Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 06:24 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Promise {Pt 1}
Mandii Rider Offline
Eat Your Heart Out Bitches

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-19-2018, 04:27 PM

Darkness. I was drawn to it, longing for it in a sense. Jason had a darkness in him that I tried to help him overcome, but couldn't. I tried to pull him away from the darkness but the thing is, his darkness was what kept him going, it was the only thing he knew he could count out. He could retreat into the darkness and emerge better than he had been before. Jeremy had darkness in him too. He hid in the darkness, watching everything from afar until he knew he could and had to strike. Marcus even held his own darkness within himself the same as Zak. Zak loved the darkest corners of his mind and would push himself to stay for awhile before ripping himself away from that darkness. Marcus didn't even realize the darkness he had inside, I did. Maybe it was because I tried so hard to never enter the darkness that it now calls to me. You see, that is how I found Wraith. Wraith possessed the same darkness I tried so hard to stay away from. I thought that by living in the light, not giving into my thoughts and feelings, it would fix things. Spoilers, it never did I just found it in other people.

When I found Wraith he was on the break of an insanity breakdown. His darkness wanted to consume him and ultimately destroy him. I had seen it before but I saw that Wraith didn't want that. He fought as hard as he could and it was for that reason I decided I would help pull him from his tomb. I knew he would be of some use, I knew what he could do and the power he possessed. I didn't need him to catapult me into greatness, in fact, I didn't need him at all. I wanted him because he was my way to keep control just as I was his way to keep a handle on his darkness. By giving him a direction, something to focus on and want more than anything, I helped him win over that dark cloud that wanted his life. Like a puppy, I took him in from the rain and now it was time to groom and feed him.

I knew what I was doing, I knew he would follow when I lead. I knew he’d listen to what I had to say and I knew he would be loyal. How? It was a gut instinct and it was right. At Warfare he proved to me that I had his loyalty and he would never abandon me if I were to need him. That was what I needed right now. With the Universal Championship in my sights I knew I would take on many enemies. I knew I would have people who wanted me gone because I was a competitor, a fighter. I knew I could look out for myself but why do so when I can have someone willing to watch my back for me? In return I helped Wraith keep the pieces together. I work with him, guide him, so that he can become a monster in the ring, my monster. After all, wrestling is the only sport, job, hobbie that allows monsters to be themselves.

I made sure not to confide much into Wraith, only the things that could be found on the internet about myself or things I had said in past promos. Although I knew there wasn't way for him to turn on me there are things no one in this company needs to know about me. Keeping the Siren a secret was the only thing that kept me from being put into a zoo rather than a wrestling ring. It was a secret I doubt I would ever tell anyone, after all, somethings people just don't understand and when humans in particular don't understand something they become scared. Humans are the worse things to scare because instead of going in to kill or mame, Human's want to know how something works and all its ticks. They want to be prepared for more, after all, if they didn’t then they would be the bottom of the food chain.

After Savage I decided I needed to go back to the Siren Veil. I had to find Blair as soon as possible and figure out a way to try to end this war before it began. However, I did also have to focus on wrestling and my match on Warfare. Since watching Pestalance work with Wraith I had paying attention to him. He had the makings of being a real competitor, however, he was also new to things. With time I knew he would be someone to watch out for so I welcomed the opportunity to face him at Warfare.

--------

To start things off, allow me to give you some friendly advice Pestalance, stay away from Chris Chaos and his imbecile group of miscreants. Even accepting Chris Chaos's offer of being in your corner this week could lead you down a path you won't be able to come back from. Of course, you don't have to listen to my warning or even listen to me at all. I believe if you look back to just the past few weeks it is easy to see that becoming a Chris Chaos lacky is detrimental to a career. Like I said though, I'm not forcing you to take my advice or even listen to it. If you want Chris at our match by all means tell him to be there, just know it won't help you in the long run.

I've seen your work in the ring and I have to admit you don't need anyone's help, especially Chris's help. I watched your match with Wraith last Warfare and not only were you able to hold your own you were also able to work in a team, it was a joy to watch. However, I did also see you lose to Chris at Savage but hey, at least you gave it your all right? I respect your in ring ability but the fact you lost to someone as low on the pole as Chris currently is gives me comfort that our match isn't going to be that hard to win, sorry. See Chris is someone who was so high that no one wanted to face the man, but the higher you are the more pressure you have to not fall. Chris caved under that pressure and thanks to Jenny decided to leave the ring for a short while. See, he's trying to reach the same potential he had before so you losing to him is kind of, well, embarrassing. On the other hand you have me, someone who is just beginning her rise here in XWF once again. I started in a match that was a loss from the moment it made its way on the card, whether I tried or not. However, I overcame the loss and so far I've been doing good for myself. So if someone who fell from grace can beat you, well, I'm sure you get the point considering you aren't as stupid as a lot of people in this company.

