Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 04:14 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: Time allowed to kickout
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
5 hours
21.43%
3 21.43%
7 hours
35.71%
5 35.71%
6 hours
7.14%
1 7.14%
The time should be reduced depending on how many attacks champ has received that day for added realism and difficulty
35.71%
5 35.71%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New time frame for x-treme title kickouts?
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-09-2018, 04:28 AM

As discussed several weeks back, we will be rolling out new rules for the x-treme title board soon. First up will be a new timeframe for kicking out.

Please answer the poll to weigh in on what you think will make the board more competitive in a world where people can kickout right from their phone even while at work or taking a dump!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 05:36 AM

I voted for two, either the 4th option which sounds good but I'm not sure how it'll work out...or 7 hours. Because I think it's important to realize that while yeah, cellphones exist not everyone may be able to reliably check all day (some work sites ban phone use, ban phones altogether, etc...).

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
Muddy Waters Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 05:39 AM

Not sure I’m a fan of any of these options. But then again I doubt I’ll winning this title anytime soon. Unless the goal is to have constant turnover with this strap and basically making the briefcase defunct then by all means. How many people have secured a 24/7 case in the last three years by holding the xtreme title? Soldier, Engy and maybe someone I’m forgetting?

I say 8 hours. But again that’s just me

[Image: Backstage%2BTalk.gif]

(3X) Federweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 06:18 AM

That fourth option is intriguing, but how would they know what the limit is? Would we add a counter to the forum and update it through the day?

Hate Post Like Post
Robert "The Omega" Main Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-09-2018, 06:18 AM

Yeah 8 hrs. People do have to sleep at some point in the day

Former:
[Image: 6x9xFnQ.png]
[Image: nLYNvyj.png] x2
[Image: fMJwa5h.png] x2
[Image: WPoUWuI.png]

Longest Reigning Tag Team Champions in modern history. W- Drew Archyle & James Raven
Longest Reigning Hart Champion in modern history:280 days
2nd longest reigning Universal Champion :269 days
Tag Team Champions W- "Chronic" Chris Page as Cataclysm
Trio's Champion W- AX3
2020 May Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team Wargames 2020
Winning Team War Games 2019 W- APEX PROPHECY
2019 Feud of the year W- "Chronic" Chris Page
2019 Tag Team of the Year W- Drew Archyle & James Raven as APEX
Roleplay of the Month February 2019 "Junkyard Dog"
Leap Of Faith Winner 2018
July 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2017 Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team War Games 2017 W- APEX
Mr. 24/7
[Image: Qfgvjya.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Mandii Rider Offline
Eat Your Heart Out Bitches

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

03-09-2018, 06:58 AM

Sleep is for the weak. Drink some coffee and sip on a Monster, you'll be good Tongue

jlHCQQ.png

Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-09-2018, 07:13 AM

(03-09-2018, 05:36 AM)The Engineer Said: I voted for two, either the 4th option which sounds good but I'm not sure how it'll work out...or 7 hours. Because I think it's important to realize that while yeah, cellphones exist not everyone may be able to reliably check all day (some work sites ban phone use, ban phones altogether, etc...).

That's why people would need to really get extreme about their title defending and think outside the box if any of that applies to them and they still feel like they want to hold the second highest title in the fed. Nobody forces it on them. I can think of many ways around these issues, some a little dirtier than others while still playing within the rules, but I feel like each champ should be creative in their own right so I'd never list out all the things I'd do if I were faced with such a challenge.

(03-09-2018, 05:39 AM)Muddy Waters Said: Not sure I’m a fan of any of these options. But then again I doubt I’ll winning this title anytime soon. Unless the goal is to have constant turnover with this strap and basically making the briefcase defunct then by all means. How many people have secured a 24/7 case in the last three years by holding the xtreme title? Soldier, Engy and maybe someone I’m forgetting?

