Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-15-2024, 10:41 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rate your interest in this type of fed/show
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-12-2018, 03:51 PM

If a show that focused heavily on playing along with and reacting to the storylines/events/etc that the staff assigned you or threw you into during the results, who would be interested?

A few examples:

-Staff tells you (the handler) that your character needs to turn face at the upcoming show and we want your character to be the top face of the show within a month from that turn. Your job now is to develop that change through your RPs, segments, and any changes in wrestling style/moves that would make sense to help you transform into the x-treme face/hero type of character... NOT a character who is cheered for swearing, excessive violence, etc... but a convincing hero/honorable type instead. (because maybe we told a different writer we want them to be the "Asshole" face)

-You end up in a segment on the show that sees your character get poisoned. Now it's up to you to correctly react and address this as well as play out what happened after the show, with doctors, etc... whatever it takes to sell that shit to the sky and make us believe your character almost died. None of this BS where you RP about how it hardly hurt you, or acting like you're invincible as soon as we see footage of you in your RPs that follow. If the CHARACTER is the type that would try to save face and lie about how hurt they were, then you need to be able to show us BOTH sides of that... we need to see what really happened and how damaging the effects were, how hard recovery was, etc... BUT then you can of course have your character lie straight to our faces about how "it was no big deal" or whatever. YOU (the writer) MUST sell what happened even if your CHARACTER wants to no-sell it verbally.

-You see that your character during a show was pushed in a direction that you didn't previously have them going in, but now you have to play along. For example, we might have your character have a run in with somebody else with NEITHER of you knowing OOC ahead of time it was going to happen. It unfolds into a brief brawl or altercation, and now those two writers are expected to immediately focus on each other above all else going on. We just gave you your next fued.

There's a lot more than can happen in such a show but I just want to sum it up as it being an e-fed version of you (the writer) being the performer we hired and are now IN CHARGE OF, and as we give you material, pushes, changes, etc... YOU have to turn them into gold and make them work. Much like in WWE, you'd be able to come to staff with ideas if you really aren't feeling your current angle/story but ultimately it will be up to us to decide how much freedom (if any) you have to change away from an idea.

Let me know your thoughts and if you'd be someone who would enjoy such a show. Definitely need to be more open to "Selling" things you maybe didn't want to have happen to you, and embracing them to make yourself even better. RPs, IC posts, segments, MATCH SPOTS, etc... are all things you'd use to your advantage. Winners and pushes would be judged by FAR more than just the usual RP scoring.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-12-2018, 04:01 PM

I really like that system. I remember a couple years ago we had the angle initiative system but that didn't really take off. Seeing this as a more in-depth system can really help breathe new light into the shows.

Yeah, I'm for this.

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-12-2018, 04:04 PM

It would be its own individual show, possibly bi weekly if anything. It would start off as its own little world in the fed with its own set of rules and preferably feature characters NOT being used on the other show(s). Then if it really takes off, it obviously has the chance to spread out and grow.

Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-12-2018, 04:08 PM

I'm thinking that the RP deadline would hit a few days BEFORE the show, giving us a window of time where now you have to work on the written material you're submitting to happen in the show, and give us material we ask you for, which all would also affect performance/winners that week. Something like that. Lots of room to brainstorm and such though since this isn't happening overnight.

Hate Post Like Post
"Dark Warrior" Micheal Graves

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-12-2018, 04:25 PM

I think that the idea has a lot of promise. I've actually always thought that it would be cool if fed heads acted more like bookers, assigning gimmicks, angles, feuds, etc.
Hate Post Like Post
Devon J. Reed Offline
Voted Trump.

XWF FanBase:
The "cool" kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-12-2018, 04:37 PM

I see nothing wrong with it if it is it's own show. That sounds like a great idea in fact.
Hate Post Like Post
The Engineer Offline
Man of Peace

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-12-2018, 04:56 PM

It sounds cool, but given that we still have trouble getting people to write for the shows we have now, who is going to write this?

I personally would be hard pressed to participate seeing as I have a lot on my plate now. But it would get people to have to step outside their comfort zone for sure and improve their writing talents in a more holistic way.

[Image: 9QBn3eQ.jpg]

Hate Post Like Post
erikblack Offline
I ARE RETARDEDS!!!!!!!!!

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(boring as fuck; promos act as sleeping medicine; never recognized in public)

02-12-2018, 04:58 PM

Meh..not a fan of that "real" wrestling stuff. I like fed storylines to play off of. Vinnie Lane is a rich mob boss and he's holding someone family hostage if they don't give up the universal title.

