Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 07:11 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry fam
JimCaedus Offline
Trash Talker Skywalker

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-01-2018, 09:05 PM

The Engineer Said:So, I wanted to propose a gentlemans agreement. I did the same thing with Main and a couple other people. Would you be willing to not post anything like 6 hours before the deadline? Obviously I will not either. I think it takes some of the pressure off both of us, plus on a completely transparent note I'm EST so me staying up that late is fucking impossible. I won't hold it against you if you don't want to do this, it's entirely your call.

Well played Engy. Fooled even me. Regardless of words detailing deadline, you specified that it's impossible ultimately for you on the east coast, (with those two jobs you've said you have in ooc posts) to be up 6 hours from midnight my time, since you are right there asking me not to post during that time. Obviously tonight you've proven your ability to be a lie and I was an idiot to believe you. So I concede the match. With you pulling this shady ooc garbage, Bourbon's shady ooc crap, Ben's shady ooc crap, me being hacked conveniently (and for the first time ever) just in time to make things harder for me to RP...yeah, it's no longer fun, no longer worth it. Thank you, however, all those of you among the roster and the brass who made this the best efed experience I've ever had otherwise with the greatest honors I've ever received in this game. I apologize for bowing out but if the game is going to be played in this way, I'm no longer interested in being here. Btw, this needs to be seen and acknowledged, not deleted, otherwise it enables this bullshit. You know damn well how much I love the XWF. This is what drives away a loyal member.

[Image: chM1Ri0.gif]

[Image: pz4P3Ut.png]
Shout out to Gator/Noah Jackson for this kickass banner

[Image: aFZyFWU.jpg]

~XWF ALL TIME TOP 50 - #6!!!! <3
~Efed Podcast Top 100 - #74 w/no Twitter (all credit to you, fam, πŸ™ <3)
~XWF UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF XTREME CHAMPION - 2x
~XWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION w/Chaos then Engy, w/APEX x2 - 3xΒ 
~XWF 24/7 Briefcase - 3x
~XWF Trio Tag Champion w/Ax3 - 1x
~XWF Television Champion - 1x (undefeated)
~XWF Federweight Champion - 2x
~XWF Triple Title Holder - 1x (TV, Federweight & 24/7 case)
~XWF Double Title Holder - 5x (TV/Fedr, Uni/Trio, Tag/24/7, X/24/7 & Uni/Tag)
~XWF 2017 Lethal Lottery IV Tournament winner!!
~XWF 2017 Leap of Faith Rafter Match winner!!
~XWF 2017 2nd Annual Doc D'Ville Shove-It Rumble Co-Winner w/Chaos!!
~XWF 2017 War Games Co-Winner with Rob Main & Drew Archyle as APEX!!
~XWF Feb. 2017 J. Federweight Scramble Winner!!
~XWF January 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Like a Moth to the Flame"
~XWF February 2017 Star of the Month!!
~XWF March 2017 3-Way Star of the Month!!
~XWF September 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Lions & Tigers & Caedus, Oh Shit"
~XWF July 2021 QOTM!! - line from "Took It All"
~XWF October 2021 RP of the Month!! - "This Just In" audio
~XWF November 2021 Star of the Month!! (3rd time!!!!!!)
~XWF Match of the Year 2021 w/Bourbsy!! - X-Treme, Flynn's Audio Shove-It

---Love Me, Like Me, Hate Me. No Worries---

Gator's ArchiveπŸ’™
[Image: KlXZwFe.png]
In Loving Memory of Captain Dick Powers

Gravy's ArchiveπŸ’™
[Image: YSqFoQ7.jpg]
[Image: oqNqgFo.jpg]
Shout out to Gravy for these kickass banners

Edit
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-01-2018, 09:08 PM

Hey Jim. Today is Thursday. The deadline is Saturday.

Stop being an asshole.

The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2018, 04:01 AM

Yeah dude I....uhhhh....wow

Still got 2 days.

Plus I even sent you another PM after that after I read Shane's post about why NOT to do those kinda deals because it puts pressure on people, telling you to forget all that because it wasn't fair to you.

I'm sorry your mad, but I just don't see what I did wrong here.

As far as the stuff with you getting hacked, anybody who knows me knows I'm so technologically even Excel spreadsheets are beyond my ken. I have nothing to do with that.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Steve Austin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2018, 07:37 AM

WHAT?!
Random Offline
New Season

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-02-2018, 02:17 PM

Jim you can't leave!

