Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:18 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Promise {pt 2}
Mandii Rider Offline
Eat Your Heart Out Bitches

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-22-2018, 08:54 AM

Quickly, I snatched the lance from Miranda's hands and tried to plung it into the Grawner’s throat. A loud clunk echoed as the top broke and fell to the dirt. Another cry was released from the beasts throat as it lunged for me managing to draw blood from my arm with it's claws. I managed to shove it back causing it to land on all fours in an attack position. It darted for me once again but this time I sent it's body into the wall behind me.

I forgot to tell you it's skin is extremely thick! Our weapons won't be able to pierce it!

Great, and the three of you are useless out of water at this point.

It lunged at me again causing me to fall back. My back slammed into the ground and I could feel the jagged rocks penetrating my skin as I used the bar of the lance to keep the Grawner from biting into my neck.

Little help would be appreciated!

It's teeth came within inches of my face before Amaryllis used her shoulder to knock the thing off balance. I was quick to my feet as I speared the thing into the wall but before I could pull away it sunk its teeth into my shoulder causing abnormally extreme amounts of pain. I pulled away and blood gushed from my shoulder.

Damn it...

I wrenched in pain as Hadassa and Miranda used their combined strength to throw a large boulder at the Grawner smashing it between the wall and the bolder. I stumbled back holding onto the chunk missing from my shoulder before dropping to my knees.

Mandii!

Amaryllis ran to me and dropped to her knees before removing my hand from my shoulder. My body ran with heat as it healed the open wound. She let out a sigh of relief before looking over at Miranda and Hadassa. They were trying to remove the shackles that chained Blair to the ground and wall of the cave. Amaryllis began to push herself off the ground seeing I was healing, but before she stood on her feet I gripped her wrist and pulled her toward me.

Amaryllis.

I pulled the ring from my neck causing the vine to snap and handed it to Amaryllis.

Put this on her before they find a way to get her out of the restraints. There isn't a guarantee that Ashba isn't using her right now and we still have to get her back to the Veil.

She nodded before standing and walking over to Blair. I pulled myself from the ground and walked over to Blair and watched as Miranda and Hadassa struggled to release her.

I doubt we are going to be able to break them, they are probably laced with phoenix feather meaning only a key is going to get her out.

Ashba probably isn't just going to leave his keys just laying around either.

I looked around the room before noticing the black liquid that was oozing from under the bolder.

I have an idea.

I walked over and coated my hands with the Grawners blood before walking over to Blair and rubbing it along her hand and wrist.

You're going to hate me for a little while.

Why?

Before she could say another word I broke her hand causing her to let out a scream that caused Miranda, Hadassa, and Amaryllis to cover their ears. I pulled her hand from the cuff and watched as Blair's Siren blood began to mend her hand.

Thanks for the warning...Thanks...

Don't thank me yet, we still have the other hand to get out.

I walked over to the blood again before noticing the key tucked away under the bolder. I removed it to find the key was hidden in a small patch of skin on the Grawner. I sighed and pulled it away from the body before turning around and showing it off.

That was on the Grawner?

I think Ashba might have trained it using Blair. It explains why it never attacked her and only went after us...Me.

That's impossible, these things aren't pets. They kill anything that makes a noise and are ruthless in doing so.

I looked over at Blair, she was as shocked as the rest of us indicating if Ashba did use her to train this thing she didn't remember it. I walked over and unlatched the cuff on Blairs wrist. She rubbed her wrist as I looked back at the others.

This isn't good...

We got Blair, why isn't this good?

If Ashba is able to get one of these to be his pet...

There's no tellings what else he can control.

I looked over at the now flat Grawner. There was so much I still needed to learn about what hid in the shadows...The things humans could never imagine existed. If something so vicious, so prone to killing for no reason could be controlled by him what else could he control?

Mandii.

Blair touched my shoulder causing me to break free from my thoughts.

Thank you again.

She smiled at me then turned to the others.

Thank you all.

Let's get out of here and get you back to your sisters. I made a promise I intend to keep.

We consciously made are way out of the cave. Another surprise attack wasn't something I was in the mood for since we found Blair. Miranda and Hadassa made up the rear talking and laughing as soon as we saw light from outside. Blair walked next to me in front of Amaryllis, appearing to be somewhere other than where the rest of us were. Once we reached the light outside of the cave Blair pulled me to the side while Miranda, Hadassa, and Amaryllis leaned against the opening of the cave to rest.

Mandii, may I speak to you alone for a minute?

