Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 07:04 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Blast from the Past
Christian_Andrews Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-10-2018, 07:58 AM

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

.:: Begin Transmission ::.

This man stares, his semi-closed eyes and less than amused face breaking through the darkness of the morning fog. This man stares, his hair slightly parted from where he slept on it and his beard slightly unkempt from a rough couple days. This man stares, his eyes beckoning, drawing him in, asking for a fight. This man stares.... and Christian stares right back. His lack of amusement in his face turns into a slight smile, as he tilts his head sideways in an inquisitive manner. You don't usually have a mirror in front of the bed in hotel rooms, so this was an interesting sight to wake up to indeed. Christian stands up, his knees shaking from his weight surprising them from their slumber. He grabs a hold of the end of the bed post, and lifts himself fully to his feet.

(Christian): If I keep training the way I have been this past week....

He moans, grabbing at his back as a semi-sharp pain shoots up it. His body offended at the mention of training, the toll obviously already being paid and it wastes no time in trying to convince Christian to avoid the subject or thought towards any type of work out currently. Christian rolls his shoulders back, a slight cracking releasing the pain in his lower back as he bends forward to stretch, his finger tips connecting with his toes.

(Christian): I wonder what I'm going to have left to give come Wednesday Night Warfare? This is ridiculous.

He frowns as he slides himself back to an upright position, shaking the cobwebs out of his legs and rolling his neck to open up his airway better. He turns to the bathroom and like the normal male routine when they first wake up, he makes a targeted effort to find another form of relief from his meal the night before that isn't resting well in his stomach. As he makes it over there, he slides his hand over the faucet knob and turns it sideways, the water rushing from the prison it was kept in and begins rushing over the inside of the sink.

(Christian): I haven't felt this beat up in a long time, and I've barely done anything. I've got to get my body back to working power if I'm going to have any longevity here. This back and forth with fatique is starting to wear on me, certainly.

The water builds in the container that is his hands, cupped in a bowl shape underneath the waterfall that eclipses his attempt at capturing it. With one swift motion, he swings his arms forward and toward his face, stopping just meters short, and allowing the captured water to slam against his pores. The feeling of refreshment, a clearing away of sorts, rushes over his body as the water makes contact, as well as a feeling of... Well, being wet.

(Christian): Man, when I think about these two coming up, Calum and Calib, I have to recognize that...

Christian is suddenly cut off, the door a few feet away from his bedroom reveals several deep, purposeful knocks. Christian becomes inquisitive, and turns off the water to be able to listen in that general direction, wondering what he will hear. The pattern of knocks happen again, this time joined with the accompanying sound of a radio, almost police-issue like, going off outside the door. The radio was so quiet, it appeared almost as if it wasn't wanting to be heard. Christian takes a step toward the door when he hears a voice call out from the other side.

Mr... Andrews? Police. Would you mind opening up for a minute?

Christian's mind starts racing, definitely curious as to what happened that was deserving of police arriving at his hotel room. Christian steps over his nice dress shirt that was thrown to the side of the room from a long and interesting day prior. He approaches the door, and unlocks the big bolt that is supposed to be his security. Christian pushes down on the handle, opening the door and reveals the man on the other side, standing next to a woman, both dressed in what looked like legit cop uniforms. It's at this point that Christian realizes, he's only wearing basketball shorts at this point and slowly turns away from the cops, although not out of any shy feeling. Rather, the light from the hall of the hotel was blinding his eyes that were trained and focused on the darkness that surrounded his entire hotel room. Christian speaks first.

(Christian): Hmm, and to what do I owe this pleasure Officer.... Johnson?

Christian almost has to shield his eyes and squint as he tries to read the name on the officer's name badge that sits so proudly above his left chest. Johnson though? What type of generic, every other person's last name type of last name is that? Christian shrugs it off.

(Officer Johnson): Sorry to bother you Mr... Andrews, my partner and I were following up on some leads and we were lead to believe that you and Mr... Calum Jason had some sort of relationship? We just had a couple questions about...

(Christian): You might want to rethink where it is that you get your information from. I have a match with Calum Jason and another competitor by the name of Calib Wallace coming up on Wednesday. That's the only connection I have with either of those two men, and...

The officer cut into Christian's statement, returning the favor for when Christian cut him off. He took a step to the side, getting closer to his partner, before returning words back toward Christian who was standing in the doorway, still shirtless.

(Officer Johnson): Yes, well we tried to connect with Mr... Wallace and somebody cut us off and told us he was busy, and then shooed us away. It was actually quite rude, although if you know another way to contact..

(Christian): You're not listening to me. I do not know either of these two men, I have no connections to them other than in less than 72 hours, they will be standing across the ring from me trying to tear me limb from limb, as I will also be returning the favor. Now if you'll excuse me, the rest of this conversation is going to be a waste of time and I have some things I need to attend to.

Before the officers could attest, Christian had backed out of the door way and closed the door, effectively and conclusively ending the conversation regardless of the other parties opinions. Christian took a step back and pondered what type of trouble Calum could be in, if the police were asking about him specifically. Never the less, it was not his business and he definitely had no intentions on taking anything more on his plate than he already has. Christian takes a deep breath in, and although he's been in this room a hundred times since he's gotten here, he still has to take it all in.

(Christian): This better not be an excuse for Calum not to bring his A game. I hope he understands the gravity of the situation, that anything less than his A game will be a fatal mistake...

As Christian's eyes settle on the kitchen, it occurs to him exactly how hungry he is. The hunger sneaks up like your girlfriend showing up to your wife's birthday party, and the nauseous feeling follows thoroughly as well. Christian starts walking toward the kitchen, considering his breakfast options when a knock is heard at the door again. This time it's a little softer, kinder if you will, and a different rhythm altogether. Christian is shocked that the cops are still out there wanting to talk, and this time it sounds like the other cop was the one initiating it. He turns quickly, the hunger turning to anger slowly but surely, as he walks back toward the front door. Grabbing a hold of the handle, he yanks down and pulls the door open, the annoyance clear in his actions. However, as quickly as the emotions built, they faded when he saw her standing there. Not the cops, not his opponents on Wednesday, but that sweet little girl that he's known for more years than he'd like to admit.

(Mystery Girl): Hey Stranger!

Later On In The Morning...

The scene spawns to life with a girl, who we now know to be recognized as Anna Grace, sits across from her friend and XWF Superstar, Christian Andrews. Although her relationship to Christian is still not known, it's obvious that they have some sort of friendship going on that dates back some time now. They say a picture paints a thousand words, so we'll try this on for size.

[Image: 636331488571256875-Patios-059.JPG]

As they sit across from each other, Anna Grace laughs and shoves a hand playfully toward Christian's face. Christian catches her hand and for a brief second, holds it. The feeling of heat rushes through their faces, before Christian quickly releases her hand and she pulls it back bashfully. She smiles though, revealing a slight sense of contentment as she continues with her looks toward Christian.

(Anna Grace): Thank you for meeting with me on such short notice. I was curious how things were since I saw you a couple days ago, you haven't come back into the diner since then.

(Christian): I know, I've been really busy preparing for my match Wednesday. You are coming right?

(Anna Grace): You know I wouldn't miss it! Who are you facing again?

Christian shakes his head, smiling. His intent on bringing up his match was to excuse his absence as of late, he had no intention on going into the match details right now. Right now was about listening, growing closer, hearing the heartbeat of a woman he so elegantly cherishes, discovering more about the pleasing woman in front of him, right now was about her.

(Christian): Oh no, nope. We aren't talking about wrestling right now, my time is already consumed mostly of training and preparing for those two, I have no intention on using what little time I have to myself to think about anything else other than you.

Anna smirks, and acts taken aback. Her jaw drops as she plays off being shocked, and holds her hand to her heart as if to say "little ol' me?". She laughs as Christian looks embarrassed, not realizing he said that so abruptly. Although he can barely conceal his excitement when she blushes back towards him, not being able to hide her own feelings.

(Christian): You know what I meant.

Christian for the first time, reaches down onto the table and picks up what looks to be some sort of iced coffee drink. As he sips it, she puts her chin on her hands and stares at him like a little girl pondering a school crush. He tries not to laugh at her mocking him, but as he forces himself to hold the laugh in, he starts to choke on the coffee in his mouth. He quickly sips the rest of the coffee back in before he can spill any, and takes a big long gulp. Suddenly she pops up, the life comes springing out of her as she grabs Christian's hand.

(Anna Grace): I almost forgot! I know you don't want to talk about your current wrestling, and about your match coming up that you're preparing for, but follow me! I think I have something you'd like to see!

