Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 12:11 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » TURNING POINT 2018 RP BOARD
Angel In The Darkness pt 2
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-27-2018, 07:55 PM

====================
NOW
====================

*RIIIIIING*

*RIIIIIING*

*RIIIIIING*

“The number you have dialed has not set up their voicemail…

...goodbye!”

”Fuck!

Why is it that everytime Cadryn is booked in a tag team match, somebody doesn't show up?

Either he gets saddled with a partner that isn't ready, willing, or able to pull his weight, then goes on to bitch and moan about it for weeks. Or he gets pared with a competent partner, and for whatever reason, he decides to say fuck them. He did it to Dolly Waters about a year ago, and he's doing it to me now. It's not a wonder that the Kings™ never relied on him to defend the Tag Team titles.

All week I've been trying to get him on the ball. All week he's promised me that he would pull his weight. All week I've foolishly put my faith in him like the idiot that I am, because now I realize just how alone I'm actually going to be in this match.

Angel in the Darkness…

A promo concept that he helped come up with. It was designed to tell the story of how we first came to be. How I came from an abusive past. How my step dad seemed to take a sick pleasure in beating me from one room to the next. How that troubled past had shaped me into the antisocial closed off asshole that I am.

I've never been a hero. I've never been the good guy, wore the white hat, saved the day. I've always dreamed of being that guy, and I've tried to be that guy in the past, but it's just not me. I can't get over myself. I can't bring myself to care about anyone or anything that's not me.

Except one time I did.

It was the late 90’s, and I was signing autographs with a few other small time wrestlers at a flea market in Pittsburgh. Among my colleagues was one Darren Zirado. Like me at the time, he was an barely a name even in his home state. So signing 8x10’s for a few fans at a place like that was a decent way to get your name out there and promote the upcoming show.

Now, Cadryn has touched on this in the past, but in case you have forgotten, Darren used to be an alcoholic. He was a decent enough guy when he was sober, but he had his demons.

Cadryn, his step son was at the event as well. He was excited to see all of us wrestlers and made it his mission to get everyone's autograph that day. I didn't pay the kid too much attention, but I know he didn't like me. How could he? I'm the bad guy, and I carry that into every aspect of life, including meeting little kids.

However...

Towards the end of the day, I noticed that Darren was in a particularly foul mood. Maybe because nobody really bothered to get his autograph. I mean, we we're all nobodies, but that dude didn't pull a single fan in.

Anyway, I watched as he started to take his frustrations out on Cadryn. At first he was just yelling and being a general douchebag. The kid looked like he was about to cry, but it wasn't my business and it wasn't my kid, but then I watched Darren for whatever reason raise his hand and slap Cadryn so hard across the face that he couldn't help but tumble to the ground.

Coming from the past that I came from there was no way I was going to let that happen right in front of me. Long story short, I ran over I'm put Darren's ass on the ground with a swift right hook.

I let him know right then and there that if I ever so much as heard about him laying a hand on that child again he wouldn't walk away from what I did to him next.

Fast forward almost 20 years later and Cadryn became a star in the XWF. I'm going to admit that I didn't recognize him at first, but there was a reason that he sought me out upon his arrival, and there was a reason that he had carried a Michael Graves trading card around with him for so long.

Needless to say we became good friends.

Even when we stood on opposite sides, there was always that bond that kept us together.

He was with the Kings™.

I was with AX3.

Neither group of men liked to the other.

But when I was unceremoniously fired from the XWF Cadryn took a stand for me in an effort to save my job.

When there was no longer an AX3, and the Kings™ had rode back into the sunset, all that was left was us.

It was supposed to be our chance to start over.

Our chance to form the team that we had been wanting to form since day one.

That team is dead…

Gilmour, Muddy, even if I end up standing in that ring alone, I'm going to come at you guys with everything I've got.

But win, lose, or draw…

Cadryn and Graves is no more.”

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like "Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves's post:
Muddy Waters (02-28-2018), Peter Fn Gilmour (02-28-2018), Phantom Panzer (03-01-2018), Vincent Lane (02-28-2018)