Current XWF board time: 08-20-2018, 01:55 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Imagination
08-06-2018, 11:55 PM
We all have it. Please share what drives you to write, what gives you, your inspiration to create stories.

[Image: gJ1Wjd0.jpg]
Edit this post
Hate Post Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Do you mean as far as doing this?

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
08-07-2018, 10:38 AM
Lately, I don't have any inspiration to write. I just opt-in when I'm feeling inspired, and sometimes it can just be a song that does it, could be a movie. Could just come after I take a shit, just, inspiration appears out of anything I do. Then it'll quickly leave when I decide to write, sometimes. It's like "Here's what you need to write. You opted-in, right? FUCK YOUR SHIT, ALL THAT INSPIRATION IS GONE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAAA!"

[Image: Vn6ynTV.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Ghost Tank's post:
Azrael Erebus (08-07-2018), Rain (08-08-2018)
08-08-2018, 06:36 AM
I understand how that goes. However, when I write, there are times when I'll have the inspiration and the story but I can't come up with the right words. Since I always try to have a certain flow or style to my rps. I won't ever simply write - Azrael walks into a room and sits down on a chair, and leave it at that. It has to carry a certain tone, if that makes sense. Almost like poetry in a way.

As for what drives my story creation. I'll say first and foremost, I'm a huge fan of sci-fi and horror. Books, tv shows and movies, pertaining to either category, will usually catch my eye quicker than any other genre. I'm also an avid comic book enthusiast. Yes, this transfers over into television and movies, if it has anything to do with comics, I've probably watched it. Anyway, just a quick skim of some of my rps, will reveal a heavy influence from all of these categories. Though I also add a bit of comedy to my material as well. While I never directly take an idea from something else, I am incredibly inspired by the things that I read and watch.

[Image: gJ1Wjd0.jpg]
08-08-2018, 10:28 AM
For me xwf, what ever come from mine, what see out there

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
08-10-2018, 03:49 PM
I never run out of ideas. Like, ever. I don't know where most of my ideas specifically come from, but it's probably some pop culture pastiche of things I try to put my own spin on. For Engy in his present incarnation, it involves a lot of shlock horror concepts and Lovecraftian themes, at least with respect to his backstory.

Personally, I'm always interested in hearing how people's characters evolved, especially in the case of really prolific characters that they've played for years. When I first started playing Madison about 10 years ago, she was more of a generic psycho chick and honestly pretty shitty. Then, about 8 years ago I started remolding her into this trollish character that just got off on pissing people off. She became a legit Nazi around that time. However, the political climate, with the GOP getting further and further unraveled in real life, gave me the inspiration to turn her into a Republican.

My initial concept for Engy was that he was going to be this suave efficient killer and The Engineer was his underworld moniker. Lol, yeah, that underwent some revisions....

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

08-12-2018, 08:09 AM
When it comes to idea brewing, I get inspired by watching various TV shows and reading various novels (in particular those by Stephen King and Chuck Palahniuk). From there when it then comes to the page, I try to think of my character's state of mind, and how they would think, get into their real psychological demeanor, then from there I just start writing I guess haha.

[Image: Image1.jpg]
"Pittsburgh's Prodigal Son" Damon Tyler
Win Loss Record - 4 | 0 | 0

ACCOLADES
1 x XWF Television Champion (Current - Won 8/18/18)

08-13-2018, 01:46 PM
I created Nathaniel Adolph Zachary Idenhaus, back in the beginning of 2013. The idea was to simply humanize someone with a strong belief system, that a large majority of the public would strongly oppose or disagree with. A character that would be hated and loathed for what they said and believed. I wanted to shine an in depth look at a vile, hate filled monster and give that character a full three dimensional story. I chose specifically a nazi because a lot of the times, more often in films, not in all but some, you don't really get to see a side of that character that makes them seem normal or like anyone else. The side that shows that this person might be a nazi but they still deal with the world just like anyone else might. The idea behind this was to make the reader essentially root for the guy that's supposed to be the villain. To give the reader that awkward moment, when they realize that they might like a nazi. Not for only the humor aspect or how well I wrote him as being a monster but because he was also relatable in some ways.

The whole next Führer bit, seemed to just make sense. Most of the time in movies, nazis are portrayed as people who blindly followed the teachings of Hitler and left it at that. I wanted to change that up a tad and create a man who sat there and actually thought it all out. Weighed out the options and studied what went wrong, while also adhering to the concept that he still agreed that going the nazi way, was the right way to go about things. That's where I came up with the idea that if he could do that, if he could find fault in what went wrong and still cling to the concept that overall it was the right way to go about things, obviously the only solution was that he would have to take up the mantle, so to speak. He would have to shoot for those white power stars and aim to be the next Führer.

I'll put research into my writing too. So there is some definite work behind writing as Nathaniel. Not all the time but when I want to have him talk about his past and heritage, or go really in depth into his belief system. It can involve some real research into nazis. Which is why I won't simply have him align with another character, just because they claim white power. There are clear differences in the belief structure that backs the nazi party, from say the KKK. On the outside sure, they're both racists but when you dive deeper, there are fundamental elements to the belief structure that the nazis held that would separate them from other radical movements, such as the KKK. So that's why I'll have Nathaniel be somewhat picky about who he aligns himself with. Now at the same time, sometimes I might go against that and have Nathaniel do something that totally opposes what his beliefs seem to be. However, I've always made sure to incorporate reasoning along with that, he's always had a justification behind his actions. There's always some motive fueling him. I truly feel that this all adds to making him a believable character. The contradiction occasionally brings a sense of balance. If that makes sense, lol. For instance, he's a hardcore separatist but works in a hospital and is a surgeon. He might have to do surgery on someone that he would otherwise want to kill. Yet his need to excel at being a surgeon keeps him in check. It is this kind of rationality and choosing that I'll have him struggle with and contemplate, that I enjoy writing and I believe it sets him apart. At least, that's the goal.

When I returned to the XWF and I decided to bring Nathaniel back, I didn't want to simply return to writing the same old version of the character, per se. Which is why I decided to add lycanthropy into the mix. A nazi werewolf seemed absolutely amazing to me, lol. Especially when I cross referenced wolves and nazis. They literally go hand in hand. If I was going to add any sort of supernatural spin to the character, this was clearly the right direction to go. It also gave me a chance to add a nice dose of horror to his stories. Which will be showcased a lot more in material that's yet to come.

[Image: TFPUdLV.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes N.A.Z.I's post:
Rain (08-14-2018)

User(s) browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)