Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:57 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Maybe This Was A Bad Idea (Part 3)
Calib Wallace Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(the perfect heel; hated even by the fans who usually cheer heels; pisses off internet fans too)

04-09-2018, 10:42 PM

“It's almost time.”

“Mere days frankly.”

“I've never had butterflies like this in a wrestling match. I've wrestled all over the world for man accolades and never, ever, have I had the twists in my body like this.”

“I hope I can still do this. I can't deal with another loss, especially on the come up. I know I'm better than anyone in this company, I've proven that with my pedigree.”

“The problem is; I don't know if I can still do it.”

“I tried to casually invite Demetrius back to the game and his wife shot that shit down quickly. I know that was a shot in the dark, but it's a good comfort blanket. Another dude I can style on to build my confidence.”

“It's shitty, I get that, but at this point I need to do anything I can to restore any confidence I may have lost in the layoff.”

“Who am I kidding. I'm Calib Wallace. I'm all the confidence I need. I'm Calib fuckin Wallace. I'm the deal.”

“Bitch.”

[4-8-18, Sunday afternoon. Wallace estate.]

???: Look Calib, you know the backlash last time this happened.

Wallace: I know, but it worked.

???: No. It didn't at all. In fact, it may have been the opposite of working.

[Wallace looks baffled by this.]

Wallace: How the hell you figure it didn't work? I made a choice, and I felt like it paid off ten fold.

???: Bro, you lost the minute you took that path. You turned you back on the fans for your ego, and that was it.

Shanahan: I can't believe you think this is a good idea. Your call Calib, but don't ask me for anything if you go this route and fail.

Wallace: Calib Wallace doesn't fail, even with this.

Shanahan: Tell that to Demetrius after he ran you out of the building.

Wallace: This time will be different.

???: Your funeral.

[Wallace lifts his hands to his chest and closes his eyes, setting the item back on the table.]

[The last time we saw Calib in his life make a deal that was terrible, and ruined everything as it seems right now, was joining forces with Ryan Cooke. For those of you new to the character, we broke it down a few days ago. He aligned with his life long enemy for greed and power, only to completely blow everything and fall down the rabbit hole of mediocrity. A little over eight years later, it seems as this is what it comes down to again.]

[Ryan Cooke has power. Power in many things that can change the fate and lifestyle of a person in a single snap of the fingers. Calib knows that, and with him backing himself in a corner being all or nothing come Warfare, your mind makes you doubt yourself it seems.]

[Not even a ego like Calib has can do enough to fix his confidence.]

[Damn. Time to face the music and see what this is all about.]

[Were advancing in the future, don't have the exact time here. Apologizes.]

Shanahan: I told ya man. It was a bad idea.

[Wallace sits distraught, his face buried into his sweaty hands, as the nerves are through the roof. He was proven wrong, and once again, he is what he cannot manage to ever accept.]

[A loser.]

Wallace: This is shit. Utter shit.

???: Told ya bro.

Wallace: One more time.

[Calib reaches down again and picks up the item.]

Wallace: I'm doing it again.

Shanahan: Your funeral Calib.

Wallace: Your on my side Derek!

Shanahan: He's family though.

???: He's right Calib. Were family.

[We see Demetrius Burrell sitting next to Calib as he comes into focus.]

Wallace: Y'all are in my head, jerseys don't matter.

[Facepalm.]

Wallace: Lonzo is droppin 40.

Burrell: You cant win with the old Minneapolis jerseys, never could. Your cursed.

[By the way, this is all over a game of NBA 2k18. Calib could go 100-0 against Demetrius, but when he takes the Minneapolis Lakers jerseys, he can't win.]

[This had nothing to do with wrestling, or the Ryan Cooke history.]

[Wait.......that's my bad, I didn't mean to make this all seem to serious for our trusty asshole Calib Wallace. Hell, Cooke may be dead at this point, nobody knows. He's not in this story.]

[The two begin their battle on the sticks again as we fade from the group.]

“So Tasha gonna kill you for being here?”

[We see Calib and Demetrius sitting out on his deck with cigars. It's the middle of the night, quiet, but a different feeling is in the air.]

[It's the feel of that first day at your new job. It's almost as if you left one for another, and it was the same type of job, but a different company, yet your still a bit uneasy as if you have forgot how it all works.]

[Sometimes it isn't a bad thing, butterflies that is. Nerves are good. Shows you want to succeed and are afraid to fail.]

Burrell: Eh, she will get over it.

Wallace: Appreciate it.

