Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 10:07 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Given what was described above would you be opting in for the next PPV?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
92.86%
13 92.86%
No
7.14%
1 7.14%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback wanted! The next XWF Pay Per View - Please Read and Respond
Darius Xavier Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-07-2018, 04:47 AM

The next Pay Per View is scheduled for May 13th, which is roughly 5 weeks away. This PPV like most will have a two week roleplay cycle however what we would like to do this go around is bring back something that was done in the XWF of old. I mean really old, like back when Peter Gilmour was in his late 20's and chasing teenagers wasn't nearly as creepy.

So here is what we would like to do. The match itself will be a Royal Rumble style match with eliminations. Each person that opts in would be given a user account and password that only they, myself and one other staff member will know. The goal is for you to try to obscure who you are IN CHARACTER by changing up your roleplay style, hiding your actual identity, both OOC and IC. By OOC I mean don't talk about your roleplays on the boards, or on Discord so as to not give yourself away.

As part of the goal of hiding your identity, if you have any current ongoing storylines with your characters it would be wise to temporarily drop them for this rp cycle otherwise you run the risk of giving yourself away.

This event will give people the freedom to be whoever they want and do whatever they want, within reality of course. You can't roleplay as a 7 foot dick unless you are wearing a big pink dick costume in which case that could potentially be hilarious. But keep in mind that we don't you to roleplay as some inanimate object. We need to believe you are a person and a wrestler who is concealing who you are.

Judging will be pretty standard. There will be two staff members primarily responsible for putting the pay per view together, they will not be participating in the event themselves. This ensures full integrity. Any staff member that does participate will not know anyone else's true identities.

If you give yourself away in your rp's you will be penalized heavily. How severely will depend on how bad you slip up. Is it just once and almost innocuous? Or is it repeatedly to the point where basically anyone can figure out who you are? If you do that there is a good chance you will be eliminated pretty quickly.

Remember the goal is secrecy. If someone figures you out you can try to argue you are someone else IC but OOC wise the judges will know because WHEN YOU OPT IN you have to say WHO YOU ARE OPTING IN AS! Whoever you opt in as must have had at least ONE match previously in the XWF. You will opt in on the booking thread that we create like you would for any other show.

Now before we move forward with getting the boards set up and a booking thread we want to know from you the roster if this Pay Per View sounds like something you would be interested in? If enough people are excited about the prospect of the challenges and freedom this PPV allows then we will move forward, if most people don't like the idea we will do something else.

Also of note, the prize for winning this PPV will allow the winner a 6 month window in which they will be excused from the one singles title rule. Meaning you will get a chance to challenge for and hold every singles title in the fed as well as the tag team titles. You will be able to make one challenge for each singles title during that six month span however if you challenge for the title and lose the match you can not challenge for that title again during the 6 month window. You will however still be able to challenge for the other singles titles. Keep in mind though the more titles you have the harder it will be for you to defend them all. No quarter will be given.

Please vote above.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-07-2018, 06:49 AM

Wait, is this Rumble the whole show?

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Shit yeah I'm in on this

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
Pestalance Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-07-2018, 11:04 AM

I could rock with that!
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Every character would have the option to be IN the "Zero Tolerance Rumble" (zero tolerance for letting your chosen XWF character be identified IC or OOC by others as your established XWF character)

Even champs would have the option and be encouraged, but then those champs would obviously have some sort of title defense scheduled on a weekly show soon after just to make sure titles are being defended.

Champs who opt out of the rumble would be scheduled to defend their titles at the PPV in normal matches.

For this particular type of rumble to work, we are going to assume every person who DID NOT VOTE is voting NO. We're reaching here to see if we get enough YES answers to actually make it worth it and make it fun. If not, no biggie, we can definitely come up with something else interesting for the upcoming PPV but it's been many many years since we did a ZT Rumble so we wanted to kind of feel out the current roster and see if enough people would be into the idea.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

04-07-2018, 01:14 PM

Also, before it starts happening, don't vote for the same answer with multiple accounts. You won't have the option of entering as multiple accounts. You will have the option of choosing ONE of your characters to opt in as privately, and then RP as secretly before its revealed either in your final RP who you were or revealed in the PPV itself which code name your character literally was.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

04-07-2018, 01:18 PM

GT, I want you to reconsider your NO vote. It was me who originally planted this returning concept idea into the staff's heads!

Hate Post Like Post
Frodo mother fucking Smackins Offline
Big Dick Playa

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

04-07-2018, 03:28 PM

I'm interested, but unsure I could participate for reasons. Will have a better more definitive answer Tuesday.

[Image: ZXX7HJw.png?1]

Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-07-2018, 03:45 PM

Well, I guess my vote is "cool idea", but I'll be planning to defend the Uni against somebody and not participating in the rumble itself. I personally think the Uni should be defended at the show, and the rumble prize better suited to somebody who's not already holding a title.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

04-07-2018, 04:20 PM

Too complicated.. I'm out

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Ms.Hyde Offline

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

04-07-2018, 05:22 PM

So what happens after the six months are over? What if a person has more than one singles championship, do they get to choose the one they keep and do any other single titles just get put as vacant? I like the idea and I think it could make for interesting roleplays it's just what happens after the six months I'm confused about.

[Image: Shmfi4X.png?1]
[Image: rmeHP2e.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

04-07-2018, 06:11 PM

If after six months the person has multiple singles titles then they would retain them until they lose them. At which point they would go back to being restricted to just one singles title at a time.
Hate Post Like Post