Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:34 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Spaceman and The Mechanic - Part 2: Trust exercises (rp2)
Azrael Erebus Offline
NovaStar

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

08-03-2018, 01:33 AM

The Laboratory

A smirk crossed Griffin's face as he allowed his eyes to pan the interior of Azrael's laboratory. There were shelves of mysterious gems and stones. Entire cabinets of ancient artifacts and ruins. Full racks of strange charms and talismans. Cupboards filled with potions, elixirs, herbs and a slew of other ingredients, that one might find in a witch doctor's shop or shaman's tent. Bookcases stock piled with books, journals, scrolls and very archaic looking parchments. An assortment of strange machines and two tables littered with the parts, pieces and blue prints for inventions, that didn't quite seemed finished yet. A desk that held a computer, that clearly appeared to be one that was constructed of the spaceman's own design and a swivel chair. An old, rather antique looking leather easy chair, that sat in the corner. Two robots, gathering dust and cobwebs, in another corner. And two wrought iron cages, suspended from the ceiling by chains. The sight of everything made Griffin feel like he stepped into an old school science fiction film. It was kind of amazing.

"Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but you're a trip and a half man."

"I am?"

Azrael walked past Griffin and continued onward to his vast collection of machinery. Stopping short, he gave a half turn towards Griffin and asked.

"How so?"

A small smile creeping onto his face, like there was a joke inside that question, that only he knew. Azrael continued towards the multitude of inventions, that were clearly his creations and began perusing the cluster.

"Nah. No disrespect on how you do shit. It's just being here. Hell, even just walkin' up to this joint, kinda gives one the feeling like they're not in Kansas anymore."

"We're not in Kansas. We're in New York."

That tiny grin remained on Azrael's face while he searched through his inventions.

"On the real though. This whole room looks like it came out of an oldschool science fiction film... or a Tim Burton movie. I mean, you've even got wrought iron cages, hanging from the ceiling. That's fuckin' weird."

"Really? There's cages hanging from the ceiling? Huh? I never noticed. Must have come with the place."

Azrael held back a chuckle.

"You're fuckin' with me, aren't you?"

Turning around with a peculiar device in hand, Azrael allowed a small laugh to escape him.

"Only a little."

Walking forward, he pointed towards the swivel chair, that was near the desk.

"Sit."

"Damn. Do you intend to reward me with a biscuit afterwards, if I do?"

"Apologies. Please, take a seat."

Griffin complied and Azrael walked up carrying what appeared to be a metal box, with several dials, a couple switches and a small display screen on it. There were also cords coming from the metal box. Griffin eyed the strange apparatus, suspiciously. Just what did Azrael have planned? Before he could ask, Azrael stuck two round, white pads with metal connectors on their backs, to either side of Griffin's head. (The type of pads, one might see when they go to the hospital and are hooked up to an EKG machine.) Griffin's reaction to this; however, was far from calm. Popping out of his chair, he backed away from Azrael as he held out his hand, in a clear indication that Azrael, should stop.

"Whoa! Hold the fuckin' phone Dr. Frankenstein. What exactly are you doing?"

"I thought that was obvious."

Scoffing at Azrael's response, he lowered his hand.

"Not to me! You just walked up and stuck shit on my head."

"I'm terribly sorry. I just thought..."

"You just thought what? Cause I told you about what happened to me back in the day, that I made a deal with some folks, without fully knowing what my ass was gettin' into and it led to them experimenting on me, I'd be cool with whatever you had in mind? Just go along with shit, no questions asked? I must be used to simply complying to whatever happens, right? Or did you really think I knew what you were doing? Because all I know, is that you've got some weird metal box with wires hanging off it and you stuck some things on my head."

"Maybe a little bit of both."

Azrael sighed.

"Total misjudgment on my part. I figured maybe after what you experienced and the fact that you're working for The Order, might have..."

"Might have made me more compliant and willing to go along with whatever. Yeah. Not so much. If anything it did the opposite. Made me less trusting too."

"But you came to me for help."

"I still want to know what's going on. Shit. Don't just start doing things without an explanation."