Comparing the last 3 years to even the next 1 year in technology and attention paid to being online can't be done. The speed of communication/response/etc increases way too fast. There once was a time the limit was 24 hours and we saw a huge amount of successful pins. Later, 12 hours became a fair adjustment and brought back a similar level of competition we just have seen less and less of over the years. I wouldn't be surprised if the day eventually comes where even a 6 hour limit sees a champ easily kicking out of everything for weeks if not months straight.

(03-09-2018, 06:18 AM)Vincent Lane Said: That fourth option is intriguing, but how would they know what the limit is? Would we add a counter to the forum and update it through the day?

We'd have to come up with some really easy formula that the champ is responsible for keeping track of if they think they're extreme enough to hold the second highest title in the fed for a long time. Something like, every kickout (yes kickout not attack) that happens within a calendar day subtracts an hour of stamina to a maximum subtraction of X number of hours the rest of the day.

(03-09-2018, 06:18 AM)Robert Main Said: Yeah 8 hrs. People do have to sleep at some point in the day

I knew someone that kicked out during their sleep and they didn't even use a cell phone. They really wanted it!

(03-09-2018, 06:58 AM)Mandii Rider Said: Sleep is for the weak. Drink some coffee and sip on a Monster, you'll be good Tongue

That's right! If your heart explodes from too much caffeine and foreign substance, you weren't cut out to be the X champ lol!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 04:44 PM

(03-09-2018, 05:39 AM)Muddy Waters Said: Not sure I’m a fan of any of these options. But then again I doubt I’ll winning this title anytime soon. Unless the goal is to have constant turnover with this strap and basically making the briefcase defunct then by all means. How many people have secured a 24/7 case in the last three years by holding the xtreme title? Soldier, Engy and maybe someone I’m forgetting?

I do have some sympathy for this opinion as well. I've said in the past if it's TOO hard people may not bother. I realize the argument could be made that "well then they just don't want the belt enough." But if you look back in the title history even with the wide berth of a 12 hour kickout window, before Engy's reign the average length of time someone held the belt was less than 2 months. That was, of course, well into the advent of cell phone technology where people could check all day conceivably. People will inadvertently slip up, or get busy, or just lose it in a straight up match. Hell, I flushed my 6 month reign on a complete fluke where I just forgot to check in time and Raven had me spotted. It happens.

But long story short, I think to air on the side of not having it be too daunting, the higher the window the better. 7-8 hours seems fair.

I will say this though, me losing that belt is probably one of the best things that's happened to that title in a long time. Even without changing the rules that forum has been pretty hot and there seems to be a sense of excitement about chasing it again.

Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 05:14 PM

My thoughts is that in order to simulate some realism with defending a belt that's 24/7 and as highly regarded as the X-Treme championship belt, it should start at 12 hours, if no one has attacked that day. Then, if there's one attack, then that's a half-hour depletion. More, if several attacks happen in a one hour time frame. Because by getting their ass beat all the time, they shouldn't have the strength of a bull after each kick-out. Maybe after the first few attacks, but once you get to the, say, 10th attacker, you should be drained from all the abuse and kicking out. I would say "let's add a HP bar!" but people could just wait long enough based on the HP % and then get the last pin in.

But anyway, the time should decrease depending on how many people have attacked in a day. But it would never deplete further than an hour. Even if the person is the 23rd, the time wouldn't go lower.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Something we could do if we have the timer deplete over time is having it be based on the amount of effort in the post. If you have something like:

"Finn notices Vinnie strolling in the hallway. He turns him around, hits a Lion's Den, and goes for the pin."

Obviously, that won't count for much time lost, if at all. But, the more detailed and gruesome the attack is, the more steadily time will be lost. Just a thought.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Man, I'd just write a 20k attack that takes us all over the world. It'd be the XWF version of Peter Griffin vs Chicken dude. lol
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-09-2018, 06:40 PM

(03-09-2018, 05:14 PM)Phantom Panzer Said: My thoughts is that in order to simulate some realism with defending a belt that's 24/7 and as highly regarded as the X-Treme championship belt, it should start at 12 hours, if no one has attacked that day. Then, if there's one attack, then that's a half-hour depletion. More, if several attacks happen in a one hour time frame. Because by getting their ass beat all the time, they shouldn't have the strength of a bull after each kick-out. Maybe after the first few attacks, but once you get to the, say, 10th attacker, you should be drained from all the abuse and kicking out. I would say "let's add a HP bar!" but people could just wait long enough based on the HP % and then get the last pin in.

