Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:44 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Maybe This Was A Bad Idea
Calib Wallace Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(the perfect heel; hated even by the fans who usually cheer heels; pisses off internet fans too)

03-31-2018, 09:58 PM

[4-1-18. Easter Sunday, or in this case, April Fool's Day.]

“Is this a joke?”

[To think anger isn't resting in the tone of the voice is laughable. Something sounds like a national epidemic. Something sounds like a new outbreak has hit the world. Something sounds like we finally found aliens.]

“Seriously!?!? Is this a freakin joke?”

[Unfortunately, it's none of the above. This is the words of a man who hasn't been in the limelight in nearly 10 years. That's the voice of Calib Wallace.]

“Derek, I ask you for one favor, and you literally choose one of the biggest time wasters I've ever seen. Literally! Is this a joke?!?!?”

[Now before this gets too confusing and out of hand, let's back track to the start of all this, and circle around to the matter at hand.]

[Tom's Urban, LA Live, 3-24-18, the day before Calib Wallace celebrates birthday number 38. The table seats four people, all familiar to the history of this man. To his left sits his agent, Derek Shanahan. To his right, his old friend, then enemy, then tag partner, then enemy again, then I think they had a break, and became enemies one more time, before the two of them hung up the boots, Demetrius Burrell. The fourth sits Demetrius' wife, Tasha.]

[Unimportant fact, but will make sense for some of this I'm sure. Tasha is also Derek's sister. There, that's the family tree for the table.]

Shanahan: Well I'm glad everyone was able to make it. Tasha, Demetrius, always a pleasure to have you guys come down to LA.

Burrell: Why in the hell did you have to move here anyway?

Wallace: Because man, I'm over that Minnesota life man. Shits boring. Plus if that wasn't such a perfect location for travel, I would have left before I did. We could get everywhere for bookings and still have time to rest up before the heard came from one of the coasts.

Burrell: Man you just moved here so you stopped getting shit saying your teams were the Lakers and Dodgers.

[Calib wide eyes Demetrius, sets down his beer and gives a scoff to him.]

Wallace: First off man, the Lakers were Minnesota's team first. We didn't get the wolves till we were almost ten. Second, that's a lot of bullshit coming from a Sacramento Kings fan.

[Tasha laughs.]

Tasha: Derek I'm sure you don't miss this from their wrestling days.

[Derek smiles to his sister as well before giving a faint shrug, looking at the guys.]

Shanahan: They made me a lot of money when they were cleaning up in WWA.

Burrell: And you made us a lot of money with the scheduling. Now two knees and a daughter later, I'm perfectly fine sitting on my ass all day. Calib, you look like you stayed in shape though. Your missing out bro.

[Calib, one of the most self centered people walking the earth, shakes his head at the foul comment from Demetrius.]

Wallace: When your God's gift to the world you can't take a day off. Hell you should be thanking me also for that bank account you have. There was a reason we were Team Wallace everywhere.

Tasha: I see your still the same guy Calib, never change right.

[She shakes her head and looks at her phone, taking herself away from the conversation for a moment.]

[This is also a good time as well to exit stage left, and kinda make a little more sense of this for everyone. It's been a long time for Calib, and I keep forgetting that.]

[8-16-2009. Sunday Night Showdown-Pure Pro Wrestling.]

Rockwell: You guys worry too much. I don't know what kinda of “bring your kid to work day” Shanny's got going that put Jesse Durant and Chris Kaladaro in a title match, but I'm not feeling as charitable as he is. They'll be lucky if I let them make it into the ring. And Demetrius? You can't be worried, Wallace.

[Calib looks for a second brew.]

Wallace: Shit. A Calib Wallace isn't scared of some chump like Demetrius. Kid is a puppy who needs to follow his owner around. Sadly, I ditched that bitch back to the pound.

Cooke: Well all this big talk better be enough, because I don't wanna take anything light tonight. This is where we showcase why we do what we want, and take what we want. Whenever.

Wallace: Gotcha coach.

Rockwell: So, Wallace, I've been dying to ask: has the kid always been so clueless? I never did figure out how that chump snagged the belt in the first place. What did you ever see in him?

Wallace: I grew up with him. We went to school together, the works. At first, when he stepped into the game, we didn't see eye to eye at all. Shit we went at it for months. Finally though, we just patched it up, and he decided to see things my way. Guy was a class act douche bag, and I felt like a proud parent. Then he started listening to his damn wife, and started getting all touchy and emotional, and next thing you know, the fans love him, and here we sit. A Calib Wallace said bump that noise.

[The conversation continued from there, but that is not beneficial to the story, so we press forward.]

[Same day and show, the main event of the evening. Calib Wallace vs Demetrius Burrell-No DQ.]

As Calib stumbles around, he gets another kick to the gut, and goes for the F-Bomb! Rockwell though jumps on the apron, showing off the title, as Burrell tosses Calib aside, and grabs Rockwell, causing his arms to wave around, sending the title into the ring. Wallace sees this, and covers up with the title, locking in on his enemy.

