Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-02-2024, 08:19 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Late Night
John Lewis Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-05-2019, 01:27 AM

You yawn. It's a pretty boring Monday night, early Tuesday morning. 3:18 AM to be exact. However, your tired, but just couldn't seem to fall asleep so here you are in front of your computer, plugging up your earbuds, and placing them in your ears so as not to disturb your parents.

'What shall I watch?' you ask yourself going instantly to youtube and scrolling down the long list of recommended videos. You see a lot of videos from XWF. You always enjoyed watching those. It's a wrestling promotion without an actual TV deal, but they've been around twenty years relying on the internet for the fanbase and you're one of there biggest fans.

Your eyes fall on a screen capture of a man looking intense in what you can only assume is a video shot from a cell phone due to the poor quality. The man you recognize is the newcomer John Lewis. You grin remembering him from last Saturday. Abigail Monroe was going to tap him out, but he got loose. The guy had heart. You gave him that. The funny thing about him. He called out Drezdin in a press conference and he responded by slamming dude down. You've actually shared a couple memes related to the incident.

You scroll a bit more, but after thirty seconds or so you realize there's not to much you haven't seen before. So you set back to get comfortable in your chair and hit the play button.

You were right it is a cell phone video. John Lewis is sitting in a hotel armchair turned away from his computer which is still on a Drezdin promo. Hey you just saw that one. You snicker at how often Drezdin used the word bull shit and rookie, but you also can't help looking into the eyes of John Lewis. He looks sympathetically amused. He wears a pair of Nike basketball shorts and his hair looks a little tossled. You're waiting for him to speak tapping your fingers on the desk, but instead he's laughing a little. 'Is this guy ever going to speak' you ask yourself.

As if he heard you John Lewis straightens up in his chair and he begins to speak. You imagine him speaking directly to Drezdin.

"So, that's the best you've got Drezdin? You're telling the world that I'm a rookie?"

John stops a second to let the rhetoical question sink in

"I think they already know that bud. I want to ask you a few questions though. Tell me who's won a single title in the XWF with only one match? I did. Who's never won a single title in the XWF? You. See, Drez, I've looked up your history. Believe me buddy before Robert and I chose you we looked up your credentials. We saw the obvious giant you are. It's well documented that you're over seven foot tall and close to three hundred and fifty pounds. That's why your claim to fame is being the biggest dog in the yard."

He stops again to take a sip of his drink.

"Now, I know you by know Drezdin. You're going to come back at me telling me how you're going to kick my ass, my soul is doomed, hell will be my new home...etcetra...ecetra...You're also going to point out that yes you have won a title. So, I'm going to nip that in the bud right here. You won the tag team titles with Peter F'n Gilmour. We all know Peter Gilmour is a veteran of the XWF so with your size and his skills he's probably gotten a bad back from carrying you for those two weeks last year."

John and you both grin at his humor.

"Another thing I'm going to address right here and may I remind you it's cause I know you. You're going to tell me that my XWF Heavymetalweight championship isn't a real title that it isn't worth anything. Hey if you notice anything but shiny objects you're going to see that I lost the title tonight and you'll mention that...Here's a bit of food for thought, some chicken soup for the soul perhaps, but...it may be a singles title that's not very desirable, and I may have lost it to VV, but..."

John leans closer to his phone hiccoughing a bit.

"It's more than you've ever won"

With that John's laughing a little is he unsteadily gets to his feet and turns off his phone effectively ending his promo.

You smile 'what a great promo that was' you think about John Lewis who was obviously half lit and you're antsy about Drezdin's reaction. When suddenly you're jolted back to reality.

"It's 3:27 in the morning! You get your little butt to bed!"

"Yes Mom"

You say quickly turning off the computer, removing your earbuds, and preparing for the perp march up the stairs.

[Image: 58Oole5.jpg]
Former 1x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post