Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:30 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Second Chance RP Board
The five stages
Pestalance Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-26-2018, 04:45 PM

Alright, so this next stage kinda sucks from a personal perspective. Bargaining isn’t really my thing, ya know. I’ve never been the type to ask anyone for anything. From a young age I was always taught that when someone loans you something or does you a favor, you are in debt to them until they release you from it.

But desperation has a funny way of changing your mindset, and I was willing to do anything at that point to remedy the situation I was in. At that point, it didn’t matter what the cost was; I willing to pay the price.

As so there I was, basically groveling at the feet of the only man I thought could influence some change in my life.

“Little Tokyo” East Village, NYC, New York
Friday, May 18, 2018
6:37pm Eastern Standard Time

We find ourselves back in the office of the man we know as Pest’s God-Father. He sits behind his large oak desk, leaned back in his chair, eyes closed. Gagaku softly plays in the background which causes the man to hum along with the tune. After a moment a knock on the door interrupts the tranquil moment causing the man to slowly open his eyes. Subtitles help us follow the conversation.

Enter!

The door slowly open and Pest slowly walks into the room. Once Pest enters the room, he stops and immediately bows a full 90 degrees. In Japanese culture this would be considered a bow of shame or humbling.

Good evening God-father.

The man behind the desk is slightly taken aback by this.

Why do you bow in such a manner, my son?

Pest continues to bow as he responds.

God-father, I want to apologize for my actions as of late. I should have never been disrespectful to my uncle Yoshihiro or to you. I love the culture of your country and I will never disrespect it again.

The man lets out a slight chuckle.

Is this regarding the subtitles? We have moved past that. Rise and have a seat.

Thank you God-father.

Pest stands straight up before making his way to a chair in front of the desk.

Shiro told me you came here earlier in the week to see me, unfortunately I was away. He has however told me the purpose of your visit. I have to say that I am unhappy with the knowledge that you intend to leave XWF. I have never known you to be a quitter.

It’s not that I want to quit. But the company does not have my best interest in mind. Everything that they have told me is a lie. They have no intentions of making me a star. They are making me a joke. They are using me for other purposes.

The man raises an eyebrow.

Other purposes? I don’t understand what you mean by this.

There has been a lot of questioning from outside of the company regarding their stance on black social issues. Mostly because of recent events that have happened and certain people employed by the company. It would seem that I got hired in order to quail those thoughts. It would explain why they have me involved with so much media that typically requires the top talent in the company. At first I thought it was because I am a valued member of the roster. A future star as they have put it. However, it appears that I’m just a trophy. I won’t be their trophy, God-father. I need you to use your leverage to force them to either utilize me the way I deserve to be used or get me out of this company.

The man leans forward placing his elbows on the desk.

Son…that simply cannot be done.

Pest’s eyes go wide upon hearing this.

What…but…why?

We don’t take short cuts in this family. So using my “leverage” for you to get ahead in this journey of yours is against everything that we stand for. You get ahead based on your own merit. And as far as getting you out of the company…impossible. You signed a contract, did you not?

Yes.

Then you must honor the contract. Your biological father was many things, but the biggest thing he was, was a man of his word. I also am a many of my word, and by proxy, so are you.

Well the contract says that if I break it, I have to pay a penalty. If I pay that penalty I’ll still be keeping my word. It doesn’t matter how much it costs, I’ll pay it. Money is no problem for me.

The man chuckles as he leans back in his chair.

Son, these people will take everything you have worked hard for. Your club, your home, everything. Don’t be foolish. You will do as I say and honor the contract. We will speak no more of this.

But God-fat…

The man raises his hand in the air cutting Pest off.

This conversation is over. Now come…we have diner plans.

As much as I hate to admit it he was right. The next day I had a meeting with my lawyer regarding breaking the contract and the penalty I would have had to pay would have forced me to sell my club and probably my house too.

I know I said I was willing to do anything, but I had worked too hard for that club and my house. Hell the house alone is probably the most sentimentally valuable thing I have and I’m not willing to give that up.

So there I was…stuck in a situation that I had no way to get out of. XWF had me right where they wanted me and I had no choice but to smile and take it.

Problem is, in the next stage…It’s pretty fuckin hard to smile.
Edit Hate Post Like Post