But anyway, the time should decrease depending on how many people have attacked in a day. But it would never deplete further than an hour. Even if the person is the 23rd, the time wouldn't go lower.

You know what, now that I've read how this would likely play out I can't support the idea because it would pretty much gaurantee that nobody would win a briefcase with that belt ever again, lol.

Hate Post Like Post
Scully Offline

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-09-2018, 11:51 PM

I think 8 hours would be a reasonable time limit
Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 03:49 AM

(03-09-2018, 06:40 PM)The Engineer Said: You know what, now that I've read how this would likely play out I can't support the idea because it would pretty much gaurantee that nobody would win a briefcase with that belt ever again, lol.

That's why you change the rewards system with it. If you do this for two weeks(defend it on a show and win), you get the case, because the road to getting the case is much, much harder. You basically have to be on your toes literally 24/7. And for those saying "8 hours because people have to sleep" people are still losing the case when they sleep anyways, so why is sleeping a factor at all? And not everyone sleeps for 8 hours, some wake up in 7, 6, 5, 4.

My idea isn't the best, no. But I do think that people's characters aren't supermen. Even if I won as Panzer, under these kinds of rules, I'd play him as mortal so that he would suffer the same effects as anyone else defending 24/7.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 06:17 AM

Shut up, Ghost Tank.

Anyway, here's my thoughts. I agree we should lower the time, eight hours is a start, maybe go all the way to six.

But I liked Shane's mutable idea as well. I think we throw a graphic in the forum that says "CHAMP HAS X HOURS TO KICK OUT" and every day the GM team changes that X. Maybe it's 8,7,6... maybe it's only 4. I'd say probably no less than that though, and even then pretty rarely. We'd also want to make sure the champ knows the amount before it goes live. Has to be fair, after all.

I think we would also have to adjust the case targets, but not to the ridiculous two weeks that GT here is suggesting for purely selfish reasons. Maybe just back to how it was before we added more of a burden to it. I could definitely kick out for six weeks at 8 hour intervals. I'm not interested in a case and don't plan on doing anything other than holding the belt until someone pins me, but I don't see why six weeks is too big of a hurdle to clear. Maybe drop the defense amount to three. Even then it seems a little easy.

What do you non-Ghost Tanks think?

Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 07:37 AM

Hey, I even said my idea wasn't as good. Buuuut, it seems like you ARE taking some of my idea. The whole lowering aspect at least. And the rewarding thing isn't for selfish reasons. Because if you went with the idea that the lowest is 1 hour, and you fend people off until your match, and win, you showed you fought hard as fuck. But you'd still have to win a match to get the case. Shit, I held the case long enough, but I lost my first match. So, yeah.

but w/e, I know my idea isn't the best, but I like the aspect of lowering the time because it shows it's taking a toll on the champ to defend so often.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 07:49 AM

(03-10-2018, 07:37 AM)Phantom Panzer Said: Hey, I even said my idea wasn't as good. Buuuut, it seems like you ARE taking some of my idea. The whole lowering aspect at least. And the rewarding thing isn't for selfish reasons. Because if you went with the idea that the lowest is 1 hour, and you fend people off until your match, and win, you showed you fought hard as fuck. But you'd still have to win a match to get the case. Shit, I held the case long enough, but I lost my first match. So, yeah.

but w/e, I know my idea isn't the best, but I like the aspect of lowering the time because it shows it's taking a toll on the champ to defend so often.

How is lowering the time "your idea?" That's the entire premise of the thread. Adjusting the case reward timeframe is a natural extension of the rest, because it still has to be fair. And WHY do you insist on always having a bunch of OOC opinions while doing absolutely nothing else?

Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 07:55 AM

(03-10-2018, 07:49 AM)Vincent Lane Said:
(03-10-2018, 07:37 AM)Phantom Panzer Said: Hey, I even said my idea wasn't as good. Buuuut, it seems like you ARE taking some of my idea. The whole lowering aspect at least. And the rewarding thing isn't for selfish reasons. Because if you went with the idea that the lowest is 1 hour, and you fend people off until your match, and win, you showed you fought hard as fuck. But you'd still have to win a match to get the case. Shit, I held the case long enough, but I lost my first match. So, yeah.

How is lowering the time "your idea?" That's the entire premise of the thread. Adjusting the case reward timeframe is a natural extension of the rest, because it still has to be fair. And WHY do you insist on always having a bunch of OOC opinions while doing absolutely nothing else?

OH MAN! How DARE I have opinions about a place I care about, and want to give a helping hand to!

I'm such an asshole for having writer's block but still want to help out in some shape or form!

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 07:57 AM

Yeah, pretty much. Maybe if you didn't sit on your fat ass playing video games all day you could write something.

Hate Post Like Post
Isabel Mercier Offline
President of the Finn Kühn Fan-Club

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 08:02 AM

(03-10-2018, 07:57 AM)Vincent Lane Said: Yeah, pretty much. Maybe if you didn't sit on your fat ass playing video games all day you could write something.

[Image: r73VJe3.gif]

"I'm not a vegan, I'm a nihilist."
Hate Post Like Post
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 08:05 AM

(03-10-2018, 07:57 AM)Vincent Lane Said: Yeah, pretty much. Maybe if you didn't sit on your fat ass playing video games all day you could write something.

So, because you think my playing video games is the problem?

Bitch, some of my best stuff was written because I was playing video games, saw something, and was like "FUCK YEAH!"

The other part of it being the music I listen to.

So for you to try and call me out for playing video games as the cause of my writer's block, it shows just how much of a dumbass you are and think that just starting to write is the only way you can put out promos.

That's how you get some of the shittiest promos. Only a small some. Some people can just sit down and write and don't need anything to be their muse.

I do.

But because I can't get anything to inspire me (even though I did send in a segment for a show and the PPV, which wasn't in there(for a reason),and hope the other is put in the place I wanted, AND I did opt-in, and not doing a takesie backsie on it), it means that I should have 0 opinions, ever, about trying to help out for something I care about?

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 08:27 AM

No. I'm saying it's all you do. You sit in a chat room that you barely chat in. You insist on being in a fed that you never participate in. And you spend all day just sitting in a chair playing games and slowly dying. You need a muse? Get one. Seek one out. TRY and do something.

You claim to care about the XWF? You don't do anything other than chime in for threads like these. You don't get involved with stories. You don't opt in for shows. You don't go for 24/7 titles unless I literally beg you to. You don't vote in the OTM threads unless you think you might win. You do NOTHING unless it's FOR YOU. So please, do not try with this "I do it because I love XWF" bullshit. You sent a segment? Wow! That segment was three sentences long and was garbage. That's why it wasn't there.

No one gives a shit what you opinions are on anything, because you have made yourself irrelevant. You have thee most over-inflated sense of self worth this side of Cadryn Tiberius.

Hate Post Like Post
Cadryn Tiberius Offline
The Essence Of Excellence

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-10-2018, 08:40 AM

(03-10-2018, 08:27 AM)Vincent Lane Said: No. I'm saying it's all you do. You sit in a chat room that you barely chat in. You insist on being in a fed that you never participate in. And you spend all day just sitting in a chair playing games and slowly dying. You need a muse? Get one. Seek one out. TRY and do something.

You claim to care about the XWF? You don't do anything other than chime in for threads like these. You don't get involved with stories. You don't opt in for shows. You don't go for 24/7 titles unless I literally beg you to. You don't vote in the OTM threads unless you think you might win. You do NOTHING unless it's FOR YOU. So please, do not try with this "I do it because I love XWF" bullshit. You sent a segment? Wow! That segment was three sentences long and was garbage. That's why it wasn't there.

