Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-26-2024, 08:54 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Act XIV: My Empire (Part 1)
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-29-2018, 10:58 PM

"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other."

~ John F. Kennedy

29 March 2018
Crowne Plaza Port Moresby
Port Moresby, Papa New Guinea

Finn Kühn can be seen sitting on a luxurious, oaken chair, his expensive Italian suit visible as he doesn't look pleased at all. His left hand is calmly resting on one of the handles of the chair, while his right hand is swishing around a small glass of whiskey. Finn brings the glass of whiskey to his lips, taking a small yet greedy sip all the same, taking in the taste, and calmly saying "Aah," as he put the glass of whiskey on a small nearby table.

"Y'know, it's actually kind of pathetic when these people, these vermin of the lower card are finally getting a chance to prove themselves and bring themselves much closer to the Universal Championship than they ever will... and yet, hardly anyone has said a word."

"Why? Why is this? Why throw away this sole chance to make it to the big time? Why throw away this chance to make it to the upper echelon, to finally be looked at seriously as a threat, to stake your name in HISTORY and potentially give yourself a chance to win the biggest prize in this industry?"

"This... this silence from everyone involved is disgusting. Reprehensible. And it seems it's up to ME to be the only one actually marketing this tournament for what it could be - a chance to prove who among this riff-raff is the elite, who among this... deplorable group has what it takes to step up to the big time."

"It's... almost like the American Dream. Even if my ideals might be clashing with America right now, I won't deny there's a certain... charm to the American Dream. The ability to rise up in class, be able to prove yourself based off of merits in this land of opportunity... it's alluring, I won't lie. A free chance to make it to the very top, at that? What kind of wouldn't jump up at the chance to win this prize?"

"The answer to that, my dear viewers... are the thirteen people I'm tasked with getting past to get to MY title."
Finn slowly rose from his chair and walked over to the window, taking in the expansive view the Crowne Plaza provided.

[Image: view-from-crowne-plaza.jpg]

"You see, the people out there, on their sailboats, doing whatever job, maybe fishing? Trading? Whatever job their heart desires. They're comfortable there, and they wouldn't give it up for the world. They're not unlike my opponents. Relishing just drifting by in the undercard, not fretting about when an opportunity is drifting them by... quite like now. But myself? I'm going to seize the moment, undertake my own... 'carpe noctem,' if you will? Indeed, I will seize the night and this federation when I win the Shove-It and win my prize at the Engineer's Universal Championship." Finn turns to face the camera, his eyes boring holes through the lens.

"I'll start with the people who did a promo, considering they're some of the few people actually at least TRYING to take this seriously. Starting with..." Finn sighs deeply. "...Drezdin."

"You see, when you look at the XWF and think of the most undeserving, underwhelming competitors that have ever stepped through these doors, the name Drezdin sticks out like a sore thumb. He's been blessed with a physical frame most athletes can only dream of. Over seven feet tall, over three hundred pounds... but sadly, his intelligence doesn't echo that sentiment. I truly don't know what will come first: Drezdin getting a hard fought win or Drezdin actually being able to speak a complete sentence. He's that much of a joke, and quite frankly, I'm not going to be wasting too much time on this waste of space. Just... stay out of my way, know your place, and maybe I'll grant you a mercy killing at my hands."

"Mezian, also known as yet another mercy killing."

"I'll grant you credit where credit is due, you've actually been putting yourself on a little bit of a roll recently. But beating untalented losers and Peter Gilmour might put you in a nice spot for Chris Chaos' Television title. But you're out of your league, and it's painfully obvious. I'll keep this brief. You're not beating me, and you never will."

"Chris Valley and Jackie Peppers."

"I've gotta ask, who the fuck even are you two? Now the XWF is extending their employment range to ACTUAL convicts and scrawny rookies with zero training, fresh out of high school? Disgusting. Judging from what I've seen from you two thus far, I've seen nothing exciting. Two rookies trying to get away from their current situation, whether it be getting out of jail for good or trying to get away from a bunch of fucking regards, but you need more of a drive and passion if you want to succeed here. I was bred for this. Every bone in my body, every drop of blood is screaming for me to seize the power I know is so rightfully mine. The first step for that is to take the Universal Championship, and this tournament will prove to the Engineer and to myself that I'm more than just a worthy successor to his title. Me winning this tournament and the title is inevitable. You two winning? Impossible."