"You're right. That's my error. Apologies again. This machine that I'm holding, allows me to monitor brain activity, while giving me a clear picture of what's inside someone's head. Here look."

Azrael set the machine on the table, stuck two circular white pads with metal connectors on their backs, to either side of his own head and connected the wires that came off the machine to them. He then flipped a switch on the machine, turned a dial and instantly there was a clear image of Azrael's brain on the screen.

"See? Just a brain scanner. Nothing to be scared about."

"I wasn't scared."

"You jumped out of your chair."

"Yeah, to stop you from doin' what you were doing, without explaining stuff first. I wasn't scared. I'm extra... cautious."

Griffin sat back down as Azrael detached the wires from his own head, removed the pads and then turned around to face Griffin. Promptly attaching the same wires to the pads on Griffin's head.

"Extra scared."

Azrael smirked as he adjusted a couple of dials on the machine.

"I wasn't scared."

"Okay. Whatever you say Mr. Living Weapon."

With a smirk still in position on his face, Azrael observed the monitor and slowly turned a dial.

"Whatever man. Believe what you want. I know I wasn't fuckin' scared."

Watching Azrael, Griffin started to wonder, what exactly was the spaceman looking for? Why would he need to do a brain scan? This time his reaction was a million times calmer though.

"So why the brain scan? What exactly are you looking for?"

"You said they fucked around with your head, right?"

"Yeah."

"The scan allows me to see how much they fucked around with your head."

"How's that? I thought it only let you see the brain."

"True. However, I am very familiar with what a normal, human brain should look like. Your brain though... lets just say, that it's very apparent, that it had a lot of work done on it and leave things at that. Anyway, I'm also looking for anything extra, that might be attached to your brain and I think, I found what I was looking for."

"What?"

"A tracking device. There's also something else. Something that I'm going to go out on a limb and guess is some kind of self destruct mechanism."

Griffin took a deep breath.

"A self destruct mechanism. In my head. I've been walking around all this time, with a self destruct mechanism, in my head. That's... that's lovely. I wrestle, have been hit in the head, multiple times and there's a self destruct mechanism in my brain. That's just fucking fantastic. Okay. I might be freaking out a little."

"Relax. It's more than likely a mechanism that won't detonate unless someone pushes a button. Or tries to manually remove it via some sort of operation."

"Good to know?"

Not knowing how to react, feel or even think at the moment, given the information that he received, Griffin fired up a cigarette.

"I'm going to remove both of the devices."

This alien has lost his damn mind. Exhaling a cloud of smoke, Griffin looked at Azrael like... well, like he lost his damn mind.

"What? You said that I basically have a bomb in my head that will detonate if anyone tries to remove it and now, you're saying that you're going to remove it?"

"Yep, that's precisely, what I intend to do. Oh and there's not one bomb, there's technically two, since I'm fairly certain the tracking device is rigged with some sort of explosive that can be triggered, if someone attempted to remove it."

"That's wonderful. There's two things that can explode inside my head, if there's an attempt made to remove them and you're casually suggesting, to remove both of them. Do you see where I might have an issue here?"

"You want to distance yourself from The Order, correct?"

"Yeah, that's correct. I do. I'd also like to remain alive. Alive and separated from The Order."

"I understand that."

Azrael chuckled.

"Oh, right. You're worried cause I said if someone tried to remove the implements, they would be instantly activated to self destruct. If you remember, I also mentioned that would be the case if they were removed by an operation, at one point. I don't intend to operate. I mean, I could. I have all the necessary tools that are required for extensive brain surgery but that's not what I had in mind. What I had in mind was a simple extraction, from the outside and now that I know precisely where the implements are inside your head, this should be a piece of cake... or pie, depending on what you prefer. I've always been partial to... both, really. I'm not picky. Damn. Now I wish I had a piece of pie, on top of a slice of cake."

"Hey! Spaceman! Focus! How are you extracting two exploding devices out of my head from the outside?"

"Rather easily."

A calm, reassuring smile.

"Like this."