No one gives a shit what you opinions are on anything, because you have made yourself irrelevant. You have thee most over-inflated sense of self worth this side of Cadryn Tiberius.

WTFGD BENNY.

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

(Updated and Reset: 3/31/23)
Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

Cadryn's Butthole (Backstage Page)

Honorary King™ For The Day!
06-08-17

October 2017 Star Of The Month
May 2017 Star Of The Month
2017 Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
1x XWF Tag Team Champion (Pintner: Michael Graves)
2x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF Television Champion
2x XWF Federweight Champion
5x XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-]
[-]
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 08:45 AM

(03-10-2018, 08:27 AM)Vincent Lane Said: You claim to care about the XWF? You don't do anything other than chime in for threads like these. You don't get involved with stories.

What stories?

You don't opt in for shows.

That's why I'm opted in for the last show of March. I don't opt-in, ever, right?

You don't go for 24/7 titles unless I literally beg you to.

I did that for shits and giggles.

You don't vote in the OTM threads unless you think you might win.

That's why I voted for two different people last month, but ultimately chose Caedus.

You do NOTHING unless it's FOR YOU.

That's why I vote for the XWF when I can, I guess. Because it does a lot for me.

So please, do not try with this "I do it because I love XWF" bullshit. You sent a segment? Wow! That segment was three sentences long and was garbage. That's why it wasn't there.

Sent in two, and there's been times where people have the shittiest attacks, yet you still put it in. Don't give me that shit.

Have I become irrelevant? Yeah. Do you think I give a fuck? I'm still a voice here. I've done nothing wrong except piss you off in some fucking fashion in some other life. I probably came in your eye or something in the fucking 1800s and you've been holding a fucking grudge every time we're alive. I don't even believe in that shit, but that's the only explanation I have of why you've ever decided to be a fucking cunt towards me.

Should I be doing a lot more? More than likely. It's not like I haven't been fucking trustworthy with write a match under fucking strict as shit time limits because another writer didn't show up and you guys needed help.

I'm always around to help if needed to help write shit. But that's my fault, right? I should be writing all the matches in case I get magically fucking called upon and have them ready to go in a moment of sending that shit to you.

Fucking admit it already. You fucking hate me, and no matter what I do, no matter how well I perform, it'll never be good enough for you. You'll always put me down for no good fucking reason.

Go eat a 50 pound bag of fucking rotting, maggot infested dicks

Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-10-2018, 09:19 AM

Guys.

Quit it.

The point of this thread is to give feedback for a potential new set of rules for the Xtreme title (speaking of which, I regret voting for 5 hours and do think it should be 8), not to attack each other OOC.

We're supposed to cooperate and make this place as good as it can be. Maybe Tank can try helping out more with stories. Maybe Tank can stand to try and RP more. But, this? This isn't the place for this.

If you have beef, take it to DMs or we can revive the Bitch Session. But let's try and fulfill the point of this thread, yeah?

To get back on track, we should have a looser time requirement, like 8 hours. Like people said, they have to sleep, and others have school/work. In my experience, my phone doesn't get service in my school at all unless I'm near the windows by the stairs, and I know if I'm running late for school and I don't check the site and the time limit is something like 5 hours, either through the voting system or attacks lowering it to that point, I would be royally screwed. That's not even counting anyone who has a work environment that is strict about going on other sites, like Engy said.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 09:39 AM

Shut up, Finn.

I don't hate you. ven if I did hate you, I would give you whatever you deserved. I have always been and will always be fair. Put you down? Definitely. I put Theo down daily and I like him plenty.

Let's get to brass tacks here so the thread can be back on track.

1) Your segments weren't good. My rule of thumb is, if I can actually cover your seg WITH my thumb, it's no good. The fact that you wanted one in the middle of the main event of a PPV tournament final that had been building for over a month is hilarious. The other one was about BX3, which you threw a titty baby fit over not long ago. What, changed your mind? Cool. We don't use segs all the time if they are crappy or make no sense for when or where they are submitted. You don't know that, because you never see them.

