Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:19 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Second Chance RP Board
Ties that bind - Part 1: Family (rp1)
Azrael Erebus Offline
NovaStar

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

05-23-2018, 03:34 AM

Everyone carries a code. Both the wicked and pure of heart. Some say it doesn't exist but it does, it simply shows itself in various different ways. The thieves code or honor amongst thieves, as some might claim. The warrior's way. Snitches get stitches. Do unto others, what you would do unto yourself. A murderer's pact. Wedding vows. Blood brothers. The list can go on with a myriad of examples but the message is always the same. There are ties that bind. Rules. And yes, some of these are broken or severed. Be that as it may. Everything comes to an end. Ultimately.

There is a philosophy for that. One that a select group of ancient monks live by. They create beautiful works of art on a beach. Specifically, in the sand, right next to a spot where the tide will eventually roll in. The monks spend hours on this artwork and the outcome is usually remarkable. It's intricate and very clearly thought out. Almost painstakingly. Then the tide washes in and all their hardwork is destroyed. Cleaned away, like it had never existed at all. Yet that doesn't stop them from embarking on this task again because tomorrow is another day. They enjoy the beauty of their artwork, while its still there and admire it all the more, due to the fact that at some point it will be no more. Another way to comprehend this aspect is to take your most cherished possession and imagine it shattered. Destroyed. Crushed to smithereens. Broken beyond repair. Then you'll cherish it all the more because you will grasp the concept that in time, that very thing will happen.

It is inevitable. To deny it, is to not understand reality. Nothing lasts forever. A glass will always break. A picture will fade. Electronics malfunction. Memories are lost. Homes fall into shambles. People drift apart or fail to live up to expectations. There's death. Tragedies that can't be predicted. Again. This list can carry on and on... and on. To understand that something will eventually happen, that nothing can sit in the standstill of perfection, allows you to truly live and experience things for what they are. This also brings the point back to that code we all carry. That even when that tie is severed, sometimes the rope that was cut is merely tied back together. How ever loose or tight the knot is tied, depending solely on who does the tying and how strong of a rope one might be using.

On this eve, the one that would be committing such an act is that extraordinary, mystifying, incomprehensibly luminescent marvel, that came from the stars - Azrael Erebus. Making good on a promise that he made with Nathaniel Adolph Zachary Idenhaus, the spaceman was in fact, reconnecting the thread that had been snipped, many moons ago. True. The two were never really close, yet there was a connection that brought them together and through it, they formed an understanding. Learned to watch each others back, despite their numerous differences and gained a mutual respect for one another. Which is why, Azrael sat at a table in his laboratory and poured over book after book, scroll upon scroll, consulted his own journals and even conferred with a few unsavory contacts; by means of magic and the dark arts, (ironically) for good measures. All in search for an answer. A solution. The way to gain control of the wolf.

This act could be done. Azrael knew it in his gut. It could be accomplished because to him the impossible was always possible. He merely had to focus. To understand the very aspect of what was at hand. The stakes that were involved. The melding of two separate worlds. Man and wolf. Combined. Research only gave the facts. Communications with spirits and conversations with demons, deities, and a multitude of creatures that found their solace in the shadows, only proved that it was a process rarely achieved, if done at all. Even his own records and past research, told him that he never encountered such a phenomenon. However, in spite of all that, Azrael was determined to make this happen. For reasons uncertain even to himself. He needed to do this. To prove that it could be done. Never once questioning why he was helping a man so vile and hate filled as Nathaniel had proven to be, time and time again. Not stopping to ponder for an instant, the ludicrous notion of aiding someone that promised mass genocide and global purification. A crazed, madman that swore to become the next führer. Someone that had previously pulled the trigger on a gun that sent a bullet straight into Azrael's skull. Azrael didn't take even a brief moment, to realize how preposterous helping this man was because he became that dedicated, in the quest to prove that the task could be done.

