Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:03 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Please Welcome... Tony Santos
Tony Santos Offline
Santos Glares at You

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-27-2013, 12:17 PM

The scene opens in a dingy studio apartment in Brighton, Massachusetts, over in the Oak Square part of town. It's a moderately cloudy, cool day in this neighborhood of Boston, on the border of Allston and Watertown, as well as Cambridge, which is the home to some of the best schools in the world (including Harvard and MIT). However, that means nothing to Tony Santos, who barely made his way through high school and dropped out of UMass Dartmouth (a Massachusetts state school) after a year of liberal arts bore.

Instead, his love lies with his son Troy (two years old) and his girlfriend Shannon, who, by the way, is not the mother of his child. The mother, Laura, sees Tony as a miserable waste of space and breath; a man who has recklessly pursued a life of wrestling in high school gymnasiums and boozing (usually just before and after matches, but sometimes during). However, any displeasure and disapproval from his former beau is good news to Santos.

In the studio sits Santos and Shannon, lights dimmed, watching Game Five of the Boston Bruins - New York Rangers hockey game on DVR, sinking into their worn, beige couch. Shannon, a particularly rabid Bruins fan, has been trying desperately for months to push Santos toward hockey fanaticism, but no dice. Tony sits, sucking on Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale, numbing himself to the back and forth ping pong aspects of hockey, slightly thrilled by the almost guaranteed Shawn Thornton fist fight.

Tony: Seriously, I don't get the point of this sport. It's a bunch of damn oafs, pushing a puck around and body-checking each other while hoping to get that puck into a net. Physicality is cool and all, but there needs to be some real meaning to it. Some theatrics or dramatics.

Shannon: That's ridiculous, Tony. This is a sport with dramatic physical and emotional encounters. One-timers, near goals, epic saves, fights! This is a sport full of intensity, where the final goal is a championship. This is a sport filled with meaning and relevance. No playing in pee wee hockey rinks here. Only bright lights and full, enthusiastic crowds. More than I can say about your career...

Cold. Things are finally coming together Shannon. I'm off to the XWF, and, and, Indiana! Seriously, I'm going to Indiana! The home of corn stalks, some straw poll that decides the presidency, and a place named Des Moines. Des Moines!

That's Iowa, Tony. Iowa. Here's something that'll get your memory kicking: Peyton Manning. He played for a team in Indiana.

I thought the Broncos were in the Mile High City of the Great Salt Lake...

You literally know nothing about sports or geography. Indiana is near Ohio, you know, the state you're stopping in before you head to the RCN Dome for your first ever real wrestling show? You haven't forgotten about your flight to Cleveland on Tuesday, right?

Yeah, yeah, the flight is booked.

Don't blow this, Tony. This is your first real opportunity since you decided to forego college to drop senton bombs on people for a living. You better be sure of this, especially since you cost us a good few hundred bills to send you to Indiana of all places... Remember the time you stumbled in to a playhouse of all places in Corvallis, Oregon two hours after your match was supposed to start, due to excessive booze and Chinese food? Let's not let that happen here, Anthony.

Tony, hating being called by his full name, cringes at the sound of Shannon's voice. Sitting back, he fingers through his long, brown hair slightly, ever so perturbed.

I've got this, honey bee (Santos knows how pet names get under Shannon's vibrant yet not-so-thick skin). I'm facing some guy by the name of Salman Van Dam. This is a man who is 0-2, once losing a match in which one of the people involved was a woman. This is a man with broken English, broken wrestling techniques, and a broken heart. The wonderfully terrible country of Pakistan has broken him as a person, and I'll unfortunately have to break him physically.

The last person you tried to break physically was Drew Carey via television. Let's worry about you getting into the ring sober first, then we can take it from there.

Fine fine. Here's what I'll do just for you. Come Wednesday, I'll climb in to that ring and manage to stand up straight for an entire ten minutes! I can be a damn artist when I'm actually on two feet, you know that. Then, I'll take it to Salman Van Damn, hitting him with a punch or two, and if he's still standing (since his vocabulary shows that he's one or two hits away from complete brain damage and debilitation), I'll hit him with a Final Destination senton bomb and throw him into submission with the Santos Stretch.

Granted, since I'm apparently a Mentos ripoff product (per a wonderfully articulate tweet from Mr. SVD), I may be stuck popping Mentos in the back, tempting the ladies with my gorgeous, white smile and incredibly fresh breath. I'm banking on the former, but the latter sounds like a fantastic backup plan.

Tony, just promise me that you'll make it to the arena and not force TSA on you the moment you touch down. Promise me that you'll actually make it to the arena and replace a few beers with a McDouble.

Promise, but only if I can have a McChicken instead.

Disgusting, but deal.

Santos cheers at the TV as an infomercial for Forever Comfy hits the screen, with Shannon realizing how entirely hopeless this man is.

The screen fades to black
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tony Santos's post:
Wallace Witasick (05-30-2013)