"Next... Oh, I've waited for this moment."
Finn darkly chuckles to himself as he licks his lips. He knows his time has come, and he's been wanting to talk about this person for a long, LONG time.

"Jenny. Fucking. Myst."

"If I'm an 'above-average talent filler,' as you put it, then you're the comedy act. Forever being laughed at by the crowd as they know you're just not good enough, and it looks like you're finding that out the hard way."

"You couldn't even keep your own division, tailored just for you under wraps. No, instead you lost it to a woman who hadn't stepped in the ring for months in Madison Dyson. You're only now starting to lash out against Chris Chaos when ANY self-respecting woman would have put her foot down LONG ago."

"Do you want to know why all these bad things are happening to you now, Jenny?"

"You're weak, both as a competitor and as a flawed human being."

"For so long, all you've ever been known as is just Chris Chaos' sex toy (he even said himself all he wanted was just a blowjob!) that he used while he cried to himself, talking about how he'll definitely win the Universal Championship and reclaim his place on top of the mountain..."

"Yeah, right. But you've just done what Daddy Chaos suggested. You're a walking caricature of a person. Long, probably fake blonde hair. Most certainly silicone tits and ass. Everything about you is screaming that you're just Chris' 'hot' - and I use the term VERY loosely - girlfriend, and honey, you're trying too hard for that. You're unable to really make an individual thought for yourself unless you're forced by management to fight your boyfriend. You're pathetic."

"And for the record, you supposedly 'spotting my potential' means nothing. I was already having success before you took notice. I faced off against Cadryn Tiberius for the Hart title, and if it wasn't for you showing your cum-drizzled face, I would have won. You did nothing to expedite my path to success, and I'll show you that if we get paired off with each other. So keep going on about how I have balls the size of boulders all of a sudden. I'm on the Kaiser's warpath that Chaos so desperately wanted me on, and I'll fucking crush you with these boulder balls, you fucking sybian."

"That lead pipe shot was just the beginning. My formation of Paragon was just the beginning. You're only digging your own grave, and I'll prove it."

"And now... the people who didn't bother to cut a promo yet. The... incredibly lazy ones, if you would."

"Muddy Waters."

"Fucking Reeve Gordon of all people."

"Danny Imperial."

"Shino Ganbo."

"Dick Dweck."

"Tank Hammet."

"And last, and certainly least, InFamous."

"You lot shouldn't even bother. I've seen the way people like you operate. People can lob insults at you all the time, yet you won't even bother to respond, namely the last six I mentioned. So do yourselves a favor. Don't bother responding. You made your choice, and if you're going to try and make this easier on me, then by all means, go ahead. You're not deserving of the chance to take advantage of the American Dream. You're not even deserving here of your spot in the XWF. If you try responding to me, you're only digging your own grave."

29 March 2018
Crowne Plaza Port Moresby
Port Moresby, Papa New Guinea

Finn jolted from his sleep, bursting to a sitting position. Almost immediately he felt a sharp pain emitting from his forehead, almost as if dozens of little tiny daggers were trying to stab through his skin, Finn gritted his teeth, raising a hand to his forehead to try and dull the pain as he took a look at his surroundings.

It was the dead of night. A cool wind shook throughout the bustling town of Port Moresby, as Australia was finally going into its fall months before the harsh winter could face it. The moonlight reflected onto the water as Finn watched from inside his bed, almost feeling the moon's alluring grasp, trying to make him fall asleep again.

He shook his head, however, and jumped out of his bed. Almost immediately, his vision felt hazy, and the ground moved in waves beneath his feet. Finn hobbled onto one knee, certain the feeling would pass.

It didn't. Instead, Finn was there for about five minutes, feeling queasy to his stomach as his vision was revolting against him, telling him and forcing him to go back to sleep. But, Finn needed something to drink, and he wasn't forcing Jon or Isabel up at this hour. He forced himself up, to try and walk over to his mini-fridge.

