Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Act XIV: My Empire (Part 3)
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

04-09-2018, 08:02 PM

"Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."

~ Bruce Lee

A Small Recap... Said:The Kaiser, Finn Kühn, has gone on the warpath. After receiving his first, yet brief set of teachings from a mysterious, yet capable woman before Turning Point, Finn reclaimed his family's sword, dating all the way back to the Kaiserreich. In addition, Finn received multiple sapphire-and-diamond rings, family heirlooms passed down for generations to serve as the mark of the Kaiser's followers.

And gather followers, Finn has. On the most recent Warfare, Finn and Scully united as they beat down XWF's "Power Couple," Chris Chaos and Jenny Myst. Under the banner "Paragon," the duo has promised to bring about a sort of changing of the guard as both Finn and Scully look to seek what's there's and claim their spot in the Main Event scene for good. In addition, Finn gave an ominous promise that same show, saying how he had more members in the back waiting to be unveiled. This promise would come true during the Engineer's Great American Shove-It, when Chris Valley was revealed as a member of the group. Could there be more people with Paragon? How did he even get Scully or Chris Valley to join his group? Could he defeat the returning legend Griffin MacAlister in a Steel Cage match this Warfare? Could he keep his mind focused on his looming match with Chris Chaos for the XWF Television Championship? And what of Finn's soon-to-come showdown with the Universal Champion, the Engineer?

These questions, and more, lingered on the Kaiser and his fans' minds...

31 March 2018
The Wink Hotel
Washington, DC

"Finn!" The familiar voice cut through the air, as Finn Kühn paused limping to the elevator as he noticed Jon Williams, his best friend, and Isabel Mercier, his talent agent, running up to him.

"That. Was. AMAZING! I mean, you went through THREE matches! Dude, I popped off so hard when you took that desk and bashed that bitch Jenny Myst-"

Finn cracked a small smile as Jon kept rambling on; it was the most his tired body would allow him to do after the excruciating hell he just put himself through. And, well, it was worth it in the end, wasn't it? Jon kept fangasming, completely at a loss as he was amazed Finn had it in him to go the distance.

"So, is this the time to note that you also have a match scheduled for this upcoming Warfare?" Isabel interrupted, a smile also on her face as well.

Jon stopped, looking at Isabel as Finn also raised an eyebrow. "That tag title match with me and Scully get booked against Graves and Engy or what?"

"Uh, about that..." Isabel rubbed her hands together nervously, her smile shifting away. Judging from her eyes, Finn already knew the answer as his teeth gritted together.

"What the hell?!" he said in pure disbelief. "How many times have my proposed matches been stomped upon?! And my prize from Turning Point has essentially been tossed through the mud now! I swear, once I get the lawyers on their asses..." Clenching his hands, Finn felt pure venom overtake his senses, almost as if he was seeing red. What he wouldn't give to just slide his hands around Vincent Lane's throat...

Isabel held up a hand to try and calm Finn down before talking again. "I get you're upset. I would be too. I don't like that the tag title shot went to Peter fucking Gilmour of all people--"

"And he's ANOTHER fucker!" Finn ran his hands through his hair, pacing around as some passer bys looked unnerved at the sight of a sweaty, red man quickly becoming furious. "That fat blob can barely win a match to save his life, and yet I'M supposed to wait at the back of the line for HIM?! Get real! The tag titles would already be in Paragon's possession if that fucker Lane could properly book a damn card to save his life! Goddammit..." Finn clenched his fists, the hard nails pressing into his skin as his anger was rising with every word uttered.

"Hear me out though. This could work out to our advantage," Isabel said.

"How do you mean?"

Isabel chuckled, saying, "It's simple. Your little attack on Graves put him on the shelf, this time for a MUCH longer period than what was originally slated for. Some rumors have cropped up saying he might be done for good. I don't know, nor do I care."

"Wait, if Graves is done, then what's happening to the tag titles? SURELY the defense must be postponed?" Finn asked.

Isabel shook her head. "Not quite," she revealed. "Gilmour is still getting his title shot with his mystery partner, which means Engy had to Freebird the title to his son, Joachim Bright."

