Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-04-2024, 12:12 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
The First Act
Nathan Kennedy Offline
The Scottish Spitfire

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-18-2018, 09:08 PM

The Story So Far

Record
: 0-0-0

Upcoming Match: Nathan Kennedy - vs - Joachim Bright

Accomplishments: Nothing. Yet.

What Happened Last Time?: I walked in the XWF, issuing an open challenge after filling out my application. I got this dance against the kid scheduled for the next Warfare, and I'm lookin' forward to seeing what he can do.

Current Goal?: Get acquainted with this federation and kick some people's ass. Also, I got a tag team coming soon with Azreal, and those tag titles could use a proper home.

The Shit List: No one yet. Whoever is unlucky enough to end up on here better fuckin' pray, 'cause I'm not stopping until I bash their fuckin' heads in.

[Image: 3cb1ae6c4c13bb31abe0cb8f9efb0dc4.png]

[Image: d9a2bdb53ecde9ced837bceb8021733a.png]

Date: 14 June 2018
Time: 3:00 AM BST
Location: The Last Drop - Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

I stared up at the TV, downing one of the last swigs of my ale as my eyes were firmly transfixed on the programming being shown - the XWF in fact. I dropped my glass, a small thud echoing in the pub, the only other noise coming from both the TV, as well as mine and Calum's deep breathing.

Results Said:Pig takes a deep breath and pulls himself up using the ropes. He goes to climb out of the cage......

WHACK!

"Chaos swung the cage door into Pigs head. Pig is out and bloody!"

Chaos shoves the referee out of the way and climbs into the cage.

"What's he doing? He escaped?"

Pig is holding his head and Chaos looks poised. Chaos grabs Pigs head, picks him up in an F5 pose, spins him like an F5 and then catches him into a DDT for impact on mat.

"The Equalizer!"

Chaos gets back up and drags Gilmour by his arms towards the cage door. Chris slides under the bottom ropes and pulls Gilly helping him to the floor.

PETER GILMOUR HAS ESCAPED THE CAGE

"They did it! They kept the GOLD!"

"That was Unbelievable, Luca. What a match!"

Winners and STILL XWF Tag Team Champions - Chris Chaos and Peter Gilmour

"Damn those fuckin' assholes," I said, leaning back in my seat as I knew the wrong team won that match. "Buncha self-righteous pricks."

"Ah, don't worry man, things'll get better as soon as you take those tag titles off of them. After all, you got that space dude by your side, right?" Calum said, attempting to reassure me.

I chuckled in response, but it was a hollow chuckle. Given what happened at the start of the show, I was wondering about Azreal's state of mind currently. "Nyx Nepythys, huh?" I quietly muttered to myself.

"Mmm? You say something, Nate?" Calum said curiously, shooting me a side glance.

I waved my hand in response as I finally finished my ale. "Nah, nah, it's nothin'. Just wonderin' about my debut show, is all. Uh... where's Eddy at?"

"I'm... mmm... I'm here..." Eddy muttered, trying to rouse himself from his sleep. "We should... get going..."

"It is a bit late, isn't it...?" I asked to myself. "But nah, I wanna at least help clean up the bar. It's the least I can do, what with Pete and all." As if on command, the bartender, Pete, came out from the back. I gave a smile in my tipsy state, raising a glass to my old friend. "Pete, ol' buddy, ol' pal! Thanks again for letting me, Calum and Eddy stay a bit late. I'm sure the missus must want your head, no?"

Pete chuckled, running his long, strawberry red hair out of his eyes. "Thanks, Nate," he said, his thick Irish accent shining through as always, "But thankfully I warned her in advance, otherwise I'd be askin' you to dig my grave, heh heh." We shared a chuckle at that one. Calum smiled as he too finished his beer. "Honestly, though, I should be thankin' you. I've been needin' an excuse to stay after and clean up around here. Who knows, since I managed to clean so well, I might even be able to enjoy a pint next week when Calum and I watch your match!"

"Speaking of..." Calum said, pointing at the TV as Pete and I craned our heads to see. As Warfare faded to black, the card for next week's show was placed on-air. One of the matches included...

