Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-11-2024, 01:52 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
A Novae Vitae
El Príncipe Offline
The Golden Prince

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-26-2019, 10:58 PM

The numbing feeling of pain again took over my sense as I could feel myself drifting away. Pale light shone from above, beckoning me awake as I could feel myself able to control my hands.

Where am I? How long have I been here?

Bandages covered my face, constricting my face as if it was an anaconda. My body was bruised and aching all over, shouting at me to return to sleep. My mind was trying to make heads and tails of the situation as I blinked myself awake.

Voices interrupted my musing. What sounded like familiar voices, no less. Did I know them?

"...I can't even begin to list the things that could go wrong," a distinct feminine voice said.

"And what would you have me do? Alaska isn't exactly a state known for popping out athletes left and right!" another voice - this one more masculine - quickly fired back.

The two kept arguing, their voices, while still quiet, were steadily beginning to rise. Were they arguing over me? What the hell were they arguing about, anyway? Questions flew around my head a mile a minute, each and every one of them whispering in my mind. Every single one of them was just begging to be asked. I could feel my vision getting blurrier as I was trying to keep track of everything.

"What if he agrees and you two rush into things and he ends up seriously getting injured, possibly killed out there?! You can't just make these kind of decisions in good faith!" the feminine voice piped up.

Injured? KILLED? What the hell? I could feel my body eager to get involved. I attempted to sit myself up, but my muscles, aching and seemingly inactive for plenty a while, refused to cooperate. As I kept attempting to hoist myself up, the two continued arguing.

"Oh come on, you're worrying too much! It's his decision, he's a big boy!"

My body finally started moving on command, as if an old clock was getting dusted off after years of indolence and the gears were turning once again. My body finally started sitting up, slowly but surely...

"You could be getting him KILLED!"

Finally! I was able to sit myself up! I needed to figure out where I was pronto.

"Oh, COME THE FUCK O-"

"Uhhhh..." I said, finally able to chime in. At once, the two stopped arguing, turning their heads slowly towards me with looks of shock painted on their faces. "What's going on? Where am I?"

It was here I got my first real look at the two. The male, rubbing away at his bags, was very clearly exhausted, though from what I'm not sure. He adjusted the tie of his suit, and rubbed his hand through his platinum blonde hair as he slowly sauntered over to the end of the bed. In an instant, it seemed his anger dissipated, chuckling at the situation before as he leaned on the bed, looking me dead in the eye.

"So. You're finally awake. Kept us waiting, huh?" the man said.

I gulped, unsure of what to do or say as the man started pacing around. The woman sat back in her seat, lips pursed and arms crossed, watching the scene unfold.

"Well, first off, hello and welcome back to the real world after your three-week departure. Your helicopter crashed out in the wilderness, and we stumbled across the scene as we saw the crash landing. You were alive - barely - but sadly the pilot wasn't. You've been in a coma after that until, well... now."

My blood ran cold as these facts dug themselves into my brain. Coma? Helicopter? Crash landing? My pilot was dead? What on Earth?

But the man... he looked entirely serious as he continued looking at me dead in the eyes. He saw my puzzled face and chuckled once more, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... given the trauma you went through last time you were up, it'd make sense that you don't exactly remember it instantaneously. Let's get through the pleasantries first." The man stood in front of me again, extending out his arm towards me, expecting a handshake. The woman, following suit, stood up herself and stood next to the man. I slowly grasped his hand, shaking it tenderly as he smiled. "I'm Klaus Alfssen, sports agent extraordinaire who's trying to make a living for himself. Pleasure's all mine."

The woman nodded, beaming brighter than the sun itself as she chimed in. "Hello! Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm Evelyn Tanaka, but you can call me Eve. I moved here from abroad, trying to study and currently on track for my Master's in Occupational Therapy - I'm attempting to become a physical therapist."

She continued smiling at each other as I shook her hand, then I cleared my throat from the sandpaper-y hell it was stuck in as I spoke. "The pleasure's all mine, truly," I answered, smiling under the considerable bandages pressing themselves around me. "My name now. I am-"

My name. My name. MY NAME!? What was it? Who am I? What's my identity?