I like your style Pest, you are real through and through. You aren't someone who puts on for the camera and that's something else I like about you. Your in ring ability could use a bit of work but that comes with matches. However, up until now you have faced basically nobodies. Knucks is someone new to the ring so it's understandable how he's not established. Sebasstian Dyke and Bilbo Baggins, well I mean they are jokes. These two are only booked when there is no one else who wants a spot on the show. Then you have Chris, your first loss. I've already been over Chris so there really is no need to go into him anymore. But now you have me, someone who wants to the top spot in this company. I'm someone who sets goals and will do whatever needed to reach them no matter how long it takes. I'm the kind of person with years of in ring experience because that is where I settle shit, in the ring. I don't give up even if I'm battered and bruised and almost unable to stand, last Warfare is proof of that. So if you are going to step into this matching thinking you are going to do anything but walk out the loser, you are sadly mistaken.

Already I have managed to accomplish goals here. I am the women’s Champion and I'm taking on the burden of rebuilding the division. Already I am considered in the top five people who could potentially take on The Engineer for the Universal Championship. You? You were given a match to win the championship for the up and comers and lost. While that proves you could be someone here in XWF it also proves you just don't have it yet. Well, hopefully at Warfare you pay attention to our match and take notes. Maybe I can help you push yourself a little further to the point that you can skip the up and comers and jump right to the Hart Championship or X-Treme Championship if that is your cup of tea. Matter of fact, if you go back and watch what it takes to get ahead in this company like I've done maybe in the near future I'll be competing against you to see who faces The Engineer for the Universal Championship. You have the potential and even the drive to make it to the top of this company, you just don't have the ability to reach it just yet.

So I'll leave you on this note for now. I don't expect you to be the kind of person to underestimate me because I'm a woman but I like to cover my ground from the start. I've been up against both men and women in the past and won. Facing a man has never been a problem for me because even with a weight advantage and height advantage I've managed to win, how? Smarts. Not only do you have to have the strength in the ring you also have to have the ability to think on your feet and act on it. I might only be the Champion of a division that has maybe three people in it but I have my sights set on more. So Pest, since you are the first male I am having to face one-on-one you will be first example of what I can really do now that I have returned.

------
It was easy to leave Wraith long enough to return to the Siren veil. Although I had my hold on him he also didn't follow me around like a love sick puppy. I liked that in him, he could stand on his own if need be and take care of business. I had my own business to take care of and decided to leave after promoting my match this week. Teakin had finally found a possibly place where Blair could be. I had to find her and try to pull her away from Ashba in order to give him less power in the war he was about to wage. His need for revenge on the Sirens was petty in my opinion, why turn on a group who did not accept you? Why not find your own group to call home and use your powers the way you intended in the first place? I had asked enough questions but received few answers so I guess the time for answers had past.

I used the Siren to fly back to the Siren veil and attend a court meeting. Although I was not excused from the court, I did not feel as though I was wanted. I noticed that there were a few members absent from the meeting. I drew my own conclusion that the Sirens that were forming an uprise against me for acting on selfish motivations included the members who were missing. I also noticed every look of hate that made its way my way as Serena spoke on the upcoming battle and how to deal with things. I had enough talking, I wanted action at this point.

Once the meeting was over I was stopped by Serena before exiting the court building. She wore an understanding look but I knew the intentions behind it. She didn't feel sympathy for me in the situation of having many of the Sirens wanting me dead, she just wanted me around long enough to deal with my father.

I need to speak with you for a moment, please.

I stopped and nodded. I really had no choice other than to listen to her at this point.

I know you are going out to find Blair today. I can not lie to them nor myself at this point, with her being under Ashba's mind games I know she will be a threat one way or another. She has already proven to us she can't be trusted based on her prophecy readings.

She opened her hand to reveal a ring. It had a pearl in the middle and the outside looked as though it was handcrafted from ice.

[Image: We5pPaJ.png]

If you do find her today, place this ring on her finger. It will lower her powers enough for you to overpower her and bring her back. Even if Ashba is in her mind and controlling her, this ring should keep you safe.

I gripped the ring in my hand and let out a sigh. I looked up to meet Serena's serious gaze.