[Image: iR3bFnl.jpg]

8===D ~~~~ RanDoM ~~~~C===8
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

03-03-2018, 02:08 AM

i thought the deadline was tonight until I saw how much time was left.. oops Tongue

sucks i wont be able to get one more up since im going to ROH tomorrow night.

jimbo.. dont beat yaself ok

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
John Holliday

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 02:09 AM

Gentleman's agreement. BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. The fuck is that kind of shit? I'd never agree to that. Sorry if you can't rp, that's on you and no one else. Shit happens. Big fucking deal. Doesn't matter if you have to work 12 hours or whatever reason. Boo hoo, tough titties said the kitty when the nipple went dry. Do you think Tom Brady asked Philly not to score til the end of the Fourth Quarter of the Super Bowl because he wasn't preforming like he's known for? Fuck no. He kept playing to the last snap and guess what? He still lost but didn't bitch about it. I'm sorry but this is some shady shit. That's the way I see it. It's fucked up and not cool one damn bit.
Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 02:24 AM

Jimmy Crack Corn, I can see why you're pissed. But you're angry for no reason as the deadline isn't for 21 hours and, like, 40 minutes. Didn't have to make this a thing bud.

However, I wouldn't have taken that deal, tbh. Do I honestly get pissed when someone posts about an hour before deadline? Yes. It's bullshit, but I've learned that it's how this place is. You can't expect others to play by some kind of gentleman's agreement. Because it's very likely they'd just stab you in the back anyways and say "Oh, I was INSPIRED right before the deadline, so I just HAD to get it out! You understand, right?" While you were just sitting there, having many ideas go through your head, and adhering to the agreement.

No, this has never happened, but I'm just saying this is a thing that could've happened.

So, honestly, you shouldn't work by this agreement, IMO. If you can't cut a promo before the deadline, then it's your fault, not because you agreed and they decided to put one out anyways. Because what's to say they cut a promo the very minute BEFORE the 6 hour mark? Where would that leave you? High and fuckin' dry. You wouldn't get a chance to respond, because if you did, then they could call bullshit on you and call you untrustworthy. Would Engy do this? Fuck if I know. I've never really talked to 'im. Just saying it could happen.

But in this case, you were in the wrong for this post here and in your promo, sorry to not take your side on this, but you went off the handle waaaayyy too early.

My advice would be to just act as if you guys had no agreement. Because you might get boned either way. Whether he puts a promo out right before the agreed upon pre-deadline, or just before the actual deadline. You can end up being hung out to dry.

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 04:00 AM

I agree the Gentleman's Agreement was wrong, which is why I sent another message to Jim asking him to forget about it because it puts unfair pressure on him to conform to it. I can produce that message but if I try to put it up here in quotes there's no way people would know it was legit, ie. they could just say I just made it up now....? So I guess if you're really, really that interested I can forward it to you.

I did it with Main and he had no problem with it and we both abided by it. Nobody screwed anyone over.

When I said I did it with 2 other people, I think that was a brain fart and I was actually recalling a different fed. Now that I think about it, I don't think it was two other people HERE. I honest to God can't think of anyone else asked here. Of course if I did ask you and I'm forgetting and you see this feel free to call me out here. But yeah, the grand total of people I asked to do this stands at Caedus and Main.

However, I agree as a whole its the wrong thing to do. I mean, I'm far from the only person to do this, but when Shane posted his thing about it I agreed it was spot on and puts an unfair pressure on someone to agree to it if they don't want to feel like a dick. So I'll never do it again. I now feel pretty shitty for asking anyone to do it ever.

As for me posting another promo AFTER this, I made sure to make it seem respectful and not like I was trying to double down or rub it in his face. I hope it succeded.

I think it's kind of ironic that I just did a whole promo series about Engy trying to convince people he's not a dick and now I have to do it in real life. Heh. To be real, for some folks, I don't think ANYTHING I say here is going to change their minds about me. That's fine. I accept that. I made a mistake. I'm fallible. It happens. I won't do it again. I think the thing Jim took offense to here is kind of a misread of my original proposal though, a proposal, I will again note, I rescinded when I realized it was shitty.

Sorry folks, I'll try to be better, certainly by not trying to make these agreements anymore.

The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 04:18 AM

BTW I forwarded the message To Marek (still not sure who that is thoooooo) where I told Jim I hope he didn't feel pressured by the proposal and that I was fine with him working by his own time table, even if it means posting closer to deadline. So yes, it exists. If anyone else wants to see if feel free to drop me a line. Chat logs for all!

Phantom Panzer Offline

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 04:30 AM

(03-03-2018, 04:00 AM)The Engineer Said: I agree the Gentleman's Agreement was wrong, which is why I sent another message to Jim asking him to forget about it because it puts unfair pressure on him to conform to it. I can produce that message but if I try to put it up here in quotes there's no way people would know it was legit, ie. they could just say I just made it up now....? So I guess if you're really, really that interested I can forward it to you.