Christian has no time to attest as she pulls him to his feet. The two of them walk, still hand in hand mind you, around the building and through a nearby fence that has a hole just big enough for Christian to fit through, which means it was a huge gaping hole of course, because Christian is a big guy. As they approach the other side, she leads him up to a back door to what looks like a building full of offices, and although Christian can't see the front, the place already seems to be raining of familiarity.

(Anna Grace): You're going to love this!

She says this with a push, forcing open the door in front of her and walking in. Since it's day light, and the building seems to have a lot of windows, the whole place seems to be lit up just for them, beckoning them in deeper as they make their way through the stairwell and to the second story. As they walk into the big corridor, Christian sees a sign on the side of the door which immediately strikes him to the core. "International Wrestling Federation" is what it read.

(Christian): Anna Grace...

(Anna Grace): Now wait, I know what you're going to say. Well, no I don't. But listen! I thought with you getting back into the ring, and having to face guys that actually bring something to the table, it would be refreshing to remind you what exactly it is your capable of. This is where we met, remember?

(Christian): I...

Anna Grace grabs Christian's hand and pulls him deeper into the offices, pointing out each desk like they were prizes on the wheel of fortune. The nostalgia overwhelms Christian as he's looking around, remembering each desk as if it were yesterday but the truth is, it was a shocking 20 years ago. Christian remembers everything clearly, reminders of both profit and loss.

(Anna Grace): Over here, where Mr.. Reed sat! Remember? "Reed between the lines", I still remember when he stunnered you after you demanded that title shot from him!

(Christian): That stung. A new 18 year old kid, on a 11-0 winning streak, I was tired of the champion continuing to run from me. I still remember his name, "The Destroyer". D couldn't run forever though and after winning the battle royal, I finally had my shot. Then Mr.. Reed tried to steal it from me, telling me that I didn't deserve it so I got into his face. He hit me with the Reed Stunner in front of thousands...

Anna Grace pauses, grabbing Christian's face and turning him toward her. She laughs, and then points to the desk next to his.

(Anna Grace): And after you pinned the Destroyer and took his championship, you denied Mr.. Reed his management offer, and then nailed him with your, then finisher at the time, Monster Bomb. The interim GM wound up taking his spot and kicking him off the board completely! Remember that?

Anna Grace laughs at the memories of that place. While she wasn't necessarily around, she came shortly after this, she remembers watching him on Television. She enjoyed the IWF, it was the biggest promotion of it's time in the entire world. More than just the IWF though, she enjoyed... Well, that's neither here nor there.

(Christian): The youngest world champion in the world ever to grace the IWF with his presence, and I was so naive. I was confused into finding my worth there, so when the IWF kicked me out for attacking the board of directors when they tried to steal my championship from me, I was lost. I got signed to the UXW pretty close after, but the downfall of my career started before I could even get my career going. Being world champ at the UXW meant nothing to me, because the IWF still had their doors open and people were still stealing my spotlight. My arrogance, my pride... It sure enough was my downfall.

Anna sighs at Christian's recollection of things. She does this playful smirk and elbows Christian in the side. He snaps out of his flashback and turns to her, realizing that she's now sitting on the big black desk that's separate from the others, it had it's own office. Christian stops in mid walk, stunned. How could he have forgotten?

(Anna Grace): You always forget about the end. When the IWF asked you to come back for their last show, and you defeated the World Champion and the Undisputed Champion and locked yourself in as their final Hall of Fame inductee at just what... 23?

(Christian): 22.

(Anna Grace): Oh my. See? And this was your desk. They sold to the RK Network, and they asked you to be on their board. You denied the request because your love for wrestling superseded their need for your position.

(Christian): It was also my desire for fame. My need for my name to be in the lights. One more World title, one more Championship reign... It was always one more. It was never enough. Until...

Anna Grace has heard this story before, only once and not fully. She bit her lip in anticipation, and her body tensed up with nervousness. This is never an easy story to hear, much less tell. As she braced for impact, voices from below caught both of them off guard. Anna Grace chuckles and slides herself off the desk and next to Christian's side. Whispering...

(Anna Grace): It must be the security guards. Shh. We can sneak out the back, we just have to wait to figure out which side of the stairwell they are coming up on.