2) You aren't a good match writer. They're short, and you have to ask me a million questions about how long I think it should be before you fail to reach that goal and say you need a nap.

3) You voted for Jim Caedus in a poll where he wasn't even one of the options. Not only not one of the options but clearly not going to win. Not to mention, you said it should be Graves. You literally said it should be Graves and then voted for Caedus. Why? No one understands you.

4) You opted in a couple times? Wow. In what, six months? Last time you got a tag match with Dyke and basically no showed it because he wasn't carrying you. This time who knows. You're also absolutely getting booked against that new girl on Savage. No show it if you want, you're in.

You are perplexing and frustrating. You care SO MUCH about the direction and display of your character, but then do absolutely nothing with it. If others try to get you to play along, you get butthurt and complain and pull out your opt ins until someone calls you out for it. DO SOMETHING.

Now, because I'm a nice guy and I know you put entire minutes of work into them, here's your ppv segs, in full:

Quote:For the middle of someone else's match, but kinda for no reason:

The lights cut off during the match as Phantom Panzer's tron plays, being the only source of light. With a flash of light, Panzer appears in the middle of the ring, with confetti coated in cum and blood, he appears on the side of Pestalance and Wraith, looking at both Dyke and Bilbo. He then performs a backflip, kicking both Pestalance and Wraith in their head, before landing onto his hands and moving to stand upright. He picks up Wraith first and performs a release german suplex, then follows it with Pestalance. He then seemingly goes for another as he picks Pestalance up, only to fall to the ground with him, performing Is That Your Head?! The Twister submission locked on and Pestalance begins to tap, only for Panzer to give a bit of added pressure to every part of his body releasing him as Wraith moves to close in on the downed Clown. He goes to grab Panzer by the head, only for the Clowny God to trap him in The Gag! The Gogoplata submission begins to is locked in and he begins to choke Wraith out! Wraith is tapping as well, but with one last added pressure to Wraith's throat, PP let's go, looking at Bilbo and Dyke. He snaps his fingers, and their noses get covered by clown noses. He gives their red noses a couple of squeezes, causing honking noises to sound out, before the lights darken once more, and once the lights are on again, Panzer is nowhere to be seen, but another shower of cum and blood covered confetti showers the ring.

Quote:
For during THE MAIN EVENT FOR THE UNIVERSAL TITLE AT A PPV:

The lights go off, but not for long, as Panzer appears on Caedus's side of the ring, but never interfering. Instead, he begins to whip the crowd into a frenzy as he makes a t-shirt cannon appear, and begins to fire Caedus merch at the crowds. However, attached to the merch is confetti and skin with blood attached. Whose blood? Whose skin? Does the crowd really want to know? They're getting free shit! Well, Panzer paid for the merch, but still. The entire arena begins to get coated with merch and bloodied confetti and flesh.

Now, no more here. As I asked the first time, please anyone with a real opinion on the X-Title comment after here. Except GT.

Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 10:05 AM

Here's one idea with the diminishing time option.

Start with the basic 12hrs.

Then however long it takes for you to kick out from a pin is subtracted from your time on the next pin.

Example:

Graves pins Vinnie. It takes Vinnie 4 hours to see and kick out f the pin.

Next pin attempt (that day or not) Vinnie will only have 8 hours to kick out.

So Finn pins Vinnie and it takes Vinnie 7 hours to kick out.

Next pin Vinnie will only have 5 hours to kick out.

Always subtract the time from the default 12 hours.
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 10:51 AM

I think my biggest concern, now that I think about it, with the whole "multiple pin attempts making it harder for the champ to retain thing" is that while it certainly is more realistic, wouldn't it result in circumstances where people see the momentum behind it and dogpile the champ to where it's nigh impossible for him to retain? With each successive attempt making the kick out time smaller and smaller until it's like what...an hour? You'd lose the thing over a nice dinner with your SO. "Hold on babe, I need to interrupt dinner to make sure I don't lose my efed title." I don't know, maybe that's an exaggeration. But, do we want this interfering in people's lives that much? Because if so I think we run dangerously close to people just going "fuck it" and interest in the title drying up again.

