Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
In Shadows: The ~ {Blood} ~ Moon Cries Out ~ {4} ~ For Her ~ {Him} ~ Be Afraid
Nyx Nephthys Offline
I'll put a spell on you...

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-23-2018, 02:38 AM

I awaken in my flat, it is 3am and my bedroom is commendably filled with darkness, with the exception of the moonlight that pours through the parted curtains. Bathing the room in crimson. Crimson? What foul, dastardly deed awakens me from my slumber to see such a sight. I arise, for I am not one that can easily fright. Short is the girl before you, with jet-black hair, sad eyes and magnificently pale, white skin. Dressed in a black, semi-transparent, flowing, floor length night gown, it reveals dark, flattering undergarments, that cling to the body, like a second skin, yet remain faithful in their refusal to expose the secrets in which they keep hidden. All of my attire abides to a loyalty of that nature. I move across the floorboards; cherry hardwood accented with a black plush rug, making my way to the end of my bed and then, to the windows. The crimson moon hangs high in the sky and covers me in its vermilion veil. There is a foreboding essence in the air tonight.

Silence echoes beneath me in the ordinarily noisy atmosphere. Darkness creeps from every corner, save for the areas that are enveloped by the cerise moonshine. However, this scarlet luminescence is like no other, for it lay like a carpet across the land, leading straight like a pathway... to you guessed it, my windows. Strange is the nature of this occurrence but where others might chill in the wake of this spectacle, I find myself even more curious. Drawn to the discovery of its reason and source, I turn from my windows and freeze.

In the doorway, barely visible there stands a shadowy form in the shape of a man. Though he stays in his place, he reaches out a hand, extending a single finger(pointer, I believe) gesturing for me to come hither his way. Hesitant, I am, but not for long and as soon as I begin to move from my place by the windows, so does he, turning away he walks from the doorway and journeys further into my flat.

When I reach my bedroom door, I find him at the front door. He simply tilts his head my way and I feel urged, almost beckoned to follow. To which I comply. Walking slowly but steadily through my apartment, I can't help but notice the change, the alteration that has taken place. Everything, every item that I can see has aged tremendously. The furniture and drapes are in tatters, television is cracked, the glass in frames are shattered, exposing yellowed and torn photos but worse is the smell of decay. One glance towards the kitchen uncovers this reason, a fridge wide open and food taken to extensive rot. Meat seething with maggots, milk curdled to cheese and cheese completely coated in mold, fruits and veggies decaying to shades of shriveled, grayish white and an unknown mass of something, turned hard and black, like a lump of coal. The reek... that stench... the stink, is too much and I stumble forward gagging. Doubling over momentarily, I cover my nose and rush to my front door. Forgetting about the shadow man, I race outside, down the stairs and into the fresh, clean, crisp night air.

Removing my hand, I gasp and choke, holding back the desire to wretch all over the pavement. Breathing deeply for several moments before I'm able to right myself upward again. When I do erect my body to it's normal, straight stance, I notice the shadow man has taken to a spot, just across the street from where I now stand. Once again, the figure silently beckoned for me to follow and once more I complied. Curious how I was so abiding. I simply couldn't deny this trance of willingness to heed the call. The shadow man turned away; by the way he swayed and moved quietly down the street he almost seemed to be hovering or floating rather than walking, with me in tow several paces behind. Uncanny how the figure always remained in a solid black coating of shadows, despite passing into the sanguine glow of the moon, several times. It occurred to me, that it was possible that this shape of a male that persisted onward, could be made of the shade. That there was no man at all. Only shadows that decided to take on the form of a man. Twas a terrifying thought. I couldn't be more intrigued.

We walked on for what only seemed like seconds but oddly enough, when I looked about, the scenery had drastically transformed. We were now in the bog and the muck, the heart of the swamps. My bare feet sank into the mush of the mud as I parted the horsetails and stepped into the shallowest portion of the marsh. The water just up to my ankles, duckweeds clung to me as I surged forward, beneath the canopy of the Cyprus trees and the crimson radiance of the moon, I journeyed forward, trailing behind the dark shadow in the shape of a man. Quite suddenly; however, he stopped and pointed to a spot beneath a specific Cyprus tree. This Cyprus tree was like no other. Significantly taller than the others, its entire structure was so black that it almost appeared to be blue. Peculiar since up until now, all color was dulled to shade or masked in darkness, yet this tree seemed unencumbered by this newfound law of the land and stood stark in its own, unyielding place. Even more extraordinary were the bright, radiant, ruby veins that laced the tree entirely in an intersecting, crisscross fashion. Still the shadow man pointed. To the base of the tree. He wanted me to dig.

Without a shovel? I had come this far, why quit now? I knelt down and began to dig with my hands, deep into the soft mud, the work went quick. Further and further my hands sank as I clawed, almost with a feverish need to finally discover the surreptitious treasure, that must be below. Wet dirt, mire and sludge caked my hands and encrusted my fingernails, still I dug, until my hands met with something hard. A box. Pulling it up and out of its earthly confines, I unveiled a wooden box, approximately the full length of an arm and the width and depth of a moderately sized dresser drawer. The box itself seemed to be quite unique and very antique. With black cast iron hinges and the letters D. D heavily etched into its face. Without a lock in place though, the latch was easily dropped. Heavy was the lid that hid the prize but not immovable, so with a hearty shove, I opened the box, thus revealing what lay inside.

[Image: Rnlzo0Z.png]

Instinctively, I reached inside and lifted out the sword. It was immaculate and quite cold to the touch, its blade's tip, gleaming blood-red in the now immensely, intense beam of the moon. The shadow man was instantaneously at my side, whispering in my ear, with a smoldering hot breath and a stink of sulphur. His voice raspy and incredibly hoarse as it choked its way out, scratching through his throat, it emitted from parted, dry sounding lips. Like the wind passing through the arid, desert sands.

"He will come for you now."

With that, I abruptly and quite unexpectedly, found myself back within my bed chambers, sitting upright with a shock, almost like I had been hit with a bolt of lightening. My eyes darted around the room, panning the darkness and the shadows but all I took in, were the familiar items of my room. The moon still bathed the room in its glow, but this time it emitted the same, friendly, silvery light, that it usually cast. The light that I had grown to adore from the time I was a very, small child. Everything was the same as it always had been, there was no variation or redesign and nothing was different. At least, not from what I could tell, from my position on the bed. Though, something told me, if I ventured out past my bedroom, I would witness a similar state. Call it a hunch, intuition, or whatever you wish. I knew searching for any drastic metamorphoses or change in my flat, would come up nil and void. Still puzzlement held me transfixed in its vigilance. Had it all been a dream? So vivid. It seemed so real. My gaze lowered a bit and that's when I saw it. The black sword with the red jewel, sitting at the end of my bed. It wasn't just a dream, it was real, it all happened. I crawled to the end of my bed and gently lifted the sword with both of my hands as the memory of the shadow man's words, entranced and overpowered my thoughts.

"He will come for you now."

What did it all mean?

[Image: jrjPfuF.jpg]

1x Bombshell Champion (Won title BEFORE any actual set match. Yes that means I technically "debuted" already a champion)
Edit Hate Post Like Post