Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:01 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Unexpected signs are often ignored, even though they are received (rp2)
Abigail Monroe Offline
Empress of the deep, queen of the tides

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-17-2018, 05:12 AM

"That certainly was unexpected."

Donovan stated, slightly out of breath as he looked over at Abigail, lying next to him in his bed. A simple, black sheet covering the two, clearly naked forms. Only a matter of moments, separated the departure of his brothers from his apartment and Abigail's arrival. Which brought an unanticipated rainstorm with it. Abigail showed up soaked. She had wanted to surprise him, since she happened to be in the neighborhood and mother nature chose to mark the occasion. Naturally Abigail needed to get out of her wet clothes. However, somehow in that process, dry garments were never located. There were far more entertaining prospects to be had without them.

"Well, I was in the neighborhood when you called me and after I hung up with you, I decided to be impulsive."

She was half telling the truth. Yes, Abigail did decide to be impulsive but she wasn't anywhere near Donovan's neighborhood, when that happened. The storm provided a good cover though. She was able to shift into water and travel there, within the matter of seconds. Reforming into a solid, human girl inside the bathroom of a nearby fast food restaurant, Abigail was happy that she learned how to manifest clothes, along with her when that happened. She was even happier when the fruits of her labors were rewarded with Donovan being home and inherently, pleased to see her.

"It was a good call. An extremely, good call."

Laying there, next to Abigail, Donovan felt content. Comfortable. Better than he had felt in days. But most of all, he was filled with an undeniable sensation of being complete. Yet with this came an overwhelming, tidal wave of incredible guilt. While in this moment, all was well and good, tomorrow would produce, quite a different product. For tomorrow, Donovan was slated to betray the woman that he was rapidly falling in love with, thus losing her trust, respect and ultimately, her... forever. Twas the consequence for the betrayer. This, right here, had to be a sign. An indication that maybe he shouldn't stick to his brother's plan. That maybe there was another way. Though, it also could be the universe, simply allowing Donovan one, last moment of bliss before Abigail, was gone from his life. For good. Retrieving a cigarette from the pack on the night stand, he fired it up and decided to get out of his head. It was too late for him to do anything except stay the course anyway, why did he have to make himself nuts about it too?

"So I thought you hung up your plumber's hat."

"My plumber's hat?"

"Yeah, you know, the hat you wear, when you're out working on plumbing. I'm picturing... something in the form of a baseball hat, but made out of metal, with a faucet attached to the front of it. Maybe there's a drain and a wrench, somewhere on it too. Possibly a piece of a pipe and a handle that can turn, for no apparent reason. Ooo... and a random slip nut, because why not?"

A long drag from his cigarette as he looked up at the ceiling. Donovan wished that he was smoking a blunt, instead of a cigarette, then he could avoid thinking and he'd also be high. Double plus, right there.

"I just meant that I thought you gave up plumbing, to solely focus on wrestling."

"I did."

"Oh. When you said that you were in the neighborhood, I figured that it had to do with plumbing stuff. Why were you in my neighborhood then, I live so far from you."

"Not that far."

"It's at least a fortnight's journey, between our apartments."

"Really? You think that it takes two weeks to travel from my place to yours and vice versa?"

"Two weeks?"

"Yeah, that's what a fortnight means."

"Shit. I retract that estimation then. It takes at least, two fortnights to make the expedition. One way."

"Two fortnights? So round trip means that your gone for a month?"

"Yeah. The last time that I embarked on the epic odyssey, I ran into Samwise Gamgee, found the 'one ring to rule them all' and my job put out a missing person alert... and an amber alert, just in case."

"Just in case, what?"

"I developed a Curious Case of Benjamin Button, turned into Brad Pitt and started regressing in age. They have to exhaust all the possibilities when I go AWOL cause I'm that vital to their operations. Terrible things could happen when I'm away for too long. Terrible. Things. I'm basically like Superman. The world depends on me. "

"I bet."

Exhaling a cloud of smoke, Donovan softly snickered.

"So should I not ask what you were doing in my neighborhood? Was it some sort of secret mission and you could tell me all about it but then, you'd have to kill me because I knew too much, and the good of mankind was fated upon that secret mission, staying secret? Good call if that's the case. I would not even try to hold anything back, in the face of being tortured for information. I'd cave faster than a house of cards, in front of a fan. I'd get sat down and the guy in charge of torturing people, would have barely started setting up his torture devices and I'd just hand him a prewritten list and say - There you go. No need to break out the nipple clamps and battery. It's all there, buddy. Have at it. But then he'd still do it anyway. You know, for fun. It's cool though, when it's for fun, it's okay. Torture, not so much."

Abigail couldn't hold it back, she busted out laughing. Though truthfully, she didn't even try.

"It never ceases to amaze me when you do that."

"Do what?"

"Say crazy stuff like that with a straight face."

"Oh, right. That's what I'm doing. Certainly not bearing my darkest, innermost secrets. No. I'm just talking nonsense."

Donovan's eyes shifted briefly over to Abigail as a grin slid into place on his face.

"You're silly."

"And you're incredibly fucking sexy."

His words made her smile as she looked away and covered her face with her hand. Abigail was utterly smitten with this man. He was curious why she was in his neighborhood and though he shrouded his curiosity in jokes, Abigail wanted to tell him something. Anything. Even if she couldn't tell him the truth. How could she though? He would never believe her. Most likely he'd think she was joking or worse, he'd think her mad.

"To answer your question, you were right, it was a plumbing thing. It just wasn't my plumbing thing. I had to drop some pipes off for my brothers."

A lie but at least it beat trying to explain the truth. It also gave him some sort of answer, rather than leaving his roused curiosity starved, without fulfillment.

"I see. Lucky me then. I called at the right moment."

"Yeah, you did."

"So are you ready to take Damon Tyler on, this Saturday or did I screw everything up by fucking you?"

"Why would that screw everything up?"

"I don't know. I thought that was a thing people believed. Before a big game or a fight, you can't get laid cause it throws the universe off or something and makes you lose. I'm asking cause then I'll know which way to throw my money, when I place the bet later. You know, when you're gone and it's safe to bet against you."

"You would bet against me?"

"Awwww... yeah. But only when I thought you were going to lose, sweetness."

"You're lucky that you're pretty."

"I know. I remind myself that every morning, when I look into the mirror."

Whop!

Abigail smacked Donovan in the face with a pillow, sparking instant laughter. From her. Not him. However, his expression held a definite look of amusement.

"Have we reached the domestic abuse stage of our relationship, already?"

"Hello there, Damon Tyler. I'm merely recording this to say, I can't wait for our match on Saturday. I keep thinking about all the things that I'm going to do to you and how you'll react when they're happening. I imagine the first time that you get blasted with water out of nowhere, you'll be shocked. Confused. Yet, you'll tell yourself, that it's just a coincidence. There's no way I could have made that happen to you. Someone must be fucking with you. Even though it will be very obvious that it came from me, you'll convince yourself otherwise and come up with all sorts of explanations to ease your already troubled mind. Some of which, won't make any sense but will be a million times better than realizing that you're in the ring with a woman, who can control and manipulate water at her will. Then you'll get blasted several more times and maybe even hit, with a giant, floating orb of pure water. You'll attempt to rip me limb, from limb and your hands will pass right through me, when my body shifts into water. Only for me to reform behind you and totally blast you across the ring. Again. Hopefully by then, you'll realize the dire situation that you're in. That you're not simply facing a mere mortal woman that you can push around. No sir. You've gotten yourself into a fight with a water elemental. Which basically means, that you're fucked. And not in the good way."

"I wonder what the voices will say then?"

[Image: soGNxeD.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Abigail Monroe's post:
Darius Xavier (08-18-2018), drezdin5788 (08-17-2018)