I nodded as we walked further away from the others. I could tell Blair had something she wanted to say but didn't know how to tell me. She looked over at me before looking down at the ring on her finger.

I know everything Ashba has in store but I can't bring myself to say it outloud.

I expected that. When I found Nero she couldn't speak without him letting her.

Blair nodded and let out a sigh before looking over at me.

I'm assuming you know that him and I are bound.

I nodded.

So then you also know if you were to kill me at this point it would kill him as well.

Again, I nodded. I had a feeling where this was going but hoped Blair wasn't going to ask me to do it.

Ashba has plans that aren't just a threat to the Sirens. If Ashba has his way there are many others who could be in jeopardy. We don't have a lot of time before he is able to not only gain back his strength before death, but even more by being reborn. Ashba has already created an army that is willing to trade their resources and people for power. I fear if we don't stop him before he is able to be resurrected our efforts will be in vain.

But when we get you back to the Veil we can break his hold over you and you can tell us everything. We will have an advantage with you.

You won't be able to break the hold unless I'm dead.

Blair hung her head down before turning away from me. She looked out over the lush green grass and smiled.

This would be a nice place to die actually.

You aren't dying, I made a promise to Serena I would bring you back alive. I can't break that promise.

You're going to have to.

Once again she looked back at me.

You don't owe me or Serena anything. In fact, you've never owed any of us any of the kindness you have shown us. If anything, we owe you. All of this was because of me, because of a promise I swore I would keep with Ashba. I pulled you away from the group because you are the only one who is willing to go against Serena at this point.

Blair looked down at the ring again.

Now is the best time for me to pay for that promise. I wanted to talk to you because with or without your help I'm going to end this before it becomes more than it needs to be. Before I do anything though, I need someone to know the truth and maybe it will help you all.

Go on...

When my sisters and I were exiled for not finding Persephone they decided to spend most of their time on Anthemoessa, I didn't. Instead, I roamed the waters and befriended many pirates. Your father was one of them, he was also the first to find out I wasn't human. I made sure every person I came in contact with didn't know about the Siren, I, similar to you, wanted to be a human. I pulled it off well until I fell in love with your father. I wanted him to know everything about me but when I first showed him the Siren he was afraid, rightfully so. Siren’s were a tale for Pirates, beautiful mermaids that sang sweet songs to lure them to death. Instead, what he got was something half bird and only beautiful in his eyes when I was in human form. He said he would tell no one but I had to leave so I did. I never strayed too far from him though. With every battle he fought I was there to help and heal when I could without being noticed. I think he began to catch on because one day he found me. He said he was willing to be with me if I could change him, so I did.

I saw his memory of it, he gave you something though.

That would be the promise I felt like I had to keep. The reason we were changed from handmaidens to Sirens was because Persephone was taken. The reason you are so close to being an original is because your daughter was taken. The only way I could have made Ashba the same as me was to take something away from him.

A baby.

Our baby. To me that child was a promise to Ashba, a promise I would never leave and would love him even when the world didn't. Ashba was never a righteous man, he was never a good a man but I loved him anyway. While he was cruel to the rest of the world, I saw in his eyes that he could never be that cruel to me. I guess even his eyes lied.

You killed your baby to have Ashba be a Siren?

No, my child is alive and well actually.

Nerobell...

That is her name now yes. When I had her we named her Nesine. She was beautiful and perfect in every way but I had to give her up to be with Ashba, and I did. I knew I could get her back but as I watched Ashba I knew she would be in danger. His thirst for power was never quenched and he was willing to do anything in order to obtain it. I made a deal with the gods that they could have her but when I saw Ashba with your mother, when I saw your birth, I longed for my daughter. The gods gave her back to me but as a baby once again. Ashba didn't look for you because he knew you were only half Siren, he thought that's all you ever would be. He knew Nes would be full blooded and would have more power than him. He was going to use her so I had to get rid of her again.

You're willing to die because you know when he's done with you, he'll find a way to use Nerobell like he used you.

She smiled and nodded.

I've done everything I can to protect her and she doesn't even know me. The things a mother will do for her children are astonishing.

You don't have to die, you can go back and tell Nero you are her mother and we can find a way around things.

No, in a fairytale that would be true, but then again in a fairytale Ashba wouldn't be the man he is. I made the mistake and there is no way around it.

But you said Nero is more powerful than Ashba, he even knows it. Nero is the one who can end all of this.

She shouldn't have to. She didn't ask for this life or to be born she just was. It was my actions, my love for a man who never loved anyone that placed her on this earth and she isn't the one who should have to bare the burden of my mistake.

