Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-28-2024, 03:11 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry for the confusion
Bane Williams Offline
Just That Good

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

(usually cheered; very rarely plays dirty)

06-03-2013, 03:49 PM

I'm not sure if I have just not been able to express my RP's properly, but having read through Neonero's RP I felt I should comment. None of my RP's, so far, have been promotional videos or interviews. They have merely been stories to build the character and give people a sense of who he is.

This has kind of placed me in a predicament where I have to either choose to ignore comments made about me in this RP about a non-existant video package or completely change the whole idea I had and pretend that at 3am in a hotel room, Bane set a camera up, phoned his brother, and then mailed the video to XWF to be aired.

[Image: tbbw.png]
1x 24/7 FTW UFO E1999 Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Shocker Offline
Your Favorite A**hole

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

06-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Some people dont answer their opponents rps directly. A lot of players just do stories about their characters and mighty do a little blurb about their match. I normal do most if not all my rps in a promo style where there is mostly just charactrrs speaking...its easier for me that way for my person schedule. Sometimes people will take vauge instances that involve your character and us e it to help them feed off it.

[Image: banner2.png?t=1375195158]

Reasons I'm Better Then You

2x UFO Champion
Highest Viewed Shove It GM Show: 8/31/13
Hate Post Like Post
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

06-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Hey, don't sweat it man. I have run into this since I've come to the XWF.

KnightMask has essentially, never, ever done a promo. Its really not something that is even really in character for him to do. He actually did one, single promo shortly before he lost his ability to speak. It was directed at Benjamin Crane.

Other than that? No promos. Ever.

Basically, the thing is that we don't really have control over how other players will respond to or interpret our RP's. So, its something to really just role with, I'd say. Again, it happens to KnightMask ALL the time.

I've also had a couple guys refer to the drawings in my signature as something KnightMask drew and use it to bash him, even though, in-game, to me, these drawings don't exist. In the world of the XWF, there are actual photos of KnightMask. In real-life, there aren't any, because he's not real, so thus I had to draw him. People also refer to him as having said this or that, even though the guy is mute.

Bottom-line, we really don't have control over how guys respond to our writing or interpret or perceive our writing. All you can really do is write the way you want to write and either ignore it or role with it somehow.

I don't know if this helps, but I have been there. Probably more than most, given that KnightMask never does promos and I have had no shortage of people interpret my posts as such.

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like KnightMask's post:
Gamegenie (06-03-2013), ShawnHero (06-03-2013)
Gamegenie Offline
The 16-bit Wrestler

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

06-03-2013, 05:29 PM

For my case, they will always aim my weakness in their promo for the fact then english is my second language. In their promo, they can said i'm a , illiterate, they need google translator to understand me better etc. If i have a character that allow me to counter his trash talk, i'll do it. I aim what is obvious and then i strike back. Unfortunately for me, i have a gimmick who prevents me to go on the trash talk. I can only use humor with Gamegenie, it's my only way to win.
Hate Post Like Post
KnightMask Offline
One half of Crimson Knights

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty; many likable qualities)

06-03-2013, 05:38 PM

Google Translate is a pretty weak insult, because it totally breaks the fourth wall.

[Image: index.php?ftpserver=localhost&ftpserverp...oMaker.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Gamegenie Offline
The 16-bit Wrestler

XWF FanBase:
Classic Face

06-03-2013, 05:50 PM

(06-03-2013, 05:38 PM)KnightMask Said: Google Translate is a pretty weak insult, because it totally breaks the fourth wall.

The funny thing is i can feed off of it and make my come back even more stronger lol.
Hate Post Like Post
Neonero

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-04-2013, 01:31 AM

It's happened to me too, more than once. It's pretty easy to work around. For instance, I once had a flashback dream sequence involving (Nero?) as a child, that was underlying character development and not 'promo' referred to as a metaphor for something, which completely missed the point and also referred to something which wasn't meant for consumption. And so I simply played it off as the other character was dreaming about Nero and little boys, et voila easy to turn on its head.

Nero's a sneaky bastard, was he spying on Bane long in advance? Did he tap into his voicemail? Did he imagine the whole thing after reading Bane's bio just to be inane (since Bane hasnt promoed yet, and this wasnt on air in the XWF realm, who's to say he didn't just pluck it from the air)? Those are 3 ideas off the top of my head. There are very few situations you can't work with.
Hate Post Like Post