HEY LOOOK ARE ME I'S AND CUCKCOCK ALL DAYS DERRRRR HUH HUH HUH GKUG GLUG GIMME YOUR SPERM CELL!

My sig got edited to match my overly shitty behavior so now I can play tough guy asshole IC anywhere I go. Except at home where my mother will beat my o-ring to keep me in line.
Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-13-2018, 07:54 AM

not a big fan of real storylines but this could work..

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
drezdin5788 Offline
T.D.O>

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

02-13-2018, 08:22 AM

Nope

[Image: FSYLxSs.png]
NOW BE MY BITCH ASS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes drezdin5788's post:
(02-13-2018)
Finn Kühn Offline
Be the best, or be broken.

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-13-2018, 09:16 AM

(02-12-2018, 04:58 PM)erikblack Said: Meh..not a fan of that "real" wrestling stuff. I like fed storylines to play off of. Vinnie Lane is a rich mob boss and he's holding someone family hostage if they don't give up the universal title.

(02-13-2018, 07:54 AM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: not a big fan of real storylines but this could work..

I get you guys don't have a preference for real stuff, but real storylines wasn't brought up. This would all be custom stuff made by the staff and with input by you guys which can make a unique experience. Honestly, I wish this would be the system for the whole fed but it's great to see a new show potentially being brought in for this. Perhaps a revival of Madness?

[Image: d4Mq0D5.png]

January 2018 Star of the Month
- Win | Loss | Draw  -
- 2 | 2 | 0 -

Hate Post Like Post
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

02-13-2018, 06:51 PM

the whole thing where gilly was the king of the xwf was kinda dumb yet i went along with it.
but this new thing i dont think I can get behind.. just me sorry lads

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Mezian Offline
Does Fate Whispers Your Name?

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-15-2018, 03:54 PM

I think it would be interesting to see it unfold. At least from someone who hasn't been here that long.

[Image: lXVtJMr.jpg]

• W/L/D
  • 23/15/0

• 3xHeavyp Metalweighti Championn
Hate Post Like Post
erikblack Offline
I ARE RETARDEDS!!!!!!!!!

XWF FanBase:
Nobody

(boring as fuck; promos act as sleeping medicine; never recognized in public)

02-15-2018, 04:09 PM

(02-13-2018, 09:16 AM)Finn Kühn Said:
(02-12-2018, 04:58 PM)erikblack Said: Meh..not a fan of that "real" wrestling stuff. I like fed storylines to play off of. Vinnie Lane is a rich mob boss and he's holding someone family hostage if they don't give up the universal title.

(02-13-2018, 07:54 AM)Peter Fn Gilmour Said: not a big fan of real storylines but this could work..

I get you guys don't have a preference for real stuff, but real storylines wasn't brought up. This would all be custom stuff made by the staff and with input by you guys which can make a unique experience. Honestly, I wish this would be the system for the whole fed but it's great to see a new show potentially being brought in for this. Perhaps a revival of Madness?

I could see it as being a " how would my character react to management telling him to be a face when he's hill or vice versa". That could be interesting as long as nobody expects that character to actually do it. I mean...I could see Vinnie telling Erik to be a super face only to have Erik stare blankly at him.

HEY LOOOK ARE ME I'S AND CUCKCOCK ALL DAYS DERRRRR HUH HUH HUH GKUG GLUG GIMME YOUR SPERM CELL!

My sig got edited to match my overly shitty behavior so now I can play tough guy asshole IC anywhere I go. Except at home where my mother will beat my o-ring to keep me in line.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like erikblack's post:
Finn Kühn (02-15-2018), Mezian (02-15-2018)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-19-2018, 10:41 PM

I'm not sure if I was clear enough on what would be OOC and what would be IC with this idea...

When management tells you to do this or that, it would be OOC. It would be me sending you a PRIVATE message telling you what I expect you to successfully act out that week IN character. It would be up to you to deliver what management asks, and the person who does what they're assigned best that week (in their RPing, submitted match spots, and segments) would win.

If I decide I want to see your character as a face, because I feel like you could be the top face of the show, you'd HAVE to do your best to become that. This would lead to much more in depth storylines and interactions, and turn the show into more of a true, fluid TV show instead of a combination of sometimes conflicting or unrelated matches and segments being slapped together. You would be my actors and I'd be your director.