Why tell me all of this? If you are going to kill yourself why does any of this matter?

Because if Nero ever questions anything you can be the one to tell her I loved her. The bond you and Nero share is more than you will ever understand. There are things that will come to past and you will need her at your side. There is no guarantee this will end things and you will have to be the one to show Nero how powerful she really is. There are just some secrets I can’t die with.

What do I tell Serena?

You tell her this was my choice. Not all promises can be kept and not all promises should be kept.

I watched as Blair pulled the tip of Miranda's lance from behind her. The tip was doused in a yellow liquid.

I'm aware of what this ring does, after all, I helped forge it. I know that the poisons in my talons are able to kill me with this ring on.

Please, just give us time to try to find a different way.

There's no time. When you return to the Veil I need you to find a few things, if this doesn't work you will need them. The first is a grimoire, it belongs to a Witch named Arillia. At the front of the grimoire you can find where she is. The second is a necklace with a blue stone in the middle, only you should be allowed to wear it. The last thing is a book. All of these things should be easy for you to find if you look.

And if Serena doesn't let me in your room? She isn't going to let me anywhere near your things.

She will. I can't tell you why you will need these things but I trust you will figure it out.

Blairs attention left me and focused on the girls. They were laughing with each other while also looking out for any other surprises within the cave. hey didn't seem to be paying attention, something Blair seemed to find comfort in. She turned back to me before gripping the tip of the lance in her hand.

You are destined for great things Mandii. There will be hardships you have to endure but you can and will. The last thing I ask of you is to please watch over my daughter and when she's ready to know the truth tell her.

I nodded as Blair smiled. Her hands slightly tremble with a moment of doubt but it all faded away as she shoved the tip into her gut. I gripped her into an embrace before both our bodies fell to the ground. I heard Amaryllis call from behind us but ignored her. I slowly lowered Blair to where she was resting on legs but looking up toward the sky. She looked over at me wincing from pain.

I'm sorry.

Don't be.

I fought back tears as Blair's eyes drifted in and out of consciousness. This whole time I fought back the words to tell Blair that Nero was rotting, dieing. A part of me was relieved, hoping that this would stop Ashba but a part of me was filled with guilt. I barely even knew Blair but watching her die in my arms made me feel so close to her. It was as if I had known her since the day I was born and watching her die...I felt like I could have done more to help her.

Just before Blair took her last breath Amaryllis ran to us and dropped down to her knees.

What happened?! Blair! Wake up!

She's not going to...

I hung my head as though I was ashamed. I believe a part of me was for not fighting hard enough to make her believe there was another way. Amaryllis cried for the loss of her aunt while Miranda and Hadassa tried to comfort her. I pulled the top of the lance from her and tossed it over to the side.

Did you do this?!

No, she did. She said it was the only way to stop Ashba.

Did it?

I don't know.

But how? She’s an original, aren’t they unkillable? I don’t think that ring holds enough power to stop her healing process completely.

She gave up, she believed it was the only way to have a fighting chance against Ashba. She douced the end of Miranda’s lance with poison and forced the Siren to sleep.

Amaryllis cried out for Blair. We would have to take her lifeless body back to the Veil soon and I would have to explain to Serena why I broke my promise. I knew with time everyone would heal from the loss but it was yet another death I had to carry with me.

I couldn’t shake the feeling that Ashba wasn’t dead. It was like I could feel him as I carried Blair back to the Veil. He was lingering in the air while I couldn’t feel anything from Blair. She fell in love with a man who only loved her for what she could offer him. A familiar story that I had already played a part in. Finding out more about Ashba’s past also brought up the question for me, was I so attracted to the darkness within people because of him? I was made from a man who held such darkness, such deceit that he pretend to love a woman only to gain some of her power.

Maybe the reason I am so drawn to darkness is because I know it lies within me, dormait for now. The want to kill, the thirst for power, the need for control, the demons only Ashba has been able to pull from me within Nerobell’s head. Perhaps the reason I stay in the light while I surround myself with the darkness is because I am scared in a way. I don’t want to become Ashba, I don’t want to let my demons win like Jason, I don’t want to hurt the ones I love like Marcus, and I don’t want to play with my demons like Zak did. Maybe that is why it is easy for me to lead Wraith, maybe that is the reason I am drawn to him. Not only is he of use to me right now but he is a constant reminder of the leash I have on the darkness.

jlHCQQ.png

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Mandii Rider's post:
Ghost Tank (04-03-2018), Muddy Waters (03-22-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (03-23-2018), Wraith (03-22-2018)