Burrell finally takes his focus off of Rockwell, only to turn around and get laid out with the strap he so covets. The fans boo as Burrell falls to the canvas, with Wallace gloating, tossing the strap back to Rockwell, before going in for the cover.

Before the 3 count, Burrell's friend Chris Kaladaro pulls the ref out, just as Calib did to him earlier! Wallace is livid as Rockwell comes over and trades shots with Kaladaro. Wallace grabs Kaladaro by the hair, pulling him to the apron. He begins to hammer him with shots to the chest, as Rockwell grabs the title and flies in with it, but Kaladaro moves, causing him to hit Wallace! Burrell comes off the top as Wallace falls to the canvas with his High Rise Frog Splash, and gets the victory over Wallace!

Winner: Demetrius Burrell via pinfall at 19:14.

[That was the last time the two would step into the ring together, and also the last time Wallace would participate in a wrestling contest.]

[Calib until recently cut ties with everyone. His ego took such a hit in losing to Demetrius that it was it. He relocated from Minnesota to Los Angeles and gave up his wrestling career. Calib had taken care of himself in his down time, and didn't spend much of his earnings over his 10 year career. He invested some as well, paying off in the long haul, and that took him to the west coast. And the fact he got Lakers tickets.]

[He won't admit it, but Lakers season tickets each year were a partial factor in the move. Probably why Demetrius taking a dig hit, but it's a sad truth.]

[Hey, a guy likes what he likes.]

[Anyway, over the last few months, Derek Shanahan has noticed Calib showing up here and there on TV at the games, and he made the effort to contact him. Calib accepted, and due to some upcoming business ventures, they made a business choice to work together. Obviously, this is where Derek brought up the idea of rekindling with Demetrius.]

[Today, the day before his birthday, the two are at the same table breaking bread for the first time in eight and a half years.]

[Now, let's go back to present time, as that should be enough of a back story to make some sense of the conversation.]

Wallace: Calib Wallace doesn't need to........

[Demetrius cuts him off at this point.]

Burrell: Bro! You still the same fool as you were eight years ago with that first person bullshit? Damn man. This is why we don't talk.

[Wallace scoffs, but sits back into his chair, taking a sip of his beer.]

Wallace: I really don't talk to anyone that I used to. It's all I know. My fault. Ya know, I left home almost a decade ago, and never looked back. It's been nice here. I laid low for a few years, let my name die down from all the hype we had in the Alliance. Now it's rare that somebody takes a picture, frankly cause they know I wont sign shit if they do recognize me.

[Tasha shakes her head looking at Demetrius.]

Tasha: Even in remorse, he's still a asshole Dee. I told you things wouldn't be different.

Wallace: And why should they? Tell me what the fuck anyone ever did for Calib Wallace and tell me what I did for people. Look at your lifestyle Tasha, I'm sure you living well in the burbs.

[Demetrius looks up before using his hands to try to calm the storm.]

Burrell: Look your both right. Tasha, I'd be a fool if I really thought he wasn't changed, but he's not wrong. When he brought me into WWA, it changed our lives. He's still a bitch that lost to me before he left, but he's not wrong.

[Shanny laughs at the pot shot, knowing he is referring to the PPW show.]

Shanahan: Guys guys guys, this is a day of celebration. Calib is turning 38, we are all together once again, and maybe it's a new chapter for us. We all made a great team. We should be happy Calib is doing well and living the dream out here in Los Angeles.

Burrell: Dream of blowing his money on Lakers tickets.

[Calib slams the table.]

Wallace: They got a better record than Cleveland since January bitch!

[We warned ya. As much as he is a asshole, he can't take a Lakers joke.]

Shanahan: OK enough of the bullshit. Calib, do you want to tell them, or should I?

[The Burrell's both turn, confused at the abrupt comment.]

Wallace: I asked Shanahan to move down to Los Angeles with me.

Burrell: What you gonna go into acting or somethin?

Tasha: Acting!?!?

[She chuckles.]

Tasha: A Calib Wallace needs to have only green M&M.........

Wallace: I'm going back into Wrestling.

[And the hush falls over the crowd!]

Burrell: Da fuck?

Wallace: You said it yourself man. I've actually put on weight, good weight. I'm up to like 230 right now. I'm rested, healed, and healthy. I wanna make another run.

Shanahan: I'm behind it guys. Let's not forget the names on his resume in the business. Obviously there is thousands of wrestling promotions, but we remember what Summer Games was, and he was the runner up twice. It took Eric Dane and Michael Lennox to beat him. I know that was a long time ago, but he's ready. We ran some drills at a local company and he can still move in there.

Wallace: Punk ass dude in there tried to come up on Calib Wallace from his older brothers wrestling tapes and I had to slap the dude.

Burrell: Well you still talk like a prick, so we know you have that much going.

Wallace: Sorry. I can't turn my heel off you know that. It's like a broken light switch.

[Burrell smirks.]