"Engy has a SON?!" Finn exclaimed. He could feel his jaw going slack as he was at a lost for words. Jon and Isabel were not amused.

"..."

"...How do you expect to try and win the Universal title if you're not keeping up with your competition?"

Finn threw his hands up as he said, "Oh, sue me! I have better things to do than watch some mental case's promos." Finn paced the halls scratching his chin as he was in thought. "Although... you might be right in that it benefits us." Another small smirk made it's way onto Finn's face, a welcome reprieve of his anger.

"Wait, I'm lost here," Jon said. "Joachim got Freebirded in, cool. But this is the fucking Engineer we're talking about! Surely they'll be holding the titles... right?"

"Ever so naive, Jon." Finn shook his head, frowning. "Either one of two things will happen. First off, and the more obvious outcome. Joachim is an entirely new wrestler, and hasn't gotten a proper training session yet before Jim Caedus' untimely demise at the hands of that fucker Chris Chaos. For all intents and purposes, the Engineer is fighting a handicap match against Peter Gilmour and his mystery partner that evidently MUST be a big-shot. So, even with a talent of Engy's caliber, eventually..."

"He has to fall. He'll drop the titles to Gilmour and his mystery partner..."

Jon snapped his fingers, realizing what Finn was going on about. "...which will make things easier for you and Scully to get the tag titles!"

"Bingo," Finn nodded.

"Damn, you have a point. I might still be against this whole 'Paragon' idea or whatever you're calling your team, but I have to admit, that's smart. But... what's the other thing?"

"Simple," Finn said confidently. "Gilmour has shown he can't cut it at a high enough level anymore. Big shot mystery partner or no, he's acting as a fucking anchor for his partner, which means if we're seeing THAT Gilly, this is essentially a one-on-one match between the mystery partner and Engy, in which case the odds become much more staked in Engy's favor. But that's not necessarily a bad thing either..."

"How do you mean?"

"Quite obvious what I mean. At the pay-per-view, plans haven't been announced yet, but as the norm states, every title gets defended."

"Every."

"Title."

"Gets."

"Defended."

"You catch my drift?"

It takes Jon a few seconds, but he snaps his fingers again in realization. "OOOOOHHHH!" he exclaimed. "He'll have to pull double duty! At the very least, he'll have to drop one of the titles to either you or to two other Paragon members!"

Finn nodded again. "Exactly. Trust me, guys, this will be in the bag. Once the next pay-per-view rolls around, it's time we claim our spot for good."

Both Isabel and Jon nodded back, the latter seemingly hesitant before doing so. "With that said, tomorrow morning - much as my body is going to revolt against me for this - we'll be travelling back to Australia and check in at our reservations at the hotel for the next Warfare. That being said... good night. And thank you. Both."

All three seemingly satisfied, they went their separate ways to their rooms. Finn limped back to his room, his body pulsating with pain. Part of him thought doing this was a mistake, though he knew that part would be eating their words by the time the morning rolled around. Finn needed this title shot, with every fiber of his being. He wanted to prove to Engy, to himself, to EVERYONE that he was able to claim the top prize of this industry. He needed to prove that he was indeed a talent of Universal proportions.

Finn slowly turned the doorknob, sighing as he went inside. He allowed his mind to drift - Paragon was starting to come together already. First Scully, and now seemingly Chris Valley as well - he hadn't expected Chris to join prior to the event, but he surely was not going to complain. Three official members strong already, a hungry newcomer, a veteran who - much like Finn - was eager to show that he was able to command the respect he deserved, and Finn himself, who was about to fight in THE biggest match in his career.

It was times like this where he had to go back and question how he was able to even piece this together in the first place.

27 March 2018
Blackbird Ordinary
Miami, Florida

SLAM!

The doors of the black Ferrari were tightly closed as both Finn Kühn and Isabel Mercier stepped out. The weather was slowly becoming better as Spring was finally here, but the night chill forced their breaths to come out in small, whispy puffs. Finn cracked his knuckles as he let out a sigh - he was here for something, or rather, someone. He hated to have to swallow his pride like this, but it was necessary for this.