I guess we just need to find a right balance between making it challenging but not impossible. I think a 7-8 hour window hits that sweet spot. And maybe drop the number of booked wins to 4 to qualify for the case. It's tough to win 4 in a row as a whole, so that adds a layer of challenge.

Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 10:54 AM

With the idea I threw out it wouldn't continually get lower though.

12 -5=7

The next pin takes 3 hours to kick out so:

12-3=9

The following pin takes 8 hours to kick out.

12-8=4

And so on.

I think that would give a good balance.
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 10:59 AM

(03-10-2018, 10:54 AM)"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves Said: With the idea I threw out it wouldn't continually get lower though.

12 -5=7

The next pin takes 3 hours to kick out so:

12-3=9

The following pin takes 8 hours to kick out.

12-8=4

And so on.

I think that would give a good balance.

You don't think people would get confused and bitch if they got the time wrong? I mean, yeah it would be their fault but I could see somebody getting huffy and it becoming a "thing".

Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 11:16 AM

Yeah, but people get huffy all the time. I'm assuming any changed would be added to the rules. So it'd be your responsibility to read them.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 11:17 AM

The issue there is when does it reset? Does it just get down to on hour and the champ has to kick out every 60 minutes forever until he loses? That would basically guarantee a new champ every day.

Hate Post Like Post
Cadryn Tiberius Offline
The Essence Of Excellence

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-10-2018, 11:22 AM

What about a combination of the choices Shane listed on a system that randomly assigns one to a champion? Maybe the hardest stip offers a better reward than the others, etc.

The Essence Of Excellence -The Reverend - The Messiah - The Reflection Of Pinfection - Jester™

(Updated and Reset: 3/31/23)
Win - Lose - Draw
0 - 1 - 0

Cadryn's Butthole (Backstage Page)

Honorary King™ For The Day!
06-08-17

October 2017 Star Of The Month
May 2017 Star Of The Month
2017 Lethal Lottery IV Finalist
1x XWF Tag Team Champion (Pintner: Michael Graves)
2x XWF Hart Champion
1x XWF Television Champion
2x XWF Federweight Champion
5x XWF Heavy Metalweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-]
[-]

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 11:37 AM

(03-10-2018, 11:17 AM)Vincent Lane Said: The issue there is when does it reset? Does it just get down to on hour and the champ has to kick out every 60 minutes forever until he loses? That would basically guarantee a new champ every day.

Not at all. It resets every kick out. So the times do not accumulate.

For your first defense you have 12 hours.

If it takes you 1 hour to kick out, then your next defense will only allot you 11 hours to kick out.

On that second defense if it takes you 1 hour again, then on your third defense you would still only have 11 hours.

On your third defense if it then takes you 6 hours to kick out, then on your 4th defense you would only be given 6 hours to kick out.

Does that make sense?

Because I feel like I'm not properly conveying what I'm trying to say.
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 12:31 PM

So if it takes me 5 hours and then five hours and then one hour... that leaves one. Forever?

Hate Post Like Post
Wraith Offline

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

03-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Ok, you trollin'

TROOOOOLLIN'!!!
Hate Post Like Post
Darius Xavier Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 12:35 PM

(03-10-2018, 12:31 PM)Vincent Lane Said: So if it takes me 5 hours and then five hours and then one hour... that leaves one. Forever?

Then it would be 11 hours.

If I am reading him correctly you always start at 12 hours and the deduction from there is based on the time it took you to kick out on the previous attempt. Essentially each pin attempt resets to the default of 12 hours then you deduct from there.
Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 12:41 PM

Yes X, exactly
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Oh, the previous attempt. That seems tricky to keep track of. Keep in mind we have people who STILL don't understand the flood rules.

Hate Post Like Post

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-10-2018, 12:47 PM

If you went that way you could always post a tag on the Xtreme board that stated the kick out time for the next pin attempt.
Hate Post Like Post