Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 08:31 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Do you read RPs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! I like keeping up with RPs and I always check out any new RPs I see
14.29%
1 14.29%
I only check out the RPs that relate directly to me, such as my opponents or rivals
57.14%
4 57.14%
I have a small handful of people or friends who I always like checking out the RPs of, but that's it
14.29%
1 14.29%
I very rarely, if ever, will spend time reading RPs other than my own. Sometimes I even ignore my opponent's RPs
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you look at and care about other RPs?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-10-2018, 10:59 AM

Since I can see who has clicked on and viewed any thread on the forum, I happened to notice something interesting with a lot of the RPs I see getting posted these days... VERY few people seem to click them on a regular basis.

I remember a time in the fed (and other feds) where any RP that got posted would normally be seen by 90-100% of the fed within the day.

I'm just curious to get a vote of what type of reader YOU are (or aren't) and also was curious if any of you have any ideas on what would make you care more about RPs that someone else wrote? Are we shifting away from a time when RPs matter more than anything else? Is it just too time consuming and/or boring to keep up with what everyone is doing? Does it feel too much like work? Share your thoughts.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-10-2018, 11:12 AM

There was a time that I would read everything posted. Now, because of lack of time and honestly lack of interest, I only read other rps sparingly. In some cases I won’t even bother reading my opponents rps. Just depends on if I feel like dissecting it with a response or not.

When i pop on the site with a little spare time I do cherry pick some to read however. I usually base who I do read by how unknown they are to me. For example, If I see someone I’ve never read before, I’ll click in and read a few of theirs. If I see someone who I haven’t followed in a long time, I’ll usually click in to a rp and see what they are up to these days.

For me, I think it honestly boils down mostly my fading interest in fedding. I’m at a point where it’s a struggle to stay involved, though I have been hopeful that my continued involvement would remedy that.
Hate Post Like Post
Ghost Tank Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-10-2018, 11:14 AM

I've made it known that I usually only read my opponent's promos. Sometimes one of the people I consider a good acquaintance, I'll look into their stuff. I'm a mix of two of the choices. But I don't read everyone's promos.

[Image: Vn6ynTV.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Azrael Erebus Offline
NovaStar

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

07-10-2018, 01:26 PM

I've been involved in rping since 2012 and it's never felt like work to me. I don't think I'd stick around if it started taking on that feel for me. I'd like to say that I constantly keep up to date and current, with everyone's rps but I don't. Not for a lack of interest. But because I usually have a limited portion of time, that I'm able to use the computer. I also don't always sign in. I do; however, always make it a point to read my opponent's rps and when I get a spare moment and I'm not currently rping myself, I'll randomly click on whatever was posted the most recent. I'd like to think that I'm fairly familiar with everyone in the fed by now, some characters more than others but there's no one here, that I haven't read an rp or two by. I also control more than one character, so if I'm signed in with one character when I do read something, I'm not going to click onto the same rp with another character. Sometimes, if I really enjoy the material, I'll make a point of signing on in order to click "like" on it, but I don't always make it a habit of doing that. I should. Encouragement is a good thing but I don't and it's not because I don't enjoy what I'm reading. There's really not a reason behind it, except maybe laziness, lol. Anyways, I think that maybe there could be others that might do the same thing that I do because I've seen multiple guests viewing rps, far more frequently, than actual signed in members of the XWF.

[Image: ybmVXWb.jpg]

2x Universal Champion (First reign was less than a day though, lol. Due to Sebastian Duke cashing in his briefcase.)
2x Tag Team Champion
3x Triple Tag Team Champion
1x Television Champion
2x US Champion (Title retired during my second reign as champ.)
2x X-Treme Champion
1x Bombshell Champion
2x HMW Champion
2x SOTM
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2018, 04:25 PM

I picked the third option because it's the closest to how I operate. But even then it ebbs and flows based on my amount of time. I have a select group of folks that I try to keep up with regularly because I usually like their work. But it's a crap shoot sometimes. These last couple weeks in particular have been garbage for me with regard to reading people's stuff, what with working 2 jobs and helping my SO move into my place.

I always, always, always read an opponent's work though.

I think in an ideal world everybody would read everybody else's work, but most of us are at an age now where when it comes down to catching up on RP's versus catching up on family obligations/housework/work, etc....the lame stuff ends up winning by necessity.

Edit: Also, I think RP of The Month helps, with getting people to read other people's stuff provided they actually are reading it.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-11-2018, 04:26 PM

(07-10-2018, 12:50 PM)Sebasstian Dyke Said: I only read RP's from homosexuals and others who consider themselves bi-curious. If I don't read someone's rp it's not because of a lack of time it's because they aren't gay enough. Ya dig ma nig?

Also this. Need more gay stuff in RP's stat.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

07-18-2018, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This will help me as I try to come up with the next phase of how XWF operates. Stay tuned for more simple polls in coming weeks as I put the pieces together!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post