Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 06:31 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Questions & Answers (a cuppa shared w/Nyx Nephthys)
Nyx Nephthys Offline
I'll put a spell on you...

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-26-2018, 08:16 AM

"He will come for you now."

Even now, the words still plagued my thoughts. Leaving me haunted by expectation. Who was he? Why would he come for me? For the sword? Why? It's not like I sought the sword out on purpose? I was drawn to it. If he could come for me, why couldn't he just go and retrieve the sword on his own? Unless, something was hindering him from claiming it and he needed an outside source to both find and recover it for him. Who was he? When would this mystery man reveal himself? The anticipation was killing me. Every male that I encountered brought with them the lingering possibility of being him. Perhaps, I would have to take matters into my own hands and locate him, first. Patience, a virtue I do not always possess.

My doorbell chimes. Once. Twice.

I open the door and gaze up at a very tall, twitchy man with wire rimmed spectacles and a bowl haircut. Please don't let this be - him.

"Nyx Nephthys."

He squawked out like a bird. What do you want bird man? He extended a hand out and out of politeness, I accept the gesture. His hand is clammy and wet. Gross. I let go and do not conceal the fact that I wipe my hand off. He doesn't seem offended though. Nervously laughing, he adjusts his glasses.

"I'm Steven Sayors, official reporter and interviewer for the XWF. I thought maybe I could interview you as a means to promote your match for this upcoming edition of Warfare."

I say nothing for a few moments, simply staring up at him as he anxiously awaits my response. Like the high-strung, skittish bird man that he increasingly proves himself to be. Oh well, so be it. I might as well play nice and commit to this expected wrestling ritual.

"That seems like a feasible proposition. Come hither, Steven Sayors."

I step back and allow space for Steven to walk in before I shut the door and lead him up the steps, into my lovely abode. Shutting the door that led into my flat, I walk past Sayors and head into the kitchen, where I retrieve a kettle off the stove and start to fill it from the tap.

"Would you be interested in a cup of tea, Steven?"

Sayors, who had followed me into the kitchen, stares at me a tad confused as he adjusts his spectacles and blinks. Perhaps being offered things wasn't a common place occurrence for him. After several seconds, it becomes clear that I need to repeat myself.

"Steven, can I interest you in some tea?"

Steve blinked and then seemed to reboot his brain, shaking his head vigorously he laughed with trepidation.

"Oh yes, tea would be great. Thank you."

A sheepish grin. I put the kettle on the stove and ignite the burner, taking a seat on a nearby stool as I awaited the hot water. Steven does in kind. Perching himself on the stool across from me, he removes a tape recorder from his satchel and places it on the island between us. As he does this, I retrieve a cigarillo from a metal case and arouse a flame at its tip. Taking in a long pull, I exhale several seconds later, a small, aromatic cloud. Blackberries and vanilla, accent the air. Steven hits the record button.

"I'm sitting here with Bombshell champion, Nyx Nephthys. Nyx may I state, it is a pleasure to have the privilege of interviewing you today."

I take a drag from my cigarillo.

"Thank you, Steven. I'm glad this small amount of effort on my part brings you joy."

A cloud of sweet smoke.

"You know, I must confess. I figured you'd be a clove girl."

Steven twitches and giggles (like a lady).

"A clove girl? Do you also think I frequent Hot Topic?"

"Maybe. Jessalyn Hart certainly seems to think that's the case. She actually made claims on both accounts. Stating that you smoke cloves whilst hiding behind Hot Topic, writing shitty poetry."

I intake another pull from my cigarillo. Resting it into an ashtray as I release another cloud of smoke.

"I've never been inside a Hot Topic, let alone hid behind one. I live in New Orleans. The boutiques and shops that are right here in my very own neighborhood, suffice my desires quite nicely. Why would I ever choose to give my business to some shitty mall chain store, when I can take a pleasant stroll down the street and acquire items of a far more unique and exquisite caliber. Not to mention the fact that, the owners of the stores that I patronize are valued members of the community. Meaning that shopping in their places of business, supports the local community. I purchase a dress and I'm helping a friend, I spend half a paycheck on books and candles, I aid another. The true natives of New Orleans know this and abide by this friendly practice. So no, I don't hide behind Hot Topic, smoke cloves and write shitty poetry... I don't write poetry, shitty or magnificent. I've written my own spells before but poetry... not so much."

I rise from my stool and produce two cups from a cabinet. Placing them on the counter between Steven and I, I proceed to put two bags of tea; scented of lavender, into them. Then I remove the kettle from the stove, switch off the stove and pour the hot water into both cups. Returning the kettle to the stove, I fetch a jar of raw honey from another cabinet and place it onto the island. Promptly supplying two spoons from a drawer, I stick one into my cup and hand the other over to Steve as I plant myself atop my stool once more. Steve takes the spoon and begins to generously add honey to his tea.