Please, bring her back to us alive. I don't wish to see my sister die.

I'll bring her back alive, I promise.

Serena smiled and walked past me. As I gripped the ring in my hand I could feel the spell cast on it. The ring was cold and not only looked as though it was forged from ice but also felt of it. I wrapped a vine around the ring and tied it to my neck to make sure it was with me when I needed it.

I left to find blair by following the map Teakin had given to me. Amaryllis joined me with Helen's reluncted blessing. I also had the assistance of Miranda and Hadassa if I were to need help in overpowering Blair. Not only was Blair an original Siren with the immortal ability to heal, release poisons from her talons, and overwhelming strength she also had the power of clairvoyance. She would be able to predict our moves and even read our minds if she was losing the upper hand, Ashba could also use these gifts.

We made it to a cave hidden behind a waterfall. Very syfiy you could say. The four of us walked deeper and deeper into the cave using the light on my phone.

What if she isn't here?

Then we keep looking.

Isn't this a death wish in the making? I mean, Serena has sent us on a lot of missions but never one to retrieve one of her sisters. What if Ashba kills us all? I mean, he doesn't feel pain through the minds he takes over. Doesn't that mean he doesn't have a problem going until we kill Blair? The rest of the Siren's aren't going to stand a chance if Mandii doesn't make it out of this cave. What are we going to do if she dies?

Oh Miranda, your confidence in me is nice but when you say it out loud it kind of irritates me. Ashba isn't going to kill Blair until he breaks the connection with her. Killing her kills him and I don't think dying again is apart of his big plan.

But-

Shh.

We all stopped any movement in order to listen harder at a small whimper. It was a mixture of hard breathing and what sounded like someone in pain. It had to be Blair but I couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was coming from. The echoing walls of the cave made it hard to even guess a direction and the cave itself was getting wider.

Any guesses how far away she is?

Well we can hear her so it's a start.

All of a sudden a loud shriek caused us all to jump and quickly shift into a defensive position. Hadassa held onto a two handed double edged sword while Miranda held a double blade like lance in her hands. Amaryllis stood next to me and seemed to be petrified as if she knew what the noise came from.

What the hell was-

I was cut off by Amaryllis’s hand over my mouth. She pulled me to the wall while Miranda and Hadassa hide behind a few boulders. Amaryllis removed her hand from my mouth and put her finger over her lips. We both stood perfectly still as an eyeless boney humanoid figure walked into view. The light from my phone began to shake in my hand as I pushed my back deeper into the wall.

Amaryllis pointed to a small tunnel we would have to crawl into and we slowly made our way there. In a few moments the figure was gone but Amaryllis made it clear to stay low and not make a noise yet. It felt like an internaty before we were able to leave the tunnel and speak again.

What the fuck was that?

Grawner, they aren't the smartest things you will ever see but if they hear a noise they attack. Lucky for us they don't have eyes but their hearing is immaculate and if they hear you, ripping into you isn't a problem.

They're also really fast.

And their teeth are like razors.

Good information to know, I'll make sure to brush up on my mythical creatures guide. Are there more?

Could be but I doubt it. They attack each other as well as anything else they hear. Their smell isn’t that great so it’s not like they can differentiate their own kind from something else. Plus, they aren’t known for running in packs.

Then we better find Blair before it does.

We went deeper into the cave and found the remains of humans as well as other creatures scattered. When we finally reached a sign of life there was also the sign of death and decay as the smell filled our noses. I covered my mouth and nose trying to keep from gagging as I saw bodies strewn along the path in front of us.

This isn't right, there has to be remains here from years but if Blair has been here for the few weeks she's been missing she should be dead.

Maybe Ashba got in that things head too.

Unlikely, they don't really think they just go off instinct.

It was a joke, do you guys hear that?

A loud faint echo came from a corner of the room we were just entering. After stepping over bodies we found Blair chained in the corner of the room. Blood covered her body as well as dirt and something was placed over her mouth. We ran to her and I pulled what seemed to be tape away from her mouth.

Turn around!

We did as she said to see the Grawner. His body cracked and popped in a sickly manner as it contorted and went into an exorcist style pose. It let out a loud scream like noise and blocked the exit of the room.

[Image: V4heejn.jpg]
Oh fuck.

To be continued

jlHCQQ.png

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Mandii Rider's post:
(03-19-2018), (03-21-2018), Darius Xavier (03-28-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (03-20-2018), Vincent Lane (03-19-2018), Wraith (03-19-2018)