Nathan Kennedy
- vs -
Joachim Bright

"Hey hey! There's m'lad!" Pete said heartily, clapping me on the shoulder. "Smack dab on the middle of the card and ready to tear the house down!" My smile grew wider from Pete's overbearing support. We've gone back a while, him and I. After I cleared out a couple of drunkards who were causing trouble and threatening to beat him down, Pete was, to say the least, indebted to me. Or at least, he felt that way. I didn't really want to force anything on him, but he insisted, and to say the least, he helped me out through some dark times. I dunno if I really want to go into detail, though. Not yet.

"Joachim Bright?" Calum said, scratching his chin. "Who's that bloke?"

"He's an odd one for sure." I handed my glass off to Pete, getting out of my chair and stretching my calves out. "At least, an oddity in the XWF. But I kinda like him. He reminds me of--"

"Wait." Eddy's voice cut through like a knife as he looked surprisingly lucid, standing up and looking me square in the eye.

"What's wrong, Eddy?" Pete asked as him and Calum moved towards us as well.

"Joachim Bright. That's who accepted our open challenge?!" Eddy looked almost uncharacteristically pale, small sweat drops beginning to form and drip from his hairline.

"I mean... that's what the card says, Eddy," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "I really don't see what you're makin' such a fuss over."

"Hoo man... HOO MAN..." Eddy started nervously pacing around the bar now, rubbing his temples and looking increasingly nervous.

"For Christ's sake, Eddy, cut the crap and tell us what's wrong!"

Eddy paused right in front of me, his eyes slowly turning towards mine as the feeling of fear was etched into them. "You... you've heard the stories. Right?"

"Get to the point!" Calum said, now impatient as well in his drunken state.

"What the hell kinda' stories are you talkin' about?" I asked.

"His father... is the Universal Champion. One of the few men to have gone undefeated in singles competition so far... Dexter Bright. The Engineer." I blinked in shock. That kid was the son of a champion?

"Uh... can you like, fill in the blanks for someone who doesn't keep up with wrestling as to why that's such a big deal? His father is a champion, so what? Why do the two of you look so scared?" Pete asked quizzically, his brows furrowed as he tried to make heads and tails of this situation.

"It's not that I'm scared, just more so... caught off guard? I mean, glancing at the two and having a limited pool of knowledge in here, you really wouldn't suspect such a thing. Now, Eddy, on the other hand..." To say Eddy was scared was an understatement. He was now starting to shiver, his eyes bulging out as the sweat from before was now only intensified. "Eddy, come on, mate," I said, trying to snap him out of it. "Weren't you the one who was trying to push for me facing a champion in that little open challenge thing the employee had us do? What happened if he responded?"

"That's different," he choked out. "I was in the same boat as you then, with little to no knowledge of the company. But once I did a little digging... Nate, Engy killed a man's wife over a fucking crown. The shit he's done would make a normal man a felon for life, yet in the XWF, he's off scot-free AND gets to be a champion! If you hurt his son even a tiny bit too much here, what makes you think the man won't come after YOU next?"

The question gave me pause for a moment as Eddy tried to look into my soul to find an answer. This was an... unexpected situation to say the least. However, Calum quickly spoke, breaking the silence before it got awkward. "Bloody fucking hell, Eddy, you of all people should know Nate can handle himself in a fight! You've seen him go, you know what he can do!"

"Calum, you don't know some of the research I've done. Nate's just faced street-level mooks up until now. If he faces Engy... I don't even want to think--"

"Eddy, stop being a fuckin' pansy and worry about the what-ifs. What am I supposed to do, drop the fight 'cause I'm scared Big-Bad-Dad is gonna come knockin' on my door? If that happens, you know I'm competent enough to ensure I don't get killed. I'm goin' to America on Wednesday, and I'm gonna' give that kid what for. If I lose, so be it. But you better be damn sure I'll leave it all in there, like I will every single fuckin' week." Eddy's expression finally softened slightly after my little speech cut him off. I took a slight sigh of relief as I turned to Pete. "I think we'll be goin' now. Thanks for lettin' us stay after-hours."

Pete dismissed me with a wave of his hand, not unlike what I did to Calum earlier. "Not at all, m'lad. Any time, I'll do it. And trust me, me and Calum'll be here cheerin' you on come Warfare. You beat that lil' punk for me, okay?"