Azrael held up both hands; palms first, then he closed his left hand and used his right to snap. Immediately reopening his left hand, he revealed two, silver, micro-devices. One moderately larger than the other, but not by much. Griffin gazed at them and slightly tilted his head. So small and yet so deadly. Wait. Now that they're gone, won't they realize that Griffin removed them. Panic started to set in. If The Order suspected that, wouldn't they go to his last known location? What if they already knew about Lila? Is she safe? Did they dispatch other "weapons" to retrieve her and bring her in for interrogation? Luckily, Azrael seen this instant distress enter Griffin's eyes and smacked him. Not at all hard, but with enough impact that was needed to pull him out of the spiral that his mind was bringing him into, before it swallowed him whole.

"The devices are deactivated. I deactivated them as soon as they entered my hand. I'm amazing like that. Also, as soon as you entered this tower, it was like you stepped off the grid. The radius for that, extends to five miles around the tower, as well. So if the Order wanted to track you, they'd have a general idea of where to look but not enough to be definite. Though, I would assume if they seen that these devices went offline, they either think you're dead or you tried to remove them yourself... so you blew up, in which case, you're dead. Worse case scenario would be them trying to retrieve your body. I'm guessing since they don't have an exact location, they will be paying close mind to the morgues. That's where we have the upper hand. That's when we get them. When they're investigating the morgues."

"Get them?'

"You wanted out, right?"

"Right."

"Getting out is good. Getting out and them leaving you alone forever is better. That's our goal."

"I assume you have a plan."

"Pssssh... of course, I have a plan. I always have a plan. Except when I don't have a plan and only act like I have a plan, while I impulsively do things, till the outcome I want to have happen occurs. That's sort of like a plan. Only it's improvised. An improvised plan."

"An improvised plan? There's no such thing as an improvised plan. That idea alone completely contradicts itself."

"Except when I say it. Then it makes complete sense."

"No it doesn't."

"Uh... yeah, it does, cause everything winds up working out in the end. The same way it would if you had a fully, laid out, regular... and might I add boring, plan."

"You're working with an improvised plan, aren't you?"

"Like I use any other kind of plan. Did you not get that, when I called the other version boring?"

Griffin said nothing and simply took a drag from his cigarette. What the fuck did he get himself into? It was too late to think about that now. Now he had to hope that the spaceman was true to his word and trust that everything would work out in the end. Trust. Now that was something Griffin had no issue with. Hey, grab a knife to cut through some of this sarcasm, will ya?

"Cadryn Leslie Tiberius. Mr. Honorary King For A Day! That is impressive. Wow. 2017 really seemed to be your year. 2x Heart Champion. 2x Star of the Month. Lethal Lottery Finalist. King For A Day... whatever the fuck that means. You were on fire in 2017! 2017 was the year of Cadryn Leslie Tiberius! It's too bad I wasn't around then to bask in your glory. No. I was trapped inside a gold rock when that happened. It's better if you just don't ask. I barely understand it myself. Anyway, I'm here now and that's all that matters, right? Right. Good. We're on the same page. Tough break about those Tag Titles. Losing to Sebastian Dyke and Bilbo Blumpkinz. That has to sting a little. Though, I'm sure the repeated face humping from Dyke, had to hurt worse. Hey, don't fret. It only aired live and people can either watch it On-Demand or stream it from various sources online. It's 2018 though. This should blow over pretty quickly. Something even worse will happen and everyone will forget about how Dyke humped your face. Just put some ice on it, I'm sure the swelling will go down and focus on the future. The future being our match on Saturday. Azrael vs Cadryn. It should be epic and I promise, even if I win, there won't be any face humping. Not from me anyway."

[Image: ybmVXWb.jpg]

2x Universal Champion (First reign was less than a day though, lol. Due to Sebastian Duke cashing in his briefcase.)
2x Tag Team Champion
3x Triple Tag Team Champion
1x Television Champion
2x US Champion (Title retired during my second reign as champ.)
2x X-Treme Champion
1x Bombshell Champion
2x HMW Champion
2x SOTM
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Azrael Erebus's post:
(08-03-2018)