Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACK UP YOUR WORK
Darius Xavier Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Throughout the course of the next several hours Shane will be doing some clean up work on some of the files associated with the site. The actual content of the site should all be safe, as none of it is being touched. This is really related to getting junk off the server that hosts our site. But as a precaution we are asking everyone to back up their work off site for the next day or so.

Though honestly given the last week I think it's a good idea to backup your stuff all the time but that's just my suggestion.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Darius Xavier's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-07-2019), drezdin5788 (03-07-2019), El Príncipe (03-07-2019), Game Girl (03-07-2019), Kid Kool (03-07-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (03-08-2019)
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-07-2019, 03:23 PM

I have really gotten into doing everything on Google Docs. You still have to code when you bring it over to the site if you want pretty colors and cheap parlor tricks, but this way you constantly have a backup, including recovery options for previous versions of your promo, should you want to see what you wrote and deleted yesterday. I highly recommend!

Hate Post Like Post
Game Girl Offline
(ง︡'-'︠)ง

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-07-2019, 03:26 PM

100% recommend google docs too.

Wordcounter isn't bad either, counts how many words you use (duh) and autosaves your most recent work.

And of course, if the internet ever fails, notepad is always there if you don't have Word.

[Image: mAmAfiJ.png]

Hate Post Like Post
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-07-2019, 03:37 PM

I still have 95% of my work backed up to my old angelfire!

Hate Post Like Post
Kid Kool Offline
#WarGames [#bPrepared]

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

03-07-2019, 05:28 PM

WordPad, brah, all anyone needs. ^__^

[Image: darren%20gardella.png]

5x HeavyMetalWeight | 1x Federweight | #YourOnlyHope | #HeroOfTheDay | #80s4LIFE
@kool_beanz_123 (on forum) | "I'm 2 cute for this shit." ~ Hunter Payne | W/L -- 3/11 | @kool_beanz_123 (on twitter)
Hate Post Like Post