Then, when it seemed that Azrael attempted every option and exhausted all of his resources, he had a breakthrough. Eureka! The issue was that he was trying to fix a problem, that contained two very different variables, with only one way of thinking. Werewolves, were things of darkness. Naturally, it would be thought that you'd uncover something useful, from the places that they dwell. In mysticism. The occult. Dark secrets. Folklore. Ancient ruins and the murmurs and whispers that came with them. The basic principle of any frightful, beastie that loomed in the night. However, despite having the keen understanding of all this and the gifts to obtain information when needed, he realized that he failed to comprehend that he was striving for this endeavor with a very limited perspective. He was using the tools of the trade one might use when dealing with the supernatural. While that was a large portion of his life, there was one key element that he lost sight of when he sought a way to hone control over the wolf. He failed to think like a scientist. He was a man of science after all. In fact, there was a point in his life, some would have called him a mad scientist. At least, the villagers wielding pitch forks and various other farm tools, would've called him that. Anyway, the point was this, when Azrael started thinking like a scientist, the solution became clear. He would have to use electricity. Of course there was the issue of convincing Nathaniel, that this was the answer. That in itself, would present to be a problem. Yet before Azrael, could even attempt this endeavor, his doorbell rang. Hmmmm.... curious. He wasn't expecting company.

Rising from his seat, Azrael made his way to the front door. Where he then pressed the button, that allowed someone the ability to enter his tower. Then he opened the door. Peering with silent wonder into the darkness of his hallway, he listened to the soft patter of footsteps. Only one set. From the sound of them, whoever was walking up the stairs wasn't very big. The footsteps were light and had a bit of a bounce to them. Most likely they belonged to a female. Although, before he could spend any more time pondering the options of who might be paying him a visit, the source of the mysterious foot falls, emerged at the top of the stairs.

[Image: cCYoRc2.jpg]
Lila Laroque

Azrael gazed at his daughter Lila in disbelief. Mostly, due to his own neglect in trying to locate her, after he was released from his golden, rock sized prison. It had been almost 2 months, since he made his return to the XWF and this was the first time he was seeing his daughter. And it was because she sought him out! What the heck was wrong with him? He took the time out to visit Nathaniel and even was undertaking the responsibility of Nathaniel's little werewolf problem, and he didn't seek out Lila. Needless to say, Azrael was feeling like the world's worst father, right about now.

"Well, are you going to just stand there, or are you going to give me a hug."

Lila smirked and held out her arms as she asked this question. The look on her father's face said it all. There was no need to rub it in any further. Azrael embraced his daughter, after three years of being trapped inside a gold rock. It was only then, that he truly felt the gravity of the time that he lost. Wrapping his arms around her and holding her tight, he whispered.

"Took you long enough to find me."

This remark drew a laugh from Lila as she rested her head against his chest.

"I had to be sure it was really you. I mean, my father is a man and word on the street is that Azrael, returned to the XWF, genderless."

Azrael sighed. The whole genderless rumor had made its way to Lila. This was incredibly frustrating. Primarily due to the fact that he didn't even begin to know how to address this issue. So he went the simple route. Direct and to the point.

"It's a stupid rumor that Vinnie Lane started."

Another laugh from Lila as they mutually parted from their hug.

"Really. I heard that it all started from you claiming 'alien' as your gender. You should know better than to do that. It's practically like you provoked this rumor."

"Yes, well... silly me, for assuming anything otherwise. What's done is done though."

Azrael turned and reentered his home, with Lila trailing behind. Once she walked through the door, Azrael promptly shut it behind her.

"That's it then. Case closed. You're going to give up and let Lane get away with calling you, genderless?."

This conversation about the rumor that Lane started was lasting entirely too long for Azrael's liking. He never thought he'd be stuck in a discussion about his gender. Especially not with Lila.

"I'm not exactly sure what I can do about it. Short of incinerating Vinnie Lane alive. Which would most definitely be considered an act that the XWF would frown upon. What with Vinnie Lane, being a beloved member of the staff and then all that evidence, supporting the fact that I committed the deed. Because there's no telling when the camera ninjas, would be lurking around and filming. There's definitely one in the apartment though."

Lila spun around in a circle, with a look of confusion sliding into place upon her face.

