Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:00 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Look No Further
Christian_Andrews Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-22-2018, 03:15 PM

"You must look within for value, but must look beyond for perspective."
- Denis Waitley

Cold, deep... cleansing. The water splashes against his face as he stares into the mirror. A deep breath in, and it produces a chuckle from within that starts moving his entire body into one giant laugh. He turns the water off to the sink inside what appears to be a hotel room. It's been a while since he's been in a hotel room, being on the road and away from family, but this is the price to wrestle again. A small, but certain one. He's as appreciative as the next guy for the things the XWF puts up for him and the costs they absorb believing in him, but one can only enjoy the same surroundings for so long before they become, well, a second hand normal.

He turns toward the giant bed and looks around the room, observing it again like it was the first time, although he's been here for a couple days now. He has a gym appointment later this afternoon but for the moment, his schedule is completely clear. That's why he's invited the camera man into his hotel room, his life. He's heard the murmurs around the locker room, the fans questions throughout social media even though he isn't very active on it himself, and the curiosity in the eyes of fellow superstars when he's walking backstage at the arena. He has every intention on addressing them this afternoon. On cue, he turns to the camera and a smirk forms across his face.

"I'm the type of person to go straight to the heart of the matter. I don't like elephants in the room, because that means that there is something in the room diverting attention away from the things that matter most, the present. The questions that are beckoning a response, the wondering. How can somebody beat that which they don't understand? Or in better words, how do I prepare to fight against people who have never debuted in the XWF, that there is absolutely no tape on, there is no promos to watch, nothing. It's quite simple actually."

He turns away from the camera, and motions with his hand for the camera man to follow him. He walks into the short hallway that leads to the massive living area in his room. The bedroom, as big as it was, betrayed exactly how great this room was that the XWF decided to pay for. Catching everyone off guard, he turns back to the camera and chuckles.

"It surprised me as well."

He continues to walk through the living room to the big screen TV. On pause, there's a video with a title "Christian Andrews wins the TEW Championship." Instead of playing the video though, he clicks on "Next Video" in which the title pops up: "Christian defeats Gary McKinnon for the XWF World Championship". Skips to the next video, "Christian Andrews, new NAW Champion!" Again, next video: "ACW Undisputed Championship, Christian Andrews def. Garrett Knoles" He pauses the video as it was beginning, and instead of skipping again he turns back to the camera.

"You see? Highlight after highlight, the list is longer than we have time. The things I've done, the person I had to become, it's all there for the world to see. Some moments brought with them incredible pride while others, intense hatred. Some brought ridiculous smiles, and some brought intense shame. I did what I had to do, became who I had to become, in order to achieve what was defined to me as "success" in every federation I've wrestled in. I've accomplished many things, but there's something I missed. Every. Single. Time."

His emphasis was painful, as his head lowered. He switched the TV over to another channel, one that seemed to be more personal and not broadcasted on a massive site like Youtube which appears to be what the TV was previously set on. This network showed a different side of things. The title of the video in que to play was "Christian Andrews suffers massive internal damage at the hands of Dr. Grey!" The next video as he moved forward was "Christian jumped by the group known as The Dark Raids and is out for an unknown amount of time." He looks back to the camera man.

"The cost. While pursuing these belts, these win records, this place where my name was up in lights, I never counted the cost. I had no idea the punishment that would come with achieving that greatness, and all the while I realized one thing. I never found on the other end of this pursuit, this journey... there was no success. While others chanted my name, and aspired to be like me, hell, even named their children after me, I wasn't satisfied. The drive for more brought me to the end of the road, or what I thought was the end."

He stops talking, his eyes glazing as he reflects past the current scenario and back to his past. His minds stays on whatever subject was occupying it for a few minutes before snapping out of it and realizing that he was entertaining the camera man. He lowers his head a bit, nodding an apologetic sigh, and continues.

"But alas, I'm here. Even the end, couldn't stop me. But what it did do, was bring me perspective. It showed me that a real champion, doesn't need a belt or a title to define them. No win record can describe a true legend. And a true legend, brings others up along with them, not tears them down. Many people here in the XWF are where I was years ago, fighting so hard and pursuing their own agenda with every ounce of their being, gaining respect from every blood shed, every tear cried, and every body part broken in that ring. Some may gain it, some are doomed to inevitably lose it, but in the end they will both find themselves where I was. And in that moment, they will either lose the battle and give in to that loss, or they will see the learning experience for what it is, and sit at the door of wisdom, listening to every ounce of knowledge that it drops their way. Soaking it up like a sponge, begging it for more."

He turns the TV off and sits on the edge of the couch, staring out the huge glass window behind the camera man. The camera turns and you can see the view of the outside world, the buildings around the XWF Arena that glistens in the sun, just mere miles from where he is staying. The light from the sun shines brightly and causes the camera to refocus several times, trying to capture all of the beauty of the moment to no successful avail.

"My biggest enemy tried so hard to knock me down. Keep me buried and lost, not allowing any chance to come up for breath. But I fought and fought, struggling sometimes just to breath, and others to break through the barrier of my limits and reach out for that greatness that was within grasp. And although I grabbed it, several times, in several scenarios, I realized something. In the midst of that moment came the revelation of the answer to the questions you all pose. How do I defeat something, someone I don't know anything about? Simple. I focus on what I do know... myself. That's what I will do, that's how I will win. But more importantly, that's how I will walk out a true champion, a legend still the more."

An alarm cuts him off, his watch sitting on a nearby table is going off. It jolts both him and the camera man causing them both to jump a little. He looks at the camera and laughs, knowing that embarrassing moment was forever caught on tape. He shrugs, nodding his head and continuing to laugh. He realizes the alarm is about his gym appointment and looks at the time. He smiles, his laughter coming to an end and he looks back at the camera to wrap it up. His smile fades and his face becomes serious, his chin lowering so his eyes shine brighter in the lens of the camera.

"You see, what I realized was, my biggest enemy was me. And now I realize, even I can't stop me."

- Scene Cuts -
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Christian_Andrews's post:
(03-23-2018), (04-09-2018), Darius Xavier (03-22-2018)