Burrell: Any time I can get in that ass on the sticks I'll take the lashing for it.

Wallace: Bro, you won one game!

Burrell: And it was as satisfying as your many.

[Calib smirks, shaking his head as he leans back in his chair.]

Wallace: I fly out in the morning. Can't believe I'm giving this another run. I want this shit so bad, almost as much as I did before.

Burrell: Man you hate not being in the spotlight. I thought this would have happened years sooner to be honest. Your my dude man, always will, but a asshole like you feeds off of the spotlight of being able to show people reasons you think your better than they are.

Wallace: You see this crib? I'm way better than those scrubs I'm facing.

Burrell: My point exactly. What took so long?

Wallace: To be real, I'm afraid to fail again. After I sold out, I had the confidence of the richest man on the planet. I thought I could do anything I wanted because I had that one guy in my pocket that always brought me down from the top. Then I stepped in with you and couldn't get the job done even.

Burrell: What does that mean? Couldn't get the job done even?

Wallace: Look man, it ain't personal. I gotta always have that mentality that I'm the guy. Team Wallace man, why wouldn't I think I couldn't be touched by you. I underestimated you though, and you had the heart I didn't have, and I couldn't face it. Low key man, I was embarrassed I lost. Not meant to be a dig, but being real, it really killed me. I yelled at Cooke man, asked dude where the fuck my backup was when Rockwell was with Kaladaro, he just smirked and told me he knew I'd fail and make excuses. I left, and never looked back.

Burrell: As much as I'd like to slap the shit outta ya right now, I get it. I'd be lying if I didn't say it was easy riding off your name. I knew my ability, but it worked. Hell it actually ended up being a good thing as we made quite the run from it. The problem isn't though just my heart, but the fact you turned your back and made it personal with me. I was just able to set that aside and realize the prize was beating you. I was your Minneapolis Lakers jerseys.

[Calib takes a sip of his whiskey, enjoying the bite the aftertaste gives from the cigar. He swirls around his whiskey cubes in the glass before standing up.]

Wallace: You should come with me.

[Demetrius chokes for a moment on his drink.]

Burrell: Da fuck?

Wallace: You should come with me on the trip. Help with the jitters and shit.

Burrell: Hell nah man, I don't want that wrath from Tasha. I know how this goes. I tell her about your idea, she begins with the; 'first your a fan, then you help train, then your in his corner, now you get new gear and your in the ring again and blowing out your knees again in six months' yadda yadda yadda. Not worth that shit Calib.

Wallace: Yeah your probably right. I don't know anyway if I can handle you and Shanny on such a long road trip.

[Wallace laughs at the angered Burrell. He leans over the railing on the deck, taking another sip.]

Wallace: If I lose dude, I may jet and just say fuck it.

Burrell: Why?

Wallace: If I go from main eventing huge ass shows back in the Alliance days to doing the match worse than the curtain jerker, and lose.....why waste my time with this at 38?

Burrell: Cause you gotta get the rust off bro. You act like your still the dude that was cleaning up every night in the ring. That cat is gone now, and it's a new life for you. Who knows what you end up in that ring.

Wallace: That's what scares me. I used to knock bitches out with one kick or right hand. My strikes feared people. My luck now, I chop the rapper dude and he just smiles and drops me with a shot.

Burrell: From what Shanny said, the rapper dude isn't the worker, it's the skinny ass dude they hang with.

Wallace: Even worse! That other dude is a hoss also. Scares the shit outta me.

Burrell: Yeah that dude has size like that one dude we used to see in Outlaw....

[He snaps his fingers trying to remember.]

Wallace: Oh, Diablo?

Burrell: Kinda yeah. Just some lumbering dude that looks like the end boss from a Streets of Rage game.

Wallace: True.

Burrell: So go for Calum, take the little guy out.

Wallace: You know any white dude who has homies like that must have done something crazy to get their respect. I bet he shanks me or some shit.

[Calib obviously doesn't know Calum want's nothing to do with this it seems from the journey he is taking to New Zealand.]

[Seems Christian Andrews is the only one with 100% confidence.]

[Advantage big dude.]

Wallace: I'll make it work. I gotta stay confident.

Burrell: A Calib Wallace wouldn't blow it against two jobbers.

Wallace: That's what I'm saying!

[Calib walks back to his seat as the two cheers their glasses and take one last drink.]

Wallace: Still say you should come with me.

Burrell: Fuck that noise.

[Fade.]
Edit Hate Post Like Post