were going to destroy our father, live... on national television. Little did we know that we'd wind up reconnecting with him and stay employed anyway. Turns out wrestling is quite addictive."

"Yes it is rather consuming. I've seen it swallow wrestlers alive. First hand. Do you remember We Are Fucking Dawn, Metacarpal Phalanges, Clyde Baker, Kinwrathi or Ricky Raider?"

"No."

"See that's my point."

"Is this a cautionary tale?"

"Would you heed my warning if it were?"

"Probably not."

"Then no, it's not. Anyway, you've got a match coming up against Natia Ngata, tomorrow night. Your first Television Title defense. Are you nervous?"

"No. Not really. While Natia Ngata seems to be a solid competitor, there's something that appears to be holding her back. I watched that promo that she released and she said at best, a full sentence. Not sure she even knew the camera was rolling when it was on her. Seriously, she has the ability to be an awesome wrestler but there's an unknown force that prevents that from occurring, something that keeps holding her back, in the end that will be her downfall."

"You're saying that you know for a fact that you'll be triumphant tomorrow night."

"Absolutely. I won't even need to use my powers either. You see, while Natia Ngata is distracted and wayward in her ways, a loose canon directed at the sky, I am focused, steadfast and certain. I know I'm meant for extraordinary things in this company and I strive to be nothing less than exceptional. Who among the roster can say the same? Rather I should say, who among the roster can say the same and back up that statement? With proof? I came into this company and dominated. Right off the bat. Won a title in my second match. A title that I carried for months, despite the opposition."

"A title that you lost to Robbie Bourbon."

"Yes, well the behemoth got lucky. As Spiderman once said, everyone gets one. The point is that I've been nothing short of amazing."

"And now, you're the Television champion."

"Now, I'm the Television champion. Just like my father before me."

"He was the longest reigning champion."

"That he was. Till I took up the mantle."

"Are you saying that you plan on beating your father's record of 9 months, 18 days?"

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I also plan on facing Thaddeus Duke, with it on the line in a Buried Alive match. Fitting that the sons of both men that faced off for it once, face each other."

"In the prospects of that fight, who do you surmise would be the victor?"

"You want me to say that I'll win, don't you?"

"Only if you believe that claim is the truth."

"Then yes, I'll totally dismantle Thaddeus."

"You really believe that?"

"Of course. Let me ask you this, do you remember the first time that I fought Dolly Waters? She took the win and I told her that I allowed her to have that victory. She's a tiny female, naturally I gave her the benefit of a win. Then she had to gloat and what happened when we met in the ring for the second time? She lost. I knew that was going to go down like that. I told her that's what was going to happen. She mocked me and she lost. I called that outcome. I knew that I would and could, best her in battle. Much like I know Natia Ngata, will fail tomorrow night. The concept is there but there's no real heart backing the movements. Very few wrestlers come equipped with that these days. I need a time machine and go back to 2013 to find that, maybe face off against some actual legends like Scorpio, Unknown Soldier and John Madison. Bucket list type of stuff, I hope to one day face Sid Feder."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Interesting. You're nothing but determined, I'll give you that."

"It is that determination that will see me becoming one of the very best in this industry. Like my father rose to legendary status, I will not disappoint."

"Honestly, I believe you are already well on your way to doing just that. You have a remarkable history already and here you are, a champion. Again. Promising that you will maintain your status. I really don't have any doubt that you will keep your word and in truth, Natia Ngata doesn't seem to have the same drive that you do. In fact, I doubt she has any goal or real direction regarding her ambitions or career, within this company. Her promo is a direct manifestation of that sub-par work ethic and poor attitude."

"Precisely my point. It's almost like you can see her losing right before your very eyes and she hasn't even committed to the task of fighting yet. It's a pity that you're wasting your time talking about this match."

"I get paid by the hour."

"Touché."

"I believe I obtained enough information concerning your upcoming endeavor with the XWF though. Would you be interested in taking part in another interview in the future?"

"Sure, I'd be delighted."

"Excellent."

With that, Steven shuts off his tape recorder and stores it back in his suit jacket pocket, thus concluding the interview.

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Brothers Blackwater's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-16-2019)