Christian however, looks around suspiciously. With the office being pretty much the same, hell even the plaque on the wall that says IWF is still sitting pretty, Christian wonders if this place is even being used at all. As he continues to look around, his suspicions are confirmed when he notes the old computers in the office, the ones from when he originally was here. This office isn't modern, updated, or used in any way shape or form. Those people that are here, can't be security guards, because there's nothing to guard.

Trying not to arouse her suspicion, Christian smiles and nods at her suggestion. He looks toward the back stairwell, the one that they came in through, and starts planning his exit route in his head. Anna Grace moves her body closer to Christian's, her nervousness showing through her body shaking with chills, or excitement, you can't really tell which one. Christian's tense body however is for a completely different reason.

(Christian): Follow me.

Christian smiles, trying to make his pitch sound warm and friendly, even though he's gritting back the feeling of anxiety that whoever is downstairs probably has morally reprehensible views and aren't there for a good time. He moves over to the stairwell and slowly creeps the door open looking at the stairs going down. He slides out as Anna Grace follows him closely, her breath tickling his back.

(Christian): Until we're out, no more talking okay?

Anna nods, her smile playful and her excitement now showing clear as day. He starts his way down the stairs and finds himself at the bottom, the door to the exit being mere feet away from the door to the front offices on the bottom floor. Anna lets out a slight chirp, a glee of excitement that they made it to the bottom and they are going to get out. Unfortunately for them, the door to the front offices open at the same time.

(Christian): Dangitt!

Christian tries to shoo Anna Grace back upstairs and successfully does it but two men come out of the office and catch Christian who was trying to follow suit. Christian turns back around and finds the two men staring at him, both holding what would be assumed as a not so legal pistol in their hands.

(Guy 1): Who are you?

(Guy 2): It doesn't matter, you shouldn't be here. Bad day to drop by.

(Christian): I'm part owner of the buildings, I was just stopping by to see what my colleagues had been up to, only to my despair, I realized they weren't...

One of the men lean forward and using the butt of the gun, hit Christian in the mouth with it interrupting him. Anna Grace holds in a gasp and as Christian looks up the stairs, he quickly looks away from her and back on to the two guys, trying to keep his composure. He can't let anything happen to her.

(Guy 2): Did it seem like we were looking for answers? What do you have in your pocket? Give it to me.

Christian sighs, grabbing the little wad of cash that he had out of his pocket and handing it to the second guy. The first guy laughs, and mocks Christian. The second guy then points the pistol at Christian and cocks it.

(Guy 1): Wait. Don't do that, he's not worth it and you really don't want to give away our spot just because some lunatic decided to check out our building. And look at him, he doesn't look like he can own anything, his poor ass probably was trying to sleep here for the night.

(Guy 2): Unnecessary. I guess so. Let's get out of here then.

Christian lets out a deep breath he was holding in as the two guys turn toward the door. The first guy pushes it open but as he's taking a step out, the second guy turns back around and with one big swing, nails Christian on the side of the head with the pistol again. The guy then laughs and follows his friend out of the building, the door shutting behind them. Anna Grace rushes to Christian's side, a trickle of blood starting to form at the corner of Christian's head. Christian waves her off though.

(Christian): It's alright, you're safe. I'm fine, I've taken a lot worse shots than that. Come on, let's get out of here too before they regret their decision.

As Christian says they might regret their decision, inside he knows for sure they will. If not from their own conscious, Christian will be back to make sure they do. Without Anna Grace. Without any bars holding him back. For now though, Anna Grace doesn't deserve to see that. Nobody deserves to see that side of Christian. He grabs her by the hand and leads her out the same doors the other two left out of. As they walk around to the front of the coffee shop that they had originally met at, Anna Grace realizes Christian doesn't want to talk about what just happened so she tries to steer the conversation back to what Christian can talk about.

(Anna Grace): This better not be an excuse for you to lose your match tomorrow.

Anna Grace smiles, her playful tone restoring peace and order back into Christian's mind. The conversation returns to a playful one, as he returns the favor by poking her in the ribs. She keels over and exclaims in pain, over-selling the poke as she falls to the ground holding her side. Christian rolls his eyes, then finally bends over to help her up. As he does, he looks her right in the eye and he's pretty firm in his response.

(Christian): I won't lose.

.:: End Transmission ::.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Christian_Andrews's post:
Calum Jason (04-10-2018)