Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:27 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Bleed for It
JACK Offline
The Lone Crusader

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-05-2018, 11:41 PM

July 1st, 2018

Jack is seen in the green room of the XWF, tired out after an exhausting first match against Nathan Kennedy. He sits on the wooden bench, looking down at the floor and breathing heavily. His eye is closed while he rubs his bandaged knuckles across his back, popping some bones as they're dragged across his coat.

"I knew this wouldn't be easy, but I didn't expect to be offered this much of a fight for my introduction."

He groans as he pushes himself upright, still feeling the effects of being driven through the table.

"At least they know who they're combating against now. Even if they believe I'm someone else, I'll be able to use the wave whoever used my identity to success. Even if it could be short lived."

A moment passes before he makes his way to the door. Before he can open it, a member of the backstage crew opens it for him. She's an average sized lady with numerous freckles on her face. Her shirt is buttoned up just about completely, preventing any gaze at her modest B sized breasts. The girl seems a bit startled by the bandaged man at first, but remembers that she's working in a federation full of aliens, warlords, and literal gods. Recollecting herself with a cough, she hands over an aged sheet of paper to him.

"I have a letter for a Mr... Jack, is it? It's from my great grandfather. He asked me to hand this to you after your first match of 2018."

Jack hesitates for a couple seconds before gently removing the letter from the lady's grasp.

"Your ancestor's name wouldn't happen to be Benjamin, would it?"

Her eyes widen after mentioning the scientist's name.

"Wait, you know him? How exactly do you know about my great grandfather?"

He sighs and, although it can't be heard very well, laughs in a sort of calming manner.

"He and I go way back, if you can believe it. Our relationship transcends time itself."

Before she can probe for more information, the mummified time traveler shuts the door on her and leaves her to her own devices. He proceeds to walk back towards the wooden bench and unfurls the letter, revealing very fine cursive that a normal human being in this century cannot read. Being two hundred years old, however, he can make out these words as if they were from a children's book.

"Jack, if you have received this letter, you have found your destination and made it through your first challenge. Congratulations. Unfortunately, it also means that I am long dead and cannot communicate to you. Worse yet, you've more than likely abandoned your time machine, which has more than likely gone missing by now."

The bandaged man hangs his head in resignation.

"It's not the first time I've been stuck in inescapable situations. You of all people must know that, Benji."

He lifts his head up and continues to read the contents of the letter.

"However, there is hope for you to continue your journey. Should one be born, my great grandchild will help you with another machine I plan to have completed by the time you receive this letter. The fate of the world and humanity depends on you and them. Do not fail us. Regards, Benjamin Peabody."

There's a few second pause before Jack drops the letter and cups his face in his palms. Muffled screaming can be heard from within as we transition away from this scene.

"After my performance this last Wednesday, the corporate officials have somehow deemed me worthy of a shot for a chance at a championship belt. I'm as surprised as everyone else. Apparently in order to prove my worth, I have to earn it from the former title holder. Her name is Jennifer Myst. With this lady being a former champ, I expected her to behave like one, a noble and courageous sort that sees every opponent as an equal threat to what she once held close to her."

"What I was delivered, however, was childlike insults and irrelevant diatribes that bounced off of me like a rubber ball. I do not need to know about how my name is spelled or what you have seen recently, they mean nothing to me at this point in time. I do not care about your allegiances either, since none those that inhabit it are my primary target. The only thing I care about is how to save Earth from the world's end, and it's clear to me that you and everybody inside your Empire do not have the capability to do so."

"I know full well what I'm walking into, by the way. I'm stepping in the ring expecting nothing but violence and someone that can't seem to win a fight on her own. You require the aide of one of your cronies to defeat one Peter Gilmour. Someone who, if I'm recalling the archives correctly, is an unpopular attention addict that's treated like a laughing stock in this federation. How am I supposed to be intimidated by someone who cannot defeat a leech on their own?"

"This 'gimmick' you speak of comes as a result of years of unfortunate happenings that I've experienced. I've been lit ablaze three times, surviving two of those with minor third degree burns, and one second degree burn encompassing my entire body. Not to mention the amount of times I have been stabbed, assaulted, and left inside sewer systems to die for walking on the wrong side of the street. Am I a mummy? Maybe, if you consider looking like this and travelling through two hundred years in a mere ten seconds to be mummification."

"As for your threat to tear off my gauze wrappings, I'd advise you otherwise if you value your sanity. I'm aware that this place has quite an... interesting cast of characters, but my face currently resembles nothing human. I keep my anonymity for everyone's own good, believe it or not. The moment anyone gets to see my face is the day they're bound by straitjackets and spoon fed gruel by nurses."

"You say that you're self made, that you're the very best women's wrestler in the world. From the way you talk, I only see a bitter combatant that cannot accept that she's lost the belt to a rather extremely political wrestler in the most shameful way possible. If you fight anything like you talk, I wouldn't hesitate to throw that first punch, because I'll only need one to silence that lip of yours. You're going to hold gold again? As long as I'm in this time period and alive, I don't think you'll be holding anything."

"The reason I didn't talk first was to find out how much one person can damn themselves to fail. Since I have generously allowed you to do so, I am more than happy to make that omen become reality. See you on the parking lot, Jennifer, I hope to see you there serving those frankfurters that karma cooked up."

[Image: 1sRaL7A.png?2]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like JACK's post:
Jefferson Jackson (07-07-2018), Vincent Lane (07-06-2018)