"How can you tell?"

"It's just safe to assume they're always looming nearby. I have a match coming up against Mandi Rider and the closer the date for that event approaches, the more likely a camera ninja is hanging around. Watching, waiting and filming. Like the creeps that they are."

"I see. Why is this considered acceptable?"

"It's all a part of working for the XWF."

"So you're a professional wrestler for the XWF and that means you gave up your right to privacy. Seems a little strange."

"Pretty much."

"And they still don't know what gender you are."

"That's the general consensus... yes. Which is fairly odd, because I'm certain that there have been camera ninjas hiding out... during some of my more... intimate moments."

"Ewww... on that note, new subject."

"Hey, you're the one who keeps bringing it up. I was perfectly happy, not entertaining the subject matter with you, at all. "

"Right and now, I'm the one changing the subject."

"Ooo... kay."

"I've noted something interesting that has occurred via your promos."

"What's that?"

"That you're helping nazis these days."

"No, I'm helping a nazi. Singular. He isn't just any old nazi either. It's Nathaniel. You remember Nathaniel. He was around randomly when you were growing up."

"I thought that was because you were both on the same team. I didn't realize that you were old pals."

"We're not. In fact I'm pretty sure that we kind of hate each other. It's a mutual hate though. We both know where the other is coming from. We also know what the other is capable of doing and in that sense, we respect each other. Besides, he needed my help. He's been infected by the wolf curse. Helping him, technically helps all of humanity. If he learns to control what happens to him when he transforms into a werewolf, I'm actually saving lives."

"You could kill him. That'll save lives too. It stops the wolf issue and rids the world of potentially, the next führer."

"I can't kill a man that I respect. Nathaniel and I go way back. Like you said, we were teammates. Brothers in combat. Plus, if I do this for him, then he owes me a favor. You never know when that might come in handy."

"So you're really doing this for the leverage."

"I guess that would be an accurate assumption. I would also gain the knowledge that maintaining control during the werewolf transformation is possible. Seems like that's vital information to have. You never know when that might prove useful."

"Just admit that you're friends with a known white separatist."

"Fine. I'm friends with a nazi werewolf. Happy?"

"Yes and no. I mean, my father is friends with a nazi werewolf. That's really disturbing, when you think about it. Am I happy that you finally admitted it? Yes. However, that merely makes it all the more real. You know, he preaches about global cleansing and mass destruction. Where exactly do you think that puts me in his plan? Or you for that matter. Do you think if he had the chance, that he wouldn't pull the trigger on a gun that was pressed against your head? Or pull the pin out of a grenade and throw it at you? Or administer a lethal injection of poison?"

"He's already shot me in the head, once before."

"What?"

"Nathaniel has shot me in the head in the past. He knows that I can come back to life."

"And this is the guy that you're friends with? The man that you respect? The person that you can't harm out of that respect?"

"When you point it out like that, it makes it sound worse than what it really is."

"When I state the fact about the nazi werewolf and you being friends, in spite of him previously shooting you in the head, that makes it sound bad? Me, repeating the truth of the situation?"

"Yes. It makes it sound absurd. Like I shouldn't be wasting my time, helping Nathaniel."

"You shouldn't."

"I'm already well invested in figuring out a means to control his wolf situation."

"Translation, you already figured it out, didn't you?"

"Yes."

"There's no way to convince you, that aiding that nazi piece of shit is a bad idea, is there?"

"No, not really."

"I'm starting to understand why you allow so many peculiar occurrences to exist within your life."

"That's only cause you overthink stuff."

Describing Lila's mood after her father stated that sentence, could be summed up in one word... flabbergasted.

[Image: ybmVXWb.jpg]

2x Universal Champion (First reign was less than a day though, lol. Due to Sebastian Duke cashing in his briefcase.)
2x Tag Team Champion
3x Triple Tag Team Champion
1x Television Champion
2x US Champion (Title retired during my second reign as champ.)
2x X-Treme Champion
1x Bombshell Champion
2x HMW Champion
2x SOTM
Edit Hate Post Like Post