Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:08 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just curious
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-17-2018, 02:21 PM

Outta curiosity, how well do y'all know your wrestling?

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-17-2018, 02:49 PM

What is this wrestling that you speak of?

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2018, 06:35 PM

I know all the wrestling.

Yeah, but no. I used to watch it, but stopped years back when it just started to feel like repetitve trash. I love wrestling when it's carny and over the top as hell, but (American mainstream wrestling anyway) just feels too sterile now.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2018, 07:00 PM

I love wrestling, really, but I don’t watch much of it these days. I don’t care much for the WWE style, and that’s not bandwagon jumping, I never really did. I liked NWA and WCW. Even enjoyed it for the last few years of its existence when it “sucked”.

I followed TNA for a while. I used to think it was pretty good, but everything went to hell there’s around Hogan coming in. These days I catch the bigger NJPW shows. That’s about it.
Hate Post Like Post
Damon Tyler Offline
Pittsburgh's Prodigal Son

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-17-2018, 10:44 PM

Fair amount I guess haha?

These days I mainly watch NJPW and NXT, love WCW and ECW and have a soft spot for Ruthless Aggression WWE as well as TNA from 2004-2008. Also love DDT. Fucking love that shit.

[Image: Image1.jpg]
"Pittsburgh's Prodigal Son" Damon Tyler
Win Loss Record - 6 | 0 | 0

ACCOLADES
1 x XWF Television Champion (Current - Won 8/18/18)

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-17-2018, 10:56 PM

I'm pretty good

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-17-2018, 11:23 PM

I only watch WWE when The Undertaker is on. Other than that. I don't watch wrestling anymore.
Hate Post Like Post
Dillinger D'Marco Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-18-2018, 12:07 AM

I don't watch wrestling anymore, lol. I don't even watch Glow on Netflix Tongue

Um... when I did watch wrestling, I only watched WWE mainly for certain characters because the matches and said outcomes to those matches, were usually pretty annoying. Same thing goes for TNA. Although, I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan, so when Billy Corgan took up with them, that kind of pushed them above WWE in my book. Momentarily, lol. If I wanted to actually enjoy the match for what it was, I watched NJPW. I also really liked Lucha Underground, especially the part where they let the females partake in regular matches, unlike any other televised wrestling company in the US.

[Image: rcCvKEh.png]
Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-18-2018, 09:39 AM

I am asking y'all that because one, I didn't know how to bring this up when even though I saw this incident/ ordeal a week ago on YouTube on tv, two despite that the incident/ ordeal happened a long time ago, & three, have y'all ever heard of the Courtney rush vs sexy star incident/ ordeal that happened?

Hate Post Like Post
Damon Tyler Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-18-2018, 09:46 AM

(08-18-2018, 09:39 AM)drezdin5788 Said: I am asking y'all that because one, I didn't know how to bring this up when even though I saw this incident/ ordeal a week ago on YouTube on tv, two despite that the incident/ ordeal happened a long time ago, & three, have y'all ever heard of the Courtney rush vs sexy star incident/ ordeal that happened?

I have, what about it?

ACCOLADES

Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-18-2018, 09:59 AM

(08-18-2018, 09:46 AM)Damon Tyler Said:
(08-18-2018, 09:39 AM)drezdin5788 Said: I am asking y'all that because one, I didn't know how to bring this up when even though I saw this incident/ ordeal a week ago on YouTube on tv, two despite that the incident/ ordeal happened a long time ago, & three, have y'all ever heard of the Courtney rush vs sexy star incident/ ordeal that happened?

I have, what about it?
What do you know of it?

Hate Post Like Post
Damon Tyler Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

08-18-2018, 10:21 AM

Don't quote me fully on this, but as far as I remember there was a match in AAA back in 2017 which involved both Courtney Rush/Rosemary as well as Sexy Star in Mexico that ended with Sexy Star winning after putting Rosemary in an armbar, dislocating her shoulder in the process.

There was a lot of discussion and debate whether not it was an accident or a legitimate shoot but people quickly leaned towards a shoot given that this incident as well as the Taya Valkyrie/Sexy Star incident happened way too close to each other. Cody Rhodes and Road Dogg if I remember made comments saying that Sexy Star should be blacklisted from any promotion and on top of that will never be welcome in a locker room they're in and just like that the entire IWC who loved Sexy Star and her work in Lucha Underground up to that point turned on her faster than Vince McMahon turned on Zack Ryder's push in 2012. Sexy Star's reputation as a wrestler was completely damaged then, the blacklisting came into effect (and for good reason I believe, never okay to legitimately harm people in a match on purpose) and she hasn't surfaced in any major promotions ever since.

At least, that's what I remember.

ACCOLADES

Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-18-2018, 12:06 PM

Shoulder? Oh shit! I heard that it was the elbow. I was going to play devils advocate about it, but how you said it........Ima thinking that I won't play devils advocate

Hate Post Like Post
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

08-18-2018, 03:28 PM

But what about the fact that guys like Bradhsaw, Hardcore Holly and others hurt guys on purpose? They get away with it and sometimes are even rewarded.... while she does the same and it's like, 'it shouldnt be done'. Clearly it should only be done by men that have privilege and political power. >_<

[Image: Dahvie-vanity-botdf-crew-31823997_zpsgzuqvwx0.gif]

iAm fluid... my gender, my sexuality, my personality...
as fluid as the drops of water pouring down upon us from the heavens above

Former 24/7 Xtreme Champion [x1]
Born: 10.31.89 -- Died: 09.13.13 | ReBorn: 08.11.2014 | #emoHero | #BROKEN

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post
Damon Tyler Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

08-18-2018, 07:57 PM

Yeah Drezdin was the whole arm she went for.

To answer your question Rain about Bradshaw and Hardcore Holly, (and I'm not trying to defend anybody at all here, just being unbias in regards to the time era) in that particular era of wrestling (late 90's-early 00's), there was a kayfabe backstage ideology that some of the veterans could work a bit "stiffer" with the new wrestlers coming in. Not go out of the way to deliberately hurt like them Sexy Star did, but just act a bit "stiffer" as a way of "gearing a rookie up" and giving them a "lesson of humility" now they arrived in the big time.

Not that I'm defending anyone by the way, but that was the locker room mentality of the time although that has changed considerably since then with "stiffing" and "sandbagging" being definitely frowned upon. Also keep in mind that the IWC was nowhere near as big 15 years ago as it is now. If Hardcore Holly and Bradshaw were around now these days with a much larger IWC, and they tried pulling that shit I can guarantee that they will get the same response that Sexy Star did, although yet again, they never intentionally tried to hurt anybody (again not defending them) which is different to someone deliberately dislocating someone's shoulder and elbow in an armbar on purpose.

ACCOLADES

Hate Post Like Post