Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:44 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feedback
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-25-2019, 09:28 PM

If you don't mind. I'm kind of changing my RP style a bit, and just wonder what y'all think.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=32616

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-26-2019, 01:28 AM

The only nack i see was that for me the epalouge was a bit log. If i was you, i would cut it a bit short and some how use the cut off and blend it as you get into the promo. If that made any since.

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-26-2019, 06:37 AM

Yeah dude make it less log.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-26-2019, 06:41 AM

(02-26-2019, 06:37 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: Yeah dude make it less log.

And here I always thought you were a log queen.
Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-26-2019, 07:09 AM

goddamn logs, I swear to log!

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Arthur Grey Offline
Ah. So you are as dumb as you look.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-26-2019, 08:22 AM

I rather enjoyed it. Good story and trash talk was great too. I guess the only thing is not making the speech a different color in the story part but it just might be because that's just a normal thing we all do and when it doesn't happen it's just throws you off but all around it is a well rounded rp.

2/0/1
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 06:06 PM

Wow. You've got the knack.

We'll get the one criticism out of the way first before I thoroughly slob your knob (regrettably with 100% less log). The second paragraph needed some editing. I just really struggled to wrap my head around it. I got what you wanted to say, it just took a bit.

But beyond that, yeah...wow. This was really goddamn good. Like, best thing I've read here good. You're not Universal champion yet because....why? You just nailed that small town feel so hard, I'd bet smart money you grew up in one and if you didn't it's all the more impressive. You even dunked on shitty airport fiction which earns some points for me. Truly inspired writing, and so grounded to boot. It felt like the natural musings of a young small town girl. If this is a change in style for you I recommend running with it.

As for the promo work, it was also very accomplished. Crisp, confident, and biting. I'm a sucker for overarching themes too, so again, bonus points from me.

All in all, very nearly flawless work and some of the best I've read. Well done.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

02-26-2019, 09:31 PM

Thank you all for the feedback.

Arthur, I would say about the coloring of text, I used to waste hella' time coding rps. It was fairly daunting. I figured in a way it doesn't really help with scoring and I could probably convey things better with text after quotes like:

Joey said with a scowl,

That type of thing. In the end it's always been about telling as good a story as possible, but it's something if you look at my previous RPs, I did a lot.

Lux,

The knob slobbery means a lot! This piece was fairly important for me to execute with a bang, so to know it had such an impact on a writer like yourself, well, that really means a lot.

That second paragraph was a struggle for me as well! So much so, I sent it to at least three or four other folks saying "Hey, does this read sensibly to you?" I'm grateful to know you got the overall point there though.

I did grow up in a small town, and I think the overall theme for this series is about recreating what might be an Americana classic instead of centered around the gilded age, or the great depression- centered around more modern themes. I just hope it turns out the way I've been envisioning it.

Thank you again for the kind words!!! Helps me know I'm on the right track here.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-27-2019, 06:05 AM

To clarify on the coding - it has ZERO bearing on scoring.

What I think makes it a good idea in general is simply ease of reading. If you're reading a novel, it's going to be full of a bunch or tags like "Bob said sullenly" or "Debbie repeated" because you have no other way to know who's saying what. Here, we have the option of lessening that burden with color or bold or other means. Anyone who reads something I write knows when they see pink, bold letters, Vinnie Lane is talking.

Yes, it can add a little time to the work... but honestly, not a whole lot unless you really stress over presentation. Some people do. I have, at times, because I'm an OCD kind of person and need things to all fall into the same patterns. It is what it is.

But if you submit an RP with zero coding? No problem. It's not what gets graded.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Lacklan Offline
World's best at making murderhobos cry

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Now that the boards are alive again and I had a chance to actually read this, I really enjoyed it! This offered a nice contrast to the "other" Dolly promos I have read, which were high on trash and mockery, and using the two to balance one another is a strong vehicle for this game. Well done!

Hate Post Like Post