I chuckled; it seemed as if Pete never failed to put a smile on my face when he wanted to. "Can do, old friend."

Date: 18 June 2018
Time: 1:00 AM BST
Location: The Last Drop - Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Here we are - same location, similar time. Pete was sweeping underneath the tables, trying to clean up from any patrons earlier in the day. An XWF camera man- perhaps the same one from the offices who filmed my open challenge, sat in front of me, training his no doubt expensive, hefty camera at me. Eddy was in the background, rubbing his chin while eyeing me warily. No time to wory about that though, I had something to say.

"Joachim," I said with a smile on my face, grabbing a seat nearby with one of the stools. "Sorry I kept you waiting on a response, but a certain someone wanted to bicker mindlessly with me on how to proceed with this."

I could hear him facepalming as he slowly paced around the room, clearly not wanting that little detail revealed. "Between you and me, he wanted me to try and lay into you, not unlike the stuff you've seen before. But, no, I've figured you've earned a proper response from me. You want me to tell you about myself? Well, there's only a few people who will know my life's story and all, but perhaps I can give you some of the juicy bits."

"It all started with a family of five based in Edinburgh - me, my mum Heather, my dad who also happened to be named Nathan, my older sister Clara, and judging by how much shit the XWF cameras catch, I'm wagering you've seen my younger brother Calum."

"My turning point came when I was twelve. My father got laid off an important job when the business sank under- he was a landscaper, y'see. Wasn't the most impressive gig payment wise, but it got the job done and my father loved what he did. But, he... took getting laid off especially hard. He started taking up booze. More and more often he started to get drunk. Around this time, Clara went off to college, trying to chase her dreams of becoming a lawyer, bless her."

"Then he started getting abusive."
An eerie silence fell upon the tavern room. Pete, trying not to show any emotion, tried to stayed focused on sweeping. Even Eddy stopped, giving me a sympathetic glance as he too knew this story. I licked my lips, chuckling to myself as I looked down. "I haven't had to relive this in ages..."

"Nobody was safe from my father's wrath, not Calum and not my mum. As his eldest son, I took the brunt of the punishment. Every little thing that irked him, every nigh impossible task I failed... he beat me. Whether it was lashing me with his belt, or even bashing my fuckin' head into the floor... he never stopped until he saw blood. The mad man didn't have a son in those moments to him, he had a punchin' bag, a tool to use to work out his aggression about his job, his drunken rage, life itself..."

"The only reason I didn't up and run away was because I knew, without my presence, Calum would be next on his chopping block, and that was the last thing I wanted. We've always been close, playing together when we were mindless kids, fantasizing about hopes and dreams... watchin' on the tele with Calum was how I got into wrestlin' in the first place. And as my father didn't care for me anymore, those hopes and dreams were all I had left. But one day... one day I had enough."

I paused, noticing the lone tear silently streaming down my cheek. I sighed; an empty, hollow sigh as I attempted to right myself before I fully cracked. The last thing I needed was to break down into a sobbing fit during my first official promo because a kid was curious about me. I wiped my thumb across the tear, chuckling as I moved back to reality. "Tell me, Joachim. Did that satisfy your curiosity? Your innate desire to learn more about me?"

"Not like I can blame you for it. I'd probably be as curious as you are in your situation. You're admirable, Joachim. Bright, innocent. People like you, who believe in the absolute goodness in people's hearts.... you're a dying breed. People like you, who want to be a bastion of hope in this corrupted world, in this wasteland of a federation... your innocence, however, doesn't have much time left. I learned young that even with what should have been the strongest of ties imaginable... they'll kick you around any possible chance they can get."

"I look forward to seeing what you can do. You may not fit the bill, but if I can try and give you some sort of uplifting advice... have some confidence in yourself. Believe in your abilities. Just because your debut went south doesn't mean you need to be pessimistic on your outlooks. Don't think of them having an 'easy victory,' think of you getting a 'hard-fought win.' When we step into the ring at Warfare, though, win or lose... it's nice to know there will be another good person I'll know outside of Azreal. And who knows? Maybe... Maybe we can call each other friends."

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Nathan Kennedy's post:
(06-21-2018), Darius Xavier (06-19-2018), The Engineer (06-19-2018), Vincent Lane (06-21-2018)