My mind was now running more rampant, searching through the limited mental files I had, trying to come up with some sort of answer... but nothing was there to alleviate the stress. Klaus' face paled as Eve looked perplexed, scratching her chin. The two traded looks for each other as Klaus looked just as shocked as I felt.

"What the-" he started, visually staggered as Eve cut him off.

"Amnesia, clearly. I have an idea as to what might be going on with him, but we need to get some tests done." Eve said, nodding with certainty etched on her face.

"Y-yeah..." Klaus managed to stammer out as Eve briskly walked out, looking for the doctor.

Klaus took a deep exhale, rubbing his temples and looking even more frazzled than before. I was clutching at my own head, looking for a key to the locked safe that simply wasn't there.

My name was lost. I don't know who I am, what my purpose is, why I was here... I couldn't remember anything. Why? A best friend? A girlfriend, a wife? Perhaps even children? All possibilities in my past life, all gone to the wind now. I was nothing but a blank slate, for better or for worse.

A long moment of silence passed as Klaus looked at me, almost pleading to have some sort of satisfactory answer.
"So... d-do you remember anything? Like, at all?"

I shook my head grimly, the stone-cold truth planted in my brain as I struggled to terms with my identity... or lack thereof. "Not a damn thing."

[Image: 70a0ef157bb6885c1c11b1d997bea85e.png]

The tapping of heels filled the room Klaus, Eve and the mystery man were in. A female doctor, tall, broad-shouldered, well-built and sporting a long, blonde ponytail studied her notepad with a glint in her eyes. Any other place, she could easily be seen as some sort of bodybuilder... but not here, in her lab coat and a particularly giddy look on her face as she looked at the poor site that was the mystery man. He had fallen asleep for a brief while after Evelyn left the room to fetch a doctor, only to be woken up for tests, now, he laid back in bed, almost begging not to hear the grim results that was about to head his way.

"Incredible... she murmured to herself with a thick Russian accent. She flipped through, double-checking everything. "This truly is remarkable..."

"Doctor Sokolov, we appreciate the enthusiasm, but we would like to know what's going o-" Klaus, again, was cut off as Sokolov jumped to the end of the bed, smiling at the mystery man from ear-to-ear.

"Psychogenic amnesia!" she practically yelled at the mystery man as her exuberance could not be contained. "Oh, to think I would get a case as rare as this! I can't wait to publish these findings!"

Klaus gulped nervously, adjusting his tie as he spoke. "Psychogenic... what now?"

Sokolov practically pounced on him, standing next to him with an arm around his shoulder as Eve was struggling to hold back her laughing as she sat nearby. "Psychogenic amnesia! A sudden retrograde episodic memory loss! In layman's terms, he can't remember any sort of personal information. This is astounding! This sort of amnesia is what you'd normally see in the movies, but here it's exceedingly rare. Only a few people in HISTORY have had it!"

"And... what's the cure?" Klaus hesitantly asked.

"...Oh," Sokolov said as she distanced herself from Klaus. "Given it's rare sightings, treatments and cures for this type of amnesia was never fully explored. Often times, patients come to remember things on their own, be it in hours, months, years..."

"YEARS?!" the mystery man gasped out. "You've gotta be kidding me! How the hell am I supposed to figure out myself if I have no idea where to start! You can't even help since you had me tagged as a John Doe!"

Sokolov shrugged. "Well... sadly I am unable to assist there. But, once you can walk and we can start to send you on your way after a brief visit at a rehab center, travel the world! It does plenty good for plenty of people, and if you can retrack your home, perhaps that'll be the refresher your memory needs! Now, I need to run, another patient needs me, but I'll still be here if you have any questions!"

Sokolov quickly rushed out of the room, leaving the man and Klaus staring at each other as Eve finally let out a burst of laughter given how the doctor just acted.

Things were about to become very, very hectic for all three people in the room.

Edit Hate Post Like Post