Finn turned over to Isabel. "And you're sure he's in there?" Finn asked hesitantly, his brows furrowed.

"I'm ninety percent positive," Isabel nodded.

"Only ninety?" Finn questioned. Isabel merely responded with a shrug. Finn sighed again; he relied on Isabel's tracking skills-- the same tracking skills that got his talent agent in contact with Finn in the first place. He hoped he didn't make a mistake by relying on Isabel...

Finn walked through the door, holding it open for Isabel as a few people noticed the Kaiser and began speaking in hushed whispers. He merely rolled his eyes at those people though; they were annoying, but he wasn't going to get caught up over them. No, who demanded Finn's attention was a certain, familiar figure sitting down at the bar, taking off his coat as he spoke with the bartender, no doubt placing an order.

It was Scully.

Scully sighed; this peace and quiet was what was needed for him. The Blackbird Ordinary was almost a sort outlet for him: he needed a place to relax, and his wife, Natalie - bless her soul - was going out to a Bon Jovi concert. Not a problem for the former Universal Champion, who could use a hard drink or two to unwind. Finn stepped forward, wasting no time as Scully was busy taking a Budweiser from the bartender as Finn stood directly behind him.

"Ahem."

Scully turned around immediately, and was surprised to see the Kaiser, Finn Kühn and Isabel Mercier staring back at him.

"Finn? Isabel? Don't you guys see me enough around the backstage area?! What do you want?" Scully's brows furrowed in shock and anger as he was surprised to see the duo here.

Finn crossed his arms, clearly looking disgruntled. "Yeah, I don't wanna have to do this either, but it's pretty necessary given how your luck has been recently."

"Do what? And luck? Fuck Luck! Fuck-A-Duck! Chaos is what you call lucky and well I'm going to make sure that luck won't be on his side, next time I get my hands on that fucktard!" Scully threw his arms up and turned back to the bar, and his bottle of Budweiser.

Finn glanced at Isabel. "Tell him before I change my mind and want to put a bullet in my brain."

Isabel rolled her eyes. "The gist of it is that we want to team up with you. And we really need you to say yes, I don't want to have all the resources I pooled into tracking you down go to waste."

"Team with me? Pfffft.... so basically Isabel, you fancy Scully so you stalked me? Shy are we?! And Finn I'll happily get you a gun so you can do us a favour. Now, if you will, excuse me whilst I enjoy my Bud." Scully took a deep sip of his Budweiser, savoring the cheap beer.

"In that case, sign me the fuck u--" Finn was quickly shushed with a hard elbow into his side by Isabel.

"Trust me, Scully, no matter how..." Isabel chokes back a gag. "...desirable you are, this is purely for business. And this is a business offer you can't refuse."

Finn and Isabel sat next to Scully on opposite sides. The bartender pointed to Finn, who merely responded with, "Guinness." Pointing at Isabel next, she merely shook her head no.

Scully was practically ready to burst out in anger against the Kaiser and his agent. "Did I say you can sit next to me? Free world and all that but here I am trying to enjoy some me time and here comes you two, asking me to join forces? I'm a former XWF Universal Champion, damn it! Did you see that Shitty match I had on Savage with those two dykes? I don't want meaningless contests, well you can't even call it that! Scully is riding solo and fuck da XWF. I'll be my own UNION!"

Finn sighed, and swallowed his pride again. He needed to do something, and quickly. "July 23rd, 2016. Is that a date that sounds familiar to you?"

"I believe that is MY greatest night in XWF history. 2016 though? You get what I'm saying? A long time coming don't you think?!" Another deep swig of the beer from Scully.

"You're damned right it was your greatest night-- you finally reached the pinnacle of this company, seized your destiny and claimed the Universal Championship. But tell me... What did that do for you? Did that win you some respect? Did the fans flock to you like wildfire? The answer is no." The bartender slid Finn his Guinness down the bar, which he accepted with a nod.

"There's 3 things the morons say about Scully...

Number 1... .
Number 2.... Lost the Universal title to fucking Gilmour.
Number 3... Lost the Xtreme title to Ghost Tank..

