Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-23-2024, 11:41 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Fanbase issue
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-12-2018, 07:04 PM

So, I'm seeing a disturbing amount of accounts that say awaiting update for the fanbase on your posts, like so:

XWF FanBase:
(Awaiting user update)

The thing is, I'm not seeing how this is possible because at the time of registration you are required to choose one of the fanbase options and the site won't (or isn't supposed to) create your account if you don't choose one.

Can you guys check your posts and see if you're one of the people with "awaiting user update" and let me know if anything unusual happened during your registration on the site? Do you remember choosing one of the options for fanbase, and if so which one did you choose? I'm trying to narrow down how this is happening with some people and I can't seem to duplicate the error myself yet. I'm wondering if it's a specific fanbase option that is glitching, or if something else is happening that maybe you guys can help me figure out.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2018, 07:30 PM

It happened with my account for Madison but I don't remember anything weird happening at registration. Could it be tied to newer fanbases? I've tried to set Madison's to the Heel that EVERYONE hates option many times and it never sticks.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-12-2018, 07:57 PM

All fixed! I had a preg_match conditional stripping out all the ones that had the word heel anywhere in them because at one point all the fanbases said heel, face or tweener but then I added the more creative ones and wanted everybody to switch, which is when I added the conditional to remove any that said heel/face/tweener in them. Then later I customized them again and had some that said heel in the descriptions, forgetting my original efforts to eliminate those words. This is Lane's fault.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-12-2018, 08:00 PM

My base is the best base.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-12-2018, 08:29 PM

Anybody who still has their fanbase saying (.Awaiting user update) needs to go into their options and choose a fanbase.

User CP > Edit Profile

Hate Post Like Post