Slowly walking over to it, the Kaiser gently opened it, shielding his eyes as he squinted from the sudden, intense light. Grabbing a water bottle before quickly closing the mini-fridge. Slowly unscrewing the cap, Finn only intended to take a small sip before his parched throat overtook his senses. He greedily gulped from the bottle, not stopping until he was merely sucking in air. Looking almost shocked with himself, Finn tossed the bottle into the nearby trash can and walked over to his bed.

He felt out of it right now, and it was readily apparent. His memory of what occurred at Warfare was hazy, and he could only remember bits and pieces. Fighting Wraith, exposing him as Micheal Graves. Going down to face Chaos and Jenny as he formed his new faction, Paragon, with Scully by his side. But, one thing eluded him...

Did he beat Wraith?

Pondering on that question, Finn snatched his phone from the nearby bedside table, turning it on and squinting once more as the bright blue light burned. Tuning on to the official XWF website and watching the most recent Warfare, Finn turned to the end of the match between him and Graves and watched in stony-faced silence.

(03-29-2018, 05:19 AM)Darius Xavier Said: Finn, back to his feet, runs up behind Wraith and tries to grab him from behind!

KNIFE!

IN!

THE!

BACK!

Finn Kuhn lands the Knife in the Back on Wraith... or is it Michael Graves? I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA! It looks like it took everything Finn had left in the tank though, as the effort and blood loss have combined to leave the young star passed out on the mat... WITH WRAITH ON TOP OF HIM!

Both men are out, but Finn literally pulled his opponent onto him!

The referee drops down for the cover!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

WINNER: WRAITH ... MICHAEL GRAVES?

Finn was silent as a lump in his throat formed. His hands tightened into a fist around the phone, his knuckles white.

Finn felt anger, and disappointment, mostly towards himself. After all this time, all the effort he put in, he was still too weak. He had a victory right there in his grasp, and it just... walked by him as if he was but a ghost.

Finn slammed the phone down onto the table with a hard THUD as he massaged his temples with his index and middle fingers.

"What... the hell... do I have to do?!" he asked himself, almost in a pleading voice. The promise he made to himself, to claim the power he so desperately seeked, and lead the XWF to the promised land, might have seemed so close just a moment before. But now, it felt worlds apart from fruition. If he couldn't beat Micheal Graves, how could he beat the Engineer?

Engy's voice echoed in his mind from before, telling him to come back when he has a "modicum of winning." He shook his head. His desire and work ethic was second to none. What the hell was still in his way? He was the Kaiser! The self-proclaimed Ace of the Federation and next Universal Champion! Beating the likes of Micheal Graves should have been a cinch for him!

In the dark, reflected by the moonlight, golden characters from a book shined brightly on the bedside table, next to the phone. Hesitantly, Finn picked it up. The unused copy of The Art of War stared back at him, begging to be read. The woman's words from before echoed in his head.

Quote:"Du magst schon außergewöhnlich sein, wenn es um Kämpfe geht, aber dein gesamter Mangel an Strategie ist miserabel, gelinde gesagt. Du wirfst dich deinen Gegnern zu, hoffst und erwartest, etwas Neues zu erschaffen, wenn es letztlich nicht funktioniert. Als du versucht hast, Caedus vom obersten Seil zu überfallen? Als du Robbie Bourbon erlaubst, deinen Griff umzukehren und dich mit einer Robbiebomb zu bepflanzen? Muss ich weitermachen?"

Finn was silent still as he contemplated the situation. Perhaps the woman really was right...

"It's time," Finn nodded vigorously, setting the book aside to read for tomorrow. With a renewed focus, hopefully he could fulfill his promise.

Finn Kühn WILL be the next Universal Champion.

~FIN~

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Finn Kühn's post:
Azrael Erebus (03-30-2018), Darius Xavier (03-30-2018), Jackie Peppers (03-30-2018), Mad Dog Valley (03-29-2018), Scully (03-30-2018), The Engineer (03-31-2018)