Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:54 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! Don't overuse "glowy text" just for the sake of using it
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-01-2018, 03:33 AM

For those who enjoy the glowing text feature we have built into the boards, please keep the following points in mind...

1) It's always easier for a person who wrote their own material to already know what's being said as they proof read it, but if someone else comes along and has trouble reading the words because of the text/glow color combination clashing in a weird way, that's not a good thing.

2) Think of glowing text as something that should catch the eye in a favorable manner rather than an annoying one. Don't overdo it. There's no reason multiple characters in the same RP should have glowing text. It should stand out... be a highlight... etc...

I mention these things because I'm seeing a LOT of cases where people just clearly are using it for the sake of using it because the option is there. You need to be very careful about what font size, font face, font color, and glow colors you combine! If I find myself having to squint, or worse yet highlight your glowing text just to know what it says... it's going to be massive points against you from now on. If you have any doubts or questions, PM me directly.

People coming in from the outside for the first time and looking around at RPs are going "WTF?" and wondering why some RPs look like they were colored with crayons or something. lol Clean it up and be slick about how/when you use it!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit