Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-16-2024, 10:52 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange glitches
Nathaniel Idenhaus Offline
Not a Nazi

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-12-2018, 12:10 AM

Lately, when I've been navigating the boards, occasionally a white screen pops up. It has a bunch of links to things on the board, all lined up in a row, on the left side of the screen and to get things back to normal, I have to hit the back button and go back to the previous screen and reclick what I was attempting to do. The annoying part is that this can happen when I'm posting or editing an rp too. Luckily hitting the back button fixes this issue as well. With the exception, that in the case of posting an rp it brings back the loading screen but then, things usually run their normal course, after that. Also, I've tried to fix this problem by simply reloading the page, but that only brings back the weird white screen.

Another issue I've run into when I'm navigating the boards, I'll occasionally get this message

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to log out, please click the Log Out button at the top menu.

This will pop up when I am doing anything but log out. I could be clicking on an rp, a pm, the main XWF logo to take me from the portal page to the main index screen, a random post, etc.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share this, in case anyone else experienced this stuff.

Oh and I can't seem to be able to search for past rps (via the search feature or going to someone's profile page and actually clicking the link that should automatically bring up a list of their work), which sucks because when I'm facing someone and I want to do a bit of research before writing anything geared towards them, I literally can't unless I go through the effort of combing through the rp boards. Has anyone else experienced this?

[Image: VADiENp.jpg]
[Image: CbviDqC.png]
Current Hart Champion
1x X-Treme Champion
1x Television Champion
1x SOTM November 2013
Edit Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-12-2018, 07:56 AM

It's fine at my end.

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
Rain Offline
The Queen of Queer

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

08-12-2018, 05:34 PM

(08-12-2018, 12:10 AM)N.A.Z.I Said: Lately, when I've been navigating the boards, occasionally a white screen pops up. It has a bunch of links to things on the board, all lined up in a row, on the left side of the screen and to get things back to normal, I have to hit the back button and go back to the previous screen and reclick what I was attempting to do. The annoying part is that this can happen when I'm posting or editing an rp too. Luckily hitting the back button fixes this issue as well. With the exception, that in the case of posting an rp it brings back the loading screen but then, things usually run their normal course, after that. Also, I've tried to fix this problem by simply reloading the page, but that only brings back the weird white screen. Oh and I can't seem to be able to search for past rps (via the search feature or going to someone's profile page and actually clicking the link that should automatically bring up a list of their work), which sucks because when I'm facing someone and I want to do a bit of research before writing anything geared towards them, I literally can't unless I go through the effort of combing through the rp boards. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've been pm'ing and he seems to not understand what I meant about this. I wanted to search my profile to see who had last liked one of my posts, and it just displayed the search error that NAZI mentioned. Any chance this could be worked out? Huh

[Image: Dahvie-vanity-botdf-crew-31823997_zpsgzuqvwx0.gif]

iAm fluid... my gender, my sexuality, my personality...
as fluid as the drops of water pouring down upon us from the heavens above

Former 24/7 Xtreme Champion [x1]
Born: 10.31.89 -- Died: 09.13.13 | ReBorn: 08.11.2014 | #emoHero | #BROKEN

@the_rain_storm (on forum) | @the_rain_storm (on twitter) | FaceSpace | The YouTubezz
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2018, 06:40 PM

I get the white background one a lot.

Also, I was told by Vinnie that the function of being able to search for who liked your posts is probably forever fubar. A lot of search stuff in general is gone now.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Not a Nazi

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Well, in my case, I want to merely do research on opponents when I have them. FYI this isn't my only character, lol. So even if Nazi hasn't been booked. Someone I control has been, which is why I bring this up. I wanted to look material up and I couldn't do it. I had to go to the Warfare rp board and ctrl f that shit. Then I only found one rp. I didn't want to keep doing that, so I said fuck it and improvised my trash talk. I really prefer doing my research though. It helps me to get a better sense of my opponent and supplies me with information. Sure. I guess I could just read every single rp when they go up but really as amazing as it would be, to be able to do that, then I would probably only be doing that and never rping cause realistically, I couldn't do both. Also, what if I wanted to quote something amusing that I seen in an rp? What if it was from an rp I read from a couple matches ago? Or what if my opponent is someone that hasn't rp'd in a while? I'd have to go combing through stuff instead of simply doing a search or go to their profile page in order to click the link that brings up a list of their work. It's a little odd that this feature is disabled since it's quite useful in the long run. Does incorporating a simple search feature, really mess things up that drastically, that it has to be disabled? I'm honestly asking cause I know exactly zero about this stuff and maybe having it work is a problem that would cause even worse problems to occur. Idk. I just found it peculiar so I thought I'd ask. Knowledge is power and all that fun stuff, lol.

Current Hart Champion
1x X-Treme Champion
1x Television Champion
1x SOTM November 2013
Hate Post Like Post
Azrael Erebus Offline
NovaStar

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to log out, please click the Log Out button at the top menu.

I got this 3 times in the span of less than 2 minutes. Once when I hit send on a pm and twice in a row, when I clicked this link to mention the first instance. What the heck is going on? I probably should have been more discreet but now, I am really curious if this is happening to anyone else.

[Image: ybmVXWb.jpg]

2x Universal Champion (First reign was less than a day though, lol. Due to Sebastian Duke cashing in his briefcase.)
2x Tag Team Champion
3x Triple Tag Team Champion
1x Television Champion
2x US Champion (Title retired during my second reign as champ.)
2x X-Treme Champion
1x Bombshell Champion
2x HMW Champion
2x SOTM
Hate Post Like Post
Arnold “Chubby” Fletcher Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-12-2018, 09:36 PM

The problems that you guys are listing are in fact site wide. From what I understand, the cause is from where we are running a very old version of our forums. Shane has avoided upgrading for years now because if/when he does, we will lose a lot of advanced features that we currently use. Unfortunately we are at a point where Shane is pretty much being forced to upgrade and from my understanding he plans to do so sometime around the end of the month. When he does we should end up with a forum that overall runs better and more stable, but we will be missing some features. What those features are exactly, I’m not sure.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

08-13-2018, 07:31 AM

They are site wide.

Nobody's "permissions" or anything like that have anything to do with it. I have more permissions than anyone except Shane and even I can't search posts, etc. As far as I know it is being looked at, but... well, you know.

Hate Post Like Post
Not a Nazi

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

08-13-2018, 11:40 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, I was starting to wonder if it was only me that was experiencing this stuff, since no one really brought it out into the open before I mentioned it.

Current Hart Champion
1x X-Treme Champion
1x Television Champion
1x SOTM November 2013
Hate Post Like Post