Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:59 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feed back on Anthony Knucks Scalici first rp
Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-04-2018, 07:46 AM

Look i am trying out a new character here in the XWF and i am new to this place feel free to shit on me or give positive feedback.

http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=30793

[Image: aks.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Muddy Waters Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-04-2018, 08:05 AM

A lot to cringe at here grammatically, but grammar is something I’ve always struggled with too. What Ive found here in the xwf is that strong story, character development and entertaining trash talk will supersede bad writing habits.

Seems like the readers got to learn just enough about Knucks without learning too much early on- and so that my friend is a good start. Just keep working at it- I’m intrigued enough to read more.

[Image: Backstage%2BTalk.gif]

(3X) Federweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-04-2018, 08:30 AM

(03-04-2018, 07:46 AM)Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Said: Look i am trying out a new character here in the XWF and i am new to this place feel free to shit on me or give positive feedback.

You should supply a link to the RP here, it makes it easier for people to check you out and give some feedback.

Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-04-2018, 08:36 AM

There, I added it for you. I'm nice.

Anyway, I'd echo Muddy's sentiments above. The grammar is pretty bad, and it makes it hard to read. Also having dialogue buried in there without really denoting who is speaking (unless it's Knucks) can be kind of arduous.

Overall, it's a good first effort. It's better than most "first efforts" that we see, so I think you'll do fine. Once you fiddle with your presentation and come up with a more fleshed out story, I think the character has legs.

Hate Post Like Post
Prof. Bobby Bourbon Online
Mad Scientist

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

03-04-2018, 08:44 AM

Just keep writing dude. The kinks work themselves out over time as long as you are enjoying yourself.

[Image: DtUCPfZ.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Offline

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

03-05-2018, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback and yes my grammar is bad. I am sorry for that I do try to fix it.

[Image: aks.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-05-2018, 02:54 PM

(03-05-2018, 02:31 PM)Anthony "Knucks" Scalici Said: Thanks for the feedback and yes my grammar is bad. I am sorry for that I do try to fix it.

It's cool man I've seen a lot worse. I just think that's the quickest and easiest way to improve right off the bat.

But like Rob says - just write. Tell your story. It will evolve, I promise.

Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-05-2018, 03:09 PM

The just write advice is probably the best in this situation. I was REALLY bad when I first came in with Maverick, but slowly I improved to have some decent skills, just to use an example. You have a solid base going on with your work, but if you refine your grammar and stick it out a bit, you'll be seeing a definite improvement.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
Drew Archyle Offline
Apex's Weakest Link duh

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-05-2018, 03:13 PM

(03-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Finn Kühn Said: The just write advice is probably the best in this situation. I was REALLY bad when I first came in with Maverick, but slowly I improved to have some decent skills, just to use an example. You have a solid base going on with your work, but if you refine your grammar and stick it out a bit, you'll be seeing a definite improvement.

It's amazing how much one can improve when they actually RP for their matches. Just saying.

[Image: mIFJDRA.png]

Former:

[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
w/ Robert "The Omega" Main and and James Raven "Apex" Longest reigning tag team champions in XWF history at 241 days.
[Image: nLYNvyj.png]
[Image: sxRvsd0.png]
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

February 2018 Superstar Of The Month
March 2019 RPOTM For Captain Americhyle - The First Apexvenger
Winning Team War Games 2017 w/Apex
XWF Federweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Shit

You rite

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
Robert "The Omega" Main Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

03-05-2018, 09:48 PM

Get a good story going and progress through it! A story never really has to end. Just the chapters do! The grammar will fall into place over time! Just keep it up!

Former:
[Image: 6x9xFnQ.png]
[Image: nLYNvyj.png] x2
[Image: fMJwa5h.png] x2
[Image: WPoUWuI.png]

Longest Reigning Tag Team Champions in modern history. W- Drew Archyle & James Raven
Longest Reigning Hart Champion in modern history:280 days
2nd longest reigning Universal Champion :269 days
Tag Team Champions W- "Chronic" Chris Page as Cataclysm
Trio's Champion W- AX3
2020 May Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team Wargames 2020
Winning Team War Games 2019 W- APEX PROPHECY
2019 Feud of the year W- "Chronic" Chris Page
2019 Tag Team of the Year W- Drew Archyle & James Raven as APEX
Roleplay of the Month February 2019 "Junkyard Dog"
Leap Of Faith Winner 2018
July 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2017 Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team War Games 2017 W- APEX
Mr. 24/7
[Image: Qfgvjya.png]
Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-05-2018, 11:06 PM

I've always said that I'm not a writer. As a matter of fact I struggled with English more than any subject in school. Yet I've gotten pretty decent at it. The best advice is what you've already been told. Just keep at it, read as much as you can both here or even books. You'll improve your writing and grammar with practice.

The most important thing is advice that was once given to me. Just make sure that YOU enjoy what your writing. If you do, it'll show, and others will enjoy it as well.

As far as the RP in question goes. It's a good start. I've seen (and written) far far worse lol.
Hate Post Like Post