This show will almost definitely be happening very soon. In fact I may start it up in the next few days with just 2 or 3 matches for some people who aren't booked in the PPV right now. The goal will be to start very small and be its own little world, nothing like the rest of the fed operates. This is a hybrid of a few different e-fed styles all in one.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Finn Kühn (02-20-2018), Mezian (02-20-2018)
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-22-2018, 02:26 PM

Stuff like that is fun if the management suggestions are somewhat vague and still give the writer room to decide most of the material. If you tell a writer "I'm shifting you heel because I like the idea, and this week you need to murder a puppy and then eat six tubs of shit on a train" (which let's face it, we can ALL see happening in the XWF) you're likely to see a lot of people fall out before you ever get any real momentum moving.

I'm in an angle fed right now where my entire PPV cycle has pretty much been planned out for me, and all of my segments and interactions are reserved and outlined for the next two months. As a participant it kills my desire to do it. I like playing the game because I like developing my own character, and shaping my own stories, and deciding what I would or wouldn't do in a scenario. If you take that aspect away, you toe the line of essentially just asking other people to write your world for you.

I'm sure you guys have ideas to work around some of that, I just thought I'd toss it out there before this gets off the ground.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-22-2018, 02:43 PM

I agree and what I'm trying to shoot for is my own little version of all the best worlds...

I want to be able to tell the person the direction I want them to go in, or give them some sort of angle idea that is supposed to happen soon, and see how well THEY play it out because that in itself will be part of what then decides how strong they are in their matches, etc... If I want Drew Archyle to go full homosexual, it's up to HIM to decide what sways him toward the cock and which men he sleeps with, etc... (the stuff I suggest won't all be stupid and gay; I actually want it to be a serious show with only some sections having humor/crazy shit for an even balance)

This will combine some aspects of:
RP based feds
Angle based feds
Match writing feds (where both people write their own version of the match and the one who wrote the better match ends up winning, and the other person's work usually gets thrown out)

RPing will still weigh in heavily, but in my mind RPing will now consist of: Promos, match spots, and other segments/story I ask for to put in results. Since I'd have an idea of what I want to happen, I could tell James Raven what I expect out of his match spot to some degree, and I'll know to tell Famine of the Vile something entirely different for his spot in that same match, and I'll mold them all together and fill in the blanks. Everybody's creativity gets used, plus some added material from staff that nobody saw coming.

If I can get things to all flow together and get some good peeps to play along, it will be something that (as far as I know in all my parenthesis) is virtually unseen in any fed. Much more like a fluid TV show with intertwining, semi-planned action all along the way. Some of the episodes might not even have "matches" how we're all used to, but will still see huge developments and people getting over on other people based on their strength that week. Sometimes we won't even be in an arena at all for most of or all of an episode.

Hate Post Like Post
Drew Archyle Offline
Apex's Weakest Link duh

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

02-22-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote: If I want Drew Archyle to go full homosexual, it's up to HIM to decide what sways him toward the cock and which men he sleeps with, etc..

Sold

[Image: mIFJDRA.png]

Former:

[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
w/ Robert "The Omega" Main and and James Raven "Apex" Longest reigning tag team champions in XWF history at 241 days.
[Image: nLYNvyj.png]
[Image: sxRvsd0.png]
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

February 2018 Superstar Of The Month
March 2019 RPOTM For Captain Americhyle - The First Apexvenger
Winning Team War Games 2017 w/Apex
XWF Federweight Champion
Hate Post Like Post
PatrickPhife Away
FB GROUP FOUNDER

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

02-25-2018, 05:19 AM

Fun idea

Vince is a homo
Hate Post Like Post
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-08-2018, 11:08 AM

I'm down...

So is Anonymous, BROCK LESNAR!!!!, Elisha, and maybe H.O.T.

Who else was I?

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post
Vincent Lane Offline
Rock n' Rolling XWF Owner and Megastar
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-08-2018, 11:34 AM

GLISTEN

Hate Post Like Post
Great Buzzard Eli James IV Offline
Speaker of Truth

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

03-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Oh yeah, good call.

Glisten should return, except not as a detective.

[Image: N1KpZEA.jpg]

1x Universal Champion
1x Undefeated Trio Champion (1/3)
1x Undefeated Tag Team Champion
1x Undefeated European Champion
2x Undefeated UFO/FTW (Ark of the Covenant) Champion
1x United States Champion
2013 July Star of the Month
The One Who Ended & The Administrator
Former Owner of the XWF
Hate Post Like Post