I did it with Main and he had no problem with it and we both abided by it. Nobody screwed anyone over.

When I said I did it with 2 other people, I think that was a brain fart and I was actually recalling a different fed. Now that I think about it, I don't think it was two other people HERE. I honest to God can't think of anyone else asked here. Of course if I did ask you and I'm forgetting and you see this feel free to call me out here.

However, I agree as a whole its the wrong thing to do. I mean, I'm far from the only person to do this, but when Shane posted his thing about it I agreed it was spot on and puts an unfair pressure on someone to agree to it if they don't want to feel like a dick. So I'll never do it again. I now feel pretty shitty for asking anyone to do it ever.

As for me posting another promo AFTER this, I made sure to make it seem respectful and not like I was trying to double down or rub it in his face. I hope it succeded.

I think it's kind of ironic that I just did a whole promo series about Engy trying to convince people he's not a dick and now I have to do it in real life. Heh. To be real, for some folks, I don't think ANYTHING I say here is going to change their minds about me. That's fine. I accept that. I made a mistake. I'm fallible. It happens. I won't do it again. I think the thing Jim took offense to here is kind of a misread of my original proposal though, a proposal, I will again note, I rescinded when I realized it was shitty.

Sorry folks, I'll try to be better, certainly by not trying to make these agreements anymore.

Look man, I still think pretty highly of you. Same for Jim. Just, both of you had brainfarts, but the one who cut the cheese bigger, was Jim. He honestly thought, it would seem, that the cutoff was earlier this week, and not Sunday, 12 a.m.

He didn't really have to bring this all out in the open, but here it is. Right now, I'll take your word for it, unless Main comes and says otherwise, that you two didn't abide by the Agreement. Which I doubt will happen.

Either way, I hope you two overcome this, because both of ya seem like cool dudes, and I want y'all to just kiss and make up.

Or fuck each other in the ass and make up.

Don't forget to give each other that reach around, though.

Only people like Peter would be that much of a dick. (JK Adventures of Pete and Pete. Tongue)

[Image: hvu6R0Z.png?2]
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 04:38 AM

(03-03-2018, 04:30 AM)Phantom Panzer Said:
(03-03-2018, 04:00 AM)The Engineer Said: I agree the Gentleman's Agreement was wrong, which is why I sent another message to Jim asking him to forget about it because it puts unfair pressure on him to conform to it. I can produce that message but if I try to put it up here in quotes there's no way people would know it was legit, ie. they could just say I just made it up now....? So I guess if you're really, really that interested I can forward it to you.

When I said I did it with 2 other people, I think that was a brain fart and I was actually recalling a different fed. Now that I think about it, I don't think it was two other people HERE. I honest to God can't think of anyone else asked here. Of course if I did ask you and I'm forgetting and you see this feel free to call me out here.

Look man, I still think pretty highly of you. Same for Jim. Just, both of you had brainfarts, but the one who cut the cheese bigger, was Jim. He honestly thought, it would seem, that the cutoff was earlier this week, and not Sunday, 12 a.m.

He didn't really have to bring this all out in the open, but here it is. Right now, I'll take your word for it, unless Main comes and says otherwise, that you two didn't abide by the Agreement. Which I doubt will happen.

Either way, I hope you two overcome this, because both of ya seem like cool dudes, and I want y'all to just kiss and make up.

Or fuck each other in the ass and make up.

Don't forget to give each other that reach around, though.

Only people like Peter would be that much of a dick. (JK Adventures of Pete and Pete. Tongue)

I'm not even mad he brought it out in the open. In some ways I think that's better. Seeing this was the first time I saw he had a problem with me. We were cool for a while.

Thanks though. And when you get done writing that Engy/Caedus slash fiction PM it to me. For scientific purposes, of course.

Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-03-2018, 04:44 AM

Guys, this is ridiculous.

Engy here did not a single thing wrong and anyone who feels differently is simply incorrect. People make RP agreements all the time. If you are of the opinion that it should happen before the match itself is booked, fine, but in a lot of cases people don't know who they are facing ahead of time. This time he did, sure, but what if I just randomly booked them together one day? Then what?

Jim Caedus is a fantastic writer and a very nice guy. He's also a lunatic who thinks the world is out to get him and that everyone is actually the same person in disguise. This isn't new and it isn't anyone's fault but Jim's. The only "agreement" that exited (befor it was rescinded) was "don't post within 6 hours of DL." It's STILL not 6 hours before DL, so the fact that there is any discussion here at all is just dumb.

Especially from those of you who spend more time writing lengthy shitty ooc opinion posts than you do actually roleplaying. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

Leave the Engineer alone with this shit. Thread closed.