Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: SOTM Nominess
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Donovan Blackwater
18.18%
2 18.18%
Drezdin
27.27%
3 27.27%
Hanari Carnes
18.18%
2 18.18%
Lux
36.36%
4 36.36%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February Star of the Month
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-25-2019, 11:22 AM

Please vote and give a valid reason why you think someone deserves SOTM.

Thank you.

[Image: SAksQ2K.jpeg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-26-2019, 04:55 AM

I'll throw a vote in for Donovan Blackwater, his work seems consistently solid and he scooped up the TV title recently. Good work!

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-26-2019, 03:20 PM

My vote goes to Lux cause he voted for me, so y'know I gotta pay it forward, lol. No, I kid. That's not the real reason. I would vote for Lux, regardless of who he picked. Lux's material is legit amazing, in my opinion and he busted onto the scene and immediately showed his dominance. If anyone deserves to be noted for the impact that they had, it's Lux. Great storytelling mixed with trash talk that's cutting in just the right way. I really think this honor should be presented to him.

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 03:34 PM

The brothers pretty much covered it. Vote for Lux 2019!!!

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 05:07 PM

4 people voted without giving a valid reason ]either these people are stupid or can't read. To the people who voted please give a reason why or your vote will not count.

To the people who have provided a reason, thank you very much. Apparently its a much more difficult task then I imagined.

Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-26-2019, 05:45 PM

GMs add four/five names for people to choose from without adding any reasoning of their own as to why those names are up there. What difference does it make? You've already removed the initiative for people to think, nominate and answer for themselves.

The thread was added a couple of days before the month was even over, with still a show to go.

Drezdin, because why not? He opts in every show and RPs for every match. His work is even getting more relevant. If you're going to list him he at least deserves a vote for his hard work, so he got mine.

Sorry for being stupid.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 05:54 PM

(02-26-2019, 05:45 PM)Dolly Waters Said: GMs add four/five names for people to choose from without adding any reasoning of their own as to why those names are up there. What difference does it make? You've already removed the initiative for people to think, nominate and answer for themselves.

The thread was added a couple of days before the month was even over, with still a show to go.

Drezdin, because why not? He opts in every show and RPs for every match. His work is even getting more relevant. If you're going to list him he at least deserves a vote for his hard work, so he got mine.

Sorry for being stupid.

In their defense there is an "other" category that anyone's name could be written in I presume.

But I don't think you're stupid. Blush

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 06:15 PM

(02-26-2019, 05:45 PM)Dolly Waters Said: GMs add four/five names for people to choose from without adding any reasoning of their own as to why those names are up there. What difference does it make? You've already removed the initiative for people to think, nominate and answer for themselves.

Sorry for being stupid.

Thank you for providing a reason.

As for the thread being added a few days before the show, no one said you must vote as soon as you see the thread. People can wait that's no problem at all, the thread only gets closed a few days before the next SOTM is posted anyway.

As Lux said there is an 'Other' option, so you may vote for who you believe deserves it AND if you give a valid reason others may see that and say 'yes, that person does deserve that.'

However, I believe the reason you're saying that is because you're not an option in this SOTM. I apologize if you take offense to this. The GMs discuss amongst themselves who we think should be added to the poll throughout the month, the reason why we don't add our own reasons is that we don't wish to sway the vote in one way or another. The reason we have the poll is that it was noticed a long time ago that if you just have a blank thread people tend not to vote unless someone speaks up first. With the poll people already have names to look at and see if they actually do deserve SOTM or not; and if they disagree with what we added, which they are welcome to do they can say a name for themselves.

I hope this clears things up.

Hate Post Like Post
Arthur Grey Offline
Ah. So you are as dumb as you look.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 07:12 PM

I'll have to go with Lux, his rps are great and a good worker. For sure Superstar of the month.

2/0/1
Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-26-2019, 07:19 PM

I took offense to you being a GM, calling people (myself included) stupid OOC on a public thread for no real reason.

Especially if the meaning of the thread is to vote and/or provide your reasoning before the end of the month like you said.

I've been in like two matches this month, maybe? Why on earth would I consider myself a top RPer? So thanks for trying to get personal and take this somewhere it didn't need to go.

But also thank you for explaining why y'all've moved to this way doing it- it makes sense now. I just think it takes away from the whole thing. But I understand if it got inactive you all had to do something.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole.

With sincerity,
D

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-26-2019, 07:48 PM

(02-26-2019, 07:19 PM)Dolly Waters Said: I took offense to you being a GM, calling people (myself included) stupid OOC on a public thread for no real reason.

Especially if the meaning of the thread is to vote and/or provide your reasoning before the end of the month like you said.

I've been in like two matches this month, maybe? Why on earth would I consider myself a top RPer? So thanks for trying to get personal and take this somewhere it didn't need to go.

But also thank you for explaining why y'all've moved to this way doing it- it makes sense now. I just think it takes away from the whole thing. But I understand if it got inactive you all had to do something.

Sorry if I came off like an asshole.

With sincerity,
D

I feel you made this personal or you were airing some frustrations, but honestly, it doesn't matter. I'd rather not turn this into an argument where there doesn't need to be one. I apologize too, but understand my frustration when it states at the top to give a reason and people constantly do not. Not singling you out here, it's always multiple different people every single time we post a SOTM thread.

I'd also like to mention the number of matches you or anyone has been in does not matter. Always quality over quantity in our opinion. It's happened in the past where someone has won with a single RP. Just wanted to get that out there for anyone interested.

Hate Post Like Post
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

02-26-2019, 07:54 PM

Yeah no need for anything silly.

I respect all of the work everyone here puts in to keeping the best fed ever going.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month

3x RP Of The Month
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-26-2019, 11:34 PM

i picked hanari because he beat mastermind and ended his reign

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-27-2019, 03:31 AM

Thank you Peter and also thank you to Arthur Grey.

Hate Post Like Post
Arthur Grey Offline
Ah. So you are as dumb as you look.

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-27-2019, 04:04 AM

(02-27-2019, 03:31 AM)Atticus Black Said: Thank you Peter and also thank you to Arthur Grey.

Yeah man my bad. I thought I had made a comment why I voted for Lux but I was wrong lol.

2/0/1
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-27-2019, 06:10 AM

I'd like to weigh in here.

The reason we started adding a list of choices is because over the years the trend I'd noticed was that these threads go up, someone eventually picks a name for some reason, and then every post following that just agrees with the original poster.

This was my idea to give some food for thought for people to mull over. Yes, I knew it could lead to people just picking someone for "no reason," but I think there's no way to fully get rid of that possibility.

In fairness, when we first started putting them up in this fashion we DID offer little blurbs as to why they earned the consideration. We should probably get back to doing so, BUT I don't want to take away from people's own individual opinions. It's part of why I myself never vote... I don't want to tell the fed "this is the guy Vinnie thinks should win" because that would influence too many people.

We want YOU to tell US why they should win.

Sorry for being stupid.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Arnold “Chubby” Fletcher Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2019, 05:34 PM

We will close voting on this sometime this weekend. So vote now!
Hate Post Like Post
El Príncipe Offline
The Golden Prince

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-07-2019, 05:37 PM

Being that I'm new here, I might be a little out of my depth when it comes to voting for this, but hopefully I can weigh in as best I can.

I voted for Lux - seeing what he's done so far, he's an entertaining author with his own engaging story and gimmick, and I look forward to reading his RPs. And seeing his OOC posts as well, he seems like an equally fun guy to boot.

Hate Post Like Post
ErRaTiK Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-08-2019, 01:57 PM

Drezden because he’s my boy
Hate Post Like Post