Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:32 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Engineer
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-19-2018, 12:29 PM

The scene opens in what appears to be a gothic castle chamber. Dim candle light flickers on the cold stone walls as Micheal Graves walks into the scene. This setting looks very much like a classic Graves promo for the early 2000’s. Graves stares deeply into the camera for a moment before finally speaking in a low almost whispered tone.

Micheal Graves
“Nearly three months ago, I was forced out of action with a knee injury. The timing of this injury couldn’t have been worse. I had just came off what many were calling the match of my career with James Raven. A match that earned me the respect of one of the most celebrated legends in the XWF. Mandii Ryder and I were just beginning to work together, and we both had big dreams as to just what we could accomplish, and The Engineer had chosen me, out of a large pool of talent, as the guy that he thought best to help him defend the Tag Team Championships.”

“I was really starting to build some momentum, but then it all came to an abrupt halt. During my match with Finn Kuhn, I tore my meniscus. At least that’s what the doctors said. The fact was, I had been working with the knee injury for a couple of weeks prior to that match. Suddenly I found myself forced out of action. Engy had to find a last minute replacement partner, and before I could even blink, the tag titles were gone.”

“I don’t blame Engy for losing the straps. He had a full plate with the Universal Title, but I do often wonder if he blames me?”

“Regardless, I now find myself cleared to compete, and I’m hungry to reclaim what’s mine. For far too long I have had obstacle after obstacle thrown in my path, and each time that happens, I’ve allowed it to derail me. Well I’m sick of it! I’m sick of playing this game where I take a two steps forward only to turn around and take three steps back! That’s why I’ve put my mind to the fact that no matter what happens, I’m going to not only reclaim what's mine, but take what I deserve!”

“I’m not listed in the XWF Top 50 without reason, but anyone who has followed my start stop career over the last year wouldn’t know that. I am capable of much more than what I have given to this sport, and it’s high time that I prove it!”

“I’m already booked with Cadryn Tiberius against Paragon for a shot at the Tag Team Champions. Paragon poses little threat to us, and Chris Chaos and Peter Gilmour have fallen by my hand before. So as far as I’m concerned, I’m well on my way to regaining my tag strap, but what if I desire more?”

“That’s where The Engineer comes in. Now let me be clear in saying, I have no problem with Engy whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I respect the hell out of the guy. He’s earned everything that he has, and he fought hard for all of it! Those Tag Titles weren’t gifted to him. He didn’t let Caedus carry him to gold, instead he got down in the trenches and kicked just as much ass as Jim Caedus did! His six month reign as the Xtreme Champion is still talked about to this day. A title that’s so hard to hold on to, and he held it with ease. Finally, his Universal Title reign. It’s nothing short of impressive if for no other reason than because of how little threat everyone who’s challenged seems to pose.”

“But for as much as I admire Engy, those very reasons are why I must beat him in the ring. What better way to show the world just who I am than to defeat the Universal Champion? Now I know what you’re thinking.”

“Come on Finn, we’ve heard this all before!”

“And you’d be right, except that I’m not some snot nosed rookie who has made a career of overestimating myself at every turn. I’m fully aware of the challenge that lies before me. The Engineer isn’t going down easy, but beating him isn’t impossible, and beating him is what I intend to do. If the fates aren’t on my side and I fail at my task, then at the very least, our battle should be quite the spectacle, and leave the word with a glimpse of what the two of us could have done had we had our chance to work as a team!”

“Engy, it’s important for you to know that I don’t fear you, but I do respect you and what you bring to the ring. I know the challenge that stands before me, and I’m ready to face it head on!”

“May the best man win!”

Graves tilts his head low and stares into the camera as the scene fades to black.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
The Engineer (06-20-2018)