"So you're really a witch?"

"I'm many things Steven, claiming the title of witch is just one of them. Though, if I'm being truthful, I prefer the term sorceress."

Steven puts the honey back on the counter.

"Jessalyn Hart brought that up too. She had this to say."

Steven pulls out his phone and brings up Jessalyn Hart's promo for Warfare. Turning the phone towards me, after he located the part of her promo that he wanted me to witness, he hits play and I watch silently while spooning honey into my cup of tea.

Quote: Sweetheart, I have fought Seraphim, Daemons, Archangels, and Devils. Lucifer himself tried to cash in on my soul. So what do you think a half-assed witches of Eastwick scrub like yourself will do to me. Do us all a favor return the books on Wicca to the library and stop binge-watching American Horror Story and The Craft. Just go the fuck home and let me take what is rightfully mine.

After the clip plays, I stir my tea and take a sip. Ahhh... delicious.

"I took down Azrael Erebus. He always says he's beyond those Earth bound entities. If I took him out, that means I could more than likely take those beings out as well. Oh and I own all the books that I've read. Some of the books are hundreds of years old. There are volumes of text that I own, that I specifically set out and journeyed to distant lands, in order to find them. Books that couldn't ever be located in a specialty shop, let alone a library. Anthologies dedicated to spellcraft and sorcery, that I uncovered within specific temples. Treatises that are quite ancient and very powerful. Surpassing the realm of understanding for most mortals. On top of that, I have my own journals that bear incantations and conjurations, that I created of my own design. Mixing and melding together magic, combining formulas and rituals, until I devised enchantments that are completely one-of-a-kind and rare. Since, I'm the one that brought them into existence, I generated these spells and they wouldn't exist without that being the case. It was this type of magic that brought the spaceman down. It's the same kind that will revoke Jessalyn's place from the land of consciousness, this Wednesday."

Another sip of tea.

"You don't know me, Jessalyn. Please, don't act like you have even the slightest, inkling of what I'm truly capable of doing to you, or anyone else. I'm not some trendy, goth girl playing make believe. I've seen and done things that would ensure a lifetime of nightmares for some people. Stuff that would drive most mad. Lucifer tried to personally cash in on your soul? Okay, so what? What's your point? That's Mr. Morningstar's main agenda. Taking souls. Pretty sure he wants everyones'. But he went after you and now, you feel special? Isn't he in the XWF? Didn't he just wrestle with Azrael Erebus? Oh... no, that was Dr. D'Ville but come on, everyone knows the truth about that man. He's wrestling again this Wednesday. Maybe he'll pop in and wish you luck on your match. You know, since you both have a history."

Yet another sip of tea.

"Bottom line my dear, I am not someone to be taken lightly. I am a force to be reckoned with. You want to take what you believe is rightfully yours, then by all means, come and get it. You're a fool if you honestly believe that you'll easily defeat me though. Rest assured, that will not be the case. Please, don't take my word for it. Doubt my potency. Shun my abilities. Mock me if you will. It matters not what you believe. Actions are the only significant factor here. If you enter that ring and expect this to be a battle that's effortlessly fought and won by you. Well, you will definitely be surprised, when you are met with a fate most foul, otherwise."

I smile, genuinely. Then lift my cigarillo and take a puff. Blowing the fragrant smoke into the air, moments later.

"There's something I'm curious about."

"What's that Steven?"

"How did Vinnie Lane and you meet."

It wasn't a very interesting story. Rather vanilla and boring but if Steven wants to know, I had zero problems with telling him.

"At a bar on Bourbon St. He was at a table talking to Roxy about the spaceman. He said - 'I wish someone, anyone would come along and beat that asshole. Knock him down a peg and take the title.' I was walking past. I stopped, looked at him and said, 'I can do that.' which brought about instant laughter but also sparked a conversation. The next thing I knew, I was meeting him at the main XWF building and auditioning, to become a wrestler. He was impressed and immediately offered me a job. I accepted and the rest is history. I didn't have time to think much on the matter, after that because that night, I was asked to take on Azrael and to do everything and anything, that I could to bring the alien down. The title that I wield shows my success in that endeavor."

"Have you spoken to the spaceman since then?"

"Why on Earth would I do that? I made him look foolish... weak, I doubt attempting communication with the man is a viable option. Though, you never know what the future, might hold."

"I think that's all I need for now. Would you be willing to take part in another interview, sometime down the road?"

"Absolutely, Steven."

With that, Steven Sayors shut off his tape recorder and the interview, though brief, was over.

[Image: jrjPfuF.jpg]

1x Bombshell Champion (Won title BEFORE any actual set match. Yes that means I technically "debuted" already a champion)
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nyx Nephthys's post:
(06-26-2018)