Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 06:17 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stable mentality on an even playing field
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-06-2018, 08:34 PM

There's been a lot of talks either coming to me or that I'm overhearing regarding stables being formed. I'm a big fan of stables when they're done right, meaning there are talents of ALL levels in the stable. I'm NOT a fan of when somebody thinks of just contacting who they believe are the top names, and hoarding talent into a single group in hopes of dominating everyone else. Save that for when we have a roster of over 50, and at least 3 shows per week.

Let's make sure that if we're inching into a "Stable wars" type of era again, that we're actively keeping our stable evened out with maybe a couple top names or a champ, as well as at least a mid carder and lower/up and coming guy, and even keep in mind some of the new people might want to be included as well. And no I don't mean gather a bunch of top names and then add a couple others thinking it'll go unnoticed lol you guys all know what I'm talking about here. Let's not fall victim to the archaic thought process where we just want to hoard the top guys/champs/etc. We always want to make every aspect of the fed seem welcoming to RPers of ALL levels and experience.

Cool? Cool!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-07-2018, 09:23 AM

I take all of the members Shane. All of them. 'Cept the shitty ones.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
Mezian Offline
Does Fate Whispers Your Name?

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Honestly, I think that the Idea of having stables with multiple levels of talent is a good thing. I was here to bear witness to the last Stable War. The Kings and AX3 pretty much ran everything. And it didn't help that the storylines had one of The Kings as half owner of the company.

I think that maybe having a tag tourney again for the titles may help. Or maybe having team warfare themed events would help too. I know we just had WarGames but I think something directly pushing the ideas of a faction vs faction thing would be interesting.

[Image: lXVtJMr.jpg]

• W/L/D
  • 23/15/0

• 3xHeavyp Metalweighti Championn
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

03-07-2018, 05:35 PM

(03-07-2018, 09:23 AM)James Raven Said: I take all of the members Shane. All of them. 'Cept the shitty ones.

No, you have to also take Bilbo and Benny V!

(03-07-2018, 05:10 PM)Mezian Said: Honestly, I think that the Idea of having stables with multiple levels of talent is a good thing. I was here to bear witness to the last Stable War. The Kings and AX3 pretty much ran everything. And it didn't help that the storylines had one of The Kings as half owner of the company.

I think that maybe having a tag tourney again for the titles may help. Or maybe having team warfare themed events would help too. I know we just had WarGames but I think something directly pushing the ideas of a faction vs faction thing would be interesting.

Sometimes the faction wars just push themselves on us without us needing to plan or try for them. That's always when they end up being the best, because people aren't just grouping together for the sake of grouping together in time for something we announce. A lot of the best angles and storylines I've been a part of, or launched myself, were a direct response to what the members in the fed basically created a need/want for.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post