Burrell: So is this why you were game for talking?

Wallace: Thought you should know man. Good or bad terms, you guys all were a big part of my career, and ya never know when you may need some friends in the game.

[Tasha quickly waves this off.]

Tasha: Nope, hell no. Demetrius is a father now, and will not be participating in anything like that again.

Wallace: Ol' Joe Mauer lookin ass with those knees.

[Demetrius glares at Calib for that one.]

Burrell: I thought you only watch your beloved Dodgers.

Wallace: I still got ties with the home squad.

Burrell: So where you workin at? Going back to the Alliance?

Wallace: They closed up years ago. I tried the old NeWA as well and they quit running shop also. I'm leaving it in Derek's hands now. That's why I pay the dude anyway.

Shanahan: And I may have something set up, just not in stone yet.

Burrell: Well, cheers up man. I hope ya lose.

[Calib smiles as the two toast as we fade out.]

[Ok now were back to the current problem. It's for a second time for you guys, 4-1-18.]

[Take two.]

“The fuck do I pay you for anyway!”

[Ok one minute, I forgot we should get to what sparked the anger from our hero.....our asshole I guess. Yeah that's more suitable for Calib.]

[Rewind like fifteen minutes.]

“I got it! Your in!”

[Wallace peeks his head up from his computer screen as his agent Derek Shanahan rushes into the library of the Wallace compound.]

[It's not a real compound, like evil fortress or anything like that. Not a bunker or what not, just a big ass house. Compound just sounded cooler at the moment, it's really just Calib's study on the second floor of his home in El Segundo.]

Shanahan: Your back in the game.

Wallace: You got me a contract that quick! Let's go baby!

[Calib takes the fax from Shanny as he begins to look over everything.]

Wallace: Where's the pay and title shots on here? I think you lost a page.

[Calib sees a website and begins to search while still bantering.]

Wallace: Go find the part that says I'm a main eventer day one with this resume. You know how job applications work.

Shanahan: Well Calib, that's the thing.

[Calib sees the show he is debuting on and smiles.]

Wallace: Whoa shit my dude we worldwide! New Zealand, this must be the big time if were traveling.

[Shanahan sits down and kinda mutters to Calib.]

Shanahan: Before you get too excited, your not in the main event.

Wallace: Huh?

Shanahan: Yeah no title shots either.

Wallace: The fuck? Don't they wanna sell tickets?

Shanahan: Also your not getting the same pay as before.

Wallace: The shit?

Shanahan: Yeah slightly less until you start winning matches.

[Wallace looks perturbed and stands up.]

Wallace: You mean I gotta earn it? The fuck is this? Shit gets handed on a platter, not earned. Don't they know who Calib Wallace is when you got me signed?

[Shanahan begins to get a bit nervous here.]

Shanahan: Actually Calib, people don't remember who you are anymore. Frankly, they liked your look and such, that's why you even got signed. Hey you wanted this though right? Lay low and not be known?

Wallace: Man this is some bullshit! I'm the deal man! I ain't no secon........I'm the second match? That's worse than the opener! A triple threat! Who the fuck is this?

[Shanahan begins to get red in the face, knowing this won't end well.]

Wallace: Calum Jones and Christian Andrews? These dudes tag partners? What kinda generic ass shit did you get me into here Shanny? I ain't trying to face team Calcium Deficiency over here.

Shanahan: Actually they aren't partners.....

Wallace: I'm not sure I give a shit really! What is this place? X-treme Wrestling Federation? Shanahan what kinda bush league shit???

Shanahan: Calib this is a really big company. Literally. To be honest, from the places that rejected you, this place comes off like the super bowl. These guys have been in business for longer than you have been wrestling. You should be glad that a place like this wanted you.

[Wallace comes off very taken back, as Shanahan knows he's right, but should have worded that better.]

Wallace: I should be grateful? You see some of these headlines? Some dude stabbed a cripple in the leg with a sword. Who the hell hires a cripple to fight a guy with a sword? This the fucking circus? And what's with this fat dude telling everyone to suck his dick? Derek, this isn't a real company is it?

Shanahan: It is, and they make a lot of money. Even more when you take over.

Wallace: Why the fuck do I gotta be a prelim dude against two guys that have about as many matches in their career as I had in the last 8 years.

Shanahan: You haven't wrestled in 8 years.

Wallace: That's my point! El Duende que Camina? Lava los manos and fuck off man. This is ridiculous.

Shanahan: That's Christian Andrews, he's a big dude from Florida.

Wallace: What part of I don't care do you not understand? This is bull shit!

Shanahan: Look, take the day to relax. I gotta jet, I'm trying to get you a media appearance for later in the week. We can talk then. See, your still a big deal in wrestling. You already got a sponsor!

[Calib sits down at this point and waves off his agent.]

Wallace: Fuck me.

[Fade.]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Calib Wallace's post:
Darius Xavier (04-01-2018), Jon Willis (03-31-2018), The Aurora Effect (04-01-2018)