Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 11:39 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
No rest for the wicked:Part Two
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2018, 08:57 PM

Before I headed to my office, I went and got some breakfast. Nothing beats Eggs and bacon with nice fluffy pancakes and of course coffee. I was full to the max after that but I was feeling great. Over the years I've learned if I don't get good sleep, eat a nice big breakfast and it will give you the energy to get through the day. I lit up a cigarette as I drove to HQ. Many things were running through my mind while on the drive. Someone had killed a vampire, who didn't have any marks of who he belonged too, that in itself was not good. If this vampire was a rogue, then that meant some other master vampire was going around siring humans and that could mean trouble for Lady Serars and I. Every since she had taken over as Master of the city things had been calm, she had brought a stop to the slaying of humans. The old Master of the city didn't care and hated humans. She'd let her own kill them at will. That's when I came in and dealt with it. Lady Serars was the one to help me get the job done and because the old master was dead, she took over and made sure all was good. I had told her if she repeated what had happen. I'd kill her too, she had kept her word and all was good but now. We could have someone coming to dethrone her. I didn't need that. She was good for the city and protected it. I couldn't trust any other blood sucker, so she had to stay in power.

I had reached my office and looked at the time. It was 8:30. By now some of my crew would be there. The building was two stories, my office was on the second floor and on the first was a small law firm. There weren't many marshals that dealt with supernatural crimes, in fact all of the U.S. Marshals that handled such crimes are former vampire hunters. I too was one, but the Uncle Sam wasn't getting off his ass and training more, us hunters were a test to see if we could get the job done, so we really didn't have a budget. Everything I used to kill vampires and such was paid for out of my own pocket. I didn't mind, I had been doing ever since I became a slayer. My father was one and his father was one. It was the family business. I was just glad that I got Marshal status, that meant I could cross state lines to chase down a monster if need be and I could go to any crime scene just by flashing my badge. So I'll give a point to Uncle Sam for that but we really needed more people, I can't be everywhere at once.

I opened the door to my office, and didn't see anyone but Mary. She was in her late twenty's and just so happened to be a werewolf. Her job was to do research when I didn't have the time or when I needed help. No one knew she was a lycan, no one but me. I didn't know when I hired her, she had kept a secret. Which I could understand. It was illegal to discriminate someone who was a lycan but people find out how to fire them. I thought that was some bullshit. It wasn't her fault she was attacked by a werewolf and turned into one on the full moon. I had found out when I went to visit the local pack to get some info for a case and sure enough I ran into her there. I remember seeing her face go pale with fear. We had a talk. I wasn't pissed she was lycan, I was pissed she didn't tell me but again. I understood why she kept it on the down low but I told her I wouldn't tell anyone and she could still work for me.

"Good morning Holliday."

"Good morning Mary."

"I see we have another case. Someone killed a vampire?"

"Yeah, drained them of their blood."

"Really? That doesn't sound like a good way to die."

"I'm with you on that but now we have to find out who did it and bring them in."

"Any idea where you want me to start?"

"Yes, I do. I need you to get info on the anti-vampire group known as Human's First. I know they have had run in with vampires. I want everything you can find on them before I go and have a chat."

"You got it boss." She said, I smiled and nodded at her before I started walking to my desk.

"Oh before I forget. Sergeant Bradshaw left you a message. He said to call him as soon as you got in."

"Ah, alright. Thanks."

"No problem"

I went to my desk and sat down in my chair and leaned back and sighed. I really wished I had gotten more sleep but it is what it is. I picked up the phone and called Sergeant Bradshaw. The phone rang a few time before he picked up.

"This is Sergeant Bradshaw."

"It's Holliday. Mary said you wanted me to call. What's up?"

"Ah, there you are. I need you to come down and check out the body. The doc found some sort of mark on the vic. I've never seen it before. I don't know vampire shit."

"Yeah, that's true. Good for you that I do. I'll be right there."

"Grand. I'll be out front waiting.'

"See you soon." I said before hanging up the phone. Maybe this vampire wasn't a rogue after all. I wouldn't know til the saw what the mark looked like. Hopefully I could tell what clan he came from. I told Mary I would be back and to call me when she got any info on Human's First, just in case I wasn't back by the time she did. I got into my car and drove to meet up with Sergeant Bradshaw. I think I need more coffee. I better stop and get some and I'm sure the sergeant wouldn't mind another cup either. Coffee and cigarettes. That's what kept me going. Gifts from the Gods.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like John Holliday's post:
(08-17-2018), Darius Xavier (08-18-2018)