They forget I was undefeated to Loverboy Vinnie Lane, I took the Uni off him. I won the Xtreme Championship off McBride and defended it against him successfully aswell as defending against all comers in 24/7. Yet I sucked as Xtreme Champ? I took my eye off the ball once and it had to be to GT didn't it? But hey no one gives Raven grief, the gimp just won the Xtreme Championship on two occasions recently and lost them straight away. Forget the fact I was part of The Union and their hasn't been a faction as great since. Nooo.. Fuck Apex and screw The Motherfuckers. They ain't got shit on The Union and neither does Chaos and his gay empire. Bitches please.. Pffft....."

"But that's my point exactly. You hit the nail on the head. As accomplished of a competitor as you are, you've been kicked around and mercilessly verbally abused by a lot of people here. You've gone toe to toe with legends here, and you haven't got your proper due. Sound familiar?" Finn knew this was it. Hook, line and sinker - hopefully. Hopefully, Scully would go along with it...

"Yes it does, Finn. We've had words and we NEVER got our one on one match. Grande Ricardo intervened and what happened? He just got put in our match to make it a triple threat, not too mention making it a 'Bopper Match'. Hell thats why i got disqualified on purpose, fuck that pathetic shit. Speaking of Ricardo, where is he since I smashed his face in? No where to be seen.

I've watched you grow in the XWF but where's your title opportunity? Huh?

Basically in the Xtreme Wrestling Federation it goes like this: If you don't kiss management's ass, you get nothing. Or if you're not American, you don't get opportunities in the so called 'Land of opportunities.'

My advice to you, Finn. Make YOUR own path just like me and The Union did."

Finn smiled. Bingo. He had Scully right where he wanted him, just as Isabel spoke. "Well that was kind of the basic idea we had in mind. Why else would we go through so much trouble to find you?"

Finn nodded in response. "She's right. Scully, we can rule this damned federation together. Two people, the ideal standard of professional wrestling, staking out to claim their destiny and command the world's respect."

"We're two of the same, you know. An earthly... paragon? As Shakespeare put it as? And you and I both know there's more like us in this federation. Disgruntled employees who want their fair due. Talented newcomers who wish to stake their claim on the mountain of success. We can be the trail blazers that start this, Scully. We could be..."

"A Paragon."
Finn extends his hand forward towards Scully as he takes a small gulp of his Guinness. "What do you say?"

"What do I say?

Well let me put it like this:
I've left this company before and went back to an old wrestling federation that I used to rule. It sucked that time around so I came back to XWF. This was before I even won the Uni. I've been offered to join other companies since but the Xtreme Wrestling Federation is like a drug and I'm addicted to the place, no matter what I may feel about certain political shit.

I believe me and you, could actually dominate the joint. I accept..."
Scully firmly grasped Finn's hand in his own, both wrestlers sporting malicious grins.

Finn shook Scully's hand vigorously. "Welcome aboard then," Finn said. "Trust me, there will be PLENTY of other people joining as well, I'll make sure of it. We both desire power, and we'll be benefiting from a... mutually beneficial relationship to see this through, yes?"

"I'm in. It makes perfect sense, I said 2018 is the year of Scully. Well I rephrase that ...

The year of Paragon...

You never know, I might actually like you one day. Hahahaha."
Scully took yet another sip of his Budweiser, the beer almost starting to run out.

"The feeling is mutual," Finn chuckled as he got to work on downing his Guinness. The cold beer slid down his throat as he slammed the empty glass on the table, shaking his head slightly after. "For the record, this also comes with Isabel as your new talent agent. Package deal."

Isabel smiled haughtily. "I, for one, also welcome this business deal, Mister Scully."

"Less work for me. Haha. I can see this working out just fine. Care for another drink? My treat?" The malicious grin on Scully's face turned genuine.

Perhaps the grin set Finn at ease. The feelings of friendship and camaraderie born between the two, Finn got a warm feeling in his gut that told him he made the right decision. "I'd be glad to," Finn said, smiling warmly as the bartender got to work pouring another glass of Guinness.

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
(04-10-2018), Christian_Andrews (04-09-2018), Ghost Tank (04-10-2018), Scully (04-09-2018)